• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Guild Wars anybody still play it?

#21 User is offline   Darkwatch 

• A Strange Human
  • Group: The Most Holy and Exalted Inquis

Posted 17 March 2009 - 12:16 AM

View PostIlluyankas, on Mar 11 2009, 07:48 PM, said:

Dye farming or deathleveling for the Defender of Ascalon title?

The Monk?

Yeah he's a farmer, haven't gotten to the death leveling yet, since my Elementalist was supposed to be the permanent one, but I ended up making him with too much of a concept.
The Monk is a Midget who's name is an inside joke with my friend whose online.
The Pub is Always Open

Proud supporter of the Wolves of Winter. Glory be to her Majesty, The Lady Snow.
Cursed Summer returns. The Lady Now Sleeps.

The Sexy Thatch Burning Physicist

Τον Πρωτος Αληθη Δεσποτην της Οικιας Αυτος

RodeoRanch said:

You're a rock.
A non-touching itself rock.

#22 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 17 March 2009 - 12:36 AM

I'd only bother with the deathleveling if you don't have a life to take up your time. Speaking of which, I saw someone with the Defender of Ascalon title in Hell's Precipice, the last Prophecies mission. Dude, how much effort went into that?

Speaking of which, I'm going to see if I can get my monk, who is currently using a mesmer skill on a monk hero to use two elites at once for 113% more healing and 50% faster cast, getting around (not counting Divine Favour) 180 health out of 5 energy 70 healing skills - once reaching 697 health for the 5 energy Dwayna's Kiss, in a game with base max level player health of 480 - to finish Prophecies tomorrow.
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#23 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 17 March 2009 - 06:51 AM

Hmm. Maybe Apt should look into this.

#24 User is offline   Assail 

• Destriant of the Abyssmal Army
  • Group: The Abyssmal Army

Posted 28 March 2009 - 11:03 PM

View PostAptorian, on Mar 16 2009, 11:51 PM, said:

I wouldn't bother with it. I played WoW (Yes, disgusting I know) for 4 years and then bought Guild Wars to try it out. I hated it, maybe because I did play WoW for so long, but I just felt it wasn't worth the money or time required.
I still heart Goodkind.

#25 User is offline   Sixty 

• Don't be fooled. I am very serious.
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 28 March 2009 - 11:17 PM

It was a good game...the best mmo out there, in fact, for a couple years. Then everyone good quit and it sucked. (And they nerfed PuG GvG's, which were the best part).

#26 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 29 March 2009 - 07:12 AM

View PostAssail, on Mar 29 2009, 01:03 AM, said:

I wouldn't bother with it. I played WoW (Yes, disgusting I know) for 4 years and then bought Guild Wars to try it out. I hated it, maybe because I did play WoW for so long, but I just felt it wasn't worth the money or time required.

WOW is not disgusting, WOW is gooood.

I just had to quit it because I didn't have the power of will to not let it completely consume my life.

It's like crack, only more addictive.

#27 User is offline   Assail 

Posted 29 March 2009 - 07:24 AM

View PostAptorian, on Mar 29 2009, 12:12 AM, said:

View PostAssail, on Mar 29 2009, 01:03 AM, said:

WOW is not disgusting, WOW is gooood.

I just had to quit it because I didn't have the power of will to not let it completely consume my life.

It's like crack, only more addictive.

WoW got disgusting and terribad when they introduced Burning Crusade.

I quit because I was sick of it consuming my life lol. And yes, it's more addicting than crack.
I still heart Goodkind.

#28 User is offline   Sixty 

Posted 29 March 2009 - 05:38 PM

WoW was the biggest waste of a Summer I could possibly imagine (raiding in TBC). I found myself reading a book or something for all of trash (resto drood) then paying attention on bosses...got boring fast, but was still somehow addictive. I hate it.

#29 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 29 March 2009 - 06:03 PM

Which is why GW is superior - you paid extra for your wasted time. I certainly didn't.
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#30 User is offline   Assail 

Posted 29 March 2009 - 06:45 PM

View PostSixty, on Mar 29 2009, 10:38 AM, said:

WoW was the biggest waste of a Summer I could possibly imagine (raiding in TBC). I found myself reading a book or something for all of trash (resto drood) then paying attention on bosses...got boring fast, but was still somehow addictive. I hate it.

See I didn't mind the high end raiding, I preferred the PvP but I was still in the whole "newness" of TBC. Then I realized it was bloody awful. Every aspect of it. And WotLK is even worse I'm told.
I still heart Goodkind.

#31 User is offline   Sixty 

Posted 29 March 2009 - 07:58 PM

I have some friends who still raid in WoW...they seem to like it, but some of them also leveled up fishing. :S

@Illy: I only liked GW for the PvP (hated wow PvP btw), but from what I hear PvP there is bad now too.

