• « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Elder Scrolls Series First Person RPG Goodness

#741 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 30 November 2011 - 05:56 PM

View PostGaystadFlourishHammer, on 30 November 2011 - 03:09 AM, said:

WTF?!?!?!

Great, I'm gonna have damned nightmares now!
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#742 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 30 November 2011 - 06:33 PM

I've come to the conclusion that paralysis is incredibly overpowered. I just used it on a dragon priest and it worked. So, it was just for me to hack at it with a knife (destruction is full so I'm trying to lvl 1 handed weapons), occasionally throwing another paralysis.

Clearing dungeons is ridiculously easy as a full mage at this point. I can throw 3 dual thunderbolts and 1 paralysis before my spell points run out. That basically means I can dish out somewhere around 600 in long range damage before the enemy has a chance to move at all. After that there's just a few more hit points to deal with (if any at all) and since the target is paralyzed a few thrusts with the knife takes care of that.

Now I'm leveling the use of a blade to deal with whatever survives as the enemies become stronger.

This post has been edited by Morgoth: 30 November 2011 - 06:34 PM

Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#743 User is offline   Jade-Green Pig-Hog Swine-Beast 

• Knight Seneschal
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Fencing, ninpo, didjeridu, good books, good films and irn-bru.
  • Pre-dinner mayonnaise -- it's good for you!

Posted 30 November 2011 - 07:22 PM

What school (and level) is paralysis from?...also, have you considered using conjured weapons?
The love I bear thee can afford no better term than this: thou art a villain.

"Perhaps we think up our own destinies and so, in a sense, deserve whatever happens to us, for not having had the wit to imagine something better." Iain Banks

#744 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 30 November 2011 - 07:40 PM

Alteration, and I would guess expert.

The problem with conjured weapons is that the process requires additional spell points. I'd rather get the full benefit of single weapon fighting through that tree.

#745 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 01 December 2011 - 08:31 AM

http://www.cracked.c...ming-addiction/
hehe, brilliant read (semi-connected to the topic)
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#746 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 01 December 2011 - 10:57 PM

Posted Image
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#747 User is offline   Beezulbubba 

• ---
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Banned Users

Posted 02 December 2011 - 04:23 AM

All that delicious cheese. What a shame.

#748 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 02 December 2011 - 04:28 AM

I'll be impressed if they spawn enough cheese above a dragon to kill it.

Posted Image
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#749 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 02 December 2011 - 10:07 AM

Master lvl spells are ridiculous. I just thought I'd let it be known.

#750 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 03 December 2011 - 05:43 PM

Alduin was not the tiniest of challenge when faced with my all powerful, incredibly satisfying lightning storm .

#751 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 04 December 2011 - 08:51 AM

So my archery askill has dropped from 40+ to 15, and is now shown in red.

I have no diseases, no effects listed in the magic menu, and haven't been to jail.

Any idea what's up? Bug?

By the looks of it, I can still by perks, and each perk still shows my level as being what it was - it's just the main skill number that is now in red.
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#752 User is offline   Fist Gamet 

• Mortal Sword
  • Interests:Writing, reading, writing, climbing, writing, scuba diving and writing (not at the same time)

Posted 04 December 2011 - 12:59 PM

So I finally gave in and purchased Skyrim, and it is awesome! First Dragon fight took place at night in bad weather, which, as you might guess, is a freakin nightmare! Then at, oh, level 6 just wandering around in the high and lonely places, stumbles upon a Dragon sleeping atop a ruined keep...slink away, ol man, just slink away...
Victory is mine!

#753 User is offline   MTS 

• Fourth Investiture

Posted 04 December 2011 - 02:00 PM

Just saw an aurora borealis while randomly tramping through the Rift. Amazing.
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem.

Si hoc adfixum in obice legere potes, et liberaliter educatus et nimis propinquus ades.

#754 User is offline   Lucifer's Heaven 

• Shaved Knuckle
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 04 December 2011 - 04:19 PM

I know this is completely off topic, but Fist Gamet, I love your avatar.
"So how'd you save the world?"
"Averted the rapture by drowning the baby Jesus in his own tears"

#755 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 04 December 2011 - 06:59 PM

View PostTraveller, on 04 December 2011 - 08:51 AM, said:

I have no diseases, no effects listed in the magic menu, and haven't been to jail.

Any idea what's up? Bug?

By the looks of it, I can still by perks, and each perk still shows my level as being what it was - it's just the main skill number that is now in red.

Sometimes you get diseases without it being listed in active effects, go get a shrine blessing and see if that removes it.

#756 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 04 December 2011 - 07:30 PM

View PostIlluyankas, on 04 December 2011 - 06:59 PM, said:

View PostTraveller, on 04 December 2011 - 08:51 AM, said:

Any idea what's up? Bug?

Sometimes you get diseases without it being listed in active effects, go get a shrine blessing and see if that removes it.

Yep, did that, also took cure disease potions, which didn't change it.

Seems it's a bug, that rights itself once you level the skill again - I'll try it later to see if it works.
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#757 User is offline   Fist Gamet 

• Mortal Sword
  • Interests:Writing, reading, writing, climbing, writing, scuba diving and writing (not at the same time)

Posted 04 December 2011 - 08:51 PM

Ha ha, yeah, Toshiro is one of my favourite actors and it's a great picture. As for the Borealis, I saw that too and it's impressive. Here's a hint though, steer clear of any mammoths you see - they ain't alone...
Victory is mine!

#758 User is offline   MTS 

• Fourth Investiture

Posted 04 December 2011 - 10:15 PM

Provides a decent opportunity to level the Block skill though. Nothing quite like one-hit levels in Block from a giant.
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem.

Si hoc adfixum in obice legere potes, et liberaliter educatus et nimis propinquus ades.

#759 User is offline   Fist Gamet 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 04 December 2011 - 10:39 PM

Just spent an hour scraping with a dragon in Winterhold...townguard killed...just me then...but, you know, being a game and all, they do it so well and I find killing the dragons kinda sad...
Victory is mine!

#760 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 04 December 2011 - 11:20 PM

OK, so Master difficulty is pretty challenging. Be ready to bring potions or invest heavily in Illusion.
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

Share this topic:

• 68 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

64 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 64 guests, 0 anonymous users