• Sergeant
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 13 January 2012 - 12:23 AM

And Buckets. Always need more buckets.

#922 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 13 January 2012 - 03:45 AM

No the Nightengale armor does not have a cape, iirc, but it is most likely the best looking armor in the game, at least I think so :p
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#923 User is offline   Silencer 

• Manipulating Special Data
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
    Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 13 January 2012 - 03:56 AM

It DEFINITELY has a cape. I'm pretty sure of that. O.o

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#924 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 13 January 2012 - 03:58 AM

Is that attached to the helmet or the armour, though? I never bothered with it beyond mandatory usage since I had the Ebony Mail so I don't know for sure.
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#925 User is offline   Garak 

• Emperor
  • Interests:40k, Star Wars, Babylon 5, WW2, A Song of Ice and Fire, the Drenai series, the Riftwar and all that followed it, D&D, Vikings, the Malazan Book of the Fallen. I think you get the gist of it.

Posted 13 January 2012 - 08:41 AM

Yes it has a cape and I think it's attached to the armor. I wore for a long time (not because it was the best armor I had but because it just looked awesome).
The meaning of life is BOOM!!!

#926 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 13 January 2012 - 10:09 AM

Nightingale armor looks nice. I got a bit distracted from the Thieves guild quests by finishing up the Winterhold ones, but I'll carry on with them now. I just need to bump my smithing now to get the Dragon Scale - I've no idea what that looks like yet, but it sounds good at least.

I'm now over the 100,000 gold mark - I have clothes, bracers, rings and amulets enchanted with Fortify Smithing, and some with Fortify Barter. Easy way to make money and Legendary equipment at the same time if your smithing isn't that high yet.

(The end of the Winterhold quest was a bit easy really - even on a high level, I killed the guy in about two hits; and caught his soul too).
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#927 User is offline   tiam 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Mott Irregulars

Posted 13 January 2012 - 03:37 PM

View PostSlow Ben, on 12 January 2012 - 11:37 PM, said:

You know what they need more of in this game?

Embalming Tools.

Genuine loss at this :p

I need to do other things with my stupid real life for some reason but I shall be getting a few hours later. I havnt started the Companion questline or the civil war one. Im trying to clear my miscellaneous quests which is mostly dungeon trawling which is fun as the puzzles are difficult ometimes as im not used to them yet.

Was disappointed when I found out there wasnt localised damage just a hit/miss with a bow

#928 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 13 January 2012 - 05:12 PM

View Posttiam, on 13 January 2012 - 03:37 PM, said:

Embalming Tools.

I need to do other things with my stupid real life for some reason but I shall be getting a few hours later. I havnt started the Companion questline or the civil war one. Im trying to clear my miscellaneous quests which is mostly dungeon trawling which is fun as the puzzles are difficult ometimes as im not used to them yet.

Was disappointed when I found out there wasnt localised damage just a hit/miss with a bow

There's a miss?? Yeah, would be nice if you could injure limbs to disable or slow down. Everything I hit from 'hidden' goes down in one go - skeletons are quite satisfying as they explode everywhere.

Sounds like where I'm at really, I haven't done the Companions or Civil war. Clearing older quests can be pretty unrewarding at later levels though - I finished a dungeon crawl yesterday and got a reward - of 20 gold! And what's the deal with treasure chests hidden behind doors with Master locks, that contain 8 gold and a random crappy weapon? I want loot dammit!

I haven't invested any perks in Lockpicking, as I can pick any lock, including Master, in about four or 5 attempts? 8/10 I hit the spot on the first go, without any perks or enchantments.
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#929 User is offline   tiam 

• Ascendant

Posted 13 January 2012 - 09:14 PM

View PostTraveller, on 13 January 2012 - 05:12 PM, said:

View Posttiam, on 13 January 2012 - 03:37 PM, said:

Embalming Tools.

There's a miss?? Yeah, would be nice if you could injure limbs to disable or slow down. Everything I hit from 'hidden' goes down in one go - skeletons are quite satisfying as they explode everywhere.

Sounds like where I'm at really, I haven't done the Companions or Civil war. Clearing older quests can be pretty unrewarding at later levels though - I finished a dungeon crawl yesterday and got a reward - of 20 gold! And what's the deal with treasure chests hidden behind doors with Master locks, that contain 8 gold and a random crappy weapon? I want loot dammit!

