#1121 User is offline   D'riss 

• Recruit
  • Group: Game alts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 05:44 AM

okay, that was my defence on the points of
i) questioning Kas' vote
ii) not making any cases
iii) being passive
iv) making that ultra-incriminating post.

if i've missed anything, let me know.
I'm going to bed, long day was long, and tomorrow's full of wonderful classes, and I've gotta help with the exhibition display again, but i'll have my laptop on me, so i'll be able to contribute more/adresss any further questions.
I'll also check in when I wake up. As we are in weekend freeze already, I'd ask that you at least let me be present when you lynch me.

ok, good night.

#1122 User is offline   Gamelon 

• Recruit

Posted 28 November 2008 - 07:59 AM

Anyone else around, or are you still stuffed with turkey? :D

#1123 User is offline   Gamelon 

• Recruit

Posted 28 November 2008 - 08:41 AM

As for his answers to my case, they are not bad but I can counter-answer them.

He says he was saying the day lynch was between Rashan and Liosan in response to Kaschan that was not voting for one of them. Well, a bit earlier D'riss has been saying a few times that Kaschan was high on his suspect list, so if D'riss was an inno meaning to lynch killer a better answer would have been "well, that settles it for me, you ARE suspicious, vote Kachan." There wer hours left in the day, and D'riss was around until deadline, so there was no problem re-adjusting his vote for a lynch after passing his message about Kaschan. But that involves sticking your neck out if it does turn out Kaschan ends up lynched.

View PostD'riss, on Nov 28 2008, 05:40 AM, said:

okay, so I was responding to the italicised part.
Fener is saying that me jumping second on the train after Rashan makes me fishy, as that is something a symp (which is what he's calling me) would do, following his master.

I do believe in clarifying people's mistakes, even if it may not have been important--like I explained earlier I do not know what exactly Rashan was thinking voting Liosan, he may have just been agro voting same as me. I'm not him, I don't know.

If someone says "You're Rashan's symp because you followed him on the Liosan train", all you have to answer is "well, duh, I voted first so you're full of it". You don't need to add "if Rashan is my symp I would be annoyed" unless that's something you're already been wondering.

As for being passive, well he did provode an answer to that, i.e. he was busy. That's hard to counter-argue, but one thing that means is that he did NOT deny being passive, and I maintain that passivity is one of the killers tactics, specially in the early game.

This post has been edited by Gamelon: 28 November 2008 - 08:42 AM

#1124 User is offline   Silanah 

• Recruit

Posted 28 November 2008 - 08:55 AM

hmmm, i am in now. not exactly much to look over is there.

@thyrllan - the linkage isnt two way, driss and rashan both made remarks about you after just a few posts. kas put a vote on you when there was no chance of a lynch and two trains already getting started so it could easily have been distancing as there was also a vote on him i think at the time.

@driss - dmanit i dont know if english isnt your first language, and i will feel like a prick for voting someone off because of grammar, as you can probably tell i struggle with it and english is my first language and personally that post is what convinced me of your killerish ways because you did say if he was my symp, with no contextualisation about this being a hypothetical situation were you were a killer. Stuff like that MUST be implied, otherwise it looks really bad. Put beside the post you are responding to it would make some sense with the clarifying statement before hand, but...

i dont know really, i want to hear from everyone else, as things stand thyr is implicated only by his association with driss, which is one sided, but killers arent always on the ball togetehr, so while thyr has done well in not associating in his posts with driss there is a definite evidence of a link the other way from driss to thyr which when taken in context isnt that serious because at the time they were just general statements about the game. This to me is a crucial distinction because if it had of been when thyr was under pressure i doubt his partner would come to his aid. Statements reducing someones suspicion when there is little already are good ways of keeping that person from the spotlight.

i notice no one else came on, so we are in effect on a weekend break and indeed the freeze has started, so i guess htis could take a while. Personally i think kaschan or driss, both have one monumentally scummy post behind them and i guess we have to decipher which one is worse. In context driss looks bad because he forgot a vital part of what he supposedly was trying to say. whereas kaschan claims the intent was totally misguided and an error.

I guess we just have to decide which is the genuine mistake. I will leave my vote where it is, but would change it if the majority goes one way or the other.

#1125 User is offline   Silanah 

• Recruit

Posted 28 November 2008 - 09:46 AM

how slow has this game become :D

#1126 User is offline   Gamelon 

• Recruit

Posted 28 November 2008 - 10:22 AM

I'm around but we can hardly do more but wait :D

#1127 User is offline   Silanah 

• Recruit

Posted 28 November 2008 - 10:46 AM

well which do you prefer after their defences? i think if there are two votes on a player the others would probably follow suit, i cant see anyone coming to eithers defence, and with only eight players to get a lynch, 2 is a strong block. Which way we choose effectively sets the days lynch.

personally i am torn between both, but would be happy for either to go as i think they could both be scum so its a matter of which is the higher chnace of being scum as i dont want to get it wrong today when it could make or break the game.

#1128 User is offline   Silanah 

• Recruit

Posted 28 November 2008 - 10:59 AM

gods i am bored, roll on the weekend.

#1129 User is offline   Gamelon 

• Recruit

Posted 28 November 2008 - 11:50 AM

View PostSilanah, on Nov 28 2008, 11:46 AM, said:

well which do you prefer after their defences? i think if there are two votes on a player the others would probably follow suit, i cant see anyone coming to eithers defence, and with only eight players to get a lynch, 2 is a strong block. Which way we choose effectively sets the days lynch.

personally i am torn between both, but would be happy for either to go as i think they could both be scum so its a matter of which is the higher chnace of being scum as i dont want to get it wrong today when it could make or break the game.

