• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Diablo III I can't find the old thread

#81 User is offline   Defiance 

• Vicariously I live while the whole world dies
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Malazan, RPGs, writing

Posted 16 March 2012 - 06:03 AM

I loved Diablo II. Initially, back when it was announced in '08 (I think it was then), I was extremely excited for it. However, as time has gone on, I've begun to lose interest. I'm sure I'll still pick up the game, but I'm really not sure it will be anything special. Between the mediocre story of Starcraft II and the abysmal Cataclysm expansion for Warcraft, my faith in the once mighty company of Blizzard has been shaken.
uhm, that should be 'stuff.' My stiff is never nihilistic.
~Steven Erikson

Mythwood: Play-by-post RP board.

#82 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 16 March 2012 - 06:16 AM

They had to cut out the PvP Arena they promised just to make this release date. It really worries me. A lot.

I don't care about that pvp arena thing, but the fact that they are cutting game features to meet a release date is a very Activison, not Blizzard, thing to do...
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#83 User is offline   Lucifer's Heaven 

• Shaved Knuckle
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 16 March 2012 - 01:33 PM

View PostObdigore, on 16 March 2012 - 06:16 AM, said:

They had to cut out the PvP Arena they promised just to make this release date. It really worries me. A lot.

I don't care about that pvp arena thing, but the fact that they are cutting game features to meet a release date is a very Activison, not Blizzard, thing to do...

Yeah, I really think Activision's takeover was a terrible thing for the company I loved.

Also Defiance, don't forget to add the coming release of Mists of Totally-Not-Kung-Fu-Panda-Rip-Off to your dissapointments :(
"So how'd you save the world?"
"Averted the rapture by drowning the baby Jesus in his own tears"

#84 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 16 March 2012 - 06:19 PM

Just looked up the Collectors edition:

Diablo 3 Collector's Edition indholder følgende:

* Diablo 3
* Diablo Skull and 4GB USB Soulstone
* Behind the Scenes Blu-Ray/DVD Set
* The Art of Diablo III
* Diablo III Soundtrack
* Exclusive In-Game Content
o Aesthetic Artifacts (Diablo 3)
o Fetish Shaman Pet (WoW)
o Battle.net Portraits (Starcraft 2)

God damn you, Activision. God damn you to hell.

#85 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 16 March 2012 - 07:59 PM

View PostLucifer, on 16 March 2012 - 01:33 PM, said:

Yeah, I really think Activision's takeover was a terrible thing for the company I loved.

Also Defiance, don't forget to add the coming release of Mists of Totally-Not-Kung-Fu-Panda-Rip-Off to your dissapointments :wallbash:

To be fair, Blizz has been dancing around Pandas since before Warcraft 3 actually came out. There was a panda-based easter egg poster during development, followed by a "hungry Hungry Panda" secret high-level creep in the Night Elf Campaign, followed by a Pandaren Brewmaster hero class in Frozen Throne.

so, while the timing may be a cheap cash-in, the original concept isn't simply a rip-off.
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#86 User is offline   Lucifer's Heaven 

• Shaved Knuckle

Posted 17 March 2012 - 02:57 AM

View PostMentalist, on 16 March 2012 - 07:59 PM, said:

View PostLucifer, on 16 March 2012 - 01:33 PM, said:

Also Defiance, don't forget to add the coming release of Mists of Totally-Not-Kung-Fu-Panda-Rip-Off to your dissapointments ;)

To be fair, Blizz has been dancing around Pandas since before Warcraft 3 actually came out. There was a panda-based easter egg poster during development, followed by a "hungry Hungry Panda" secret high-level creep in the Night Elf Campaign, followed by a Pandaren Brewmaster hero class in Frozen Throne.

so, while the timing may be a cheap cash-in, the original concept isn't simply a rip-off.

I disagree entirely. As I have already ranted :wallbash:

#87 User is offline   Deck of Dragons 

• Lieutenant

Posted 29 March 2012 - 02:10 PM

I've been playing Diablo1&2 religiously since 1997. The only games I've ever enjoyed to that level are Phantasy Star Online & Demon's Souls.

I've got the Collector's Edition on pre-order. Have the soundtrack cds for both Diablo and Diablo2. All the novels (some are pretty entertaining actually). The new novel ordered. Book of Cain is cool. And I just bought 2 posters for Diablo 3 from Blizzard (Tyreal & Diablo).

I am a Diablo fanatic!

#88 User is offline   Eltar 

• Trickster Priest
  • Interests:Those, my dear acquaintances, would be a secret.
  • Ex-Wotmania alum, Sleeper Agent.

Posted 29 March 2012 - 02:30 PM

I was really looking forward to Diablo III, and have ever since I finished Diablo II way back, but now I'm not so sure. I hated the campaign for SC2
Spoiler

Blizzard had my faith for a long time. More than any company other than Bioware. But cracks in my faith started appearing with WoW: WotLK, the cracks became larger in Cataclysm, and finally split apart upon finishing SC2. Diablo III might be an amazing game... but Blizzard is going to have to win me over again, just as if it were a new developer.
"Whether you believe me or not is up to you."
~Xelloss

#89 User is offline   Deck of Dragons 

• Lieutenant

Posted 13 April 2012 - 06:58 PM

I'm making one more run through Diablo 1&2 this month. I've played them over and over the last 15 years, but I have a feeling I won't be able to play them again after Diablo3 because of the massive increase in resolution etc. There was only a move from 640x480 to 800x600 with Diablo2.

