Malazan Empire: The Call of Duty Series - Malazan Empire

• 33 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Call of Duty Series Bang bang bang BOOOOM! bang bang RATATATA!!!, etc.

#121 User is offline   Jusentantaka 

• Emperor
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 02 November 2009 - 08:51 PM

View PostStalker, on 02 November 2009 - 08:35 PM, said:

yeah, I'm sure that knives are a one-shot kill deal.

Also P-90 with silencer is so fun. People get pissed, like when I've played on shipment I've recieved bad messages from people who can't get me. It's funny. But no patches for it, perhaps it will be a little dulled down in the sequel.

edit: xpost w/ fleeing Silencer. Though I'm not sure why he is running, unless it because of gun knowledge FU hehe.
@ Cerveza and Jusentantaka- you guys console gamers?

Depends on the game. CoD4 I play on 360 cause thats where I played it first and I was both too lazy to relearn the controls for keyboardage and as much as I despise and hate X-Live for well, everything, it is better than the utter shit online services for ~95% of PC FPS games.

And really, no one should even start trying to defend the weapon balance in call of duty based on real world stats unless they can fire a browning 50 FROM THE HIP WHILE RUNNING.

! however, the P90 fires a larger caliber than the M4 (admittedly by jack shit - 5.7mm vs the 5.56mm) but the bullets are shorter.

#122 User is offline   Silencer 

• Manipulating Special Data
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
    Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 02 November 2009 - 08:56 PM

@Stalker - THAT is why I'm fleeing.

Ofc, no game models the weapons properly, and that's half my point. However, I don't think you can complain about the world's most advanced SMG being the game's most deadly gun. :(

If we are to talk about their inability to model guns properly, then how about the fact that people can take multiple shots from weapons, as long as they have like 5 seconds in between? Why don't we feel the recoil kicking us in the shoulder when firing? Why can you even fire on full-automatic at all and still be even remotely accurate? And as you say, the crazy hip-firing of heavy weapons.

:p

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#123 User is offline   Jusentantaka 

• Emperor

Posted 02 November 2009 - 08:56 PM

View PostAleksandrov, on 02 November 2009 - 08:44 PM, said:

FAMAS and P2000 are in limited supply only, they usually only ship on-demand. I'm curious to see how and why Brazillian MILITIA would get the funds to land their hands on these weapons. If they had the dole, they'd go with ARs and AKs rather than the 10x more expensive stocks on the black market. Sure you'd have military weapons disappear, but they would be in way less quantity than buying the "legal" ARs. You don't find thugs carrying around $5,000 weapons for the most basic footsoldiers.

101 is in limited supply, but 74 is widespread. It's standardised practice is use 5.54 rather than 7.62.

ok, you win this round.

for the 74, they were probably just too lazy to bother modeling it, and if they did... well, the audience isnt exactly high brow folk playing this game online... I can almost hear the screaming and gnashing of teeth with TWO versions of the same weapon available in the same game.

@Silencer: I rather miss games having health bars. Which when they're gone, you die. None of this bull crap hide in a corner till you magically regenerate yourself.

& I got your point, its just that compared to the lethality of other weapons, that one is way over the top. Its like all the other guns shoot some wimpy ass target shooting bullets and the P90 is spraying out tungsten or DU rounds.

/end pointless firearms and videogames ramble

This post has been edited by Jusentantaka: 02 November 2009 - 09:05 PM

#124 User is offline   Aleksandrov 

• Cold War Warrior

Posted 02 November 2009 - 09:05 PM

I hear you, apparently when the first MW came out people actually bitched about the AK74u. Friggen fanboys thought there was a spelling error on the "74" part.

Modelling guns? Why don't they include ammunition types? And we can go on and on...

But I keep in mind the fact that if I wanted to play a more mil-sim I'd play Arma2... I just wish that they didn't make it that blatant on the errors and the like. Heh.

Ah well, looks like I'll be playing this on 360 then buying the game a month or two on PC when the price isn't $118 for PC, 360 and PS3.
War is Peace. Freedom is Slavery. Ignorance is Strength.
Decimation, Propagation, Assimilation, Unification

#125 User is offline   Silencer 

Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 02 November 2009 - 09:10 PM

On *MY* 360, Aleks. XD

But yes, the sheer fact that half of these games are games, and not military sims, must be taken into account. I tell you, ArmA2 is fucking hard. 'Realistic', yes. But dayum. Hard.

And yes, the lack of ammo types. The one thing that would make a major difference to the weapons...XD

But hey, it's a game, it's fun, so meh. :(

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#126 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 02 November 2009 - 09:20 PM

I like that they are changing the 'ACOG' to be the actual type of sites available for the gun, such as thermal or holographic imaging.

I still lol at silencer or ACOG on a skorpian.

