Malazan Empire: Spoilerboard for Mafia 33 - Heroes: Experiments - Malazan Empire

• 34 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Spoilerboard for Mafia 33 - Heroes: Experiments

#1 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod
  • Group: Game Mod

Posted 27 October 2008 - 10:52 PM

Player list (16) w. characters and alts
------------------------------------
Barghast - Lisheo - Noa Bennet
Liosan - Grief - Mohinder Suresh
Korvalain - Baudin - Ando
Shadow - Mentalist - Niki Sanders aka Jessica
Omtose - Tapper - Nathan Petrelli
Telas - Q21 - Hiro Nakamura
Meanas - Jump Around - Matt Parkman
D'riss - J_Slr - Sylar
Fener - Lacedaemonian - The Haitian
Thyrllan - Kurt Montandon - Elle Bishop
Galain - The Dude - Adam Monroe
Serc - drinksinbars - Isaac Mendez
Mockra - dktorode - Bob Bishop
Gamelon - unknown - Simone Devaux
Ruse - Bubba - Peter Petrelli
Emurlahn - Morgoth - Claire Bennet

Alt list w. passwords
----------------------------
Barghast - betterhalves
D'riss - nothingtohide
Emurlahn - sixmonthsago
Fener - point07percent
Galain - thehardpart
Gamelon - unexpected
Korvalain - hiros
Liosan - continuum
Meanas - genesis
Mockra - collision
Omtose - homecoming
Ruse - fallout
Serc - godsend
Shadow - distractions
Telas - parasite
Thyrllan - explodingman

Path-Shaper password changed to powerless

This post has been edited by Path-Shaper: 28 October 2008 - 08:36 PM

Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#2 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 27 October 2008 - 10:53 PM

Mafia X Heroes: Experiments http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heroes_(TV_series)
-----------------------------------------
CHARACTERS' PM's

You are:
Peter Petrelli
------------------
Your goal is to save as many people as possible. For you to win Claire have to be alive - i.e. not killed by Sylar - if anyone else kills her, it doesn't stick, and Sylar have to be dead. You can still win if Claire Bennet is alive at the end, even if you yourself is dead.

You choose 3 players each night to protect with your abilities. Protecting them allows you to absorb their ability (except for Sylar, Claire Bennet and Adam Monroe) - but you can choose only one alt every night to absorb the ability of.
This means that you, besides protecting players, can choose one, and only one, ability of the ones you have absorbed to use each night. Every night you have to protect 2 people that you didn't protect the night before.

When you saved someone - when you protect someone that are attacked - they will win when you win. However, this only works for players that are not Sylar, Adam Monroe or Bob Bishop(company head).

You are awefully hard to kill - you have to be attacked three nights in a row for it to kill you. If you protect Claire, and she is attacked by Sylar, it takes two nights in a row for him to kill her.

Emurlahn is Claire Bennet

You are:
Sylar
--------
Your goal is to kill as many people as possible. To win you have to kill Claire Bennet and Peter Petrelli - meaning they both have to be permanently dead.

You can attack 1 player each night with your abilities. When you have killed someone, you will take their abilitiy. This means that you, besides attacking in your normal fashion, can choose one, and only one, of these taken abilities to use each night.

When you kill someone, they die (duh!), also they will be 'a part' of you and they will win when you win. However, this only works for players that are not Peter Petrelli, Claire Bennet and Bob Bishop(company head).

However, if you get attacked by Hira Nakamura- you will lose all your assembled abilities, and will have to start over assembling them.

It takes three attacks three nights in a row to kill you. If you attack Claire, and she is protected, it takes 2 nights in a row to kill her - meaning you have to attack her 2 nights in a row.

Galain is Adam Monroe

You are:
Adam Monroe (regeneration)
--------------------
You win when Sylar wins.

If you are attacked by Hiro Nakamura, you will be disabled for 1 straight mafia day and 1 night, counting from the next day. You won't be able to post, vote or use night attacks. But you can't be killed during that time.

You can use a super virus to disable targets - the virus disables 3 targets simultaneously.
The virus make the targets lose their abilities for 1 night.

D'riss is Sylar

You are:
Bob Bishop(company)
----------------
Your goal is to capture as many heroes as possible. To win you have to capture Peter Petrelli, Sylar, Claire Bennet and Adam Monroe. Or you can capture everyone. Also, you lose when Sylar has killed both Peter Petrelli and Claire

To capture someone you have successfully tazer them. It takes 3 tries to capture Peter Petrelli and Sylar respectively. You have one tazer attempt every night - you send a name to the mod and that person will receive a capure token. If they're not Peter or Sylar, they are captured. But keep a close eye on them, or they might escape. You will get information on who the other players in the company captures.

