Malazan Empire: The Call of Duty Series - Malazan Empire

• 33 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Call of Duty Series Bang bang bang BOOOOM! bang bang RATATATA!!!, etc.

#541 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 30 October 2012 - 06:09 AM

I'm going to buy Call of Duty again this year. Even though I found MW3 disappointing. I can't help my self. I liked the Single player but I thought the multiplayer maps were really disappointing. Most were too big for your normal close quarters combat run and gun, too small for proper sniping which was what I really enjoyed about Modern Warfare 2.

I guess I'm still chasing that experience I had 3 years ago.

#542 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 30 October 2012 - 01:29 PM

I'm not buying it right away like I have the others.
Between the maps, retarded perks and connection issues I'm not forking over 60 bucks until I hear whether they've improved the game, dramatically, over the stinkfest that was MW3. Function>Features.
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#543 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 31 October 2012 - 03:37 PM

I'm waiting for a few months.
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#544 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 31 October 2012 - 04:44 PM

I would wait but I feel that if you don't get in on that first week or two of multiplayer you lose out. It's when all the newbs are still around and you can get some good kill streaks going. And everybody is still figuring out the layout of the maps so you don't feel like the others have an unfair advantage.

#545 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 01 November 2012 - 12:30 AM

View PostAptorius, on 31 October 2012 - 04:44 PM, said:

I would wait but I feel that if you don't get in on that first week or two of multiplayer you lose out. It's when all the newbs are still around and you can get some good kill streaks going. And everybody is still figuring out the layout of the maps so you don't feel like the others have an unfair advantage.

Coming in late sucks, but most people are terrible enough that they do nothing but camp until they figure out the maps.

I'll probably get it on release day, but won't be playing it seriously till the weekend afterwords.
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#546 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 01 November 2012 - 08:30 AM

So, Blops2 Matchmaking: http://www.ign.com/a...aking-explained

The multiplayer matchmaking system in Call of Duty: Black Ops II will work using latency and ping, Treyarch has confirmed.

In a series of tweets, game design director David Vondehaar explained that the upcoming entry in the Call of Duty series wouldn't rely on region-based matchmaking, as was the case in previous games.

The Pick 10 system looks interesting. (All attachements, perks, and wildcards cost 1 point, so you can go into a match with 10 of whatever you want. You could have 4 attachements on a gun and only 2 perks, for instance.)

They are also doing multi-team battles. 4 of 3 or 3 of 4 instead of just 2 teams.

It sounds like in objective based games you don't get streaks for kills, but rather for doing stuff to help your team like grabbing the flag or killing the flag carrier or returning the flag, so you can't just camp and nuke.

Also I like the riot shield can now be planted on the ground and used like cover.

Edit -> I cant stand BobbyA, but this is a lot of multiplayer stuff. It looks really good, but maybe I'm starting to buy into the hype -> http://www.ign.com/v...ayer-commentary

This post has been edited by Obdigore: 01 November 2012 - 08:37 AM

Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#547 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 01 November 2012 - 08:55 AM

View PostObdigore, on 01 November 2012 - 08:30 AM, said:

So, Blops2 Matchmaking: http://www.ign.com/a...aking-explained

The multiplayer matchmaking system in Call of Duty: Black Ops II will work using latency and ping, Treyarch has confirmed.

In a series of tweets, game design director David Vondehaar explained that the upcoming entry in the Call of Duty series wouldn't rely on region-based matchmaking, as was the case in previous games.

The Pick 10 system looks interesting. (All attachements, perks, and wildcards cost 1 point, so you can go into a match with 10 of whatever you want. You could have 4 attachements on a gun and only 2 perks, for instance.)

They are also doing multi-team battles. 4 of 3 or 3 of 4 instead of just 2 teams.

It sounds like in objective based games you don't get streaks for kills, but rather for doing stuff to help your team like grabbing the flag or killing the flag carrier or returning the flag, so you can't just camp and nuke.

Also I like the riot shield can now be planted on the ground and used like cover.

Edit -> I cant stand BobbyA, but this is a lot of multiplayer stuff. It looks really good, but maybe I'm starting to buy into the hype -> http://www.ign.com/v...ayer-commentary

The Riot Shield action is like what you can do on Gears of War 3. Some of the things you've mentioned seem quite good to be honest. It intrigues me.
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#548 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:03 AM

I only played the campaign after Gears 1's horrible lagfest of bullshit.

I don't remember move-able shields in the campaign, but oh well. I hope they do something to make the riot shield more damaging or something. I really want it to be a 'real' weapon.

Edit -> watching the long multiplayer trailer, there were numerous times he was getting assist points for people killed by his teammates when he had a UAV up. That is awesome.

This post has been edited by Obdigore: 01 November 2012 - 09:06 AM

#549 User is offline   Silencer 

• Manipulating Special Data
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
    Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 01 November 2012 - 10:43 AM

View PostObdigore, on 01 November 2012 - 09:03 AM, said:

I only played the campaign after Gears 1's horrible lagfest of bullshit.

