• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

malazan mafia 34,5 mini but I don't want to be king

#601 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 25 November 2008 - 06:20 PM

A fruit vendor sits picking his nose in the early hours of the morning. Gods know noone will buy anything at this hour, but anything is better than going home and listening to his wife. He looks down at his stall, an upturned crate slowly sinking into the mud. Some squid, various mushrooms and a lonely, prized, apple.

A stranger walks up to the stall.

thud

"Ooh, what a charming little emporium, may I peruse your wears?"
"You're not from around here are you?"

thud

"What? I've lived here all my life! I'm the very definition of an Ambergris citizen."
"Well I've never seen you before."
"Nonsense, everyone knows me - I have the coolest avatar!"
"What the hell are you talking about?"

thud

"I'm Ambergris's most premier citizen - I've even been invited to a greycap tea-party. Such a wonderful affair those are."
"Listen, I dont sell to nutjobs, so move along please."
"Nutjob? Whatever are you talking about? Besides, I'm hungry, let me see what you have for sale."

thud

"I said I'm not selling anything to you, get lost."
"The indignancy. I refuse to leave until you've provided me with some food."
"No!"
"Fine"

The stranger proceeds to sit down in the mud in front of the stall.

thud

"I'm not moving until you agree to sell me something."
"Look, you can have this apple if you just leave"
"I dont want it."

thud

"Why not, it's an apple! You know how hard it is to find apples? It's not even a week old"
"Well, because there's a crossbow bolt sticking out from it."

Sure enough, the prized apple is pinned to the stall by a wicked looking bolt.

"I cant imagine why you decided to decorate your stall in such a gloomy manner, but you've certainly been thorough. Although I must admit, the feathers are rather fetching"

Looking down, the stall keeper realises that his stall is bristling with crossbow bolts.

"wha..."

thud

The stall keeper looks up, to see that the stranger is lying face first in the mud. Knowing the mud around here, not the most hygenic of posistions. Which is in anycase a moot point, considering the large crossbow bolt sticking out the back of the stranger's head.

"aagh"

The stall keeper picks up his crate, bolts and all, and hurriedly shambles off into an alley.

"I think I better go check on the wife..."

Anomandaris (Gem Windcaster) is dead - she was inno
Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#602 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 25 November 2008 - 06:21 PM

It's day 2. There's 36 hours left of the day.

10 players remain:
Thyrllan, Rashan, Kaschan, D'riss, Korlat, Liosan, Gamelon, Tennes, Fener, Silanah

6 votes needed to lynch
5 votes needed to go to night

Players who have not voted:
Thyrllan, Rashan, Kaschan, D'riss, Korlat, Liosan, Gamelon, Tennes, Fener, Silanah
Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#603 User is offline   Rashan 

• Recruit
  • Group: Game alts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 06:21 PM

What

The

Fuck

#604 User is offline   Silanah 

• Recruit

Posted 25 November 2008 - 06:23 PM

View PostRashan, on Nov 25 2008, 06:01 PM, said:

Alright, fair enough, Silanah.

I have to bring something else up.
When I suggested that Liosan was drawing attention from Ano, it was before he had explained he was fishing for a reaction. Hell, it could even have been before PS disregarded his "Ninja", I can't remember.
When he explained why, I did change my mind to consider the possibility that he was more likely inno than not. If he was a killer, that was a risky move, and a symp and killer couldn't have planned it so perfectly. Ano would probably have given something away.
Then again, I could be wrong.
When the idea of Lios being scum helping Ano came up again, I merely dredged up the fact I had considered it. I don't see what's so scummy here. I don't think he's a Almost Confirmed Inno, I think he's a Possible Inno.

whos that directed at? i said the exact same thing when i got on? as i remember you said he was PI and ano VPI, can you quote where you said differently?