Your company buddies - you can talk to them off thread at all times:
Thyrrlan is Elle Bishop
Barghast is Noa Bennet
Fener is The Haitian

You are:
Noa Bennet (company)
----------------

Your goal is to keep Claire alive. You win when Claire wins. There are two ways for her win.
1) Find her and capture her and keep her within company walls or 2) She survives anyway outside of the company. Do what you have to do - the choice is yours.

On company orders you can also capture others - but remember that the company wins when they have captured Peter Petrelli, Sylar, Claire Bennet and Adam Monroe. Also, company lose when Sylar has killed both Peter Petrelli and Claire.

To capture someone you have successfully tazer them. It takes 3 tries to capture Peter Petrelli and Sylar respectively. You have one tazer attempt every night - you send a name to the mod and that person will receive a capure token. If they're not Peter or Sylar, they are captured. But keep a close eye on them, or they might escape.

Emurlahn is Claire Bennet

Mockra is Bob Bishop
Fener is The Haitian

You are:
Claire Bennet (indestructable)
-----------------
Your goal is to help Peter Petrelli win, and to do that you have to survive. You can only be killed permanently by Sylar. If killed by someone else, you regenerate and come back to life.

Ruse is Peter Petrelli

You are:
Elle Bishop(electricity generation and manipulation)
----------------
Your goal is to help your father, Bob Bishop, to win. You win when he wins. You have to capture as many heroes as possible. Also, you lose when Sylar has killed both Peter Petrelli and Claire.

To capture someone you have successfully tazer them. It takes 3 tries to capture Peter Petrelli and Sylar respectively. You have one tazer attempt every night - you send a name to the mod and that person will receive a capure token. If they're not Peter or Sylar, they are captured. But keep a close eye on them, or they might escape. If your father dies, you will take over his position in the company, and you will get information on who the others in the company are.

Mockra is Bob Bishop - you can talk to him off thread at all times

You are:
The Haitian (memory wipe/disabler)
----------------
Your goal is to make Claire Bennet win. You can do that by either 1) help Noa Bennet win or 2) help Peter Petrelli win.

Every night you can choose one single target for a memory wipe or you can choose not to wipe. A memory wipe lasts either A) for 1 (the next) mafia day or :D for 1 (the next) mafia night. They can't vote and they can't post, and if it's night, they can't send in night actions. Players get memory back when the night/day begins.

Also, company lose when Sylar has killed both Peter Petrelli and Claire.

You can't be killed by any player with an ability, since their abilities don't work around you.

Barghast is Noa Bennet
Mockra is Bob Bishop

You are:
Hiro Nakamura(can bend time&space)
---------------------
The time travelling ability gives you the information you need about the future.
Since you can travel back and forth in time as many times as you want, you will have full insight into what characters do. You get updates by pm each time a night action/provisional changes - you will get the night action and the character. However, you do not get the alts of the characters - that you have to figure out by yourself.
But each night you can also teleport to the proximity of 1 chosen player, so you can observe him/her. This will give you information about which character a certain alt is.
If you happen upon Sylar, you will automatically attack him and wipe his current abilities.
If you happen upon Adam Monroe, you will automatically disable him for 1 mafia day and night. He won't be able to post, vote or use his night attacks. But he can't be killed during that time.

You win when Peter Petrelli wins. If you are killed by Sylar, you win when he wins. If you're captured by the company, you can't use your abilities, but you win when the company wins.

Korvalain is Ando

You are:
Matt Parkman (mind reading)
--------------------
1 target for mind reading for each night and 1 for each day.
Mind reading means getting the contents of the targets last pm to the mod. You will recieve the contents of the pm of the requested alt.

You don't have an expressed winning condition. Not having a winning condition means you lose, so you better try get the attention of someone that can give you one!

If you are protected by Peter Petrelli, you win when he wins. If you are killed by Sylar, you win when he wins. If you're captured by the company, you can't use your abilities, but you win when the company wins.

You are:
Nathan Petrelli (flight)
--------------------
For 3 nights you can fly around, out of reach of any intent towards you, good or bad. You can choose whatever nights you want, but only 3.

You don't have an expressed winning condition. Not having a winning condition means you lose, so you better try get the attention of someone that can give you one!

If you are protected by Peter Petrelli, you win when he wins. If you are killed by Sylar, you win when he wins. If you're captured by the company, you can't use your abilities, but you win when the company wins.

