• « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The new Doctor Who.

#141 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 18 April 2010 - 01:45 PM

polishgenius, on 17 April 2010 - 09:25 PM, said:

By "retarded" I hope you mean FUCKING AWESOME because that's what it was.

There were plenty of stupid things about that episode though. I liked it, but it was daft.

Also, that link QT linked to is interesting, but I'd take it more seriously if the screenshot used as evidence for there being no cars post-90s didn't have a post-90s Nissan Micra right at the front of the shot. Also, Moffatt's denied the badge thing.

Yeah, that's the thing though. This is a 1992 or around there that is WAY too advanced...two parts of time and space that should never have touched....something is definitely going on.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#142 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside

Posted 18 April 2010 - 02:13 PM

Interesting. One thing we can rule out is continuity errors, since Moffat is exact to the very tiniest details. Having seen the Confidential where they showed how they created Leadworth, I am convinced that there will be not a single mistake in the production of this series. Which leaves us with "oh big crazy madness!" that will all become clear later on. I can't wait!
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#143 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 18 April 2010 - 02:24 PM

Apart from that 1990 badge, obviously.
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#144 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 18 April 2010 - 03:00 PM

...and now we have Amy not knowing the Daleks (from The Stolen Earth and journey's End) referenced in "Victory Of The Daleks" (epsiode 3) and the Doctor saying "They invaded your planet, not something you forget" and she says she doesn't know what he's on about" and he says that's impossible".

Yup, safely assume SOMETHING is going on.

Mofatt...King of Wibbly-Wobbly Timey-Wimey...anyone have a sneaky suspicion this all has something to do with the Weeping Angels? What if they sent ALL of earth back in time to feed on the energy....BLINK on a large scale if you will.

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 18 April 2010 - 03:01 PM

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#145 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside

Posted 20 April 2010 - 09:31 AM

Illuyankas, on 18 April 2010 - 02:24 PM, said:

Apart from that 1990 badge, obviously.

Seriously, they had Leadworth postcards outside the Post Office, that you never even see, that's the level of detail going on here. Moffat may be stringing it along, pretending it's bullshit, but they're not going to make a mistake in something like that.
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#146 User is offline   Cougar 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • View gallery
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 20 April 2010 - 10:01 AM

I read in one of my wife's mags' that Matt Smith has a big cock.

I have nothing else to add to this thread.
I AM A TWAT

#147 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 22 April 2010 - 12:50 AM

Victory Of The Daleks full review over at my blog.

http://codexpopulari...421155236866733

#148 User is offline   McLovin 

• Cutlery Enthusiast
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Knives. Stabbing. Stabbing with knives.

Posted 22 April 2010 - 05:56 PM

Finally got to see it in the States.

After spending the first few minutes getting over I H8 U MATT SMITH DAVID TENNANT BEST DOKTAR EVAR!!!!, I have to say I enjoyed the episode. New doctors are always a bit over-the-top their first ep out, but Smith showed a nice ability to reel it in when called for. So, seems like he'll be a worthy Doctor. Can't wait to see the rest of this season!
OK, I think I got it, but just in case, can you say the whole thing over again? I wasn't really listening.

#149 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 25 April 2010 - 04:52 AM

THE TIME Of ANGELS......Now THAT, was a PROPER, SERIOUSLY AWESOME, BADASSERY INCARNATE, MUTHA FUZUCKIN' episode of Doctor Who!

Eff me can't wait for part 2!

Also, LOVING the Doctor's developing relationship to Amy. She stands up to him now and calls him Grumpyface. So great!

#150 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside

Posted 25 April 2010 - 04:48 PM

That was pretty good. I'm a bit confused with the whole background of the episode, but I suppose random happenings are the default setting for Doctor Who, there doesn't really need to be any reason for them... next episode looks good though, especially if he's finally going to start noticing the cracks :Urb:

#151 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:beer, party.

Posted 26 April 2010 - 01:58 PM

Oh shit yeah.

Just finished the first season last night and got halfway through the christmas special immediately after.

Scene where Rose comes out of the TARDIS with glowing eyes and stops the Dalek death-ray with her hand was pure sci-fi cheesy glory. The part immediately after where Eccelston makes out with rose and absorbs the time vortex in the process was even better.

That entire 2 part episode was pure unadulterated single-malt, triple-distilled, peat-filtered, 25 year-aged WIN.

EXTERMINATE EXTERMINATE EXTERMINATE

could there BE a more perfect scifi villain than the dalek?

I do not think so.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#152 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 27 April 2010 - 12:32 AM

cerveza_fiesta, on 26 April 2010 - 01:58 PM, said:

Oh shit yeah.

Just finished the first season last night and got halfway through the christmas special immediately after.

Scene where Rose comes out of the TARDIS with glowing eyes and stops the Dalek death-ray with her hand was pure sci-fi cheesy glory. The part immediately after where Eccelston makes out with rose and absorbs the time vortex in the process was even better.

