• « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Characters we love to hate

#61 User is offline   MTS 

• Fourth Investiture
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 30 May 2009 - 05:32 AM

THE ERRANT - may he be flayed alive and chopped up into little pieces...and then fed to a hungry dhenrabi.
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem.

Si hoc adfixum in obice legere potes, et liberaliter educatus et nimis propinquus ades.

#62 User is offline   TeddyGraham 

• Corporal

Posted 27 December 2009 - 11:03 PM

Just re read midnight tides....and got another one i hate. Finadd Gerun Eberict.
sometimes I wonder if the gift of revelation, of discovering the means underlying humanity, offers nothing more then the devastating sense of futility, it is the ignorant who find cause and cling to it, for within that lies the illusion of significance-steven erikson.

#63 User is offline   Gruntle Cub 

• Recruit

Posted 26 January 2010 - 11:24 AM

I'm going to get in trouble for this one but I don't like Tavore. Always miserable and never telling anyone what the hell is going on. It's strange she and Laseen didn't get along. Oh and there was the whole selling her sister thing (I guess she had her reasons) but look how that turned out.

Leoman, obviously an asshole.

Korbolo, reminds me of an ex-boss I had, down to the shade of blue.

However I do like Kallor. A cranky old bastard who only cares about himself, evil to the core. But I think there is still some honour somewhere in his rotten core. And when he arrives you know the shit is coming.

#64 Guest_Kityhawk_*

• Group: Unregistered / Not Logged In

Posted 28 January 2010 - 11:20 AM

View PostGruntle Cub, on 26 January 2010 - 11:24 AM, said:

I'm going to get in trouble for this one but I don't like Tavore. Always miserable and never telling anyone what the hell is going on. It's strange she and Laseen didn't get along. Oh and there was the whole selling her sister thing (I guess she had her reasons) but look how that turned out.

Leoman, obviously an asshole.

Korbolo, reminds me of an ex-boss I had, down to the shade of blue.

However I do like Kallor. A cranky old bastard who only cares about himself, evil to the core. But I think there is still some honour somewhere in his rotten core. And when he arrives you know the shit is coming.

Finally someone says Tavore. I agree with you on that one. And I know what you mean about Kallor too, he's rotten to the core but he is interesting. Think I might have like Tavore if SE had delved inside her head more and shown what she's like inside, but it seemed like she was being kept away from us like some movie star with an over-protective squad of bodyguards.

#65 User is offline   Eispeis 

• Trygalle Trade Guild Route Planner

Posted 28 January 2010 - 12:38 PM

I tend to agree with your assessment of Tavore. She's just plain and simple boring, a wee bit crazy, and emotionally scarred (not necessarily bad).

Other than that I'd have to say, as others

The Errant (my god what a douche).
Any pompous swordweilding aristocrat (see Murillo and Trull's killers).
I thought Hull Beddict was boring as hell.
Felisin - gah what an uninteresting little c**t. I get that she's been through a lot, but I was still bored by her.

Major-ish DoD spoilers
Spoiler

A bit misogynistic this list of mine :) Ah well

Edit: Oooh my century post. Yay me and my hate!

This post has been edited by Eispeis: 28 January 2010 - 12:47 PM

#66 User is offline   Use Of Weapons 

• Soletaken
  • View gallery
  • Interests:Writing. Martial arts. Sport. Music, playing and singing, composition.

Posted 29 January 2010 - 01:56 PM

My major hate figure is Pormqual.
It is perfectly monstrous the way people go about nowadays saying things against one, behind one's back, that are absolutely and entirely true.
-- Oscar Wilde

#67 User is offline   daftchrome 

• Recruit

Posted 31 January 2010 - 04:04 PM

I have to add Crokus/Cutter to the list not only is he boring and annoying but he brings Apsalar down to his level when they're togrther.
Karsa I like but I did think the huge intro for him was boring until he met Torvald Nom
Primoris in permaneo sicco

#68 User is offline   clanless 

• Corporal

Posted 13 March 2010 - 09:02 AM

I really,really,really, despised Silverfox. God almighty she was so annoying.

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

10 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 10 guests, 0 anonymous users