#21 User is offline   frookenhauer 

• Mortal Sword
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Women
    Money
    AI
    Writing

Posted 09 October 2008 - 11:18 AM

Mentalist, you are a star, in the good old days you woulda got rep, and when I could do so again, got more. I did the towers thing and unfortunately in most of the battles my wimpy hero got mullered by ze badass demons. Deep down I knew my supposedly badass hero was rubbish but now, after reading your post, I cannot deny the truth. You git.

Company of Heroes is an excellent game, but pushed my rig too hard. From what I gather from the more techwise of us, I am in need if more Ram and video ram. Dang! It'll have to wait, I'm in no position to be spending money right now.
souls are for wimps

#22 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 09 October 2008 - 12:48 PM

*takes a bow*
Why, thank you...
Avatar cultivation is important in Spellforce, b/c some maps are designed to be played only RPG-style, with your avatar and possibly some heroes.
I won't spoil the story for you, but on one map further down the road, you eventually find yourself with only your avatar, fighting your way through a canyon, taking on one level 25 after another in one-on-one combat. It's towards the end, so you should be levelleld up, but still

Also, Stamina's your most important attribute, as it adds HP to your avatar.
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#23 User is offline   frookenhauer 

• Mortal Sword
  • Interests:Women
    Money
    AI
    Writing

Posted 10 October 2008 - 01:32 AM

now that was a spoiler and a half, not to worry I'm going to do a reload soon.
souls are for wimps

#24 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 10 October 2008 - 11:14 PM

View Postfrookenhauer, on Oct 9 2008, 09:32 PM, said:

now that was a spoiler and a half, not to worry I'm going to do a reload soon.

yeah, you really shouldn't worry about it... it's more of a warning about avatar-building.
once you get there, you'll understand. :lol:

This post has been edited by Mentalist: 10 October 2008 - 11:17 PM

#25 User is offline   Cause 

• Elder God

Posted 12 October 2008 - 12:21 PM

Any rough guide when diablo 3 comes out?

#26 User is offline   Grief 

• Prophet of High House Mafia
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 12 October 2008 - 12:28 PM

Judging from previous blizzard performance? 2015 or so...

Cougar said:

Grief, FFS will you do something with your sig, it's bloody awful

worry said:

Grief is right (until we abolish capitalism).

#27 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 12 October 2008 - 07:31 PM

View PostCause, on Oct 12 2008, 08:21 AM, said:

hahaha

you'll need a new computer by then
wasn't StarCraft 2 supposed to come out right about now-ish?

#28 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 13 October 2008 - 09:17 AM

I'm going to go against the grain and suggest you go for the Rome Total War: Gold edition absurdly cheap, gives you rtw, and the 2 expansions (barbarian invasion and alexander) and I have always felt Rtw was a superior game to Medieval 2.
plus Total War Empires is incoming so hold out for it (should be good but probably a hog to run)

#29 User is offline   Werthead 

• Ascendant

Posted 13 October 2008 - 06:24 PM

At the moment playing some Med 2 mods and Company of Heroes, which is very fine on multiplayer. I completed Mass Effect and have been waiting to play the new free expansion for it you can download from BioWare's website, but I want to get through The Witcher before that. Got about 6-7 hours into the game and the load times annoyed me, so I put it on hold under the Enhanced Edition came out.

Looking forward to Red Alert 3, which comes out in a fortnight. Looks very cheesy indeed, with George Takei playing the Emperor of the Empire of the Rising Sun, which is fantastic casting. Like C&C3, it will be fun but lightweight. Also recently played World in Conflict, which was a bit more hardcore and very entertaining to play.

The Orange Box is a decent buy. Half-Life 2 is a superb game, although the two Episodes aren't quite as great. Portal is absolutely fantastic, if a little on the short side.

Grand Theft Auto IV drops on PC in about four weeks, and I'll be taking a look at that. BioShock is also now on budget, and Far Cry 2 has been getting ecstatic reviews (whilst Crysis Warhead is getting a much more mixed reception).

Fallout 3 is also imminent, but I suspect is going to be very decisive. If you like post-apocalyptic stuff and Oblivion, you'll probably like this.

View PostCause, on Oct 12 2008, 01:21 PM, said:

Late 2010, from the sound of it.

View PostMentalist, on Oct 12 2008, 08:31 PM, said:

wasn't StarCraft 2 supposed to come out right about now-ish?

Nope. To Blizzard's credit they now never give a final release date until the game is finished. Activision said it would recently be before Christmas 2009 and Blizzard's recent splitting of the game means that Part I (Wings of Liberty) is apparently more likely to now come out in the summer, but nothing is set in stone.

