Diablo III I can't find the old thread

#21 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 14 January 2009 - 05:53 PM

open world= non-linear story
obviously, there's a continuum between a "rigid" storyline and a totally "free world" (Freelancer comes to mind)

as a fan of a good story, I like an RPG that has interesting side stories and the solution to the game is fairly non-linear, even if you do always end up with the same ending.
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#22 User is offline   Cold Iron 

• I'll have some lasagna
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 30 July 2009 - 05:30 AM

So anyone got any sniff of a potential release date? Website looks like they're still more than a year away. Christmas next year maybe?

#23 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 01 August 2009 - 01:17 PM

how I see it, we're most probably going to see Starcraft II first, so don't hold your breath just yet.
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#24 User is offline   Impirion 

• Captain
  • Interests:Most sports, particularly football (that's soccer to you americans), and tennis. Reading (obviously!). Computer games, mostly RTS stuff, although also enjoy football manager and sports sims.

Posted 01 August 2009 - 04:29 PM

starcraft II is coming out around november isn't it? The only thing which is rather discouraging at the moment is apparently no LAN ability in the games, to try and make sure we can't play it multiplayer if we don't have real authentic copies...:thumbsup:

#25 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 01 August 2009 - 04:32 PM

Yeah, Blizzard deciding that they don't like money and removing the LAN playing struck me as a retardedly stupid move.
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#26 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 01 August 2009 - 04:44 PM

I'm not that fussed personally since I don't really dig RTS multiplayer (well maybe except WC3, but I'm not that sure about it tbh)
what hits me is that the 3 campaigns will be sold as 3 seperate products :/ that's just bullshit
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

#27 User is offline   Silencer 

• Manipulating Special Data
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
    Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 02 August 2009 - 12:30 AM

Yes, it's a seriously weird stance to take, both with the LAN and with the campaign.

Bastards are trying to milk it for all it's worth, with the campaign split, imo. And to avoid people just plain not buying the real versions for the other campaigns, they're removing LAN so you can't get away with having illegal copies. :D

Bullshit, if you ask me. I honestly didn't expect Blizzard to pull stunts like these.

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#28 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 02 August 2009 - 10:18 AM

it's not Blizzard speaking through those policies. I can bet my right leg that it's Activision.

#29 User is offline   Silencer 

Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 02 August 2009 - 10:31 AM

Rather like EA with their trailer for Dragon Age, designed to appeal to the masses of hormone-fuelled, action game fans.

One would have thought, however, that an established company like Blizzard, and BioWare as well, would have more power in these things. It's sad, really.

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#30 User is offline   Impirion 

• Captain
  • Interests:Most sports, particularly football (that's soccer to you americans), and tennis. Reading (obviously!). Computer games, mostly RTS stuff, although also enjoy football manager and sports sims.

Posted 02 August 2009 - 10:50 AM

I am not so fussed about the campaign as at least it's a full game in each campaign so you aren't really cheated out of anything, although I can see why some people think it's annoying.

#31 User is offline   Sindriss 

• Walker of Edges

Posted 02 August 2009 - 05:29 PM

SC2 will be out this fall, there isn't any exact date yet. D3 will probably be out in 1½ year, maybe january 2011.
But damn it will be awesome, cannot wait to play it

I would like to know if Steve have ever tasted anything like the quorl white milk, that knocked the bb's out.

A: Nope, but I gots me a good imagination.

#32 User is offline   Optimus Prime 

• Daylight Oblivion
  • Interests:Ranting and Raving. Being the biggest Liberal on this forum. Arguing with Cold Iron (and winning). Writing (struggling right now), reading, Georgia Bulldog FOOTBALL!<br /><br />And the lades, of course, always the ladies ;)

Posted 08 August 2009 - 07:04 AM

Starcraft II has just been officially delayed, SHOCKING!!!

I can't fault Blizzard though, they make sure they make a great game and don't rush things. They claim this will not hamper the development of DIII. We'll see.....can they at least release the 4th class?!?!!? It's been months!!!

#33 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove
  • Group: Grumpy Old Sods
  • Interests:Quiet desperation and self-loathing

Posted 08 August 2009 - 09:00 AM

PRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIME! Glad to see you around buddy.
Error: Signature not valid

#34 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 08 August 2009 - 09:32 AM

View PostOptimus Prime, on Aug 8 2009, 09:04 AM, said:

Starcraft II has just been officially delayed, SHOCKING!!!

I can't fault Blizzard though, they make sure they make a great game and don't rush things. They claim this will not hamper the development of DIII. We'll see.....can they at least release the 4th class?!?!!? It's been months!!!

What's the third class?

I've only seen the Barbarian and the Necromancer.

#35 User is offline   Silencer 

Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 08 August 2009 - 09:37 AM

Barbarian, Witch Doctor, and Wizard.

Shinrei said:

#36 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 23 August 2009 - 01:02 PM

Fourth Class, Warrior Monk revealed, there's a gameplay trailer further down the page:

http://hellforge.gameriot.com/blogs/Hellfo...nk-Full-Details

He looks pretty awesome. The barbarian is staying my favorite, but he looks damn strong.

In other depressing news, Bliizard doesn't expect to be releasing D3 before 2011:

http://www.gossipgamers.com/blizzard-no-di...lease-for-2010/

#37 User is offline   Pig Iron 

• First Sword

Posted 23 August 2009 - 03:38 PM

I want to play this game so bad it hurts.

#38 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 01 August 2011 - 07:13 AM

So... They actually managed to make me not buy this game.
http://www.mmo-champ...Real-Life-Money!
Just... bleh. Really, Blue? Really?

At least there's still Torchlight 2 on the horizon...

#39 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?

Posted 01 August 2011 - 07:30 AM

What exactly is it about this that angers you so? Is it the fact that some noob will be able to buy he his way to some of the best gear in the game, making reaching the top, having the best most exclusive gear, feel less satisfying?

I could understand that, but I bet Blizzard will work on it once they figure out how it evolves.

Otherwise I don't see a reason to complain. They are addressing a big issue in the D2 community, namely the trading of equipment for money. On one hand Blizard gets a cut out of the trade which is probably already a substantial amount of money and on the other they provide a safer way for the players to buy and sell.

I really don't see a problem with this.

Personally I probably wont ever even need it. I will most likely play through the game on single player once and then never look back.

#40 User is offline   Gothos 

• Map painting expert

Posted 01 August 2011 - 07:36 AM

There are at least two problems.

One, the sanctioning of a link between a virtual world and real life money. That's just a big no for me.

Two, the motherfucking chinese. Unless Blue presents a meaningful way of making sure their IPs can't connect to western servers, this will be goddamn awful. The gold farms of WoW will branch out to D3 and whip their slave workforce to farm stuff and sell it at 40% or less of what a normal player would charge. Not to mention the rampant botting that will overshine Tibia's. This is blue giving up the fight with gold farmers and just getting their cut out of the pie.

To that, I only have my middle finger for them.

Share this topic:

• 15 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users