• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

malazan mafia 34,5 mini but I don't want to be king

#581 User is offline   Kaschan 

• Recruit
  • Group: Game alts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 01:47 PM

Well that looked a little intense there at the end. Sorry I missed it. I would have been tempted to have voted for Liosan just due to his fake ninja reveal. I never thought that either Shadow or Rashan were playing scummy. Spamming yes but playing scummy no. Hence the no vote.
The fact that Rashan was trying to symp everyone on the board was funny and I played along.

The best case scenario is that Kess was a symp. I don't expect the night kills to reveal much information. There are two many low posters (including myself) that could be hit.

#582 User is offline   Liosan 

• Recruit

Posted 25 November 2008 - 05:17 PM

Hello, im back, and obviously surprised at the ninja. Pity he hit an innocent, hopefully not roled though.

As for those saying " He's a dumb shit if hes roled and did this" im obviously not roled, because im pretty certain im not gonna survive long, although due to people, like sil or gam I think, saying " I'd look at him if he survives a few days", I may.

Post like that make me suspect people more.
Why? A few reasons:

Why say it now? If it would make you start to suspect in a few days, say it then.
Also, it gives the killers ideas, such as, leave off me, and make innos waste a day later.
Its just like setting me up, for an easy lynch as a distraction, wasted day/night, later on, when the pressure is on a killer, or w/e.
I feel me dying soon is probably good, for the innos, because otherwise its possible it will waste a day later, or whatever, so im happy enough to be killed, and no great loss.
If you are a vig, dont, as that IS a waste, because inno is likely to need it later.

#583 User is offline   Liosan 

• Recruit

Posted 25 November 2008 - 05:18 PM

Kaschan, on Nov 25 2008, 03:47 PM, said:

The best case scenario is that Kess was a symp.

Assuming best case scenario isnt a good idea, because its far easier to lose based on a wrong assumption.
Assume the worst, and you wont get nasty surprises.

#584 User is offline   Liosan 

• Recruit

Posted 25 November 2008 - 05:18 PM

Silanah, on Nov 25 2008, 01:58 PM, said:

Come on where the hell is everyone, it may be night but thats no reason not to post!!!

And I agree with this. Stop hiding people.

#585 User is offline   Gamelon 

• Recruit

Posted 25 November 2008 - 05:19 PM

... and we're back :rant:

At the end, Chrome did the same thing. I'm wondering why it took longer to fail than the rest ;)

#586 User is offline   Liosan 

• Recruit

Posted 25 November 2008 - 05:20 PM

Because microsoft got around to hacking it later than the others? :rant:

#587 User is offline   D'riss 

• Recruit

Posted 25 November 2008 - 05:23 PM

okay, that was scary (the forum being down, I mean)
back now

unfortunately, forum being down cut heavily into my designated mafia time
got a meeting in 30 mins

#588 User is offline   Liosan 

• Recruit

Posted 25 November 2008 - 05:24 PM

Forum went down?
Mustve just missed it.

#589 User is offline   Fener 

• Recruit

Posted 25 November 2008 - 05:25 PM

ooohhh, board is back up. I should have more time to play today, and a ton tomorrow, So I will be looking to become more active. Gonna go back and do a quick reread. brb

#590 User is offline   Tennes 

• Recruit

Posted 25 November 2008 - 05:26 PM

Silanah, on Nov 25 2008, 09:00 AM, said:

Can someone explaint he whole kess thing though, i just cant see what got bent so riled up? Kess wasnt even posting at the time, i have looked back a few times and there is nothing there. Shadow said he thought kess was my symp so why didnt he take out me? I am confused :rant:

I think what happened was that Bent was getting paranoid about being lynched in his sleep, so he was casting around for someone suspicious he could use his ninja on. I made a post in which I pointed out that D'riss had omitted yourself and Kess from his runthrough of people. D'riss made this response:

D'riss said:

ok, in my defence, it was a rushed post, I was on my way out. I forgot Gamelon and you, too 

I did not think much Of Silanah at first, probably because I alt-guessed him momentarily

Kessobahn is more interesting--he strikes me to be similar to Ano--he takes his time to think and makes arguments I can actually agree with. Since this ties in with my ideas of role distribution, which we do not talk about, I'll drop the subject.

I am almost certain there's a connection between Rashan and Shadow--but, alas I can't be sure if it's just meta-induced, or is it a genuine in-game connection along the lines of paired killers or killer-symp

And Bent looked at it and thought: "ZOMG! D'riss is symping Kessobahn!" so he went crazy ninja. Seems a waste to me, but I guess he was tired and didn't think it through well enough.

#591 User is offline   Rashan 

• Recruit

Posted 25 November 2008 - 05:26 PM

Wow, for a while there I thought Id be without Mafia all day.
I like the way how Bent's "scummy people play this way" idea has been more or less tossed in favour of "the things he says sound kinda like what scum would say if you look at them in this light."
Please. I loled at the night scene because Bent got choked to death by a random squid.

Also, I am interested in the NK tonight. Mainly because a) I'm curious as to who the killers go for in this game. Too many games, nks are dismissed as WIFOM and never get discussed past one page. I'm hoping with our smaller group we might be able to draw wome evidence.
:rant: Because I'm curious to see people's responses to my saying it. All seems to be very traditional responses. Learnt-by-rote stuff. Hmmm.
And c) I'm (I feel guilty saying this) looking forward to the morning scene. Don't disappoint Morgo, I expect more squids. ;)

Oh and also, yes, I didn't particularly want to get lynched Day One. Does anyone here?
And I said move on. I didn't say "Drop the Anomandaris/Silanah/Rashan/Whoever else wants to join the party case," did I? I was saying we need to get over my relationship with shadow. Familiarity wasn't because we could PM off-thread or whatever, as was suggested.

