• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Malazan BBQ - 2009 Rate Topic: -----

#301 User is offline   Fid 

• Old Git of High House Muttley
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 12 July 2009 - 01:37 PM

Just editing the photos now - somewhat disturbing in part but shall attempt to load something if I can work out the fangled process

#302 User is offline   bwgan 

• OFFICIAL Keeper of Shiny Things of the Abyssmal Army
  • Group: The Abyssmal Army

Posted 12 July 2009 - 01:51 PM

View PostHetan, on Jul 12 2009, 12:14 PM, said:

Liz, you were sick on our dog, we have to pay to have it blow dried

This is the best post I have ever read. Content and delivery absolutely spot on :killingme: ...I might even have to sig it.

I am going to get blackmail/bribery stuff on hubby ready for next year...I so want to come, even though I normally dislike BBQs.
'Tell me, Tool, what dominates your thoughts?'
The Imass shrugged before replying. 'I think of Mafia, Adjunct.'
'Do all Imass think about Mafia?'
'No. Few think at all.'
'Why is that?'
The Imass leaned his head to one side and regarded her. 'Because, Adjunct, they are sheeple.'

Sometimes I wonder, "Why is that frisbee getting bigger?" ... and then it hits me.

#303 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 12 July 2009 - 02:04 PM

Well, we got the dog cleaned no thanks to mez.. We also managed to fish Macros out of the pond finally, twas a bit of a fight that.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#304 User is offline   Thelomen Toblerone 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Team Handsome

Posted 12 July 2009 - 02:28 PM

I've got to have won the prize for quickest journey home, did it inside an hour and a half. Exactly how much more alcohol Mac has consumed in that time, I dont know, but he was well on the way this morning and still going strong.

Oh, and we can cofirm, he DOESN'T actually have huge hands.

Thay're not huge at all. They're GINORMOUS

And a thankyou even bigger than Macros' huge hands to Mal and Het, who, as ever, laid on the best bbq you are likely to imagine, and are the most accomodating, forgiving, and best hosts I could imagine. Im not sure I could put up with Illy sleeping on my toilet floor and puking everywhere yet agin. What is is, 3rd year running he's done that? And the vast amounts of burgers, sausages, chicken, and most importantly, bacon - not to mention the sheer quantities of alcohol present - were fantastic. I had at least 7 rashers of bacon for breakfast today, I thought my mouth was going to die of pleasure overload.

This post has been edited by Thelomen Toblerone: 12 July 2009 - 03:46 PM

#305 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

• Malazan Yo Yo Champion 2009
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 12 July 2009 - 03:52 PM

View PostThelomen Toblerone, on Jul 12 2009, 03:28 PM, said:

Im not sure I could put up with Illy sleeping on my toilet floor and puking everywhere yet agin. What is is, 3rd year running he's done that?

Did he really? I want to hear more stories of shameful behaviour after I left. It will make me feel better.

But seriously, I wasn't really sick on the dog, was I?
Burn rubber =/= warp speed

#306 User is offline   bwgan 

• OFFICIAL Keeper of Shiny Things of the Abyssmal Army
  • Group: The Abyssmal Army

Posted 12 July 2009 - 04:07 PM

I hope you were Mez...I'd be sorry for the doggy naturally, but... :killingme:.

A few Christmases ago my hubby and his brother were so drunk whilst saying a loving goodbye to each other ("you are the best brother ever." "No you are" "No mate I mean it I really love you" etc etc) that neither noticed our dog cock his leg over them as they stood on the door step...hubby did wonder why I made him take off his trousers before he came in, but like I say was so drunk even that hardly registered.
'Tell me, Tool, what dominates your thoughts?'
The Imass shrugged before replying. 'I think of Mafia, Adjunct.'
'Do all Imass think about Mafia?'
'No. Few think at all.'
'Why is that?'
The Imass leaned his head to one side and regarded her. 'Because, Adjunct, they are sheeple.'

Sometimes I wonder, "Why is that frisbee getting bigger?" ... and then it hits me.

#307 User is offline   Hetan 

• Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
  • View gallery
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 12 July 2009 - 04:22 PM

I have to come clean Mezla.... it was Macros that posted about the dog... you would think I should know better than to leave my account logged on with a house full of drunken Malazites . I would like to reassure you that no dogs were harmed in the writing of that post :killingme:

Macros was delivered to the railway station, a glass full of vodka and red bull prised from his grip (it was one of my best ones), but still manfully clinging on to the rest of the bottle... I wonder if he managed to get on the train with it. Sombra is having a nice quiet evening in Cambridge and was awesome in helping out last evening with manouvering various people in to the right places so that we could all settle down for sleep - but we had to give up and leave Illy where he was... he did look comfortable snuggled round the toilet bowl. I think he's grown fond of it over the years. :D

I've got some awesome pics but am too tired to re-size and post this evening.
"He was not a modest man. Contemplating suicide, he summoned a dragon". (Gothos' Folly)- Gothos

#308 User is offline   bubba 

• High Marshall
  • View gallery
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:5.3%
  • Kill all the golfers...