I haven't invested any perks in Lockpicking, as I can pick any lock, including Master, in about four or 5 attempts? 8/10 I hit the spot on the first go, without any perks or enchantments.

Yeh the master locks guarding chests full of fine clothes are all sorts of shit.

Struggling to think of what to do up next. My bow just hit the 110 damage mark and I never use my blade of Woe so no point doing any combat skills. My smith, archery and sneak are nearly maxed with alchemy and speech being around 60. Im pretty sorted for combat so dont know what to invest in. Maybe smithing but you cant make bows or arrows for some reason.

#930 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 13 January 2012 - 09:26 PM

You can make bows, and you can just do endless tomb runs to get ancient nordic arrows which beat iron, equal steel, and are by far the most common arrow type in the game. As in, you can shoot literally everything with AN arrows and still have 1100+ left once you've taken Archery from base to 100.
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#931 User is offline   tiam 

• Ascendant

Posted 13 January 2012 - 10:07 PM

View PostIlluyankas, on 13 January 2012 - 09:26 PM, said:

You can make bows, and you can just do endless tomb runs to get ancient nordic arrows which beat iron, equal steel, and are by far the most common arrow type in the game. As in, you can shoot literally everything with AN arrows and still have 1100+ left once you've taken Archery from base to 100.

You can make bows? Is it ust me being dense then and missing a forge option? Yes Nordic arrows are good as steel but im shooting everything with glass atm. I dont mind so much but it is annoying killing a wolf and not getting my glass arrow back when I can clearly see the arrow and have that 'pick up your arrows' perk

#932 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 13 January 2012 - 10:12 PM

Yeah, it's there, I made my Daedric Bow (Legendary) myself, all tarted up (with a bunch of unoptimised +archery damage gear) to 245 damage. Also the benefit of using arrows you don't care about is that you can literally throw them away and not give a damn, unlike the better, rarer ones. Though I did use an Orcish arrow once. I am such an ammo hoarder in games.

#933 User is offline   Beezulbubba 

• ---
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Banned Users

Posted 14 January 2012 - 12:22 AM

Sanguine Rose .... use often? or only in those particularly hairy situations to give you some space to operate? (I opt for the latter).

#934 User is offline   tiam 

• Ascendant

Posted 14 January 2012 - 12:37 AM

View PostIlluyankas, on 13 January 2012 - 10:12 PM, said:

Yeah, it's there, I made my Daedric Bow (Legendary) myself, all tarted up (with a bunch of unoptimised +archery damage gear) to 245 damage. Also the benefit of using arrows you don't care about is that you can literally throw them away and not give a damn, unlike the better, rarer ones. Though I did use an Orcish arrow once. I am such an ammo hoarder in games.

Deadric might be different. Im level 99 Smithing but have only put enough point into for steel and so I can improve magical items. Maybe once I sink some points into it will change.

Also didnt know you get Dwarven ingots from all the Dwemer junk until like five minutes ago....

#935 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 14 January 2012 - 12:45 AM

Man, I can't even remember if there even is a steel longbow.

ALSO QUICK REMINDER to use Unrelenting Force (the old Fus Roh Dah) on the big artifical glowy thing in that city in Blackreach. You'll know it when you see it.

#936 User is offline   Silencer 

Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 14 January 2012 - 04:47 AM

The Dark Brotherhood, of course. :p

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#937 User is online   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 14 January 2012 - 01:46 PM

View PostBriar King, on 14 January 2012 - 05:37 AM, said:

Figures. That kinda sucks for me cause Im a rather shitty assasin...

Then just start the DB quest by doing the assassination for that kid in Windhelm then

Spoiler

I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#938 User is offline   Silencer 

Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 14 January 2012 - 10:33 PM

OR, you could NOT do that and close the questline for yourself forever, and just, y'know, steal it off her during/after that quest! :p

Though that way does work too, ofc. :p

Shinrei said:

#939 User is offline   JLV 

• Stoned Swallow of Low House PEN
  • Group: Tehol's Blissful Chickens

Posted 14 January 2012 - 10:40 PM

If you do that, it opens a new quest line called "eliminate the dark brotherhood"

#940 User is offline   Silencer 

Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 14 January 2012 - 10:43 PM

Yes, which is the main reason for doing so. Though that questline is not exactly long or involved even by Skyrim standards. :p

Shinrei said:

Share this topic:

• 68 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

20 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 20 guests, 0 anonymous users