You are:
Nikki Sanders aka Jessica (super strength)
--------------------
Jessica comes out at night, if you allow her. 3 nights of your choosing, you can kill someone - send a name to the mod. If the targets are Peter Petrelli or Sylar they won't die.

You are:
Isaac Mendez (paints the future)
-------------------
You get continuous updates of what will happen - sort of. There will be as many updates as the players change their night actions/provisionals.
You can post what you find using pictures, and pictures only. The pictures have to be clean, with NO TEXT whatsoever. Smilies are allowed, but NOT avatar images. You can post normally about stuff that are not about the finds. You are NOT allowed to comment the pictures in any way. You can ofcourse choose not to post any pictures - it kinda gives you away - if you do however, you can tell people who you are, and what your ability is, but not the info you get - the info can only to be displayed through images. If someone ask what they mean, your standard answer is "I only painted them".

You get info on all the provisionals/night actions: the alt of the victim and the character of the sender and the content. You can simply sit on the info, or you can post images.

Gamelon is Simone Devaux

You are:
Mohinder Suresh
------------------------
At night you can choose 3 targets to heal with your blood. It heals any virus present.

If you are protected by Peter Petrelli, you win when he wins. If you are killed by Sylar, you win when he wins. If you're captured by the company, you will get indoctrinated and will have the same goals/recources as your captor.

You are:
Ando
-------
You have no ability.

If you are protected by Peter Petrelli, you win when he wins. If you are killed by Sylar, you win when he wins. If you're captured by the company you will get indoctrinated and will have the same goals/recources as your captor.

Telas is Hiro Nakamura

You are:
Simone Devaux
----------------------
You have no ability.

If you are protected by Peter Petrelli, you win when he wins. If you are killed by Sylar, you win when he wins. If you're captured by the company, you will get indoctrinated and will have the same goals/recources as your captor.

Serc is Isaac Mendez
Hiro and Isaac

Get targets for Night action from
-----------------------------------------------
Peter Petrelli (3 to protect - of which 2 can't be the same as the previous night, 1 other ability)
Sylar (kill target, 1 other ability)
Adam Monroe (3 targets)
Bob Bishop, Elle Bishop, Noa Bennet (1 target each for capture)
The Haitian (possible memory wipe)
Hiro Nakamura (target for find - send the character name if the requested alt)
Matt Parkman (target for last pm sent to the mod - send complete content of the pm - don't send character name)
Nathan Petrelli (possible flight)
Niki Sanders (possible kill target)
Mohinder Suresh (3 targets)

Ando, Simone and Mohinder can be captured:
(1 target each for capture )

Get targets for day play from
-----------------------------------------------
The Haitian (possible memory wipe)
Matt Parkman (target for last pm sent to the mod - send complete content of the pm - don't send character name)

This post has been edited by Path-Shaper: 27 October 2008 - 11:21 PM

Only someone with this much power could make this many frittatas without breaking any eggs.

#3 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 27 October 2008 - 11:20 PM

Okay, time for pm's.

Liosan/Grief

You did this just to see if I would follow through with my sylar claim didnt you.
Well, im not going to dissapoint.

It was really funny how Grief got the role he absolutely did not want. :D

Hmm, bugger. It seems I actually have a role.
I was assuming mohinder would be RI.

Hmm.
I may still make my claim, but it will need consideration.

My role seems like its going to be very hard.

There, claimed.
And I will stick by it.

Now, lets see.
I can heal people.
What happens if peter protects me, and sylar kills me later.
Do I survive because of the protection?

Shadow/ment

ahem... wow
complicated
*prays for an opening post that gives some explanation on winning conditions*
but hey, I can vig 3 people!
YAY!!!

now, where's JA at, laugh.gif

this sounds a lot like the LOST game, btw...

Omtose/Tapper

Woohoo, I'll go out and look for some brotherly love biggrin.gif
Any intent equals any type of night action, I assume?

yes.

Tx for the quick reply!
* flies off *

Galain/The Dude

Wow this sounds like a pretty sweet role! Quick question, am I allowed to use super virus every night? Or is it a 1 time deal?

Morgy is not happy.
Emurlahn/Morgy

You made me the cheerleader? The cheerleader!! That's it Gem, I've never been one for lists as I only need DiBs' name, but now I've got you.

Ah well. I've become the most annoying character of the show. I'll live up to the name. After all, what's the worst that can happen?

Wait. Peter's faction can only win if I live? So I must needs to hunt down Sylar as soon as humanly possible?

And with my BP. Do I give that away to escape? How does that work? Or can I not escape at all if captured?