I don't remember move-able shields in the campaign, but oh well. I hope they do something to make the riot shield more damaging or something. I really want it to be a 'real' weapon.

Edit -> watching the long multiplayer trailer, there were numerous times he was getting assist points for people killed by his teammates when he had a UAV up. That is awesome.

1. Riot SHIELD. All its good for is blocking damage and shield-bashing, for obvious reasons? :p
2. Oh, look, they borrowed stuff from Battlefield 3/Medal of Honour! Good on them! (If EA were Apple, though, they'd be getting sued...>.>)

No real interest in BlOps2, honestly. Yet another iteration of the run'n'gun/arcade shooting model is great, but I think I still need more of a break from that particular brand of it (given I haven't played a CoD game since MW2, I think...) before I even look at jumping back in. :p

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#550 User is offline   Silencer 

• Manipulating Special Data
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
    Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:01 AM

I take back everything I just said. This actually makes me want to play the game. :p"

37 Awesome Facts about BOII

Ugh. The thing is, I think this is one of those aimless "want to spend money" bad reasons for wanting something. I need to be saving money, but between the past, what, four games in a month, plus Halo 4 tomorrow, I really shouldn't buy this (considering I already got MoH: Warfighter, which is similar in basic terms, if not implementation), but just some of the stuff I saw in that vid made me want to PLAY. UGH.

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#551 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 04 November 2012 - 04:00 PM

Features features and more features.
All looks awesome, but I'm still waiting to see the function before paying for it.
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#552 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:09 AM

3It's live! I thought it wouldn't be open before this evening but the multiplayer is live. Now I know what I am going to spend my whole day doing (dying in stupid ways while I try to figure out where I am and what I am doing)

#553 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:49 PM

Okay. Having played some 5 hours today I have some observations.

I like this new 10 point system for customization. It's a great solution. The level of design you can make to your output is very satisfying.

I hate that what ever the hell it is they've done to the challenge system. Part of what attracted me to the earlier games was keeping track of all the little statistics like how far you've run, how much damage you've taken, how many time you blew somebody up with a sticky grenade, etc. Now instead of just being located in an easily navigated list, all that information is hidden behind layers of menus and submenus that are anything but logical or intuitive.

Still no good sniping maps. This is probably my main problem with the multiplayer. MW2 had two really good big open maps for long range sniping. That was lacking last year and this year as well. Makes me want to install Battlefield 3 instead but that game hides the good weapons behind 30 hours of unlocking progress.

They've removed the satisfying thud the bullets make when they hit a body. I loved that sound. Was it missing in Black Ops 1?

The SMGs are now extremely good. Like, almost as powerful as an Assault Riffle and much better handling. Normally I always used an assault riffle as a default, now I turn to the SMGs.

This post has been edited by Aptorius: 13 November 2012 - 07:50 PM

#554 User is offline   Jakovasaurus 

• Emperor

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:12 AM

The multi-player match algorithm needs a lot of work. I picked the game up after work, put it in, went right to multi-player and selected "Demolition". When the game started I was (obviously) lvl 1 and the next lowest level in the match was lvl 12 (the highest was lvl 28... WTF! ranked that high already!). Anyway, all the teenage boys started chirping up on the mic, saying "look at the lvl 1 n00b". Must be nice to have your parents either (1) pre-order the game or (2) pick it up at the midnight promotion @ Best Buy and then be allowed to play from 12:01am (skipping school the next day) so you can rank up to lvl 28 before most productive human beings even get to put it into the tray and launch it for the first time. GET A FUCKING JOB!

Pro Tip: If you are playing on a console (and most of you FPS aficionados know this), go to options and set your stick sensitivity to the highest level (beyond insane in BLOPS II's case). You will stumble big time getting used to the sensitivity (and get pwn'd a lot) until your eye / hand / fast twitch muscle fibers get used to it. At which point you will start racking up the kills.

#555 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:59 AM

View PostAptorius, on 13 November 2012 - 07:49 PM, said:

Okay. Having played some 5 hours today I have some observations.

I like this new 10 point system for customization. It's a great solution. The level of design you can make to your output is very satisfying.
Agree.

I hate that what ever the hell it is they've done to the challenge system. Part of what attracted me to the earlier games was keeping track of all the little statistics like how far you've run, how much damage you've taken, how many time you blew somebody up with a sticky grenade, etc. Now instead of just being located in an easily navigated list, all that information is hidden behind layers of menus and submenus that are anything but logical or intuitive.
I dunno. It isn't that buried, and the menus seem pretty intuitive to me.

Still no good sniping maps. This is probably my main problem with the multiplayer. MW2 had two really good big open maps for long range sniping. That was lacking last year and this year as well. Makes me want to install Battlefield 3 instead but that game hides the good weapons behind 30 hours of unlocking progress.
Every single map has good sniping spots, and good chokepoints and narrow short hallways. The only map I would be really hesitant to bring a sniper to is Hijack, but I've seen people be successful with it there.

