Malazan Empire: Chaining of the Crippled God - Malazan Empire

Jump to content

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Chaining of the Crippled God Who was there Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Atlas 

  • Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Posts: 6
  • Joined: 20-December 08

Posted 13 January 2009 - 09:10 PM

Can anyone name all the people that were there at the last chaining of the crippled god? or at least as many as we know? thanx. :(


EDIT: I just realized i posted this here instead of at the toll of hounds section. if a mod could kindly move this please. thanx so much. sorry about the hassle.

This post has been edited by Atlas: 13 January 2009 - 09:13 PM

0

#2 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

  • Believer
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Posts: 7,577
  • Joined: 30-June 08
  • Location:Indianapolis
  • Interests:Football

Posted 13 January 2009 - 09:15 PM

Cot's, Dessembrae, Hood....
Size matters not.
0

#3 User is offline   Aptorian 

  • How you doin?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War
  • Posts: 22,899
  • Joined: 22-May 06

Posted 13 January 2009 - 09:23 PM

I moved it to the Dust of Dreams forum. I hope that is alright since it's the most up to date forum where any topic can be discussed.

Lets see, people we know were there or should have been.

Brood (I think), Dancer, Dassem (May have been there), His Daughter, Hood, Gethol, 1000 andii, among them Korlat, perhaps Rake, Crone.

I can't think of any more.

EDIT: Hmm come to think of it, it's possible that the 1000 andii and the unveiling of KG took place at an earlier chaining, but we don't know.
0

#4 User is offline   Atlas 

  • Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Posts: 6
  • Joined: 20-December 08

Posted 13 January 2009 - 09:28 PM

yes i know that Dancer, Kellavened (sp), Dassem Ultor, Hood, the pre-ascedent version of Queen of Dreams, Lady Envy, Anomander Rake, and 40 other Tiste Andi were there. However there are mentions of other people being there. From what I gather it was a large gathering. Dunno if Brood was there but I know that Burn had to be there in some form for the crippled god to be chained against her so to speak. Also Rake told Whiskeyjack that Fener was a large part of the chaining. Kalam speculated that Bellurdan was there. So, I was wondering (becuase I have only read the core 8 books) if I have forgotten mention of anyone. Maybe there were people mentioned in other books that I have not read or there were other people I have simply forgotten. Please let me know thanx.
0

#5 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

  • Believer
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Posts: 7,577
  • Joined: 30-June 08
  • Location:Indianapolis
  • Interests:Football

Posted 13 January 2009 - 09:31 PM

You pretty much have it. No new information about it in RotCG.
Size matters not.
0

#6 User is offline   Atlas 

  • Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Posts: 6
  • Joined: 20-December 08

Posted 13 January 2009 - 09:34 PM

View PostAptorian, on Jan 13 2009, 10:23 PM, said:

I moved it to the Dust of Dreams forum. I hope that is alright since it's the most up to date forum where any topic can be discussed.

Lets see, people we know were there or should have been.

Brood (I think), Dancer, Dassem (May have been there), His Daughter, Hood, Gethol, 1000 andii, among them Korlat, perhaps Rake, Crone.

I can't think of any more.

EDIT: Hmm come to think of it, it's possible that the 1000 andii and the unveiling of KG took place at an earlier chaining, but we don't know.



I believe it was only 40 Tiste Andi, cuz in MoI when Rake tells Korlat that she has permission to unviel KG she says something like, last time we did it (at the chaining) there were only 40 of us, what could 1000 do. However on a seperate note is it known for fact that Bellurdan and Nightchill were there. Because if Nightchill was there, K'Rul was prolly also close by. Also is it ever known if Icarium was there, I think this would be before he forgot his memories, as theres a part in GotM when Rake recalls himself and Icarium fighting and Brood trying to seperate them up (this is when Rake sees the calander device machine Icarium made in Daru. Furthermore if this was before Icarium lost his memory than doesnt that mean that Gothos could have also been present at the time. Lastly, where any of the Imass present?
0

#7 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

  • Believer
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Posts: 7,577
  • Joined: 30-June 08
  • Location:Indianapolis
  • Interests:Football

Posted 13 January 2009 - 09:37 PM

View PostAtlas, on Jan 13 2009, 04:34 PM, said:

View PostAptorian, on Jan 13 2009, 10:23 PM, said:

I moved it to the Dust of Dreams forum. I hope that is alright since it's the most up to date forum where any topic can be discussed.