Ruse/Bubba

Looks like a huge juicy role..........I just have no clue what any of what you just said means rofl.gif ......time to get googling.......what show is this? lost?.....J/K

This post has been edited by Path-Shaper: 27 October 2008 - 11:25 PM

#4 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 27 October 2008 - 11:31 PM

Right now I fear I have made the game too complicated. But it sure is fun to watch! :D

#5 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 27 October 2008 - 11:32 PM

Conversation with Emur/Morgy:

And if we get Sylar lynched, does that make a company victory impossible?

If Sylar dies, you win.

Ah... What about the other stuff I asked?

I didn't understand that question?

Ah, so you're Silencer then? tongue.gif

I thought it was quite straight forwards. What happens if I am captured and how do I escape when I have no night actions?

This is Gem. tongue.gif

When you're captured, you can still only be killed by Sylar. And you escaping is one of the special circumstances mentioned in the mechanics post - you will just escape, if you so choose.

Ah excellent. I'll just pull out my thigh bone to break open the door, and tear of my arm to use it as a nun-chuck (is that how you spell it) to fight through the guards

#6 User is offline   Vengeance 

• High Priest of Shinrei Love and Worship
  • Group: Administrators
  • very good...;)

Posted 27 October 2008 - 11:37 PM

View PostPath-Shaper, on Oct 27 2008, 04:52 PM, said:

Player list (16) w. characters and alts
------------------------------------
Barghast - Lisheo - Noa Bennet
Liosan - Grief - Mohinder Suresh
Korvalain - Baudin - Ando
Shadow - Mentalist - Niki Sanders aka Jessica
Omtose - Tapper - Nathan Petrelli
Telas - Q21 - Hiro Nakamura
Meanas - Jump Around - Matt Parkman
D'riss - J_Slr - Sylar
Fener - Lacedaemonian - The Haitian
Thyrllan - Kurt Montandon - Elle Bishop
Galain - The Dude - Adam Monroe
Serc - drinksinbars - Isaac Mendez
Mockra - dktorode - Bob Bishop
Gamelon - Spidey - Simone Devaux
Ruse - Bubba - Peter Petrelli
Emurlahn - Morgoth - Claire Bennet

Path-Shaper password changed to powerless

Ok right from the get go J_sir is going to have to play one heck of a good game... Starting off Bubba and Morgy are going to be tough to match...Dkt will have a lot of fun as Bob....Man this is going to be good Gem...
How many fucking people do I have to hammer in order to get that across.
Hinter - Vengy - DIE. I trusted you you bastard!!!!!!!

Steven Erikson made drowning in alien cum possible - Obdigore

#7 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 27 October 2008 - 11:47 PM

Yeah, I feel so too. It will be interesting to see how dibs plays Isaac, and what JA does with Parkman. :D And it will be fun to see what groups are created...

#8 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 27 October 2008 - 11:50 PM

Hmm, I just thought of something, what happens if either of the 4 characters the company needs to capture dies? Hmm, I think I need to figure out a contingency. What do you think Venge?

#9 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 27 October 2008 - 11:58 PM

Hmm, I'm thinking about adding that the company can still win if they capture all remaining heroes - if they organize they can do it.

#10 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 28 October 2008 - 12:02 AM

A very drunk Lisheo:

Well, immediatly I think Night One: provisional capture Claire, but expect that to change.(i actually am drunk lmao)
And btw, nice role. I'd have prefered Hiro, but this might get very interesting indeed. First thoughts: I think there are 18 of us, so two "factions"(loosely applied term) and two killers. Just a guess, mind. And I will be trying to play very differently to the last game, btw. tongue.gif

#11 User is offline   Vengeance 

• very good...;)

Posted 28 October 2008 - 12:03 AM

Sorry Gem I have been writing a paper... :D

I thought that was what you had! Maybe I read it wrong the first time.... Definitely make it so that the company has to either capture claire, peter, sylar, adam or everyone..

#12 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 28 October 2008 - 12:05 AM

Yes, I've been thinking so many different version back and forth that I'm confused...I added the bit in the mechanics post...phew. I'm counting on you to not let me screw up. :D

#13 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 28 October 2008 - 12:26 AM

From Emur/morgy

I was just about to berate Liosan about discussing roles, but then I realised I haven't considered the mechanics of this game properly. I don't really know if it matters. But then again, as little information as possible to the bad guys I think, so either Liosan is a twat, or a company man. Sylar wouldn't really care I figure and already knows how his powers work.

So Liosan= Twat/company

As for the game in more general terms.