#90 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:17 PM

View PostEltar, on 29 March 2012 - 02:30 PM, said:

I was really looking forward to Diablo III, and have ever since I finished Diablo II way back, but now I'm not so sure. I hated the campaign for SC2
Spoiler

Blizzard had my faith for a long time. More than any company other than Bioware. But cracks in my faith started appearing with WoW: WotLK, the cracks became larger in Cataclysm, and finally split apart upon finishing SC2. Diablo III might be an amazing game... but Blizzard is going to have to win me over again, just as if it were a new developer.

Turns out Diablo isn't evil. He's just misunderstood. Actually he was trying to save mankind but the evil Deckard Cain turned people against him. Also the Angels are actually Aliens.

#91 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 09 May 2012 - 02:47 PM

There's been released an animated shortfilm detailing the war between the angels of heaven and the demons of hell. It shows us the... seven? Archangels and I think it sets up the plot for Diablo 3 all though it may just be meant as a backstory.

http://www.giantbomb...-metal/17-5957/

6 days and counting I am hoping my preorder arrives a day early.

This post has been edited by Aptorius: 09 May 2012 - 02:48 PM

#92 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 09 May 2012 - 05:27 PM

I'm still debating my purchase. I may pick this up at the end of the summer to play at uni, where I have a DSL line, and stable connection.

I will continue to resent Blizz for taking away my offline single-player, however.

EDIT: watched the video. 5 Archangels, no Izual.
Also, Angel as a bad guy? I expect a shocking twist.

This post has been edited by Mentalist: 09 May 2012 - 06:08 PM

The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#93 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 09 May 2012 - 08:07 PM

From the buzz around the game I actually thought Tyrial was going to be the bad guy in this game but maybe that is a cancelled storyline from when a big chunk of the game was set to take place in heaven.

#94 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 09 May 2012 - 08:12 PM

It seems like he could be, we still don't know what the effects of destroying the Worldstone were, or if Baal even corrupted it and Tyrael was just talking out of his divine arse. I'm on the side of 'he's the least dickish angel and on your side when all the others are being giant wankers' myself.
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#95 User is offline   Lucifer's Heaven 

• Shaved Knuckle

Posted 10 May 2012 - 09:16 AM

Well the most positive thing I have to say about D3 at the moment is that at least they listen to SOME criticism.

I played the beta and was thoroughly underwhelmed. Was an alright game, but not as good as I was expecting.
One of the worst things I found was that it was easy.
As in embarasingly, retardedly fucking simple. I played a monk, was finding it easy, decided to not min/max at all, take no life steal, almost no health regen and no healing spells. Finished the entire beta playing recklessly without using a single healing potion. The only time I even thought I might need one was against the last boss. Played a little smarter against him and I was fine.
Grabbed the same character, spent about 10-15 minutes min/maxing a little and she was essentially invincible, even against said boss. And had a healing spell equipped just in case, which I didn't use.

The good part is, apparently this was a very common complaint and they've upped the difficulty of the early game. Though I am little concerned that if they think that was an okay starting point, then the rest of the game will still be too easy.
Until you get to Inferno, which looks fun. But I shouldn't need to reach max level just to start enjoying playing the game (the difficulty was really reducing my enjoyment).

#96 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 10 May 2012 - 10:32 AM

I'm gonna refrain from judgement on difficulty until I try Inferno. The way it was meant to be played! The rest is just gear farming.
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#97 User is offline   Lucifer's Heaven 

• Shaved Knuckle

Posted 10 May 2012 - 04:00 PM

View PostGothos, on 10 May 2012 - 10:32 AM, said:

I'm gonna refrain from judgement on difficulty until I try Inferno. The way it was meant to be played! The rest is just gear farming.

Like I said, you should not need to finish the game, most likely multiple times, before you reach the point of the game where you really start playing. Remember, Inferno requires max level to be allowed to play.

#98 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 10 May 2012 - 04:21 PM

Yeah, which to me makes normal-hell sort of a tutorial.

Max level is where I'll be spending the greatest part of my playtime, it's that what matters to me most.

This post has been edited by Gothos: 10 May 2012 - 04:22 PM

It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#99 User is offline   Sindriss 

• Walker of Edges

Posted 13 May 2012 - 01:19 PM

I really don't think you can judge anything regardin the difficulty just based on the first 20% of the first act of the first difficulty (or however much percentage it is).

I am seriously considering skipping work a few days to play this :doh:

I would like to know if Steve have ever tasted anything like the quorl white milk, that knocked the bb's out.

A: Nope, but I gots me a good imagination.

#100 User is offline   Lusipher 

• Talon Captain of Team Quick Ben
  • View gallery
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 14 May 2012 - 10:44 AM

I love Diablo 1 and 2 but can't seem to work up any enthusiasm for 3. I remember when WoW was announced, I was pissed that they weren't making a Diablo mmo-I've always liked that world more than the Warhammer-lite world of WarCraft but whatever. From all I've seen/heard about D3, I can't say I'm too impressed, but I'm open to my mind being changed. I'll see what my friend has to say about it before picking it up.

Share this topic:

• 15 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users