Lets see, people we know were there or should have been.

Brood (I think), Dancer, Dassem (May have been there), His Daughter, Hood, Gethol, 1000 andii, among them Korlat, perhaps Rake, Crone.

I can't think of any more.

EDIT: Hmm come to think of it, it's possible that the 1000 andii and the unveiling of KG took place at an earlier chaining, but we don't know.



I believe it was only 40 Tiste Andi, cuz in MoI when Rake tells Korlat that she has permission to unviel KG she says something like, last time we did it (at the chaining) there were only 40 of us, what could 1000 do. However on a seperate note is it known for fact that Bellurdan and Nightchill were there. Because if Nightchill was there, K'Rul was prolly also close by. Also is it ever known if Icarium was there, I think this would be before he forgot his memories, as theres a part in GotM when Rake recalls himself and Icarium fighting and Brood trying to seperate them up (this is when Rake sees the calander device machine Icarium made in Daru. Furthermore if this was before Icarium lost his memory than doesnt that mean that Gothos could have also been present at the time. Lastly, where any of the Imass present?


You are getting into multiple chainings. Icarium has been screwed up for hundreds of thousands of years.
Size matters not.
0

#8 User is offline   Aptorian 

  • How you doin?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War
  • Posts: 22,899
  • Joined: 22-May 06

Posted 13 January 2009 - 09:39 PM

Ah, yes of course, 40 not 1000, got that scene mixed up.

K'rull can not have been there because he was only able to manifest again because of the blood spilled in his temple.

Envy was not there, that was the reason to why Dassems daughter was used.
0

#9 User is offline   Lisheo 

  • Difference Engineer
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Posts: 2,306
  • Joined: 04-June 07
  • Location:Slowly returning, piece by piece.
  • Interests:All of the things.

Posted 13 January 2009 - 09:50 PM

I wonder whether or not Osric was there? It seems he's been out of action for a long time.
“People have wanted to narrate since first we banged rocks together & wondered about fire. There’ll be tellings as long as there are any of us here, until the stars disappear one by one like turned-out lights.”
- China Mieville
0

#10 User is offline   Atlas 

  • Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Posts: 6
  • Joined: 20-December 08

Posted 13 January 2009 - 09:57 PM

Still, its kinda a suprise that the Imass would not be involved. I know they only care about Jaghut but I mean I think this would supercede that. It would be interesting to see Hood and the Imass interact with him once being a Jaghut. I wonder if they know Hood is a Jaghut?
0

#11 User is offline   Urizen 

  • First Sword
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Posts: 517
  • Joined: 13-August 08
  • Location:Sweden

Posted 13 January 2009 - 09:58 PM

Oponn, Fener and his Mortal Sword at the time (Fanald of Cawn Vor) was also at the last Chaining.
" Ah, I despair, or I would if I cared enough. No, instead, I will make some ashcakes. Which I will not share."
0

#12 User is offline   Atlas 

  • Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Posts: 6
  • Joined: 20-December 08

Posted 13 January 2009 - 10:02 PM

Do we know why exactly Fenere was so vital to the chaining and why Togg and Fanderfay wouldnt be able to make up for his loss? I always assumed those 2 were stronger than Fener simply because they were elder gods. Although it always seems like the new and young are always winning over the old and powerful in Malazan.
0

#13 User is offline   D'rek 

  • Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators
  • Posts: 12,208
  • Joined: 08-August 07
  • Location::

Posted 13 January 2009 - 11:19 PM

No, we don't really know why Fener was so important, but I'm pretty sure the statement is made in contrast to Treach, before T&F get involved in HHWar, so maybe they can do whatever Fener did.

Also note, it's likely Rake went to a chaining. The book Kruppe reads in GotM says 5 black dragons tiste andii left Moon's Spawn to go to a chaining. That would probably be the same 4 that fight Raest with Silanah and Rake himself.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.
0

#14 User is offline   Ain't_It_Just_ 

  • What a story, Mark!
  • Group: LHTEC
  • Posts: 2,366
  • Joined: 17-January 08
  • Location:Oz
  • Interests:So many.
  • Welcome stranger!