#605 User is offline   Thyrllan 

• Recruit

Posted 25 November 2008 - 06:26 PM

Bloody Hell, as I leave last night we get a fake ninja then when I get back this morning the board is down and I find out a real ninja struck with a large amount of time still in the day killing 2 innos.
Anos reaction to the fake ninja makes him more likely innocent to me, am not sure at all about wth Liosan was playing at but I cant see scum drawing attention to themselves quite like that unless he is a symp and knows he will CF innocent, but still that is really strange.
As for Gams vote on me, well fine I said I hadnt contributed a hell of a lot yesterday and the points he made were valid, although in my defense there was still 20 hours of day left to place a vote as more evidence came in.
About other people I'm not sure yet as ive just skimmed through the thread to catch up after the board being down and that was all I could really remember off the top of my head so will try and look back a bit more now.

#606 User is offline   Rashan 

• Recruit

Posted 25 November 2008 - 06:26 PM

View PostSilanah, on Nov 25 2008, 06:23 PM, said:

View PostRashan, on Nov 25 2008, 06:01 PM, said:

Alright, fair enough, Silanah.

I have to bring something else up.
When I suggested that Liosan was drawing attention from Ano, it was before he had explained he was fishing for a reaction. Hell, it could even have been before PS disregarded his "Ninja", I can't remember.
When he explained why, I did change my mind to consider the possibility that he was more likely inno than not. If he was a killer, that was a risky move, and a symp and killer couldn't have planned it so perfectly. Ano would probably have given something away.
Then again, I could be wrong.
When the idea of Lios being scum helping Ano came up again, I merely dredged up the fact I had considered it. I don't see what's so scummy here. I don't think he's a Almost Confirmed Inno, I think he's a Possible Inno.

whos that directed at? i said the exact same thing when i got on? as i remember you said he was PI and ano VPI, can you quote where you said differently?

I think it was you that said it. It's entirely possible that I said Ano was a VPI, because of her response, actually. I thought I only said PI though. My bad.

#607 User is offline   Thyrllan 

• Recruit

Posted 25 November 2008 - 06:28 PM

Ok well we know Ano was inno , which doesnt help us a huge amount as we'd basically figured that out anyway.

#608 User is offline   Rashan 

• Recruit

Posted 25 November 2008 - 06:32 PM

What I'd said was Liosan was VPI and Ano was PI. My bad. I've just kicked my argument in the face, but anyway.
Well, now we know for a fact Ano was an inno.
Interestingly the only two left from that argument are now me and Silanah, the two who are still butting heads...

#609 User is offline   Silanah 

• Recruit

Posted 25 November 2008 - 06:32 PM

bloody hell, that was unexpected. Ano's death certainly doesnt implicate anyone as far as i can tell, i mean she was pursuing shadow relentlessly and had a bit of a go at rashan, but not to the same extent. Yet shadow, one of the main players ano inteacted with is already gone, and rashan was a strong enough target from yesterday to be looked at again today, so unless someone is trying to push attention on rashan and possibly liosan i cant see much logic behind that. I didnt getthe impression ano was roled either, so it does seem designed to simply remove them.

Who else was ano attacking yesterday?

#610 User is offline   Liosan 

• Recruit

Posted 25 November 2008 - 06:34 PM

Possible that the killers just didnt want to risk hitting a symp.
Im gonna go re-read his posts, to check if he was attacking anyone.

#611 User is offline   Silanah 

• Recruit

Posted 25 November 2008 - 06:36 PM

View PostRashan, on Nov 25 2008, 06:32 PM, said:

What I'd said was Liosan was VPI and Ano was PI. My bad. I've just kicked my argument in the face, but anyway.
Well, now we know for a fact Ano was an inno.
Interestingly the only two left from that argument are now me and Silanah, the two who are still butting heads...

i am beginning to think the killers are lausing us as a filler. If there are three of them say 2 killers and a symp, we could lose this game after tomorrows lynch, which makes liosan, though a tempting target given yesterdays outburst, a very dangerous lynch today. If they are inno we will possibly be down to 8 come tomorrow with only luck hopefully having removed a symp and i always play worst case scenario.

