Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Knoll Barrow

#1 User is offline   Darkwatch 

• A Strange Human
  • Group: The Most Holy and Exalted Inquis

Posted 21 April 2009 - 03:07 PM

So Silencer has stated that the Knoll Barrow has been rebranded from being and Role Playing only forum to Pen and Paper / tabletop games forum.

If that's so may I suggest that it be merged as a subforum into the games forum.

Apt said he'd suggested it as well though and it didn't go through.
Is there a reason why?

The Knoll has seen little traffic, and if it's meant to be a place for the PnP/Tabletop crowd then maybe making it a subforum is a good idea, more people might see it, more people might use it.
People don't seem to know what it's for.

Just my two cents.
The Pub is Always Open

Proud supporter of the Wolves of Winter. Glory be to her Majesty, The Lady Snow.
Cursed Summer returns. The Lady Now Sleeps.

The Sexy Thatch Burning Physicist

Τον Πρωτος Αληθη Δεσποτην της Οικιας Αυτος

RodeoRanch said:

You're a rock.
A non-touching itself rock.

#2 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 21 April 2009 - 03:49 PM

Not moving the Knoll Barrow was a deliberate malicous choice by the evil dark lords of the Secret Dank Moderator Cave off Rot and Ravens... that and common laziness :p

#3 User is offline   Skywalker 

• Mortal LightSaber
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Pedant.

Posted 22 April 2009 - 09:49 AM

View PostDarkwatch, on Apr 21 2009, 08:37 PM, said:

The Knoll has seen little traffic, and if it's meant to be a place for the PnP/Tabletop crowd then maybe making it a subforum is a good idea, more people might see it, more people might use it.
People don't seem to know what it's for.

Just my two cents.

Chiming in to say I had NO IDEA until now that the Knoll Barrow was meant to be what DW said. And I've been here for some time now! Not that I have any use for the forum given the new knowledge...
Forum Member from the Old Days. Alive, but mostly inactive/ occasionally lurking

#4 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 23 April 2009 - 01:24 AM

View PostDarkwatch, on Apr 21 2009, 10:07 AM, said:

So Silencer has stated that the Knoll Barrow has been rebranded from being and Role Playing only forum to Pen and Paper / tabletop games forum.

It kind of acts as a subforum for discussion of both those things already, regardless of its official designation...

To be honest, if there's going to be two game-related forums, I think one should be discussing games and one should be playing games, so most of the Knoll Barrow stuff would go with the video-game discussion threads from the current Games forum into the former (the games-discussion forum), and Mafia, Sheep, Diplomacy, Ultimate Deathmatch, etc would go into the latter (the games-playing forum). Each would of course have subforums in whatever manner works the best. That's my 2 pesos, anyway...

This post has been edited by D'rek: 23 April 2009 - 01:30 AM

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#5 User is offline   Yellow 

• Sick and Tired
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 23 April 2009 - 06:20 AM

I agree that the mafia subforum (plus sheep, diplomacy etc) doesn't really fit into the main forum, which seems to be about computer games. I'd guess the mafia subforum is actually more busy than the main forum, so maybe something's a bit skewy with that setup.
Don't fuck with the Culture.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users