• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Elder Scrolls Series First Person RPG Goodness

#901 User is offline   tiam 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Mott Irregulars

Posted 10 January 2012 - 11:46 PM

View PostBriar King, on 10 January 2012 - 11:34 PM, said:

I generally use Breezehome but I bought Proudesprie and moved my wife there so I ll start moving my stuff there.

I got Molag Bar's mace last night. That was freaky but that thing is a beast!

the Molag Bol house quest glitched on me and I lost 20 hours of gameplay. This run through Im just not going inside tbh.

Any ideas for a shop thatl buy all my stuff or do you move it around alot?

#902 User is offline   tiam 

• Ascendant

Posted 11 January 2012 - 06:52 PM

Thats a bit shit. Im just stock piling stuff in one of the cupboards in Breezehome and when I need money doing the rounds with it. Better than fast travelling around after every dungeon.

#903 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 12 January 2012 - 04:50 AM

Have you guys done the theives guild quests?

I just stop by there when I have a full bag and can sell nearly everything I have since she carries 4k gold.
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#904 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 12 January 2012 - 10:19 AM

Got to do the missions. Each 'city' you unlock she gets 500$ more in her limit, after you take over all 4 she has a 4k limit.
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#905 User is offline   tiam 

• Ascendant

Posted 12 January 2012 - 11:33 AM

View PostObdigore, on 12 January 2012 - 10:19 AM, said:

Got to do the missions. Each 'city' you unlock she gets 500$ more in her limit, after you take over all 4 she has a 4k limit.

Sorry Obdi is this Vex that I can buy from? If it that other one that allows me to upgrade my thief armour then Im knackered because I sold my thief armour because I didnt need it, so cant upgrade it. Shes just stuck on the upgrade thief armour option. DO you know where I can get more thief armour to get her off this.

#906 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 12 January 2012 - 01:07 PM

I sell a lot of stuff to the smiths in Whiterun and Solitude, and my enchanted stuff to the mages. The smith in Whiterun is good, because there's two of them - if you sell to the guys wife outside, he then has a separate 1500 inside. If they're both indoor though, they share the same inventory.

I've enchanted some boots and a necklace with Fortify Load or whatever it is - with the thief armor they're great for helping to get home while loaded up.

@tiam I think you're a bit screwed if you sold it, unless you can buy it back from the same vendor you sold it to.

Storing stuff is great - I've stockpiled quite a lot of items that I can now enchant to sell on. I'm only about 2k off 100,000 - mostly from selling enchanted loot, as it cost nothing to start with.
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#907 User is offline   tiam 

• Ascendant

Posted 12 January 2012 - 01:33 PM

Yeh havnt quite started spamming enchanted gear yet for the money. Will do though. I havnt sunk any points into smithing but its nearly maxed anyway so I did it enough so I can improve enchanted items now. I think I am screwed if I sold it as I cant buy it back from her as the only option she has if 'I can improve that armour etc' so yeh knackered. Yeh ive been selling to Whiterun smiths and then trotting up to the general store. Still got a fuck ton of stuff in my cupboard at Whiterun though.

#908 User is offline   POOPOO MCBUMFACE 

• High Fist
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 12 January 2012 - 02:55 PM

I always got light armour training from the woman in Riften and proceeded to sell everything to her.

#909 User is offline   tiam 

• Ascendant

Posted 12 January 2012 - 03:08 PM

View PostPOOPOO MCBUMFACE, on 12 January 2012 - 02:55 PM, said:

I always got light armour training from the woman in Riften and proceeded to sell everything to her.

The one who always moans in the market? You may infact be a genius as i didnt know training would transfer over into her purchase kitty.

Cheers

EDIT- Just tried this and while not a long term solution (shes only an expert so wont be able to get training for long) this works for the back log of items I have. Cheers.

More questions-

Does it matter where I shoot them with my bow? I understand limbs and such might do less damage but I usually go for the throat as the arrows rises slightly when released giving me either a headshot or a throat shot.

What are dragon bones and scales used for? Im stock piling them for literally no reason if theyre just to be sold.

This post has been edited by tiam: 12 January 2012 - 03:39 PM

#910 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !
  • Interests:beer, party.

