• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

"The Ladders" When the revoluition comes, we'll know where to find you

#21 User is offline   Sindriss 

• Walker of Edges
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 16 February 2009 - 12:51 AM

I liked them :p But I fear I might sometime think I am smarter than others. Not better though, since I think everybody got their own talents and unfortunately in this crazy world not every talent is rewarded equally. 100k ? Hmm, I hope to make that once I am done with my education and worked maybe 5-10 years in some private company.

I would like to know if Steve have ever tasted anything like the quorl white milk, that knocked the bb's out.

A: Nope, but I gots me a good imagination.

#22 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Interests:Football

Posted 16 February 2009 - 01:03 AM

I already said, "fair enough." And that isn't the tag-line. The tag line is: "100K jobs for 100K people." Yours is fairly neutral. Theirs is LOADED, and if you can't see that then you won't find anything obnoxious.

I'm sure you've heard of "Career Builder" and "Monster". The singling out of these jobs is a creative business niche, and I'll give them credit for that creativity... but not the creative mind behind the ad campaign.
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#23 User is offline   frookenhauer 

• Mortal Sword
  • Interests:Women
    Money
    AI
    Writing

Posted 16 February 2009 - 01:09 AM

Then its high time I offered them my services...I hope they pay me 100k :p
souls are for wimps

#24 User is offline   Ain't_It_Just_ 

• The Recidivist
  • Group: LHTEC
  • Interests:Dungeons and Dragons, and the odd caramel slice.
  • The AIJman cometh

Posted 16 February 2009 - 06:22 AM

It reminds me of those ads on the Net, offering me chance to work and live in the US before.

Insensitive bastards, trying to brighten up my day.
Suck it Errant!

"It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum...and I'm all out of gum."

QUOTE (KeithF @ Jun 30 2009, 09:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It has been proven beyond all reasonable doubt that the most powerful force on Wu is a bunch of messed-up Malazans with Moranth munitions.

#25 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer

Posted 16 February 2009 - 06:23 AM

Can you translate that post, AIJ so I can respond with something more than, eh?
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#26 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 16 February 2009 - 06:42 AM

View PostHoosierDaddy, on Feb 16 2009, 01:17 AM, said:

You don't find it obnoxious. Fair enough. Most people do. It is with an arrow full of arrogance that they target people who feel they are superior. The monster one was a bad choice to begin with, the tennis one is the one that actually pisses me off.

"Some people are not cut out for top-level jobs." Who? The mentally retarded? Of course they aren't capable, but they also aren't out applying for CEO of Douchebag Inc.

Who are these most people that find the commercials obnoxious? Your friends or have you read some poll or analysis on this?

I've watched most of them on You'tube now and I find them hilarious. I would much rather have to sit through a commercial that makes me laugh than the fancy yuppie commercials on CNN and Eurosport for expensive cars, 5 star hotels, business counsults, etc.

The commercials do their job in the sense that they're eye catching and they make you think. You'll still remember these commcercials after they're gone.

View PostFrookenhauer, on Feb 16 2009, 01:49 AM, said:

I've worked with all sorts of people and if there is anything I've learned about people is this. All most people want to do is clock in get their work done and go home. They less they are asked to do, the better. They refuse to accept responsibility and only want a promotion when somebody else goes for it who's been there less time than they have :p . The average worker is a grafter, the average guy in the cubicle next to yours is also a grafter, but doesn't wear a uniform. These are not the sort of people you want running your company as a shareholder/owner...whatever.

Good lord, Frook. This is a provocative statement. I don't even know how to respond to that :p

#27 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer

Posted 16 February 2009 - 06:47 AM

This is the Inn, Apt. Statements made in abstentia count as evidence. Lots of people I've been around make comments like this when the commercial airs. If you don't see the arrogance, it isn't going to bother you. If you see the arrogance and agree, well... I thumb my nose at you, and if you see the arrogance and find it funny because it is arrogant then there is still hope.

I had responded to the second quote at one point, but it's simply because I got riled up. I sensed patronization in it, but this is the Inn, not the Discussion forum.

#28 User is offline   frookenhauer 

• Mortal Sword
  • Interests:Women
    Money
    AI
    Writing

Posted 16 February 2009 - 06:01 PM

Should being in the Inn prevent people from occasionally having a real life debate?

Provocative, maybe...but its just something I have observed here in good old blighty. It might be different in America where everybody has a nice day.
souls are for wimps

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users