They've removed the satisfying thud the bullets make when they hit a body. I loved that sound. Was it missing in Black Ops 1?
Yes. They added a ton of groans and moans when you die to, it is rather annoying

The SMGs are now extremely good. Like, almost as powerful as an Assault Riffle and much better handling. Normally I always used an assault riffle as a default, now I turn to the SMGs.

AR Damage drops off at range very fast, compared to previous installments. SMG damage seems to not. When a SMG with Suppressor kills as fast as a MTAR with stock and FMJ at range, there is something very wrong.

I love a bunch of the new equipment, I just wish the black hat tool had more than one use.

#556 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:02 AM

View PostJakovasaurus, on 14 November 2012 - 12:12 AM, said:

The multi-player match algorithm needs a lot of work.
It connects you to the best connection based on your latency to the host.

I picked the game up after work, put it in, went right to multi-player and selected "Demolition". When the game started I was (obviously) lvl 1 and the next lowest level in the match was lvl 12 (the highest was lvl 28... WTF! ranked that high already!).
Just 28? I'm 36 and only played for about 8 hours before I went to bed.

Anyway, all the teenage boys started chirping up on the mic, saying "look at the lvl 1 n00b". Must be nice to have your parents either (1) pre-order the game or (2) pick it up at the midnight promotion @ Best Buy and then be allowed to play from 12:01am (skipping school the next day) so you can rank up to lvl 28 before most productive human beings even get to put it into the tray and launch it for the first time. GET A FUCKING JOB!
I have a job. I have such a good job I can take days off for things I want to.

Pro Tip: If you are playing on a console (and most of you FPS aficionados know this), go to options and set your stick sensitivity to the highest level (beyond insane in BLOPS II's case). You will stumble big time getting used to the sensitivity (and get pwn'd a lot) until your eye / hand / fast twitch muscle fibers get used to it. At which point you will start racking up the kills.

No. 14 is bad and wrong. 7 and 8 is the sweet spot. Did you know that everyone is different? Did you know a ton of the 'best' players (winners of MLG and whatnot) play on medium to low sensitivity settings?

#557 User is offline   Jakovasaurus 

• Emperor

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:59 PM

No. 14 is the shizz grandpa. It aint for the feeble, old and sick, that's for sure.If ya gonna get in the action (and not camp and snipe... zzzzz, boring) then it's what all the cool kids do.

DAYUUUUM! Multiplayer - Hardpoint is Headquarters on meth!

#558 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 15 November 2012 - 02:21 PM

hahaha - he called Obdi Grandpa!

EDIT: what a n00b

This post has been edited by HiddenOne: 15 November 2012 - 02:21 PM

HiddenOne. You son of a bitch. You slimy, skulking, low-posting scumbag. You knew it would come to this. Roundabout, maybe. Tortuous, certainly. But here we are, you and me again. I started the train on you so many many hours ago, and now I'm going to finish it. Die HO. Die. This is for last time, and this is for this game too. This is for all the people who died to your backstabbing, treacherous, "I sure don't know what's going on around here" filthy lying, deceitful ways. You son of a bitch. Whatever happens, this is justice. For me, this is justice. Vote HiddenOne Finally, I am at peace.

#559 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:20 AM

View PostJakovasaurus, on 14 November 2012 - 10:59 PM, said:

No. 14 is the shizz grandpa. It aint for the feeble, old and sick, that's for sure.If ya gonna get in the action (and not camp and snipe... zzzzz, boring) then it's what all the cool kids do.

DAYUUUUM! Multiplayer - Hardpoint is Headquarters on meth!

Hardpoint is ok. I'm really liking the multi-team (3 v 3 v 3) battles. They work really well. Of course we absolutely dominated everyone and their mother in them, but I enjoyed it quite a bit. It really sucks getting caught between the two other teams, but Hardpoint as you said is really awesome.

And I'm really bad at all the COD games, so clearly I don't know what I'm talking about.

Score streaks I'm currently running UAV, H-K Drone, and Care Package.

For my SMG class I run the SMG with a laser, no secondary, a bouncing betty, and 5 perks.

Edit -> Anyway, I was playing with some guys this morning and one of the guys had a War Machine (the grenade launcher score streak) and for the last kill he was aiming and firing at a guy across the map and that other guys teammate turned the corner in front of my friend and bounced the grenade right off his jaw. It was an amazing final kill cam.

The MGMC? MSMC? SMG is absolutely amazing.

This post has been edited by Obdigore: 16 November 2012 - 05:31 AM

#560 User is offline   Jakovasaurus 

• Emperor

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:59 AM

Once again (as with all the COD games), the sniper rifle needs to be nerf'd. More times then I can count I have been killed when the opponent's reticle is not on my person. What the hell! Why not create lager maps that make snipering a viable option? Instead, the sniper guns are allowed to run around a map and pick off opponents without being accurate. THIS IS BULLSHIT! FIX IT INFINITY WARD/TREYARCH!

Share this topic:

• 33 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

12 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 12 guests, 0 anonymous users