Posted 12 July 2009 - 04:27 PM

Ah Hetan....you might want to look into what other things Mac did with your account.......(Check his post count and Apts)....... :D :killingme:

#309 User is offline   Volkh 

• Evil Ash

Posted 12 July 2009 - 04:33 PM

Very happy to hear the BBQ went well for ya Hetan! I am looking forward to seeing the pictures :killingme:
Clatto Verata N... Necktie... Neckturn... Nickel... It's an "N" word, it's definitely an "N" word! Clatto... Verata... N-
[coughs]

#310 User is offline   Volkh 

• Evil Ash

Posted 12 July 2009 - 04:35 PM

Bubba, how can you rat a man's brilliant move out so easily? There wasn't even a woman threatining to cut you off before you cracked either!
Clatto Verata N... Necktie... Neckturn... Nickel... It's an "N" word, it's definitely an "N" word! Clatto... Verata... N-
[coughs]

#311 User is offline   RodeoRanch 

• The Midnight Special

Posted 12 July 2009 - 05:32 PM

Pictures! Give me pictures!

#312 User is offline   Thelomen Toblerone 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Team Handsome

Posted 12 July 2009 - 06:01 PM

Cheers for the delicious cake btw Bubba, if you yankees ever get yourself together for a meet-up let us know and I'll try and repay the favour by getting some steak & kidney pies and jellied eels out to you, as a British treat. :killingme:

#313 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 12 July 2009 - 06:17 PM

Aw, beer , BBQ, bacon, Malazites I've never met - wish I could have made it.

At least it's one social occasion this year that I didn't embarass myself at.. does it count if you can't get there?

Looking forward to pics!
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#314 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 12 July 2009 - 06:23 PM

Dear lord... never let Cougar drive the day after one of these things again. It took us five and a half hours to get home!!

Many thanks to Hazel and Bill for putting up with us, and it was awesome to see everyone again. I'm not gnna name names because I'm sure I'd manage to forget someone, but Paleman, make sure to thank your wife for the biltong stuff, it was especially delicious!!

And the tshirts really are excellent. Kudos to Urb for the brilliant picture :killingme:
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#315 User is offline   Cougar 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • View gallery

Posted 12 July 2009 - 06:48 PM

It only took us 5 and a half hours because I had to stop at 6 service stations to throw up and I had a sleep in the carpark on the toll cos I was so banjoed.

I had the best time, I have an absolutely award winning hangover and tired arms from holding Liz upright for so long.

It's probably never been said before but I was glad I had Broody riding shotgun on the way back.

The pics are great, I need to sort out them sooon
I AM A TWAT

#316 User is offline   Fid 

• Old Git of High House Muttley

Posted 12 July 2009 - 06:58 PM

Here it is.....the photo montage = I will try and post some individual photos in need of captions

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by Cougar: 06 August 2009 - 11:30 PM

#317 User is offline   alt146 

• Here comes the Strongbad!

Posted 12 July 2009 - 07:13 PM

Is it just me, or is it sad I recognise so many of you without ever having met any of you?

Boerewors and Biltong - Sounds like you had a braai, not a BBQ :killingme:
[url="http://www.alt146.zzl.org"]MafiaManager[/url]: My Mafia Modding tool - Now at v0.3b

With great power comes a great integral of energy over time.

#318 User is offline   Giles 

• Demon of the inn
  • Interests:Martial arts and Metal music

Posted 12 July 2009 - 07:21 PM

Im going to have to add thanks to Bill and Hazel for putting up with us. I had a great time again :killingme:
"Hollow. My name is Kurosaki Ichigo. You killed my mother. Bankai."

#319 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 12 July 2009 - 07:29 PM

I never would have believed a toilet floor could be so comfortable. Rather than admit I can no longer drink like I used to (also I only threw up last year, not the one before), I'll just blame THE FUCKING AQUAVIT OR HOWEVER YOU SPELL IT AS IT IS THE DEVIL'S PISS IN BOTTLED FORM

Seriously though, it was a fantastic day. The food, the booze, the company, the food, everything was great. Sombra was awesome even after his brahatectomy, Mac's sister being his hand double was great to learn and Mac himself I will assume was hilarious whenever he spoke in his incomprehensible brogue, Mez had a glorious night, Bill and Hazel kicked so much ass I now have two and a half buttocks, and all the Malazites I'd met before and liked were just as nifty as I remember. Oh, and Brood was there too, I think.

The only bad parts were running out of time and having to get to the train station before I could say goodbye to everybody, and having to sit on a train floor for two hours due to overcrowding on the way back down. But there was no children in my train car, so I'm fine.

I think we need to make the Illy Chicken Challenge a yearly event.
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#320 User is offline   Cougar 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • View gallery

Posted 12 July 2009 - 07:45 PM

Just how much poultry did Illy eat, in pounds?
I AM A TWAT

Share this topic:

• 24 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

42 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 42 guests, 0 anonymous users