That entire 2 part episode was pure unadulterated single-malt, triple-distilled, peat-filtered, 25 year-aged WIN.

EXTERMINATE EXTERMINATE EXTERMINATE

could there BE a more perfect scifi villain than the dalek?

I do not think so.

...and you haven't even seen David Tennant in the role yet...just wait...just wait! It gets SOOOO GOOD!!

#153 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside

Posted 27 April 2010 - 08:25 AM

Sometimes I wish Ecclestone was still the doctor... that is a brilliant series.

#154 User is offline   cerveza_fiesta 

• Outdoor Tractivities !
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:beer, party.

Posted 27 April 2010 - 02:35 PM

I'm officially in love with the daleks. They are everything a cheesy sci fi vilain should be:

• Outrageously costumed
  • Ridiculously overpowered
  • Completely beligerant
  • Unfeeling
  • Uncaring
  • Fanatic

I think I actually like them more than the BORG...which is saying a lot.

And the pulsing lights on their heads to indicate which one is talking...at first I thought "way over the top on cheese levels guys" but then I realized, in a society of identical pulsating porkchops in identical armored battlesuits, how the hell else would you know who's talking??

Pretty stoked to get into the new doctor's seasons.
........oOOOOOo
......//| | |oO
.....|| | | | O....
BEERS!

\\| | | |

........'-----'

#155 User is offline   McLovin 

• Cutlery Enthusiast

Posted 27 April 2010 - 04:52 PM

Personally, I hate the Daleks. I mean, everyone should hate the Daleks, they're the fncking DALEKS, but I mean I don't like the portrayal/design. They're a little too cheesy for the current iteration of the show.
OK, I think I got it, but just in case, can you say the whole thing over again? I wasn't really listening.

#156 User is offline   Sir Thursday 

• House Knight
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 27 April 2010 - 05:41 PM

Unfortunately, RTD liked them so much that they got overused into oblivion :Urb:.
Don't look now, but I think there's something weird attached to the bottom of my posts.

#157 User is offline   polishgenius 

• Heart of Courage
  • Group: LHTEC

Posted 27 April 2010 - 07:39 PM

I like the Daleks, but they're way overused, they stop being a threat.
I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you.

#158 User is offline   McLovin 

• Cutlery Enthusiast

Posted 27 April 2010 - 07:52 PM

Be nice to see Moffat declare a moratorium on Daleks, Cybermen, Sontarans, etc. and focus on new baddies, like the Weeping Angels. Seems like the new series works best when they don't rehash old baddies (except John Simm as the Master, he was brilliant).

#159 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 27 April 2010 - 11:12 PM

I disagree.

I think that if the Daleks are held to a certain level, they totally still work. The episode DALEK, for example, from Eccelstones season was awesome, and say what you will but THE STOLEN EARTH/JOURNEY'S END (Daleks & Davros) was awesome too.

I think that Moffat used them well for the 11th Doctor's tenure with VICTORY OF THE DALEKS (and Matt Smith mirrored Eccelstones absolute horror and revulsion of them, as opposed to Tennant's somewhat less angry approach to them) and even wiped the slate clean of Davies' Era Daleks themselves...and the new Daleks were bigger and even sounded scarier. Loved that!

I have a feeling that if he uses them again it will be just as inventive as he made them in that episode.

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 27 April 2010 - 11:14 PM

#160 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 11 May 2010 - 02:04 AM

Okay, so some new developments as of The Vampires In Venice:

-At the beginning of the storm Rosanna stands on the balcony and next to her a is stone statue of Prisoner Zero from The Eleventh Hour.

-When they speak about the cracks in the universe....some tiny (the TARDIS keyhole) and some as big as the universe (the shape of the sun hitting the clouds after the storm clears is the crack as well)

-Amy is definitely the lynch pin for the whole series right now and the Doctor is really trying to sort it all. out.

-Watch the second Weeping Angel part FLESH AND STONE very carefully. The Doctor, loses his jacket to the Angels in the secondary control room, then finds everyone in the forest...sans jacket... tells Amy she must stay, with her eyes shut, while they find the primary control room, and off they go....then a few seconds later the camera settles on Amy's lap and the Doctor tenderly grabs her hand, and in a much softer tone tells her that it has never been more important for her to trust him, and that she must remember what he told her when she was 7....to which she responds what did you tell me...and he says no, that's the point...she must remember on her own....in that shot he is wearing the jacket again. My thought is that this is a future version of the Doctor coming back at a moment where he won't see himself, during his efforts to put right, whatever has gone wrong with the universe. Moffat is supremely ameticulous about every last detail, so the jacket being on in that shot won't be a mistake, it is on purpose.

-I'm not sure what's going on, but I really, really think this is going to be a very interesting series when you can watch it as a whole. There is ALOT going on in every episode.

Share this topic:

• 91 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users