And we have all heard silencer whine that somehow the P90 clip runs out faster than the M4 when it shouldn't. Or something.

I would love to change ammunition types with account setup.

PS - When playing, do you guys ever put steady aim on a .50 cal and run around no-scoping people? They get oh-so-mad.
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#127 User is offline   Silencer 

Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 02 November 2009 - 09:27 PM

I've seen some crazy vids of people using the Barrett. Like 20 kills without dying, no-scopes all over the place, two people killed at once. Crazy stuff. I think I saw those on the CoD4 wiki...

Shinrei said:

#128 User is offline   Jusentantaka 

• Emperor

Posted 02 November 2009 - 09:27 PM

View PostAleksandrov, on 02 November 2009 - 09:05 PM, said:

Ah well, looks like I'll be playing this on 360 then buying the game a month or two on PC when the price isn't $118 for PC, 360 and PS3.

What horrible place do you live where games cost double market price?

#129 User is offline   Silencer 

Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 02 November 2009 - 09:29 PM

lol, me and Aleks are down in NZ - so the currency has to be taken into account. We still pay more than we should, by about $20-$30. :(

But a normal game on PC here is $100, and a Xbox is $120, and a PS3 is $130. But apparently they've made the prices equal now, what with the base price of MW2 going up in the US. XD

Shinrei said:

#130 User is offline   Jusentantaka 

• Emperor

Posted 02 November 2009 - 09:33 PM

Ah, the one place with a $ I didnt think of.

& thats some bull, the prices going up just because they got huge numbers of preorders and wanted to cash in bigger.

This post has been edited by Jusentantaka: 02 November 2009 - 09:34 PM

#131 User is offline   Silencer 

Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 02 November 2009 - 09:38 PM

Price going up, dedicated servers and mods going down.

We're paying more for less effort on their part, and less enjoyment on ours. BS. Seriously, no dedicated servers = everyone but the host lags. Rawr.

Shinrei said:

#132 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 02 November 2009 - 09:39 PM

http://xbox360.ign.c.../1041070p1.html

They think they will easily exceed 10million units sold before Christmas.

How lovely.

Meh, it is just making it more like the console versions. You can avoid 'lag' rooms pretty easily. As well as getting boned by stupid-ass mods. LOLWALLHAX.

This post has been edited by Obdigore: 02 November 2009 - 09:40 PM

Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#133 User is offline   Jusentantaka 

• Emperor

Posted 02 November 2009 - 09:48 PM

View PostSilencer, on 02 November 2009 - 09:38 PM, said:

Price going up, dedicated servers and mods going down.

We're paying more for less effort on their part, and less enjoyment on ours. BS. Seriously, no dedicated servers = everyone but the host lags. Rawr.

I still (and probably will go to my grave saying so) that the only series which EVER had net-code worth a the price of admission was Tribes (1 and 2 anyway) a decade ago, 2-4 times as many people in games, half the lag.

#134 User is offline   Aleksandrov 

• Cold War Warrior

Posted 03 November 2009 - 05:46 AM

Err yeah, exchange rates are at 1NZ$ = ~0.75US$. So your 60 dollars should be around 80-85 dollars here. Even if you take into shipping it shouldn't be over 100 dollars per game, but this one bloats over that 120 dollars.

It's actually cheaper to buy Australian and ship one over. BUT who likes the horrid censoring Aussies have to suffer through?

The boycott they are doing won't work. Activision Ward already anticipated that miserly 100,000 copies max not being sold by jacking up the price by that extra 10 USD. The only damage you can do to such a large game is to not buy in the opening fortnight which hurts records. But as Obdigore pointed out, that's not feasible as that 10 million copies easily triumphs 100,000.

But yes, they are trying to make the PC the same level as the console on the friggin FPS homeground. AW doesn't even need to maintain the server lists, the people individually hosts them. When you play a game, you can't sort servers by ping so when you join it's pure luck to whether you will get a good "server" or more like hoster with low lat. No this is just a pure grab at having less effort (they just port over the match-making system from the consoles) and stop allowing mods so they can choke down DLCs on people.

#135 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:beer, party.

Posted 03 November 2009 - 12:55 PM

View PostStalker, on 02 November 2009 - 08:35 PM, said:

yeah, I'm sure that knives are a one-shot kill deal.

Also P-90 with silencer is so fun. People get pissed, like when I've played on shipment I've recieved bad messages from people who can't get me. It's funny. But no patches for it, perhaps it will be a little dulled down in the sequel.

edit: xpost w/ fleeing Silencer. Though I'm not sure why he is running, unless it because of gun knowledge FU hehe.
@ Cerveza and Jusentantaka- you guys console gamers?

I'll be playing it on the PS3 for sure, since I lack either an xbox or a PC that can run anything more graphically intense than youtube.

