Malazan Empire: What's messing with your groove? - Malazan Empire

Jump to content

  • 1582 Pages +
  • « First
  • 1580
  • 1581
  • 1582
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What's messing with your groove?

#31621 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

  • Part Time Catgirl
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Posts: 4,495
  • Joined: 11-November 14
  • Location:Lether, apparently...
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted Yesterday, 07:21 AM

View PostTiste Simeon, on 05 October 2026 - 03:45 PM, said:

Thanks Maark. How are you getting on?


Up and down. Went back to work on a phased return (very light duties 2 weeks, then probably full days but still light duties for another couple of weeks) - the worst bit is seeing stuff that reminds me of her, I'm liable to fall apart at a moment's notice. But we'll get there.
Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle
2

#31622 User is offline   QuickTidal 

  • Brother of Yuji
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Posts: 23,131
  • Joined: 05-November 05
  • Location:Shibuya
  • Interests:DoubleStamping. Movies. Reading.

Posted Yesterday, 11:32 AM

View PostMaark Abbott, on 06 October 2026 - 07:21 AM, said:

View PostTiste Simeon, on 05 October 2026 - 03:45 PM, said:

Thanks Maark. How are you getting on?


the worst bit is seeing stuff that reminds me of her, I'm liable to fall apart at a moment's notice. But we'll get there.



I know it's not on the same level but after I lost my mom the grief counsellor my wife sees (for her moms passing) said "Anger and Grief are brothers who show up randomly and never when you're expecting them" and that continues to be true even 4 years on...I still get waves of it from random things - usually stuff my mom loved doing, like cooking or Christmas decorations....my wife knows that every year now I break down when we decorate the tree because of deep rooted memories with my mom doing that...and over time I've started just accepting that grief as it helps me remember her and the times she did the things she loved.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

"Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone." ~Ursula Vernon
0

Share this topic:


  • 1582 Pages +
  • « First
  • 1580
  • 1581
  • 1582
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

6 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users