@Gamelon: Why would you discuss lynching someone at night? You don't even know if they'll survive.
Or you shouldn't, anyway...

#592 User is offline   Liosan 

• Recruit

Posted 25 November 2008 - 05:27 PM

How come this board keeps crashing, but the "temp" board is reliable?
Surely not good.

#593 User is offline   D'riss 

• Recruit

Posted 25 November 2008 - 05:29 PM

Liosan, on Nov 25 2008, 12:24 PM, said:

Forum went down?
Mustve just missed it.

with your slow computer, I'm less than surprised.

#594 User is offline   D'riss 

• Recruit

Posted 25 November 2008 - 05:30 PM

Liosan, on Nov 25 2008, 12:27 PM, said:

How come this board keeps crashing, but the "temp" board is reliable?
Surely not good.

probably because it doesn't get nearly as much traffic.
it's mostly Mafiosos and admin teams that still hang around there.

#595 User is offline   Liosan 

• Recruit

Posted 25 November 2008 - 05:31 PM

Nah, back on the fast one.
Slow comp is only used in desperate times.

#596 User is offline   D'riss 

• Recruit

Posted 25 November 2008 - 05:43 PM

so, how much longer is night?

EDIT: gotta run
back in 2-3 hours

This post has been edited by D'riss: 25 November 2008 - 05:47 PM

#597 User is offline   Tennes 

• Recruit

Posted 25 November 2008 - 05:53 PM

I seem to recall PS saying he was waiting on a couple more NAs a few posts back...

#598 User is offline   Silanah 

• Recruit

Posted 25 November 2008 - 05:54 PM

WoOHOo!!!

Liosan, on Nov 25 2008, 05:17 PM, said:

Hello, im back, and obviously surprised at the ninja. Pity he hit an innocent, hopefully not roled though.

As for those saying " He's a dumb shit if hes roled and did this" im obviously not roled, because im pretty certain im not gonna survive long, although due to people, like sil or gam I think, saying " I'd look at him if he survives a few days", I may.

Post like that make me suspect people more.
Why? A few reasons:

Why say it now? If it would make you start to suspect in a few days, say it then.
Also, it gives the killers ideas, such as, leave off me, and make innos waste a day later.
Its just like setting me up, for an easy lynch as a distraction, wasted day/night, later on, when the pressure is on a killer, or w/e.
I feel me dying soon is probably good, for the innos, because otherwise its possible it will waste a day later, or whatever, so im happy enough to be killed, and no great loss.
If you are a vig, dont, as that IS a waste, because inno is likely to need it later.

your on my list as possible for tomorrow, one of four noted above apart from myself. If you come up inno it removes some of the doubts i have around ano as well as removing you from being used later int he game as an alternative to lynching a possibly scum.

Rashan, on Nov 25 2008, 05:26 PM, said:

Wow, for a while there I thought Id be without Mafia all day.
I like the way how Bent's "scummy people play this way" idea has been more or less tossed in favour of "the things he says sound kinda like what scum would say if you look at them in this light."
Please. I loled at the night scene because Bent got choked to death by a random squid.

Also, I am interested in the NK tonight. Mainly because a) I'm curious as to who the killers go for in this game. Too many games, nks are dismissed as WIFOM and never get discussed past one page. I'm hoping with our smaller group we might be able to draw wome evidence.
:rant: Because I'm curious to see people's responses to my saying it. All seems to be very traditional responses. Learnt-by-rote stuff. Hmmm.
And c) I'm (I feel guilty saying this) looking forward to the morning scene. Don't disappoint Morgo, I expect more squids. ;)

Oh and also, yes, I didn't particularly want to get lynched Day One. Does anyone here?
And I said move on. I didn't say "Drop the Anomandaris/Silanah/Rashan/Whoever else wants to join the party case," did I? I was saying we need to get over my relationship with shadow. Familiarity wasn't because we could PM off-thread or whatever, as was suggested.

@Gamelon: Why would you discuss lynching someone at night? You don't even know if they'll survive.
Or you shouldn't, anyway...

hence my vote on you day 1, i hate dismissing evidence, which is what night kills and what people say etc, as WIFOM. As for being interested in night kills shouldnt we all be? I mean the only players not that fussed are the killers and thats cause they expect it?? i think isaid this already, or thought it, caus eit sounds familiar.

#599 User is offline   Silanah 

• Recruit

Posted 25 November 2008 - 05:58 PM

guess night will last longer as board was down. some players might not check it if it was down earlier :rant:

pleas don't extend night mods!!!!

maybe we could get a sneaky save ;)

#600 User is offline   Rashan 

• Recruit

Posted 25 November 2008 - 06:01 PM

Alright, fair enough, Silanah.

I have to bring something else up.
When I suggested that Liosan was drawing attention from Ano, it was before he had explained he was fishing for a reaction. Hell, it could even have been before PS disregarded his "Ninja", I can't remember.
When he explained why, I did change my mind to consider the possibility that he was more likely inno than not. If he was a killer, that was a risky move, and a symp and killer couldn't have planned it so perfectly. Ano would probably have given something away.
Then again, I could be wrong.
When the idea of Lios being scum helping Ano came up again, I merely dredged up the fact I had considered it. I don't see what's so scummy here. I don't think he's a Almost Confirmed Inno, I think he's a Possible Inno.

Share this topic:

• 77 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users