View PostSilencer, on 02 November 2009 - 09:29 PM, said:

lol, me and Aleks are down in NZ - so the currency has to be taken into account. We still pay more than we should, by about $20-$30. :(

But a normal game on PC here is $100, and a Xbox is $120, and a PS3 is $130. But apparently they've made the prices equal now, what with the base price of MW2 going up in the US. XD

View PostAleksandrov, on 03 November 2009 - 05:46 AM, said:

Err yeah, exchange rates are at 1NZ$ = ~0.75US$. So your 60 dollars should be around 80-85 dollars here. Even if you take into shipping it shouldn't be over 100 dollars per game, but this one bloats over that 120 dollars.

It's actually cheaper to buy Australian and ship one over. BUT who likes the horrid censoring Aussies have to suffer through?

The boycott they are doing won't work. Activision Ward already anticipated that miserly 100,000 copies max not being sold by jacking up the price by that extra 10 USD. The only damage you can do to such a large game is to not buy in the opening fortnight which hurts records. But as Obdigore pointed out, that's not feasible as that 10 million copies easily triumphs 100,000.

But yes, they are trying to make the PC the same level as the console on the friggin FPS homeground. AW doesn't even need to maintain the server lists, the people individually hosts them. When you play a game, you can't sort servers by ping so when you join it's pure luck to whether you will get a good "server" or more like hoster with low lat. No this is just a pure grab at having less effort (they just port over the match-making system from the consoles) and stop allowing mods so they can choke down DLCs on people.

Sweet jesus...that sucks. What a bunch of assholes for arbitrarily doubling the price of games in your country. That's pretty frickin lame.

Is other stuff like that or just the games? What does a PS3/ Xbox itself cost there?

I know...20 questions...but its pretty shocking that they'd gank the gamebuying masses of NZ like that.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#136 User is offline   MTS 

• Fourth Investiture

Posted 03 November 2009 - 02:05 PM

View PostAleksandrov, on 03 November 2009 - 05:46 AM, said:

RRRRAAAAAAAGGGGGEEEEE! Fucking censoring. They nabbed L4D2, and now people are having a teary over this one. Disgraceful.

We have the same prices for games over here in Oz as well. It's ridiculous that it's so expensive. Depending on the exchange rate it's cheaper for me to buy from the US and ship it over.

Is other stuff like that or just the games? What does a PS3/ Xbox itself cost there?

It's the same for a lot of things. A new release hardback from Borders will cost me around $40, whereas I think it's $20 in the US? Right now I think you can grab a PS3 Slim for $500.

This post has been edited by Mappo's Travelling Sack: 03 November 2009 - 02:07 PM

Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem.

Si hoc adfixum in obice legere potes, et liberaliter educatus et nimis propinquus ades.

#137 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !
  • Interests:beer, party.

Posted 03 November 2009 - 03:56 PM

we suffer this effect a bit. Mainly with electronics and cars.

Cars are arbitrarily thousands of dollars more expensive in canada....even if you figure in exchange rate, added shipping and all the effing tax we have to pay....there's still a multi-thousand dollar discrepancy for no reason anybody cares to mention. It was the subject of huge debate here a couple years back when our dollar reached parity with the US dollar for a short period.

Glad I don't have to suffer it quite as bad as you though....holy shit!

Nothing will stop me getting this game though. Now if I can only find time to play it!

Very much looking forward to new stealth options.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#138 User is offline   Urb 

• Emperor
  • View gallery

Posted 03 November 2009 - 04:57 PM

Is it still expensive if you buy through Steam? I pay almost half prize there compared to retail. Though I guess you don't really have that option if you're playing on an XBOX/PS3.

Also a little curious what you guys think about this: link

You get to play terrorist and kill civilians I think. Something like that.
The leader, his audience still,
considered their scholarly will.
He lowered his head
and with anguish he said,
"But how will we teach them to kill?"

-some poet on reddit

#139 User is offline   Stalker 

• Soletaken

Posted 03 November 2009 - 06:03 PM

sounds more like you get on the inside of a terrorist organization and have to make some choices- Splinter Cell Double Agent, is the first thing that comes to mind.

I'm interested.

#140 User is offline   Aleksandrov 

• Cold War Warrior

Posted 03 November 2009 - 07:24 PM

That's looks pretty interesting. While we all know it's a gimmick on the part of AW to boost the "cinematic" experience, it is nevertheless pretty effective.

Aussie had to go through a bit of a rough patch when people complained about the killing innocent-stage, luckily their ESRB-type board rejected it. Here's to hope that it won't get censored in anyway.

Hoping against hope, the $$$ will drop by Christmas.

Multiplayer Spoiler for the Killstreaks that's been leaked:

Spoiler

Share this topic:

• 33 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

7 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users