Malazan Empire: The Call of Duty Series - Malazan Empire

• 33 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Call of Duty Series Bang bang bang BOOOOM! bang bang RATATATA!!!, etc.

#561 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 18 November 2012 - 07:54 AM

View PostJakovasaurus, on 18 November 2012 - 02:59 AM, said:

Once again (as with all the COD games), the sniper rifle needs to be nerf'd. More times then I can count I have been killed when the opponent's reticle is not on my person. What the hell! Why not create lager maps that make snipering a viable option? Instead, the sniper guns are allowed to run around a map and pick off opponents without being accurate. THIS IS BULLSHIT! FIX IT INFINITY WARD/TREYARCH!

If you're referring to the killcam, you do realise that there is lag between the camera and the server, right? Doesn't matter if it's a sniper riffle or a AR or SMG, etc. you always see the bullets sort of impact after the target has moved past the reticule.

Also if you want to address Tryarch (Infinity Ward don't want anything to do with Treyarch's game) you probably want to send them an e-mail. I don't think they read this thread.

Anyway, I've been playing the Single Player Campaign this weekend. It's pretty damn good. I was sorry when I heard that the game was set in the future because I expected that we wouldn't get any more of the first games cold war revisionism but there's still plenty of that stuff in the game. And the missions are still every bit as over the top and gun-ho as ever. Only stuff I don't like is the Strike force missions. I can't figure out the controls of the units and when left to their own devices they get stuff in terrain or just stand around doing fuck all.

This post has been edited by Aptorius: 18 November 2012 - 07:59 AM

#562 User is offline   Jakovasaurus 

• Emperor
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:24 AM

^^^ That's all fine and well and makes sense, but I'm not referring to the killcam. I'm talking about being behind a concrete barrier and then hearing sniper fire go off and then dying. And yeah, I'm aware of the dynamics of hearing the report of the rifle after the bullet strikes you due to the speed the bullet travels. I'm also aware that based on the load out of your guns your bullets can penetrate material (I was unaware bullets could penetrate concrete though). Anyway, that is one example, there are others that are just as egregious. I'm not the only one who has complained about the sniper rifles in the COD games. Finally, I have it on good authority that Treyarch employees read this thread. Posted Image

#563 User is offline   Jakovasaurus 

• Emperor

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:50 AM

Is there a more satisfying experience then using Black Hat (Tactical) to hack the opponents' Bouncing Bettys and getting a kill that way? I submit to you that there is not. I've also used Black Hat to take out a couple of A.G.Rs. They are very difficult to take out with firepower.

#564 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:05 AM

View PostJakovasaurus, on 16 January 2013 - 12:50 AM, said:

Is there a more satisfying experience then using Black Hat (Tactical) to hack the opponents' Bouncing Bettys and getting a kill that way? I submit to you that there is not. I've also used Black Hat to take out a couple of A.G.Rs. They are very difficult to take out with firepower.

Double EMP grenades kill AGRs instantly. And unless you are camping and sniping, there is literally no reason to not run Engineer and EMPs. They get you a ton of points and make it easy to push into spawns and camp sites.

I am currently a Prestige Master with over 2.3 KDR for TDM and over 2 for all game modes, with Diamond snipers and shotguns, and working on ARs and SMGs. I really think Blops2 is the best COD game since 4 (MW1).

As much as I think the target finder is for nooblets, I enjoy the MMS for dealing with campers, especially if you have a team that can work together. The Ballista is an amazing sniper rifle, and the KAP-40 is OP for a secondary.
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#565 User is offline   Jakovasaurus 

• Emperor

Posted 12 April 2013 - 06:57 PM

Holy nuclear family! I accepted the latest update (X-Box 360), then went to mulit-player and found the Nuketown 2025 map available. What a frenetic little map - just like the original Nuketown from Blops 1.