Posted 12 January 2012 - 03:51 PM

I think the scales are used to make the best light armor...but no idea about the bones.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#911 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 12 January 2012 - 03:59 PM

Even more: if you have a companion trainer like Farkas and Vilkas, you can just take the money back from their inventory after you train.
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#912 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 12 January 2012 - 06:28 PM

View Postcerveza_fiesta, on 12 January 2012 - 03:51 PM, said:

I think the scales are used to make the best light armor...but no idea about the bones.

There are heavy and light versions of dragon armour, I believe the heavy uses both bones and scales. It's slightly lighter and slightly weaker than daedric but a lot easier to get if you have ebony mine respawn issues or no money.
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#913 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 12 January 2012 - 06:44 PM

View Posttiam, on 12 January 2012 - 11:33 AM, said:

Sorry Obdi is this Vex that I can buy from? If it that other one that allows me to upgrade my thief armour then Im knackered because I sold my thief armour because I didnt need it, so cant upgrade it. Shes just stuck on the upgrade thief armour option. DO you know where I can get more thief armour to get her off this.

I'm in the same boat tiam. I sold my Thieves Guild armor since I wasn't going to use it either and now I can't do anything further with Vex as she's stuck on upgrading it and I don't have it to upgrade.

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 12 January 2012 - 06:45 PM

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#914 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 12 January 2012 - 07:23 PM

Suckers! You never sell anything that even vaguely looks unique!

Granted this was a hard lesson learned when I sold a central plotline-essential item in Morrowind then went exploring for about 150 hours before continuing the main quest and having to search another 50 hours through every merchant and town (top tip, start with towns you don't have fast travel to, fucking Pelagiad), but an extremely important one nonetheless.
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#915 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !
  • Interests:beer, party.

Posted 12 January 2012 - 07:50 PM

Everything has a respawn code that can be accessed via the console if you're on the PC version. I'd argue it's a fair sight better than running around checking every single merchant in skyrim.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#916 User is offline   Black Winged Lord 

• Sergeant

Posted 12 January 2012 - 08:02 PM

Tiam, that has got to suck!

The thieves guild special quests probably took up more of my time than anything else in the game, but well worth it in the end when a trip to all of riftens merchants can net me about 25k of sold items.

Also anyone here managed to max out their character? (semi legitly at least? Couldn't bring myself to use the Oghma Infinium cheat)
I'm sitting on Lv 74 and really starting to struggle to get new levels.

#917 User is offline   tiam 

• Ascendant

Posted 12 January 2012 - 08:18 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 12 January 2012 - 06:44 PM, said:

View Posttiam, on 12 January 2012 - 11:33 AM, said:

I'm in the same boat tiam. I sold my Thieves Guild armor since I wasn't going to use it either and now I can't do anything further with Vex as she's stuck on upgrading it and I don't have it to upgrade.

View PostIlluyankas, on 12 January 2012 - 07:23 PM, said:

Suckers! You never sell anything that even vaguely looks unique!

Granted this was a hard lesson learned when I sold a central plotline-essential item in Morrowind then went exploring for about 150 hours before continuing the main quest and having to search another 50 hours through every merchant and town (top tip, start with towns you don't have fast travel to, fucking Pelagiad), but an extremely important one nonetheless.

Ive learnt this now and am now hoarding every scrap of paper from every miscellaneous quest incase I need it.

BWL- Yeh im now struggling to sell my stuff but someone on the previous page had a good idea with trainers.

#918 User is offline   bubba 

• High Marshall
  • View gallery
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:5.3%
  • Kill all the golfers...

Posted 12 January 2012 - 08:33 PM

I have been randomly punching guards with snide comments, then reloading a previous saved game.......very rewarding.

Here is your fucking sweet roll.....

You want some mead?.....

#919 User is offline   tiam 

• Ascendant

Posted 12 January 2012 - 11:23 PM

Just been ambushed in the middle of the wastes by my first Elder Dragon. things werent going great though I had enough health potions to last me and enough poison to kill it probably.

That was until Shadowmere stormed in and distracted it like a boss, going toe to toe with it while I got strategic (cheap) shots in.

Worth its weight in gold that horse

#920 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 12 January 2012 - 11:37 PM

You know what they need more of in this game?

Embalming Tools.
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

Share this topic:

• 68 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

26 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 26 guests, 0 anonymous users