• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Elder Scrolls Series First Person RPG Goodness

#1041 User is offline   Beezulbubba 

• ---
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Banned Users

Posted 14 February 2012 - 01:25 AM

I purchased the property in Solitude (Proudspire Manor) for 25,000 gold. However, I didn't have enough gold to pimp it out, so it is all cobwebby and dusty.... booooooo! Posted Image

#1042 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 14 February 2012 - 07:11 AM

Played it for the first time since last year yesterday. Wrapped up One With The Shadows (turns out you don't need to stick to your old thieves guild armor after all) and am now gunning for the last achievement I need - 100,000 gold.

Also, the texture pack crashes my game.
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#1043 User is offline   SylvanShade 

• Lieutenant
  • View gallery
  • Group: Tehol's Blissful Chickens

Posted 14 February 2012 - 07:44 AM

View PostGothos, on 14 February 2012 - 07:11 AM, said:

Also, the texture pack crashes my game.

If you're talking about the official high resolution pack released by Bethesda, don't even bother with it.
It barely makes a difference. I would say it's a shame, but since there are so many good fan-made texture packs already released, you can just install them and be done with it. :p
If I look back, I am lost.

#1044 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 14 February 2012 - 10:21 AM

View PostQWOPstadFrustrationHammer, on 14 February 2012 - 01:25 AM, said:

I purchased the property in Solitude (Proudspire Manor) for 25,000 gold. However, I didn't have enough gold to pimp it out, so it is all cobwebby and dusty.... booooooo! Posted Image

Oops, you can get that house, and all the upgrades for free. Just ask to buy it, then stop the conversation and put all your gold into the nearest cupboard. If u don't mind doing that sort of thing!
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#1045 User is offline   champ 

• Omnipotent Overseer of the Universe
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 15 February 2012 - 11:36 PM

Just caught Reign of Fire on Sky Movies, been a while since I seen it, check it out on Youtube for a refresher and check out the dragon animation, I reckon Bethesda certainly took some inspiration from the CG effects for their dragons in Skyrim! Any moment I was expecting Christian Bale to shout Fus Ro Dah!

Tehol said:

'Yet my heart breaks for a naked hen.'

#1046 User is offline   Beezulbubba 

• ---

Posted 18 February 2012 - 02:05 AM

Holy Menzoberranzan! I just discovered Blackreach! ..... see what I did there? Posted Image No? ahhh, nevermind. Blackreach is amazing!

#1047 User is offline   SylvanShade 

• Lieutenant
  • View gallery

Posted 18 February 2012 - 03:44 AM

I used to fantasize about living in that city. Subterranean settlements are awesome. :Oops:

Is Blackreach similar?

#1048 User is offline   MTS 

• Fourth Investiture

Posted 19 February 2012 - 03:33 AM

My gf's brother recently bought Skyrim for his 360 and now she's gotten hooked. Happy days. :p
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem.

Si hoc adfixum in obice legere potes, et liberaliter educatus et nimis propinquus ades.

#1049 User is offline   Beezulbubba 

• ---

Posted 19 February 2012 - 03:46 AM

View PostSylvanShade, on 18 February 2012 - 03:44 AM, said:

I used to fantasize about living in that city. Subterranean settlements are awesome. :p

Is Blackreach similar?

Yes sir. Blackreach is a sprawling subterranean place to investigate. Posted Image

#1050 User is offline   SylvanShade 

• Lieutenant
  • View gallery

Posted 19 February 2012 - 04:10 AM

I just looked at it through youtube, it looks amazing! :p
Im definitely making a house mod for that place.

#1051 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 20 February 2012 - 10:48 AM

AARRGH. I spent most of yesterday on playing around with the Creation Kit, built myself something that looked perhaps most like a court complex (lots of small but refined symmetrical hallways surrounding open courts) dominated by two MASSIVE longhalls and a single church-like Great Hall in the Whiterun Palace style (the wooden components, as in the King's Main hall)... and it was looking so good that I gave serious thought of importing it into Skyrim as a plug-in to use as a free Home.

Imagine my dismay when I reloaded the cell yesterday night to have one last look at it. Half of it was gone, including the Great Hall and several of my hallways and a big part of the roofstructure of both longhalls. 5-7 hours of work gone.

On the bright side, once you've played around a bit with it, it is fairly easy to use, at the least for building stuff. Except for the Solitude Kit, which is a pain in the ass due to the various components involved: too much centers on oddly shaped inner walls, pillars and domes that need perfect placement in order to look good (and avoid glitches).

And Stairs are a pain, too, mostly because the auto-grid snaps stairs to positions that are slightly off compared to the regular ground level, and they come with no side panels installed... and few things look good next to it. I would have to check the way it is handled in game for solutions to my obvious dislike of how I've used them so far.
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#1052 User is offline   SylvanShade 

• Lieutenant
  • View gallery

Posted 20 February 2012 - 10:57 AM

I had a similar issue in Oblivion. I expanded the Arcane University, added 24 new students and a bunch of new teachers, wrote new scripts, edited existing ones, rearranged the classes, new halls expanded the library etc. One day I went to work on it, and the esp was gone. -.- No idea what the hell happened to it.

Good to hear about the update in accessibility for the new Kit. :p

#1053 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 20 February 2012 - 11:13 AM

What this game needs is a mod to allow some sort of respec. And replenishing (Every, I don't know, one month game-time?) ore deposits.
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#1054 User is offline   SylvanShade 

• Lieutenant
  • View gallery

Posted 20 February 2012 - 11:46 AM

What would have worked would be an infinite supply of ore from a vein, and a certain carrying capacity specific to ore for players.

#1055 User is offline   Silencer 

• Manipulating Special Data
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
    Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 20 February 2012 - 11:47 AM

Do not complain about losing parts of your mod until you've lost several hours of massive changes as part of a major mod project while everyone expects you to have your work done the next day...because you tried to save. :p Or equivalent experience. :p

Modding is really a pain the ass like that. It's almost inevitable that you'll lose hours of work at some point or other. Usually just when you're getting things right, or finally figured out how to fix a problem. :S

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#1056 User is offline   SylvanShade 

• Lieutenant
  • View gallery

Posted 20 February 2012 - 11:59 AM

Teamwork would be stressful. :p Too many expectations.

#1057 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 20 February 2012 - 12:05 PM

You guys piqued my interest, by the way. How sophisticated is the creation kit? How approachable for someone with no prior design experience (except about one level for UT)?

#1058 User is offline   SylvanShade 

• Lieutenant
  • View gallery

Posted 20 February 2012 - 12:15 PM

If Oblivion's kit is any indication of the Skyrim kit, then it's pretty fair.

There are official wiki guides and tutorials to learn the ins and outs if you are interested. :p

#1059 User is offline   bubba 

• High Marshall
  • View gallery
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:5.3%
  • Kill all the golfers...

Posted 20 February 2012 - 07:26 PM

View PostGothos, on 20 February 2012 - 11:13 AM, said:

What this game needs is a mod to allow some sort of respec. And replenishing (Every, I don't know, one month game-time?) ore deposits.

They already do that....

#1060 User is offline   Sinisdar Toste 

• Dead Serious
  • View gallery

Posted 20 February 2012 - 08:29 PM

size spoilered image:

Spoiler

This post has been edited by Sinisdar Toste: 20 February 2012 - 08:30 PM

There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

- Oscar Levant

Share this topic:

• 68 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

48 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 48 guests, 0 anonymous users