Malazan Empire: March Madness '10 Bracket Challenge - Malazan Empire

• 19 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

March Madness '10 Bracket Challenge New comp starts on page 8 (40 view)

#81 User is offline   teholbeddict 

• Drinking Queen of the Abyssmal Army!!!
  • View gallery
  • Group: The Abyssmal Army

Posted 16 March 2009 - 12:01 AM

Thank you Bubba! I'm still looking through but you need to adjust your final score thing. This is college ball not NBA! The last time I remeber a final going over a hundred points was in the 90's when NC had Vince Carter and Antwone Jamison! Lower it about 20 points each team and you should be good!

Okay finished looking...you've done quite well actually Bubbalicious, although I think a few of your picks are off in the south . I must say I'm quite impressed!

This post has been edited by teholbeddict: 16 March 2009 - 12:05 AM

Procrastination is like masturbation, you're only F ing yourself...
-Bubbalicious -

Human progress is neither automatic nor inevitable… Every step toward the goal of justice requires sacrifice, suffering, and struggle; the tireless exertions and passionate concern of dedicated individuals.
- Martin Luther King, Jr-

The only thing one can learn from one's past mistakes is how to repeat them exactly.
-Stone Monkey-

Muffins are just ugly cupcakes!
-Zanth13-

#82 User is offline   bubba 

• High Marshall
  • View gallery
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:5.3%
  • Kill all the golfers...

Posted 16 March 2009 - 12:09 AM

:p

#83 User is offline   teholbeddict 

• View gallery

Posted 16 March 2009 - 12:12 AM

Okay that's a bit better! :p You may want to consider dropping that 102 to 92. You don't have to, but it might be worth doing....
-Bubbalicious -

Human progress is neither automatic nor inevitable… Every step toward the goal of justice requires sacrifice, suffering, and struggle; the tireless exertions and passionate concern of dedicated individuals.

The only thing one can learn from one's past mistakes is how to repeat them exactly.
-Stone Monkey-

-Zanth13-

#84 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 16 March 2009 - 12:20 AM

Alright, just got back from chinese with the gf's rents.

Time to pick the winners.
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#85 User is offline   teholbeddict 

• View gallery

Posted 16 March 2009 - 12:50 AM

Let us know who you picked for final four and who you picked to go all the way once you're finished!
-Bubbalicious -

-Stone Monkey-

-Zanth13-

#86 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 16 March 2009 - 12:53 AM

Alright, just finished. I'll probably go back and change some things since my girlfriend felt the need to help me with this one and i, of course, let her. I've got Oklahoma, Duke, Missouri, Louisville in the final four. and OU edging UL in the finals 75-72

Like HD says, this depends on a few players health, esp. UNC.

And as for OU winning, i cant help it, i love Blake Griffin.

#87 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Interests:Football

Posted 16 March 2009 - 12:57 AM

He is a match-up nightmare. A 1, 2 Two's and a 3. Ballsy picks.

This post has been edited by HoosierDaddy: 16 March 2009 - 12:58 AM

Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#88 User is offline   teholbeddict 

• View gallery

Posted 16 March 2009 - 01:02 AM

Well picking Duke for the final four is insane! I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt here and assume that was your gf's pick! :p

Really though you do have some ballsy picks! This is shaping up to be quite interesting!
-Bubbalicious -

-Stone Monkey-

-Zanth13-

#89 User is offline   Slum 

• House Knight

Posted 16 March 2009 - 04:52 AM

Did you actually pick BU over Duke, Tehol? Bless your heart.

I can't pick teams now, I'm too drunk. Dammit. I was also planning to pick Pitt as champs, might have to revise that now.

#90 User is offline   Slum 

• House Knight

Posted 16 March 2009 - 05:04 AM

Awwww poop! I can't sign in cuz I don't know what crazy info I gave ESPN the other night....

I will try to persevere.

#91 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer

Posted 16 March 2009 - 05:07 AM

View PostSlumgullion Spitteler, on Mar 16 2009, 01:04 AM, said:

Awwww poop! I can't sign in cuz I don't know what crazy info I gave ESPN the other night....

I will try to persevere.

You want me to email the group? Maybe stuff will pop up? What do you need your username and password?
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#92 User is offline   Slum 

• House Knight

Posted 16 March 2009 - 05:11 AM

Is there a way I can get my info emailed to me? That would be ideal.

Goes to show you shouldn't sign up for stuff when you're drinking....

I'm sure I can figure it out given time and motive to do so. There's only a few variations I use for public sign-ups.....

#93 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer

Posted 16 March 2009 - 05:20 AM

If this doesn't work, just use your "password" retrieval from the sign-in directory.

#94 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 16 March 2009 - 01:58 PM

I knew i shouldnt have done this last night. Now I CAN'T make myself change picks. Even though i know theres things i want to change. I just keep thinking, this could happen, and what if i'd changed it, then i'd be pissed. So as much as i want to change things i'm just leavin it.
"Sheet...of Integrity!"

#95 User is offline   teholbeddict 

• View gallery

Posted 16 March 2009 - 03:05 PM

I've decided I'm just leaving mine the way it is. I don't want to over annalyze the whole thing because then it's just going to get silly. I know it's not likely that four no 1 seeds will make it into the final four, but it happened last year and not a hell of a lot has changed since then. I'll keep my fingers crossed that lightning can strike twice and hope for the best. It should make for some good trash talk and lots of fun either way. So who hasn't made their picks yet? I'll have to get on top of frookie about it and make sure he follows through with this.
-Bubbalicious -

-Stone Monkey-

-Zanth13-

#96 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 16 March 2009 - 03:21 PM

yeah, why not, just leave it. I'm not screwing with mine, i dont think it'll help anyway. I didnt watch enough games this year for it to matter anyway.

Its a moo point (you know, a cows opinion...it doesnt matter) anyway since someone like Frook who's never watched bball in their life will probably win. :p

#97 User is offline   teholbeddict 

• View gallery

Posted 16 March 2009 - 03:27 PM

I honestly think that's what is going to happen. It's going to be someone who never watches it and knows very little that is going to end up winning this thing. I think you, Hooiser and I have too much bias going into this to really make completely objective picks. As long as we have fun with it though who cares. I think it should be interesting to see who frookie picks as he has no idea what any of this is. Hopefully he makes his selections without reading any of the comments we've been making.

Did you see any of the new March Madness commercials yet SB? The Chris Paul commercial and the Carmelo Anthony commercial put out by team Jordan were both pretty funny! I think I might post links to the best commercials in here as they pop up.
-Bubbalicious -

-Stone Monkey-

-Zanth13-

#98 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 16 March 2009 - 03:31 PM

No, i havent watched tv the last few days, been catchin up with the ole lady. I'll probably catch them tonight as i read and chat on here with ESPNews on in the background. If you wanted to post them that'd be awesome though. :p

#99 User is offline   frookenhauer 

• Mortal Sword
  • Interests:Women
    Money
    AI
    Writing

Posted 16 March 2009 - 06:20 PM

Well I did a bit of research before I made my choice...So yous all better watch out. Unfortunately that resarch had nothing to do with lacrosse so I picked whoever I liked...xavier was going to be my choice but I chickened out towards the end and I picked, ucla or something to win overall.

When I finally accidentally figured out how to pick the teams it was fun...oh and I will win.

Didn't realize lacrosse was so popular

Later peeps
souls are for wimps

#100 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 16 March 2009 - 06:34 PM

View PostFrookenhauer, on Mar 16 2009, 01:20 PM, said:

Didn't realize lacrosse was so popular

Later peeps

Well it was invented by the Native Americans!

Share this topic:

• 19 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users