I suggest putting our fight on hold rashan for twelve hours, i am going to fuck off and let other people jump on and post, i will check the thread regularly and post, but i think i want to sit back and watch for a while, given the small number of players involved it would be easy for the killers to let us hog the limelight and then watch as we lynch each other.

#612 User is offline   Rashan 

• Recruit

Posted 25 November 2008 - 06:37 PM

View PostSilanah, on Nov 25 2008, 06:32 PM, said:

bloody hell, that was unexpected. Ano's death certainly doesnt implicate anyone as far as i can tell, i mean she was pursuing shadow relentlessly and had a bit of a go at rashan, but not to the same extent. Yet shadow, one of the main players ano inteacted with is already gone, and rashan was a strong enough target from yesterday to be looked at again today, so unless someone is trying to push attention on rashan and possibly liosan i cant see much logic behind that. I didnt getthe impression ano was roled either, so it does seem designed to simply remove them.

As far as I can remember, just Shadow. I kept trying to goad her into voting me because I couldn't understand her reluctance to vote me. Even when we started arguing ridiculously, she never really accused me of much.
I think they are trying to keep you and me going and hide behind that. Just a gut feeling though. So far we've(Me, you, Shadow, and Ano) more or less dominated the game, and Ano had, since the Liosan Ninja Business, fallen back from the argument, and Shadow had died. This way we keep butting heads and counteracting each other, preventing each other from going after anyone else for the immediate moment. It's what I'd do in that position as a Killer. Hell, it's what I DID in my last game as killer. It's either that or go for the harmless and less damaging quiet target, in my opinion. Poke holes in this idea all you want, say I seem to have thought about it too much, but its my take on the kill.

Edit: crosspost. I agree with you, Sil.

This post has been edited by Rashan: 25 November 2008 - 06:38 PM

#613 User is offline   Silanah 

• Recruit

Posted 25 November 2008 - 06:37 PM

View PostLiosan, on Nov 25 2008, 06:34 PM, said:

Possible that the killers just didnt want to risk hitting a symp.
Im gonna go re-read his posts, to check if he was attacking anyone.

personally i think what you did yesterday was bloody reckless and against the spirit of the game, but i am gonna trust it was just an attempt to catch out an evil and set you aside, if you have played me i will kick morgo for not taking a sterner action and blame him if i lose :rant: so for me that leaves 8 players as possible evils.

#614 User is offline   Silanah 

• Recruit

Posted 25 November 2008 - 06:39 PM

View PostRashan, on Nov 25 2008, 06:37 PM, said:

As far as I can remember, just Shadow. I kept trying to goad her into voting me because I couldn't understand her reluctance to vote me. Even when we started arguing ridiculously, she never really accused me of much.
I think they are trying to keep you and me going and hide behind that. Just a gut feeling though. So far we've(Me, you, Shadow, and Ano) more or less dominated the game, and Ano had, since the Liosan Ninja Business, fallen back from the argument, and Shadow had died. This way we keep butting heads and counteracting each other, preventing each other from going after anyone else for the immediate moment. It's what I'd do in that position as a Killer. Hell, it's what I DID in my last game as killer. It's either that or go for the harmless and less damaging quiet target, in my opinion. Poke holes in this idea all you want, say I seem to have thought about it too much, but its my take on the kill.

read above mate - i totally agree, time to sit back and see what scuttles out. if you are a symp you will still try to hog the limelight, and if you are scum you maybe still have a partner out there somewhere who can slip up, for the moment i am gonna to just wait and see what happens, we have 36 hours i STRONGLY suggest we use them.

#615 User is offline   Liosan 

• Recruit

Posted 25 November 2008 - 06:40 PM

Anomandaris' posts basically attack shadow, rashan, and less so, silanah, for possible distancing or somesuch.