I gave my answers to D'riss' defense. Without being unduly stubborn I'll keep my vote there for now. I can't go and make new cases on other players, that won't help since it's not like everyone will come back to play if I do.

For now I wait to see if anyone has some reason to make me believe someone else is a good target, or that I'm full of it with D'riss.

#1130 User is offline   Silanah 

• Recruit

Posted 28 November 2008 - 11:57 AM

i agree otherwise i would change my vote back, but dull work is dull and i be very very bored.

#1131 User is offline   Gamelon 

• Recruit

Posted 28 November 2008 - 12:28 PM

remove vote vote Silanah, defend yourself you scummy bastard!

#1132 User is offline   Thyrllan 

• Recruit

Posted 28 November 2008 - 12:38 PM

Ok have just read through D'riss' defence and it doesnt do anything to alleviate my fears, he seems to be skirting most of the issues by making it appear he's answering them but really just working round them. If anything its just made me more suspicious of him. So now
Vote D'riss

#1133 User is offline   Silanah 

• Recruit

Posted 28 November 2008 - 12:47 PM

@gamelon - i cant i am a bastard!!, not scummy, but a bastard all the same :D

@thyrllan - good so that gives us l-2, now we just need other players to show up.

#1134 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 28 November 2008 - 12:49 PM

It's day 3. There's about 25 hours left of the day

8 players remain:
Thyrllan, Kaschan, D'riss, Korlat, Liosan, Gamelon, Fener, Silanah

5 votes needed to lynch
4 votes needed to go to night

3 vote for D'riss (Thyrllan, Silanah, Gamelon)

Players who have not voted:
Kaschan, D'riss, Korlat, Liosan, Fener

This mod's PC has gone bonkers and now ALL the text on this forum is bolded for some reason :D So I'm assuming that whenever I see the words vote and a name they're bolded until I sort this out... Sorry for any confusion - I'm not sure if Gam's vote was a joke or not.

Edit - overrode firefox's default text settings. Looks horrible, bu I can see bold again. Fixed the vote count

This post has been edited by Path-Shaper: 28 November 2008 - 12:58 PM

Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#1135 User is offline   Silanah 

• Recruit

Posted 28 November 2008 - 12:50 PM

hey that wasnt bolded!!!! cheeky git.

#1136 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 28 November 2008 - 12:53 PM

View PostSilanah, on Nov 28 2008, 01:50 PM, said:

hey that wasnt bolded!!!! cheeky git.

See above... :D
Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#1137 User is offline   D'riss 

• Recruit

Posted 28 November 2008 - 12:59 PM

yawn
good morning all

checking the thread, in th eungodly mornoing hours, before I have to go help with the display again.

to go in order
Gamelon--as to why I did not start a train on Kas after his "waste vote"--2 major reasons
i) I realized that concincing some of you, esp those who have expressed a stone-cold certainty that Rashan was to be the day 2 lynch--would require a knockdown case. and while I had the time to check the thread regularly and post, I did NOT have the time to maka a case like that.
ii) I hate to say this, but the impression I got about the inevitability of an either Rashan or Liosan lynch was influenced by the way they were BOTH saying it--each one about himself--especially after that in-thread tantrum by Liosan.

Now, my reason for adding that poorly-worded-symp-comment-that-will-in-all-likelyhood-see-me-lynched in response to fener, look at the context:
by placing vote second, I was accused of being a possible symp
by claiing that Rash was in fact second, I would (according to Fener's logic), accuse Rashan of being symp. Now, this was beginning of day 2, prior to when I asked you and several others to summarize the reasons why exactly Rashan seemed scummy. At that point, Rashan seemed perfectly reasonable to me, (especially compared to Liosan), and the only stuff I was on him at that point was day 1 behaviour, which I am always wary of stressing too much. So, by attempting (ever so poorly, it would appear)to refute Fener's logic, I was also defending Rashan in a way, whom I strongly thought was inno at the time.

@ Silanah: short of alt-revealing (which I kind of did anyhow, I thought), I can't prove to you that i'm not a native English-speaker. however, I can assure that's not something I'd lie about--I value my Ukrainian credentials too much for it. of course, I realize that meta's horrible defense, and there are people here that will galdly vote me off just for that, but really, I have no way of proving to you that it was a linguistic fuckup rahter than a killer slip.

@ Thyr:
please explain exactly what am I "working around". With examples, if possible.
I was actually hoping that (esp. during day 2), I have made my opinions clear on what I was thinking at a given time. If you do not like something, please point ot what it is, don't just go making generalizations about my behavior.

#1138 User is offline   D'riss 

• Recruit

Posted 28 November 2008 - 01:00 PM

k, off to shower now, back shortly

#1139 User is offline   Silanah 

• Recruit

Posted 28 November 2008 - 01:17 PM

i dont know mate - it is still a big slip, i will feel really shit if you come back inno, but much worse if i didnt vote and you come back guilty.

edited to add if i didnt vote.

This post has been edited by Silanah: 28 November 2008 - 01:19 PM

#1140 User is offline   D'riss 

• Recruit

Posted 28 November 2008 - 01:22 PM

sigh
really isn't much I can do atm to prove i'm inno, short of dying. :p

I do want to know why Thyr just dropped a vote on me--it took me like an hour to write that defence, at least he could've pointed out what he didn't like :D

Share this topic:

• 77 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

61 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 61 guests, 0 anonymous users