• « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Speculation *SPOILERS* Rate Topic: ***** 2 Votes

#101 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 19 July 2010 - 08:46 PM

So I know everyone's all excited for more Iron Bars, but you know what would be even better than that? More Jumpy! Now I know you're thinking "but D'rek, Jumpy is a sergeant on Quon Tali and if he deserted he'd have even less of a chance at getting busy with a Moranth". Ah, but then I point to Pat's interview with ICE following RotCG which has such juicy details as:

-SW is roughly 2 years after RotCG
-The vast majority of stuff takes place on Korel
-It will have a map of Korel
-It will be featuring a renewed Malazan invasion of Korel launched by Mallick Rel (JUMPY!!!)

This post has been edited by D'rek: 20 July 2010 - 06:14 PM
Reason for edit: oops, wrong button.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#102 User is offline   T'renn 

• First Sword
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Cussing Forevah

Posted 20 July 2010 - 06:15 AM

A strong female stormrider ? Certainly, he falls for the strong women.....
...Every tale is a gift,
And the scars bourne by us both,
are easily missed,
In the distance between us.

-Fisher-

Don't be blind,
Mind,
To be kind,
For you will find,

Kindness has its own rewards,
and each must find his way to heaven

-T.D. Mengerink-

#103 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 20 July 2010 - 01:03 PM

It would appear that Abyss edited my post instead of making a new one. No doubt he will claim that this was accidental. It was not. This is but the first stage in him taking over the entire forum. Fly. Fly you fools!

The post above was originally a bunch of quote from ICE interview(s) where he talked about what would be in RotCG, including a map of Korel and a renewed Malazan invasion of Korel launched by Mallick Rel (and hence my speculation of more Jumpy). The whole thing is supposed to be about 2 years after RotCG, supposedly.

This post has been edited by D'rek: 20 July 2010 - 01:04 PM

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#104 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 20 July 2010 - 01:20 PM

View PostD, on 20 July 2010 - 01:03 PM, said:

It would appear that Abyss edited my post instead of making a new one. No doubt he will claim that this was accidental. It was not. This is but the first stage in him taking over the entire forum. Fly. Fly you fools!

The post above was originally a bunch of quote from ICE interview(s) where he talked about what would be in RotCG, including a map of Korel and a renewed Malazan invasion of Korel launched by Mallick Rel (and hence my speculation of more Jumpy). The whole thing is supposed to be about 2 years after RotCG, supposedly.

D'rek, i got some bad news for you... too late! Far, far to late! Mwua aahahaahahaaa...

But was something deleted?

The recently released prologue supports the two years'ish later timeline. I don't mind the jump at all. It gives ICE some background development time to let us in on without having to go through the emchanics of Kyle training, Mallick securing his rule, Coltaine's diaper training, etc etc.

- Abyss, controls the horizontal, controls the vertical, rents out the diagonal...
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#105 User is offline   D'rek 

Posted 20 July 2010 - 03:45 PM

View PostAbyss, on 20 July 2010 - 01:20 PM, said:

I think you clicked Edit instead of Reply and your post over-wrote mine. Hence why my post 2 up from this one now quote's something no one ever said and signs off as Abyss...

The recently released prologue supports the two years'ish later timeline. I don't mind the jump at all. It gives ICE some background development time to let us in on without having to go through the emchanics of Kyle training, Mallick securing his rule, Coltaine's diaper training, etc etc.

Aye, especially since we want most of the plot to be actually taking place in Korel it'd be good to not have to bother with the development of post-Return Quon Tali.

#106 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 20 July 2010 - 05:28 PM

View PostD, on 20 July 2010 - 03:45 PM, said:

I think you clicked Edit instead of Reply and your post over-wrote mine. Hence why my post 2 up from this one now quote's something no one ever said and signs off as Abyss...

Yep. You are correct and my apologies for it. You want to pm me the deleted text and i'll put it back in?
I blame alcohol and drugs and the government.

Aye, especially since we want most of the plot to be actually taking place in Korel it'd be good to not have to bother with the development of post-Return Quon Tali.

Exactly.

My erroneously invasive post reproduced below for the curious, in response to D'rek's comment re 'More Jumpy!':

That's even better than "more cowbell"!!!

Ok, not really, but damn close!

- Abyss, ...bets that before the end of the book Jumpy tries to make sex with a Stormrider...

THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#107 User is offline   buddhacat 

• Fist
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 22 July 2010 - 09:06 PM

- Abyss, controls the horizontal, controls the vertical, rents out the diagonal...

I'd be concerned about any of the gods missing/changing/new ones arising from what we have now, as a result of the big finale of tCG. That would be majorly spoily. I'll probably hold off on reading SW until after tCG.

Buddhacat

Share this topic:

• 6 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users