My understanding of the wording tells me that each of the company men can "recruit", so I figure there'll only be two of them. There's a lot of names I don't know in there, I think I'll have to wiki season two and three tomorow, but I digress. Anyways, so two company men? But that is also somewhat unlikely as they can then easily be taken out as a faction. Hm.. Well, then, let's take 3. Noah, and two of the names I don't know. Noah does the recruiting thing for sure. Perhaps the other two can do too, but that they also have other powers they can prioritice. Like killing people.

Perhaps Noah has the option of protecting me? That'd be sweet unlees it's DiBs.. But I probably just throw too much into this. It's not a carbon copy of the show I'm sure.

But neways. There's the company and there's Sylar, who needs to die quick. Hopefully Mocker got that role. And then there's us. Ruse and I. Does he know who I am? I mean, I wear cheer leader outfits to everything, so I can't be that inconspicous.

Anyways, I dunno what you Gave hiro for a power. He could be in a lover pair with Ando I spose. The indian guy is obviously our standard healer.. though he could be a finder I spose. A heal/find? Huh, I have to stop thinking too complicated. So, let's stick to healer.

I wonder what the painter does? Finder? No that should be Parkman I figure. You know, I should really read the names list to know what characters are actually in play.

Nikki has to be a vig.

oh oh, you put a ninja role into the game didn't you? I've missed those. The last time it was used was in the norse game Gnome and I organiced years and years ago. A ninja has to be Hiro..

I need to sleep. But I'm enjoying being clueless. It's such a rare occurence tongue.gif

#14 User is offline   Path-Shaper 

• Mafia Modgod

Posted 28 October 2008 - 12:40 AM

I'm going to bed - hopefully nobody will get lynched before I am back, so I can write night scene... :D Man, I'm really tired!

#15 User is offline   Vengeance 

• very good...;)

Posted 28 October 2008 - 02:06 AM

Perhaps Noah has the option of protecting me? That'd be sweet unlees it's DiBs.. But I probably just throw too much into this. It's not a carbon copy of the show I'm sure.

This would have been really funny..

Ok now I have to write that paper..

This post has been edited by Vengeance: 28 October 2008 - 02:07 AM

#16 User is offline   Silencer 

• Manipulating Special Data
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
    Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 28 October 2008 - 02:11 AM

Haha. This game is already epic. And already being compared to LOST.

They are SOOOOOOOOO confused. w00t.

Ah, so you're Silencer then?

Oho. You want to replace Ment as my first priority kill next time, morgy?

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#17 User is offline   Vengeance 

• very good...;)

Posted 28 October 2008 - 02:13 AM

View PostSilencer, on Oct 27 2008, 08:11 PM, said:

Haha. This game is already epic. And already being compared to LOST.

They are SOOOOOOOOO confused. w00t.

Ah, so you're Silencer then?

Oho. You want to replace Ment as my first priority kill next time, morgy?

I always go try to go with Mental/kud my self...But we have a special "I win" relationship... :D

#18 User is offline   Silencer 

Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 28 October 2008 - 02:26 AM

I developed an affinity for hunting and killing Ment when, after my first NK of him in the Culture game, he stated how easy I was to alt-guess due to my time.
There were then a few games where we didn't play together (I was modding, mostly), and then I got him again in the next one we played. War vs Death, apparently.

Ah...good memories.

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#19 User is offline   alt146 

• Here comes the Strongbad!
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 28 October 2008 - 07:07 AM

Wow, maybe it's a good thing I'm not playing. This setting looks mindfuck, well done gem :D

Some questions:

When the company chat off thread, can they mention the other roles they know about?
Can people still use their abilities if they've been captured and choose not to escape?

I like the varying winning conditions, it's gonna make for some amazingly random play. I think the company actually has the hardest role - If sylar dies, they lose. And he's incredibly hard to capture and will obviously immediately choose to escape. Same with claire. So they have to try capture them almost simultaneously, or convince claire to stick around. Although they have the added advantage of possibly having majority reasonably early in the game, especially if they hit the RIs.

Cool, I got stuff to do, interested in seeing how this game turns out :D
[url="http://www.alt146.zzl.org"]MafiaManager[/url]: My Mafia Modding tool - Now at v0.3b

With great power comes a great integral of energy over time.

#20 User is offline   Silencer 

Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 28 October 2008 - 07:12 AM

I thought we posted that they can't use their abilities? Might have been in what Gems sent me though..

In short, no, as far as I recall.

Company chatting:
I don't see any way of stopping them, although it may have been a good restriction. Originally, they couldn't communicate at all, but that was too hard. So I think we just gave them unlimited comms.

Shinrei said:

Share this topic:

• 34 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users