Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ardatha Queen of Dreams? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   L'oric 

• High Fist
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 20 January 2009 - 06:36 PM

One of the things I love/hate about the series is the random who's strewn about.

In MOI (which I have just done a significant rereading of) page 13 American version

"Kallors brows rose. "You would take from me all that I have worked so hard to achieve? fifty years, dear rivals, to conquer an entire continent. Oh, perhaps Ardatha still held out- always late in sending me my rightful tribute-but I ignored such petty gestures. She has fled, did you know? the bitch."

Sounds like something the Queen of Dreams would do if you ask me. Is the name anywhere else in the books?

Sincerely,
L'oric
What I do not know fills many more volumes than what I do know.

#2 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 20 January 2009 - 07:23 PM

Uhm, yeah, don't know how you missed it.

She is mentioned in both BH and RCG.

Morgora is the priestess of Ardatha, who may be a kind of spider godess, she heals Mappo.

In RCG we learn that Ardatha gave Skinner an impenetrable armor.

#3 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 20 January 2009 - 07:26 PM

Yeah, she's Mogora's patron, the one who helped get Mappo healed with the spiderwebs - also known as Ardata. A different entity entirely to T'riss, the Queen of Dreams, but they do seem to have have very similar roles, to be fair.
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#4 User is offline   L'oric 

• High Fist

Posted 21 January 2009 - 01:07 AM

View PostAptorian, on Jan 20 2009, 01:23 PM, said:

Uhm, yeah, don't know how you missed it.

She is mentioned in both BH and RCG.

Morgora is the priestess of Ardatha, who may be a kind of spider godess, she heals Mappo.

In RCG we learn that Ardatha gave Skinner an impenetrable armor.

Well my memory isn't Board moderator perfect :) . I did check the encyclopedia malazica and there was no mention so I thought to ask. I like Mogara a whole lot more now. That's a juicy tidbit. I will reread relevant Bonehunter parts like I did the MOI parts.

Thanks

This post has been edited by L'oric: 21 January 2009 - 01:07 AM

What I do not know fills many more volumes than what I do know.

#5 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 21 January 2009 - 03:28 AM

View PostL'oric, on Jan 20 2009, 08:07 PM, said:

Well my memory isn't Board moderator perfect :) . I did check the encyclopedia malazica and there was no mention so I thought to ask. I like Mogara a whole lot more now. That's a juicy tidbit. I will reread relevant Bonehunter parts like I did the MOI parts.

Well, the Ardat(h)a article is indeed rather lacking in information. However, it did have a quote from tBH, so that should've given you a nudge...

I'll write something up for it soon, just for you L'oric!

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#6 User is offline   Ain't_It_Just_ 

• The Recidivist
  • Group: LHTEC
  • Interests:Dungeons and Dragons, and the odd caramel slice.
  • The AIJman cometh

Posted 21 January 2009 - 06:56 AM

I think it was written somewhere that the QOD was once a human... is that right?

It can't be Ardata, because T'riss is the Goddess of Divination. Doesn't seem in character, if that means anything...
Suck it Errant!

"It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum...and I'm all out of gum."

QUOTE (KeithF @ Jun 30 2009, 09:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It has been proven beyond all reasonable doubt that the most powerful force on Wu is a bunch of messed-up Malazans with Moranth munitions.

#7 User is offline   Sinisdar Toste 

• Dead Serious
  • View gallery

Posted 22 January 2009 - 01:27 AM

yes the QoD is human, she is mentioned as being at the most recent chaining, except she was the sorceress who would become the queen of dreams

ardatha is apparently an elder of sorts
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

- Oscar Levant

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users