• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Malazan BBQ - 2009 Rate Topic: -----

#201 User is offline   Hetan 

• Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
  • View gallery
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 06 July 2009 - 12:17 PM

There is only one BBQ worth going to at this time of year and you are going to it - be at peace woman!
What more could you want than to spend the afternoon sweltering in a garden with a lot of strange but compellingly amusing internet geeks, quaffing quantities of alcohol and consuming various forms of cooked meat (some of them might even be edible). :D
"He was not a modest man. Contemplating suicide, he summoned a dragon". (Gothos' Folly)- Gothos

#202 User is offline   Cougar 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • View gallery
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 06 July 2009 - 12:33 PM

View PostMezla PigDog, on Jul 6 2009, 01:11 PM, said:

Attention Cougar, Dag and Paleman!

If it works for you guys, I am going to get the 12:42 from The Nage and arrive at Cambridge station for 13:27 (I got it wrong at the weekend by 11minutes, Cougar!). I can also arrive for 12:54 or 13:54 but the above time works best for my lie in, breakfast and pre-BBQ trip to the shops.

I am really looking forward to meeting lots of new and interesting people.... Perhaps I should go to someone elses BBQ :D

Right then I have carefully laid plans so I'll get you at 13.27. I'm leaving with IH and Brood at about 8.30am and it'll take us 3hrs 30 to get down there plus going to the shops. That means we'll be at the BBQ for about 12.30pm. It's about 30 mins to Cambridge station from Mal and Hetans so that gives me plenty of leeway.

If you don't want to cart around loads of booze I can take the guys from the station to the supermarche on the way through.

In exchange for picking people up I want a full body massage off the girls, Paleman, you're excluded from this, I'll take a can of tennants super/bottle of Buckfast in exchange.
I AM A TWAT

#203 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 06 July 2009 - 12:44 PM

Why not get them to massage you with the alcohol? Also supermarket visit is excellent, I need my spine for things.
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#204 User is offline   Cougar 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • View gallery

Posted 06 July 2009 - 12:48 PM

Since when was I giving you a lift Illy? I've no objection to it but you'll need to bring a roofrack for a BMW 3 Series Sport to strap yourself onto as I've got 5 in already.

I'll do a booze run with people if they want though when back.
I AM A TWAT

#205 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 06 July 2009 - 12:58 PM

I was under the impression that you wouldn't mind taking everyone getting to Cambridge station around 1pm on the 12:15pm train from London in several trips. Clearly I made the fatal mistake of listening to Toby be assertive about information. But yes, a lift would be excellent, thanks. I've no problem with waiting at the station and being in the second (or third) passenger loads and I'm sure there'll be booze somewhere in there for you.
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#206 User is offline   Cougar 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • View gallery

Posted 06 July 2009 - 01:23 PM

Right here is the deal, I'll make 2 trips to the station on Saturday.

I'll be there to pick up Mezla, Dag, Paleman and wife on the 13.27. I won't be coming back for anyone afrer that, it's nearly an hour round trip from Hetans to the station and back and that would mean it would be past 3pm by the time I was done.

With a superhuman effort I can come and get people if they get a train in for 12.30pm but it has to be then otherwsie I'll be late getting back for the 13.27 crew. So you'll all have to decide between you what you are doing and let me know.

I don't know how anyone got the impression I'd be making trips all afternoon it won't be happening.
I AM A TWAT

#207 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 06 July 2009 - 01:45 PM

Guess people will sharing a taxi from the station, the 12:15 from London will take about an hour to get to Cambridge.

#208 User is offline   Slum 

• House Knight
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 06 July 2009 - 01:49 PM

Obama will drive you in his clown car!

Posted Image

#209 User is offline   Thelomen Toblerone 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Team Handsome

Posted 06 July 2009 - 05:30 PM

View PostIlluyankas, on Jul 6 2009, 01:58 PM, said:

Clearly I made the fatal mistake of listening to Toby be assertive about information

See, what I think you've done here is mistake me making a joke about Cougar being a driving-slave, which he responded to in equally tongue-in-cheek manner, and read it while drunk or similarly incapacitated, thus missing the subtle wit of our north-south banter. :D

Pretty much every post I've made has been to do with train plus taxi, although in fairness I believe I posted half of it uselessly in another thread nothing to do with things, didnt check it and then the thread died. Usefully.

Basically, we need to work out who's coming up on t'train together, so how many of us need to meet, where/when etc, and how many taxis we'll need.

I think so far we've got:

TT
Illy
STd
Baudin
Mac

#210 User is offline   Dag 

• Burninating poodles since 1996

Posted 06 July 2009 - 08:30 PM

OK, 13:27 sounds good to me. That means I'll have to leave London a bit earlier and get to Cambridge 12:42. Since the hotel is apparently near the station, that should give me enough time to check in, unpack the goodies I'm bringing along and meet you guys at the station again. :D
The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues.

#211 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 06 July 2009 - 08:35 PM

remind me again what time i have to be at what station?

#212 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

• Malazan Yo Yo Champion 2009

Posted 06 July 2009 - 11:50 PM

View PostThelomen Toblerone, on Jun 19 2009, 12:26 PM, said:

Ok, train people going from Kings Cross - how does the 12:15 sound to everyone?

View PostMacros, on Jul 6 2009, 09:35 PM, said:

remind me again what time i have to be at what station?

Howzat? Reading, massively underrated :wallbash:
Burn rubber =/= warp speed

#213 User is offline   Giles 

• Demon of the inn
  • Interests:Martial arts and Metal music

Posted 07 July 2009 - 12:04 AM

why look through the thread when we could just wait for some helpful soul to find it for us... :wallbash:
"Hollow. My name is Kurosaki Ichigo. You killed my mother. Bankai."

#214 User is offline   Hetan 

• Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
  • View gallery

Posted 07 July 2009 - 06:18 AM

OK - I will also do a run to the station - but I can only do one trip, because as Macros pointed out in another thread, I have to hand the meat to the man to place on the barbecue :coffee:
So I'll do a 1.30 pick up also - I will have room for 4 people - five if one wants to sit in the boot :wallbash:
"He was not a modest man. Contemplating suicide, he summoned a dragon". (Gothos' Folly)- Gothos

#215 User is offline   Cougar 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • View gallery

Posted 07 July 2009 - 07:53 AM

That means I can follow Hazel in which makes my life easier.

I'll warn the occupants of my car that Mezla has already made a pre-emptive call of 'shotgun' but I'll remind you that this can only be made once the car is visible.

This post has been edited by Cougar: 07 July 2009 - 12:39 PM

I AM A TWAT

#216 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 07 July 2009 - 11:32 AM

why thank you mezla, a helpful soul was needed and you performed masterfully.
expect no conversation to be forthcoming before 3pm, I don't handle hangovers well in my dotage

#217 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 07 July 2009 - 01:32 PM

We don't have to talk to you? Even better!!
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#218 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 07 July 2009 - 01:33 PM

We'd be talking to the hand by default anyway.

#219 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 07 July 2009 - 04:05 PM

I'll be flying in with Morgy on the evening of the 10th, so just assume his arrangements x 2.

Except for sleeping, of course. He's not THAT handsome. :wallbash:

Cheers,

La Sombra, still has SOME standards ...
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#220 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 07 July 2009 - 04:16 PM

View PostSombra, on Jul 7 2009, 05:05 PM, said:

La Sombra, still has SOME standards ...

Depends. Do you still drink Beez Neez?
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

Share this topic:

• 24 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

5 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users