(actually, I liked Griffon farming/Invincimonk in PvE, but that got nerfed years ago. :D)

This post has been edited by Sixty: 29 March 2009 - 07:59 PM

#32 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia

Posted 29 March 2009 - 08:46 PM

After Warhammer, WoW sucks. Badly. Then again, from level 30 onwards, Warhammer sucked as well due to way too much crowd control. Gotta agree with the person who went from WoW to GW - that route sucks.

Right now, the main problem for me is maintaining contact with the 5-10 people I spent a couple of years with raiding, 4-5 hours 4 nights a week, and who became a sort of friends. So, I spend most of my very limited time in WoW talking to them, and somehow unable to pull the plug from what I regard as a shitty and soon to be dead game... :D
Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#33 User is offline   Assail 

Posted 29 March 2009 - 08:53 PM

View PostTapper, on Mar 29 2009, 01:46 PM, said:

After Warhammer, WoW sucks. Badly. Then again, from level 30 onwards, Warhammer sucked as well due to way too much crowd control. Gotta agree with the person who went from WoW to GW - that route sucks.

Right now, the main problem for me is maintaining contact with the 5-10 people I spent a couple of years with raiding, 4-5 hours 4 nights a week, and who became a sort of friends. So, I spend most of my very limited time in WoW talking to them, and somehow unable to pull the plug from what I regard as a shitty and soon to be dead game... :D

Yep. I know how you feel. It's not so bad though, every now and again I see them on MSN Messenger, and we have a bit of a chat. Try that? or AIM or some other instant messenger. I feel ya bro. Truck on!
I still heart Goodkind.

#34 User is offline   Tapper 

• Lover of High House Mafia

Posted 29 March 2009 - 09:00 PM

View PostAssail, on Mar 29 2009, 10:53 PM, said:

Yep. I know how you feel. It's not so bad though, every now and again I see them on MSN Messenger, and we have a bit of a chat. Try that? or AIM or some other instant messenger. I feel ya bro. Truck on!

That's the main problem. I was always in a guild filled with people in their late twenties, early thirties... all in all, busy lives/jobs, young children, etc, and due to age, and if they hadn't had them back then, they do now (just like me - (not the children tho), only I cheat by playing Mafia at work), so msn is a passed station for most of them. It's a good method for about half, the other half I'd lose contact with.

This post has been edited by Tapper: 29 March 2009 - 09:01 PM

Everyone is entitled to his own wrong opinion. - Lizrad

#35 User is offline   Assail 

Posted 29 March 2009 - 09:01 PM

View PostTapper, on Mar 29 2009, 02:00 PM, said:

View PostAssail, on Mar 29 2009, 10:53 PM, said:

That's the main problem. I was always in a guild filled with people in their late twenties, early thirties... all in all, busy lives/jobs, young children, etc, and due to age, and if they hadn't had them back then, they do now (just like me - (not the children tho), only I cheat by playing Mafia at work), so msn is a passed station for most of them. It's a good method for about half, the other half I'd lose contact with.

Ah that sucks ass then. Doesn't look like there's much to do but play WoW or shoot em emails whenever you want to talk. Or... what about a vent server? Just jump on and say hi whenever ya want?
I still heart Goodkind.

#36 User is offline   Sixty 

Posted 29 March 2009 - 10:00 PM

Yeah I've personally kept in touch with plenty of people I've played with in WoW/GW via vent.

#37 User is offline   Dag 

• Burninating poodles since 1996
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 30 March 2009 - 08:13 PM

View PostIlluyankas, on Mar 17 2009, 02:36 AM, said:

I'd only bother with the deathleveling if you don't have a life to take up your time. Speaking of which, I saw someone with the Defender of Ascalon title in Hell's Precipice, the last Prophecies mission. Dude, how much effort went into that?

Speaking of which, I'm going to see if I can get my monk, who is currently using a mesmer skill on a monk hero to use two elites at once for 113% more healing and 50% faster cast, getting around (not counting Divine Favour) 180 health out of 5 energy 70 healing skills - once reaching 697 health for the 5 energy Dwayna's Kiss, in a game with base max level player health of 480 - to finish Prophecies tomorrow.

OMG, and I thought I was a GW addict and didn't have a real life... :D
The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues.

#38 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 30 March 2009 - 08:25 PM

Says the member of a fantasy book forum.

#39 User is offline   Sixty 

Posted 31 March 2009 - 12:58 AM

View PostIlluyankas, on Mar 16 2009, 08:36 PM, said:

Imagine what it was like back in the old skool OoB Mo/N Boon Prot days...you'd get something like +80 healing from divine boon every heal, on top of the 70+ healing or whatever from Reversal of Fortune...then offering of blood for 15-20 energy every 20 seconds. Along with Contemplation of Purity, which would let you wipe boon+2 or 3 enchants when you were getting spiked or trained, thereby healing yourself for >200 for 5 energy (actually 10 since you recast boon). It was ridiculous, yet crazy fun to play (build was http://pvx.wikia.com...:Mo/N_Boon_Prot for reference, but it's been nerfed).

And then they took it out.

=(

(Oh, and they nerfed Energy Drain and Edge Bomb. Edge bomb was the shit.)

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users