Malazan Empire: Erikson and Esslemont biography's - Malazan Empire

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Erikson and Esslemont biography's Only a month after you asked me about this Mal, sorry I've been bu Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 22 April 2009 - 07:03 PM

As the main webpage is being updated it's going to be linked more heavily to the wiki, so we need some things updating to fit in better with the grand scheme.

One thing that we'd like is a complete erikson and esslemont biography, with information on what they have written and a little bit of info about them. I've been intending to write this now for about a month but I realise I just don't have the time, so if one of you lovely people would be interested in updating the wiki entries for SE and ICE it would be greatly appreciated.

#2 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 22 April 2009 - 11:18 PM

I'll give it a shot, though I'm sure we'll need Mal or someone important to go over it and take out all the creepy stalker info I put in...

This post has been edited by D'rek: 22 April 2009 - 11:23 PM

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#3 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 09 May 2009 - 02:52 AM

Right, Erikson bio draft 1 is up. Still needs some work but a fair amount is there.

Can't find much info on him before UK, though. Archaeology and anthropology both require degrees, but no mention of what school he might've gone to. Can't find his wife or son's name (just as well perhaps, but it's not like his private life is a big secret since we know his real name). Oh yeah, another big one, I'm assuming he met ICE while they were both livin' in Winnipeg, but can't find confirmation of it either. Le sigh.

Ah well, I'll keep diggin' up stuff as I find time. It's actually kind of fun, some of the randomest info turns out useful (like he wrote HoC and MT in a coffee shop called Italia, but not any books before that, so I reckon maybe he moved to Victoria between writin' MoI and HoC, crazy stalker stuff like that!)

If you get a chance, see if you can dig some stuff out of Mal or someone else, though.

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#4 User is offline   Hetan 

• Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
  • View gallery
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 12 May 2009 - 06:49 PM

He moved to Victoria after finishing Bonehunters
His wife is Clare and his son is Bowen.

What else do you want to know? we may be able to fill in a few more gaps.
"He was not a modest man. Contemplating suicide, he summoned a dragon". (Gothos' Folly)- Gothos

#5 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 15 May 2009 - 10:33 PM

View PostHetan, on May 12 2009, 01:49 PM, said:

He moved to Victoria after finishing Bonehunters
His wife is Clare and his son is Bowen.

What else do you want to know? we may be able to fill in a few more gaps.

Hurrah, names. I feel so factual when I get to put names in, thanks.

I don't really know what I want to know, if that makes any sense. Mostly the middleish area of his life is missing, its like he was born, moves to Winnipeg, then a dark cloud of mystery descends on him and all we know is he's studying and then doing archaeology, and then suddenly he re-emerges into Britain with a wife, a job at Toyota and a draft version of GotM and from there on he is trackable again. So anything to fill in that middle area would be good, especially if it concerns the Malazan books of course. I guess a brief recount of how he met ICE and when they started makin' up the Malazan world (I assume they chilled in Winnipeg together), maybe what post-secondary institute he attended, when he started actually going out to dig sites for archaeology (and any cool places he went to on that), etc.

That or anything else would be wonderful.

As always, thanks a bunch Hetan!

#6 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 24 May 2009 - 09:37 PM

Well I'm mostly jotting this down just so I won't have to look it up again, but so far these are all the different cafes and restaurants he's acknowledged, almost a different one for each book, ha!

Café Rouge, Dorking, England - DG
Café Hosete - DG
Pizza Place, Winnipeg, Canada - MoI
Tony's Bar Italia - HoC and MT
Black Stilt Café - TtH
Pacific Union Café - TtH

#7 User is offline   End of Disc One 

• House Knight
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 01 July 2009 - 02:58 PM

Does anyone have a picture of ICE? I've never seen the dude.

#8 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 02 July 2009 - 01:36 AM

View PostEnd of Disc One, on Jul 1 2009, 10:58 AM, said:

Does anyone have a picture of ICE? I've never seen the dude.

There's one in the authors section of the site's main page

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users