View PostMacros, on Oct 13 2008, 10:17 AM, said:

I'm going to go against the grain and suggest you go for the Rome Total War: Gold edition absurdly cheap, gives you rtw, and the 2 expansions (barbarian invasion and alexander) and I have always felt Rtw was a superior game to Medieval 2.
plus Total War Empires is incoming so hold out for it (should be good but probably a hog to run)

I think Rome does a lot of things better than Med 2 and is certainly more stable, but Med 2 has some better features and the mods eliminate a lot of the worst problems in Med 2 (the bad AI, in particular). Both games are good though, and Empire: Total War looks mighty fine, although they are gradually moving closer and closer to Civilisation in style.
Visit The Wertzone for reviews of SF&F books, DVDs and computer games!

"Try standing out in a winter storm all night and see how tough you are. Start with that. Then go into a bar and pick a fight and see how tough you are. And then go home and break crockery over your head. Start with those three and you'll be good to go."
- Bruce Campbell on how to be as cool as he is

#30 User is offline   Silencer 

• Manipulating Special Data
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
    Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 13 October 2008 - 08:41 PM

Far Cry 2, Fallout 3, Rome:TW, Empire:TW...all of these are great recommendations. BioShock is cool, but I wouldn't suggest buying it...then again, I was able to rent it on my 360, so if you can't do that, getting it on a budget is a good idea. ;)

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#31 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 14 October 2008 - 01:45 PM

Red alert 3?

Oh yes
Posted Image
Posted Image

#32 User is offline   drinksinbars 

• Soletaken

Posted 16 October 2008 - 10:42 AM

bioshock is going for like £15 in most places, awesome game.

just read that gta:san andreas is coming as a download xbox original on the 360 :w00t: thats madness. good game, but i played through t to the end once before and dont have time to do so again. funniest moment, in one of the police stations in a hick town out int he wilderness there was a massive double ended pink dildo in the shower room that you could use as a mellee weapon :) crazy bastard developers!!!

#33 User is offline   Shpetim 

• Lieutenant

Posted 29 October 2008 - 01:46 PM

I jusr CANNOT believe noone's mentioned Wrhammner Mark of Chaos yet...
buuu people!!
anyways, I love that game. But maybe it has something to do with me having been a warhammer freakshow long before the game was produced.

#34 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 29 October 2008 - 07:12 PM

Mark of chaos if pretty boring, pretty yes but boring.
Had the given shadow of the horned rat an upgrade to the mark of chaos engine i would have mentioned it

#35 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 29 October 2008 - 08:32 PM

Have Fallout 3 - Excellent so far, and I have barely scratched the surface. Already died 3 times by being stupid, so the game is doing something right.

Bought the GF Fable 2 - she hasn't really started it since she gave herself a concussion getting up to go to the bathroom after she put the disc in...

New WoW xpack comes out next month.

COD:WaW comes out next month.

Gears2 comes out next month.

I think
Resistance2 comes out soon if its not already... not sure since I think its still a ps3 exclusive.

I hear Deadspace is amazing - brings back memories of ... can't remember the name, raccoon squad, t-virus, they made some movies on it. Blah.
Anyway, apparently the scaryness of the first one, only scifi so you get some freaky-arse stuff flying at you.
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#36 User is offline   Silencer 

• Manipulating Special Data
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
    Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 29 October 2008 - 08:44 PM

Buying:
Fallout 3

Renting/Playing First:
Fable 2 (on Sunday, at my friends' place)
GoW2, is likely to be purchased, I just don't want it to be identical to the first one

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#37 User is offline   Yellow 

• Sick and Tired

Posted 03 November 2008 - 07:25 AM

View PostObdigore, on Oct 29 2008, 08:32 PM, said:

I hear Deadspace is amazing - brings back memories of ... can't remember the name, raccoon squad, t-virus, they made some movies on it. Blah.
Anyway, apparently the scaryness of the first one, only scifi so you get some freaky-arse stuff flying at you.

I'm playing that at the moment. I'm not very far into it (chapter 2), but so far it's not gripping me very much. Absolutely beautiful, a creepy atmosphere (if not actually scary)... but the plot hasn't started yet, so keep having to force myself to play it amongst all the other crap I need to get done.

I must be getting old!

PS - my favourite scary game has to be Silent Hill. Played that one Christmas with all the lights off. I had to turn them back on again.

This post has been edited by Yellow: 03 November 2008 - 07:26 AM

Don't fuck with the Culture.

#38 User is offline   the peacemaker 

• Recruit
  • Group: LHTEC

Posted 08 December 2008 - 03:35 PM

SCFA is a good game sater bigger better (6 new t4 units total so on)
what i dident like about mark of chaos is that tere is a loding to a loding... how did thay manage that
rome and medival total war just rock medival dont got those owerbpowerd units as Urban chort and silver shields so on so it is better balased (wy dont Malazan total war exsist)
Company of heros... good but do not EVER go defensive whit allys and get yourself a cup of coffy not smart
LIFE IS FIRE FIRE IS LIFE - Imass saying

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users