Also, the next DLC pack drops next Tuesday (April 16). Anybody gonna have a play with this? The map with the lava looks bitchin. The maps with the last DLC were fine, but not outstanding. I liked Downhill and Grind, but the other two were kind of meh. The maps with this DLC look like a little more thought was put into their design, we'll see though, playing them will tell the tale.

You can't beat Blops for mindless, stupid, run around and kill game play while a 14 year old yells through his mic, calling you and your mom all sorts of misogynistic and homophobic names --- good times! Oh yeah, also this weekend is double xp in advance of the DLC drop on Tuesday. I'll find you in the cross hairs before you find me.. mwuuuuhahahahaha!

#566 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 13 April 2013 - 11:12 AM

Double XP is for people who aren't P10 already. Pansies.
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#567 User is offline   Stalker 

• House Knight

Posted 13 April 2013 - 02:46 PM

All it means is the good P10 players need to get on and shut out everyone else. I'm a hardcore S+D god, so I played a little last night and it was very common for 3-4 players on the other team to have no kills. Enjoy doubling that 0!

#568 User is offline   Jakovasaurus 

• Emperor

Posted 27 August 2013 - 11:53 PM

Just downloaded the Apocalypse DLC for BLOPS 2 (and the last major DLC for BLOPS 2 according to what I've read). Anyway, I've just started getting my feet wet with it and wanted to take a break and say the multi-player map called "Dig" is fucking insane. It, alone, makes the DLC worth it!

#569 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 07 November 2013 - 06:46 PM

Urgh.

For some reason I just bought and began downloading COD Ghost. I don't even know why. By all accounts it seems to be the worst game they've made yet. Every (trust worthy) review I've seen of the game is lackluster. I told myself last year that I was over the series. I didn't like the maps any more.

Hell I just bought Battlefield 4 four days ago and I am having fun with it.

And yet here I am. Bought the game again. I actually do know why I do it I think. I am still chasing the experience I had with Modern Warfare 2. It's like that girl you fell in love with who turned into a total bitch but every once in a while you still remember the good times, thinking maybe you could rekindle that old flame.

Well, here goes nothing. 1 hour's worth of download time.

#570 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:19 PM

Played a couple of hours.

I'm actually not disappointed. The run speed seems a little faster than last year. The hit impact sound is back. The new token system for unlocks is excellent and, most importantly, I don't hate the maps. I think Octane is probably going to be my new sniper default map. There's some vantage points that are absolutely fantastic for camping.

#571 User is offline   Stalker 

• House Knight

Posted 07 November 2013 - 11:02 PM

What do you think of it compared to the MW2 feeling you were chasing? I'm curious since that was my favorite too (along with COD4 and BO2). My copy should be coming soon for 360, so I'll get to see myself. Almost went PC, but I'm glad I didn't as the port seems horrible.

#572 User is offline   Jakovasaurus 

• Emperor

Posted 08 November 2013 - 12:33 AM

The reviews I have seen have been tepid, but I still want to try the game out. Seems like the COD franchise has become the Madden Football of the FPS genre. The core fans will always be there and the title will be successful enough so that each iteration will settle for subtle progression and not try to do something risky.

I've read that the multiplier maps in Ghost have more vertical nuances compared to past games. Also, I've read the hyped dog companion is a disappointment and falls short of what the demos suggested during E3..... bummer.

#573 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 08 November 2013 - 05:45 AM

View PostStalker, on 07 November 2013 - 11:02 PM, said:

What do you think of it compared to the MW2 feeling you were chasing? I'm curious since that was my favorite too (along with COD4 and BO2). My copy should be coming soon for 360, so I'll get to see myself. Almost went PC, but I'm glad I didn't as the port seems horrible.

I don't think I'll ever recapture that feeling again (at least with this formula of multiplayer). When I played MW2 it was probably less than a year after I stumbled unto COD4 and until that time I hadn't been doing online multiplayer since the 90s. Part of the exhilaration was discovering a whole new type of videogame.

