Malazan Empire: Settings/Campaigns on the run - Malazan Empire

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Settings/Campaigns on the run What are you running or playing?

#21 User is offline   Happy Shaman 

• Sapper
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 03 March 2010 - 10:31 PM

Man oh man I need an RPG fix. I moved away from my group about 7 months ago, we were playing a Super Hero GURPS game that was just getting good before I moved. To fill it, I'm creating my own setting and rules system (no for commercial use, but because I never have the money to keep caught up with all the books and supplements for any game)

The game is called Guild Chores, the players make characters that are part of a Multi-Dimensional Guild of Adventurers and travel a Multiverse and take part in all kinds of wackiness. Obviously this is a satirical game idea. Hopefully I'll be ready with it by the time I find someone to game with.

Ah the trials of a nerd...
Talking to you, is like clapping with one hand...what is it?

Caught in a mosh!

#22 User is offline   Darkwatch 

• A Strange Human
  • Group: The Most Holy and Exalted Inquis

Posted 16 April 2010 - 03:42 PM

Creating a whole set of rule systems is rather daunting. I'm impressed in your devotion.
I usually just use the 2 book GURPS base set and go from there. I see no need to buy any of the supplements.
I try and keep up on different die engines, and that can be done for free on the internet.

I hope your setting is absurd enough.
I'm thinking of starting a campaign up this summer (or handing it over to a friend who's better at the absurd stuff than I) which I developed while talking with Tiste.

Right now the games running here are:
-Falcon's Hollow: Set in the Pathfinder setting. I co-GM with a friend, we take it in turns.
-The Steel Company: Eberron setting used. I'm not in it.
-Eberron 2: sub story in the same world as above. I'm in it.
-Authority campaign: it's a custom setting but uses DnD system and classes.

That's about it.
The Pub is Always Open

Proud supporter of the Wolves of Winter. Glory be to her Majesty, The Lady Snow.
Cursed Summer returns. The Lady Now Sleeps.

The Sexy Thatch Burning Physicist

Τον Πρωτος Αληθη Δεσποτην της Οικιας Αυτος

RodeoRanch said:

You're a rock.
A non-touching itself rock.

#23 User is offline   Darkwatch 

• A Strange Human

Posted 12 December 2010 - 01:41 AM

Had a great game last night.

Creating a new NPC:

Dr. Hex

Basically a dimensional counterpart to one of the PCs. He now roams dimensions like the Doctor roams time.
In a spaceship that is essentially a really big DeLorean.

It was awesome.
The Pub is Always Open

Proud supporter of the Wolves of Winter. Glory be to her Majesty, The Lady Snow.

RodeoRanch said:

You're a rock.

#24 User is offline   Adjutant Stormy~ 

• Captain, Team Quick Ben
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 18 March 2011 - 06:50 AM

Just started a new campaign with a bunch of my neophyte friends. It's a magic-heavy DnD 3.5 / 3.75 campaign.

It's really hard to intro people who haven't played before, because balancing the tutorial aspect of the game (by virtue of the fact that I'll be pulling in effects and rules that they've not been exposed to) while making it still interesting.

I've entitled the first part of the campaign "The Stone Crumbles."
The party is initially recruited as high-powered couriers, hired by one of the local Mage Lords (Wolfram, that of Stone, specifically), to take documents and a HIGHLY powerful, and controversial artifact he's unearthed to the regional Council of Mages. Through rough country, etc. The usual 'take this to over there, and kill anyone along the way that tries to stop you' archetype. They arrive at the city late at night, and hasten to the keep, where they encounter no posted guards.

ROLL INITIATIVE

The party is attacked by undead, and as they make their way to the top of the keep, they see the very end of a catastrophic mage battle between Wolfram and his assailant, fire, lightning, very Michael Bay. Wolfram succumbs to his injuries, dies, and rises again. He's fallen victim to a magical plague seeded by the attacker, a zombie plague. The party dispatches (hopefully) the undead mage and flees the now burning, unstable tower.

The surrounding city is in flames, and the party meets Wolfram's apprentice, who I'm planning on acting as a more badass Deckard Cain figure. He saves their bacon, and hires them to help unravel the mystery of who's trying to start a civil war amongst the Mage Lords.

Intrigue, absurdly powerful magic, and the entirely likely repeated deaths of the party to follow!
<!--quoteo(post=462161:date=Nov 1 2008, 06:13 PM:name=Aptorian)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Aptorian @ Nov 1 2008, 06:13 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=462161"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God damn. Mighty drunk. Must ... what is the english movement movement movement for drunk... with out you seemimg drunk?

bla bla bla

Peopleare harrasing me... grrrrrh.

Also people with big noses aren't jews, they're just french

EDIT: We has editted so mucj that5 we're not quite sure... also, leave britney alone.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#25 User is offline   Darkwatch 

• A Strange Human

Posted 22 February 2012 - 08:28 PM

So we finally re played the Authority campaign and the DM just saddled me with the Chain of Dogs. Except worse.
30 000 refugees to get to a city that may or may not be safe, no army for help and our enemy is ogres and fire giants lead by the Fire Giant God on a flying mountain.
They are all going to die...
The Pub is Always Open

RodeoRanch said:

You're a rock.

#26 User is offline   Darkwatch 

• A Strange Human

Posted 23 May 2012 - 05:21 PM

So were playing the table top rpg of WH40k.

Two campaigns in the same universe.
In v.1 I'm a Explorator Tech-Priest who has had his job cut out for him dealing with Lord Captain Fantastic Patronius. I managed to stop the ship getting mutated by the warp.

In v.2 I'm an Astropath who has been elected Lord Captain of our new Corvette. I will name it Blind Faith.
The Pub is Always Open

RodeoRanch said:

You're a rock.

#27 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 24 May 2012 - 10:06 PM

I had to go on RPG hiatus a couple months ago because Game Night was the only time I could play music together with my friend. I was forced to prioritize, weep with me, brothers & sisters
HiddenOne. You son of a bitch. You slimy, skulking, low-posting scumbag. You knew it would come to this. Roundabout, maybe. Tortuous, certainly. But here we are, you and me again. I started the train on you so many many hours ago, and now I'm going to finish it. Die HO. Die. This is for last time, and this is for this game too. This is for all the people who died to your backstabbing, treacherous, "I sure don't know what's going on around here" filthy lying, deceitful ways. You son of a bitch. Whatever happens, this is justice. For me, this is justice. Vote HiddenOne Finally, I am at peace.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users