• « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Elder Scrolls Series First Person RPG Goodness

#261 User is offline   Silencer 

• Manipulating Special Data
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
    Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 24 February 2011 - 09:54 AM

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo bad, haha.

Of course, I can already feel the burnout coming on. Hopefully gameplay video will pick me back up again. I shall go and sleep until it releases. Expect either epic disappoint or SUPER FANGASM OF SUPERNESS tomorrow morning from me. :(

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#262 User is offline   Whisperzzzzzzz 

• Reaper's Fail
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 24 February 2011 - 05:59 PM

oh my god i died and came and my brain melted all at the same time. holy shittttt.

(New trailer as of 2/24)

#263 User is offline   Trull's son 

• First Sword

Posted 24 February 2011 - 06:21 PM

Just watched the trailer. Holy fuck. No more need be said.

#264 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:beer, party.

Posted 24 February 2011 - 06:57 PM

hell yea. Looks pretty sweet.

*waits for comment from Silencer about how it was probably easy because of level scaling on that dragon*
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#265 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 24 February 2011 - 07:04 PM

That looks wawsome.

Wawesome I say!!!

Get ready some 90 hours of my life, you will be wasted soon.
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#266 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 24 February 2011 - 07:08 PM

FUCK

I'm not going to notice the end of the world because I'll be stuck in Skyrim for all of 2012

DAMN IT BETHESDA
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#267 User is offline   Luzburg 

• Master Exploder

Posted 24 February 2011 - 08:31 PM

MEGA AWESOME FUCKING MEGASOME

Like beowulf :)

#268 User is offline   Silencer 

Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 24 February 2011 - 09:39 PM

I think my braiIPS DRIVER ERROR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#269 User is offline   Stalker 

• House Knight
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 24 February 2011 - 10:11 PM

hehe, you guys got my response down perfectly too. Once it went up, definitely watched it like 5 times, before doing anything else.

#270 User is offline   Whisperzzzzzzz 

• Reaper's Fail

Posted 25 February 2011 - 05:06 PM

Also, the trailer was made on the 360 and NOT the PC.

http://www.computera...ed-on-xbox-360/

(Strangely enough, I read 'after predecessor Oblivion', in the article, as 'after professor Oblivion' and was like wtf for a minute)

#271 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:beer, party.

Posted 25 February 2011 - 05:28 PM

This game has got to max out the existing systems. They can't get games looking much more "real" than this and still have it run on technology from 2005.

Bring on the PS4 I say...and the Xbox 1080 or whatever teh hell they call it next.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#272 User is offline   MTS 

• Fourth Investiture

Posted 25 February 2011 - 05:59 PM

I'd be surprised if somewhere there isn't a comic book villain named Professor Oblivion.
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem.

Si hoc adfixum in obice legere potes, et liberaliter educatus et nimis propinquus ades.

#273 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 26 February 2011 - 11:22 AM

FUCK LEVEL SCALING. DIE IN A FIRE.
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#274 User is offline   Silencer 

Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 26 February 2011 - 11:31 AM

Did I just hear someone use the Summon Silencer spell? :)

Bah, it's too late at night early in the morning for me to do a proper rant. *groans of relief from the thread*

Anyway, new level scaling is more in line with FO3's, apparently. And dungeons will fix level when you first enter them? That last part kind of concerns me, because that means if you go to all the dungeons early-game then by the time you're level 10...er, let's say 20, because apparently you level a lot faster to get more perks, the majority of places to visit are locked to low-level creatures who don't give as much experience, and the only bits unaffected are *maybe* wilderness cells, as I assume they weren't dumb enough to apply it to them too.

Meh, most of what I've heard about the game, even from the devs, comes with a "it's not finished" disclaimer. So maybe they'll play it a bit more and realise they need to make changes.

I mean, seriously, level scaling made the game too easy. And now they WANT TO MAKE DUNGEONS LOCK TO YOUR LEVEL WHEN YOU FIRST ENTERED?!?!??!?!!!