But I also think their fundamental approach to the maps have changed a lot. The older CODS maps were somewhat more straight forward. Sort of square design with some clear pathways and bottlenecks. The newer COD maps are like Swizz cheese, there openings and roads and walkways every where high and low. Everything is fucked up so it's hard to navigate the surroundings. Still though, I liked what I played yesterday. It will take a lot of hours to come to a final conclusion about the fun I'll have.

I still miss the ability to have more than 12-18 players on a map. I really don't understand why they don't have a mode called insanity where you can have 30 or even 40 players on one map.

#574 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 08 November 2013 - 03:34 PM

View PostStalker, on 07 November 2013 - 11:02 PM, said:

Its close to MW2. It isn't MW2, but it's close.

My main complaint is that a lot of the maps are big enough that you could cut them in half and have two maps bigger than 'normal' COD maps. They are huge, and 6v6 on a lot of them ends up timing out because it gets very difficult to find people.

#575 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 08 November 2013 - 04:10 PM

What do you think of those... strike ops? Command ops? ... uh glowing suit case missions you pick up at random, Obdigore? I think they are are great addition to the gameplay, I have only managed to actually fulfill one objective so far but the added challenge makes it fun. At one point I had to kill somebody while jumping so I leapt off a cliff trying to blast two people beneath me and got air tackled by a dog. I wasn't even mad. That shit was impressive.

#576 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 08 November 2013 - 04:19 PM

I am going to give this a lot of time this weekend. early to bed tonight so that I can get up really early and spend my whole day gaming :unworthy:
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#577 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 08 November 2013 - 04:45 PM

Yeah, they've got that whole "XP-double boost" thing going all weekend per tradition. I think I might have a very long Sunday of COD matches.

#578 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 08 November 2013 - 09:11 PM

Just played the Sovereign and Stonehaven maps for the first time. Sweet baby jesus they are awesome.

Stonehaven is a bunch of ruins surrounding an old castle. Tons of open scenery with lots of rubble a small houses littering the grounds. It's a map made for snipers. It's exactly the kind of map I have been asking for since MW2.

Soverign is just plane crazy. It's some kind of space ship or satellite factory with all kinds of weird shit going on all around, steam gets pushed into the corridors making it impossible to see anything. I love that mape, it kind of reminds me of the old broadcasting building or the skyrise in MW2.

#579 User is offline   Jakovasaurus 

• Emperor

Posted 08 November 2013 - 10:34 PM

View PostCrustaceous Apt, on 08 November 2013 - 09:11 PM, said:

Just played the Sovereign and Stonehaven maps for the first time. Sweet baby jesus they are awesome.

Stonehaven is a bunch of ruins surrounding an old castle. Tons of open scenery with lots of rubble a small houses littering the grounds. It's a map made for snipers. It's exactly the kind of map I have been asking for since MW2.

Soverign is just plane crazy. It's some kind of space ship or satellite factory with all kinds of weird shit going on all around, steam gets pushed into the corridors making it impossible to see anything. I love that mape, it kind of reminds me of the old broadcasting building or the skyrise in MW2.

Overlord my pasty and chubby friend...... over FUCKING L-O-R-D. huge... huge HUGE MAP! Perfect if your thing is sniping.
#######
Ok, without out of the way. So, I rented this game from Redbox after work because I had to try it out. I delved right into the multiplayer. I'm disappointed they removed Demolition and that there's not equivalent for Hard Point. And overall I haven't been impressed. My favorite game style about 2 hours in is Cranked. So far I've "meh'd" more then I've gone "that was fucking awesome"!

#580 User is offline   Eddie Dean 

• Sitting in a truckstop, with my cowboy boots and my guitar
  • Interests:Books, Video Games, Movies, Being Lazy
  • Go Cards!

Posted 08 November 2013 - 10:43 PM

I checked the other day and according to my xbox I haven't played a call of duty game in over 400 days. Can't say that I miss it either. I still say the best thing they could have done was just make a huge MW2 update with tons of maps/ fixing the crap and that would be the best selling DLC ever.
Uva Uvam Vivendo Varia Fit

Share this topic:

• 33 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users