View PostRodeoRanch, on Jun 10 2009, 04:54 AM, said:

Maybe some tasteful nudity.

Ask, and ye shall receive...

Brood, bring some whipped cream.

#142 User is offline   Beliar 

• Sergeant
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 11 June 2009 - 02:45 PM

see now i'm starting to think it may not be such a good idea to attend. you all seem fairly crazy from what i gather, it would only pain me to pull your all further down that slippery path of no return. Alas i may not be available on the 10th (at least thats the date i remeber reading?) see if i'm still working then. hello again by the way! 2nd post!! i'm getting good at this postin stuff!

#143 User is offline   Thelomen Toblerone 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Team Handsome

Posted 16 June 2009 - 01:42 AM

Crazy? Moi. Forsooth, non. Just mentally unbalanced is all.

Just an etiquette check - sleeping bags again, oui? And is there anything in particular you;d like us all to bring - special meats or drinks, perhap?

#144 User is offline   Dag 

• Burninating poodles since 1996

Posted 16 June 2009 - 06:34 AM

Yeah, that's a good question... What should we bring? Any special wishes? I will leave the Slivovitz at home this time :p, but there are many other nice things I can take with me... :p

As I already told Hetan, Mr. B unfortunately won't be able to come, he has a lot of packing to do before moving to Japan in August :p , so it will be only me this time entertaining everyone with my wonderful Austrian accent. I have already booked a hotel, so you won't have to suffer my snoring and epic stories I tell in my sleep... and if there are any of you arriving to the train station in the early afternoon, taxi-sharing would be a welcomed option. :)
The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues.

#145 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 16 June 2009 - 05:13 PM

View PostThelomen Toblerone, on Jun 16 2009, 02:42 AM, said:

And is there anything in particular you;d like us all to bring - special meats or drinks, perhap?

Bull's penis.
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#146 User is offline   Wry 

• High Fist
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 16 June 2009 - 06:18 PM

Brood said:

Bull's penis.

That's your answer for everything!
“Arm yourself, Watson, there is an evil hand afoot ahead"

#147 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 16 June 2009 - 06:43 PM

Yeah I really suck at exams *budum*
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#148 User is offline   Cougar 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • View gallery
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 16 June 2009 - 08:16 PM

I'll won't be bringing anything special; just 2lb of quality Lancashire sausage and plenty of finest British beef on the bone.

WOOF, WOOF!!
I AM A TWAT

#149 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 16 June 2009 - 08:24 PM

Bulls reproductive organs aside, whenever a train time form landan tan has been figured out could one of you pm it to me so I can sort getting to whatever train station it is people are travelling from

#150 User is offline   Thelomen Toblerone 

• Ascendant

Posted 17 June 2009 - 11:27 PM

Fair point - what sort of time should we arrive?

Something like 1 or 2pm?

#151 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 17 June 2009 - 11:36 PM

Oh yeah, I need to find out what trains are going that way. Hmm.
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#152 User is offline   Thelomen Toblerone 

• Ascendant

Posted 17 June 2009 - 11:38 PM

With any luck, you coud time it so as to coincide with the mass trip of every child of school age in Plymouth to Cambridge, and share a train with them Illy! ;)

#153 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 17 June 2009 - 11:40 PM

HNNNNNNNNNNGH
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#154 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

• Malazan Yo Yo Champion 2009

Posted 18 June 2009 - 07:39 AM

View PostDag, on Jun 16 2009, 07:34 AM, said:

... and if there are any of you arriving to the train station in the early afternoon, taxi-sharing would be a welcomed option. ;)

I can get trains that get to Cambridge at '16 and '42 mins past the hour. So once we decide which hour, I can meet you. At least I would recognise you and it saves either of us delicate ladies being alone in a cab with strange (and possibly smelly) internet people :killingme:
Burn rubber =/= warp speed

#155 User is offline   Thelomen Toblerone 

• Ascendant

Posted 18 June 2009 - 10:16 AM

I've told you before, it's a natural gassy musk, not a "smell."

#156 User is offline   Hetan 

• Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
  • View gallery

Posted 18 June 2009 - 12:57 PM

You are all welcome any time on the Saturday really... and yes, sleeping bags please. Any other contributions will be gratefully accpeted in the way of food and drink.

Not sure if we're having a cocktail this year? anyone got any preferences?
"He was not a modest man. Contemplating suicide, he summoned a dragon". (Gothos' Folly)- Gothos

#157 User is offline   Cougar 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • View gallery
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 18 June 2009 - 02:55 PM

Err...Molotov?
I AM A TWAT

#158 User is offline   Dag 

• Burninating poodles since 1996

Posted 18 June 2009 - 07:03 PM

View PostMezla PigDog, on Jun 18 2009, 09:39 AM, said:

I can get trains that get to Cambridge at '16 and '42 mins past the hour. So once we decide which hour, I can meet you. At least I would recognise you and it saves either of us delicate ladies being alone in a cab with strange (and possibly smelly) internet people :killingme:

Yay! That would be great! ;)
The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues.

#159 User is offline   Malaclypse 

• Banned User
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Banned Users

Posted 18 June 2009 - 09:04 PM

Definites.

Cougar
Toby
Baudin
Sir Thursday
Brood
Illy
Imperial Historian
Dag
Mr B- cannot now make it this year
Macros
Morgoth
caladanbrood II
Mezla PigDog
Ereko
Paleman
Mrs Paleman (Sandra)

with special guest - Sombra

running total, including Mal and Hetan: 18

Maybes

Brynjar
Traveller

#160 User is offline   Thelomen Toblerone 

• Ascendant

Posted 19 June 2009 - 11:26 AM

Ok, train people going from Kings Cross - how does the 12:15 sound to everyone?

The trains are every half hour (at 15 and 45 minutes past the hour), and take between 46 and 47 minutes.

The slower trains, which will be known hereafter as the Mez-Train, go from Kings X every 52mins past the hour, and take 1 hour 2mins. Mez may well be getting on the ones from Liverpool Street on that line though, so we may be better off leaving the ladies to their own gas-less devices, free from our nerdish musky sweat scents and poor diet related wind, if everyone does decide they'd rather synchronise, we can work out what time the one we'd get from Kings X would get to stevenage and work from there.

Anywho, the quicker trains being as they are, I thought maybe 12:15? That way everyone would have time to line their tummies with a nice greasy full english breakfast (with Soda bread in Mac's case), no-one would have to wake up too early, and we get to Cambridge at about 1pm. Dunno how long the taxis take from the station, anyone know from last year? Otherwise, I'm sure Cougar wouldn't mind driving to the station to pick us up in shifts. :p :p

I'd assume half hour though, so that way we'd arrive at half 1ish, which Im guessing is a sort of good time? With that as a basis, we can push it back an hour or two to accomodate our more distant members - Baudin, you're coming up from Warwick, iirc? - so they have time to arrive. The 14:15 would get us there at half 3ish, which might be more what Mal and Hetan have in mind, at least that way there's two less hours for us to drink ourselves into oblivion.

On which note, no one give me anything flavoured with licorice or aniseed or I WILL be sick, it doesn't sit well with me. Also, no amoxycillin anyone, unless you want to kill me you cheeky blighters.

Share this topic:

• 24 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

38 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 38 guests, 0 anonymous users