I can tell that after my vanilla run (or four) on the Xbox, I'm going to have to soup up my desktop and fill it with mods that change the game. Mostly for loot and enemy levelling, again, it seems. *sigh*

Seriously, what the hell is wrong with the system they used in Morrowind? It worked, dammit. And made the game challenging in places. Gave you incentive to level up, didn't result in you not being able to get decent weapons until higher levels, and made some things rare and valuable by their rarity. It was perfect.

Anyway, I won't complain about the new system until it's set in stone and I've played the game, I guess...

Oh, and before anyone accuses me of my first reaction other than brain meltdown being a complaint about level scaling, I already SQUEEEEE'd about the game on ModCraft. So nyah.

Shinrei said:

#275 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove
  • Group: Grumpy Old Sods
  • Interests:Quiet desperation and self-loathing

Posted 01 March 2011 - 09:08 AM

Oh man it looks good. I believe the hype.
Error: Signature not valid

#276 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 02 March 2011 - 01:03 PM

GOD DAMMIT, I HAVE FOOLISHLY SET UP THE MORROWIND SOUNDTRACK ON YOUTUBE.
Now, 2 tracks in, I know I just HAVE to reinstall and play the game again. Fuck Fuck Fuck. DAMN.
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#277 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 02 March 2011 - 02:52 PM

View PostGothos, on 02 March 2011 - 01:03 PM, said:

GOD DAMMIT, I HAVE FOOLISHLY SET UP THE MORROWIND SOUNDTRACK ON YOUTUBE.
Now, 2 tracks in, I know I just HAVE to reinstall and play the game again. Fuck Fuck Fuck. DAMN.

... or not. maybe not. I can hold out methinks.

#278 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 02 March 2011 - 04:08 PM

Never having played the game I installed Morrowind along with the Overhaul mod this weekend, but then I got sidetracked by beer and Singularity.

I played a little bit but I admit it felt a bit ugly and awkward but I will give it another try later.

#279 User is offline   Jade-Green Pig-Hog Swine-Beast 

• Knight Seneschal
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Fencing, ninpo, didjeridu, good books, good films and irn-bru.
  • Pre-dinner mayonnaise -- it's good for you!

Posted 02 March 2011 - 05:35 PM

I played Oblivion for a while, until I got into a pickle involving vampyrism, daylight and and an angry man whose house I wasn't supposed to be in.

Obviously daylight = bad and I was dying while trying to look for a house that I had the skill to break into for shelter. Finally finding one in the middle of nowhere, I enter the house moments from death -- autosave. There's an angry man inside who doesn't like me in his house so he attacks me and so I run back outside -- autosave -- and BOOM, I'm dead from the light.

I try to load the game but the only thing I can load is the point where I leave the house and drop dead.

*RAGEQUIT*

EDIT: I enjoyed the game though. I might look into getting the new one...

This post has been edited by Jade Hog: 02 March 2011 - 05:37 PM

The love I bear thee can afford no better term than this: thou art a villain.

"Perhaps we think up our own destinies and so, in a sense, deserve whatever happens to us, for not having had the wit to imagine something better." Iain Banks

#280 User is offline   Whisperzzzzzzz 

• Reaper's Fail

Posted 02 March 2011 - 06:30 PM

View PostJade Hog, on 02 March 2011 - 05:35 PM, said:

I played Oblivion for a while, until I got into a pickle involving vampyrism, daylight and and an angry man whose house I wasn't supposed to be in.

Obviously daylight = bad and I was dying while trying to look for a house that I had the skill to break into for shelter. Finally finding one in the middle of nowhere, I enter the house moments from death -- autosave. There's an angry man inside who doesn't like me in his house so he attacks me and so I run back outside -- autosave -- and BOOM, I'm dead from the light.

I try to load the game but the only thing I can load is the point where I leave the house and drop dead.

*RAGEQUIT*

EDIT: I enjoyed the game though. I might look into getting the new one...

That's why I never rely on autosave. Whenever I complete an action, I make a new save. (I don't overwrite an old save. I actually make a new save. That's probably why I have like 500 saves on my Xbox harddrive for Oblivion >.>)

Share this topic:

• 68 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

7 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users