Posted 14 January 2009 - 04:28 AM

Interesting thing about that; in GotM we could have discovered Dassem's identity straight off, because it said "Dessembrae, then Hood's Warrior..."

Perhaps Fener is important because his warren borders on Chaos, and that is the CG's power.
Suck it Errant!


"It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum...and I'm all out of gum."

QUOTE (KeithF @ Jun 30 2009, 09:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It has been proven beyond all reasonable doubt that the most powerful force on Wu is a bunch of messed-up Malazans with Moranth munitions.


0

#15 User is offline   D'rek 

  • Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators
  • Posts: 12,208
  • Joined: 08-August 07
  • Location::

Posted 14 January 2009 - 03:13 PM

View PostAin't_It_Just_, on Jan 13 2009, 11:28 PM, said:

Perhaps Fener is important because his warren borders on Chaos, and that is the CG's power.


I've always hated that line.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.
0

#16 User is offline   Aptorian 

  • How you doin?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War
  • Posts: 22,899
  • Joined: 22-May 06

Posted 14 January 2009 - 04:32 PM

All the warrens border on chaos. I think the mention of proximety to chaos is a reference to it being one of the oldest warrens. Like Dark allegedly being the oldest and closest thing to chaos even though it is also the exact opposite.
0

#17 User is offline   Hoods_Balls 

  • Sapper
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Posts: 44
  • Joined: 30-December 08
  • Location:Iowa
  • Interests:Reading, Movies, College Footbal (Hawkeyes), the gym, lots of Bar hopping. That pretty much fills my dance card these days.
  • Go Hawks!

Posted 14 January 2009 - 05:15 PM

Im pretty sure Rake was present at all of the chainings.

Icarium, and Burn could not have been there.
Burn has been asleep/ and Icarium non cognizant for far to long.
The last chaining could have been no more than a hundred years ago...as Kellanved and Dancer were present.
Also Togg and Fanderay had not found eachother yet.
"I have no excuses, least of all for God. Like all tyrants, he is not worthy of the spit you would waste on negotiations. The deal we have is infinitely simpler – I don't call him to account, and he extends me the same courtesy."
0

#18 User is offline   Aptorian 

  • How you doin?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War
  • Posts: 22,899
  • Joined: 22-May 06

Posted 14 January 2009 - 05:23 PM

The last chaining has to have taken place a short time before NoK. It was this event that caused the split between Hood and Dassem.

Icarium only seems to suffer from short term memory loss when he goes apeshit. Meaning he doesn't remember what he did and where it was, but the long periods where he's not in WMD mode he is all there. That means he could have been at the chaining all though risking his presence at the chaining might not have been wanted.
0

#19 User is offline   Epiph 

  • High Fist
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Posts: 426
  • Joined: 15-April 08
  • Location:Austin. TX

Posted 14 January 2009 - 06:52 PM

View PostAtlas, on Jan 13 2009, 03:28 PM, said:

yes i know that Dancer, Kellavened (sp), Dassem Ultor, Hood, the pre-ascedent version of Queen of Dreams, Lady Envy, Anomander Rake, and 40 other Tiste Andi were there.


Kellenved MAY have been there, but I don't think he is explicitly mentioned. Only Dancer is explicitly mentioned. And Lady Envy was not there, thus the whole Dassem's daughter debacle.
<--angry purple ball of yarn wielding crochet hooks. How does that fail to designate my sex?
0

#20 User is offline   Ain't_It_Just_ 

  • What a story, Mark!
  • Group: LHTEC
  • Posts: 2,366
  • Joined: 17-January 08
  • Location:Oz
  • Interests:So many.
  • Welcome stranger!

Posted 15 January 2009 - 08:32 AM

Was Spite present at the last Chaining? Or one of the Chainings?
Suck it Errant!


"It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum...and I'm all out of gum."

QUOTE (KeithF @ Jun 30 2009, 09:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It has been proven beyond all reasonable doubt that the most powerful force on Wu is a bunch of messed-up Malazans with Moranth munitions.


0

Share this topic:


Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users