This post has been edited by Liosan: 25 November 2008 - 06:40 PM

#616 User is offline   Rashan 

• Recruit

Posted 25 November 2008 - 06:44 PM

View PostSilanah, on Nov 25 2008, 06:39 PM, said:

View PostRashan, on Nov 25 2008, 06:37 PM, said:

read above mate - i totally agree, time to sit back and see what scuttles out. if you are a symp you will still try to hog the limelight, and if you are scum you maybe still have a partner out there somewhere who can slip up, for the moment i am gonna to just wait and see what happens, we have 36 hours i STRONGLY suggest we use them.

I agree. I'm still going to comment occasionally, but I'm not getting back in the thick of the action again tonight, at the least.

View PostLiosan, on Nov 25 2008, 06:40 PM, said:

Anomandaris' posts basically attack shadow, rashan, and less so, silanah, for possible distancing or somesuch.

We've kept this little argument between ourselves leaving the scum time to hide.
What are your opinions on Gamelon, Korlat, Kaschan, Tennes and D'riss?
I don't get a bad vibe off Fener so far, he's been genuinely helpful(although thats normally bad), but not in a scummy way.

#617 User is offline   Tennes 

• Recruit

Posted 25 November 2008 - 07:11 PM

Ok, so I can kind of understand why the killers would go after Ano/Gem...she was PI, and offing her doesn't leave us with all that many clues while reducing our numbers somewhat.

So casting the net around for suspects, I haven't sifted through everyone's reactions to the Ninja and subsequent NK, but based on what I saw on day 1, top of my list right now are Rashan, Kaschan & Silannah. Kaschan I've already made my thoughts clear about, Rashan because a few things he has said have put up vague dots on my scum-dar, and Silanah because when I was going through the low posters yesterday I spotted two separate cases of suspicious stuff that could be construed as symping - from Kessobahn (RIP) and and D'riss.

I'm going to do a quick reread and see if anything jumps out at me.

#618 User is offline   Tennes 

• Recruit

Posted 25 November 2008 - 07:25 PM

View PostKorlat, on Nov 25 2008, 08:26 AM, said:

No, it's not - we could have lost the ninja without him getting a chance at using his ability. True, it means two dead inno's, but it could have resulted in a dead inno and a dead killer. Worth the risk, imo.

Annoying, but we brought it upon ourselves.

The ninja's ability is double edged - personally I'm of the opinion that using it this early in the game is worse than him not using it at all - the chances were pretty high that he would hit an inno, and 2 dead innos <<< 1 dead inno. Vig and ninja abilities really, really shouldn't be used on day 1 - if there's an obvious enough case that early, you lynch and save the vig/ninja for later.

#619 User is offline   Liosan 

• Recruit

Posted 25 November 2008 - 07:46 PM

Thoughts of the moment:

Anomandaris accused sil of distancing.

Now both Silanah and Rashan have said they're not gonna post much, deliberately.

Now, that just seems to me like a good excuse to hide, and take a back seat, contribute little, and have little chance of any slip up.
If you're around contribute.

It just strikes me as suspicious that two people who would be unlikely connected if one came up guilty, are pretty distacned, are both, at the same time, deciding not to contribute.

#620 User is offline   Tennes 

• Recruit

Posted 25 November 2008 - 07:52 PM

Sorry for the triple post...

Having gone over the last few pages, the only thing that really sticks out (I don't think there's much more to Rashan's reaction than has already been commented on) is Silanah saying it was unexpected that the killers would go for Ano. There has been very little thus far to give the killers any indication of who the RIs are, as far as I can tell (well, Bent was obviously the Ninja, but that doesn't really count :rant:), so why not go with the PI player?

So yeah, that rang a few alarm bells. On the other hand, I can't really criticise for wondering if there was an ulterior motive for offing Gem/Ano...

EDIT: cross post with Liosan

This post has been edited by Tennes: 25 November 2008 - 07:53 PM

Share this topic:

• 77 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

4 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users