• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Chapter Summaries Process Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   Anomander Rake 

• First Sword
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 06 January 2006 - 01:43 PM

Imperial Historian, I presume you mean being able to click back - next from chapter to chapter. It probably could be done, but it'll be too much hassle to do it :) .

#22 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 06 January 2006 - 03:22 PM

Ok, no problem would be a nice feature but if it's too much hassle don't bother.

#23 Guest_BAD_*

• Group: Unregistered / Not Logged In

Posted 09 January 2006 - 05:17 PM

OK who do I send summaries to? Just done the prologue for GotM and wanted to see if the style and content is ok. I pretty much kept to HUME's format. Should be doing one every two days or so from now on, now that New Year and Xmas is over and work should be a bit less insane. :)

Posted 09 January 2006 - 05:48 PM

send them to me please?

I'll be happy to check them through for you :) and thanks

#25 Guest_BAD_*

Posted 31 January 2006 - 02:09 PM

Another one done. Check your email Hetan. :)

Posted 31 January 2006 - 03:29 PM

Thank you BAD :)

#27 Guest_BAD_*

Posted 07 March 2006 - 02:09 PM

*pokes Hetan*

Posted 07 March 2006 - 03:56 PM

:) yeah ok... so sorry.... you have no idea... I promise.. tonight.. and the other thing we discussed....:)

#29 Guest_BAD_*

Posted 08 March 2006 - 12:41 AM

.. and the other thing we discussed....:)

Hey people will start talking! Well the people who can see this anyways.

Posted 08 March 2006 - 08:19 AM

Let them talk... it's done... :)

So.. I posted BAD's new chapter summaries and have put a note at the bottom of the pages to credit him with the work..

http://www.malazanem...ies.php?q_id=23

#31 Guest_BAD_*

Posted 08 March 2006 - 11:25 AM

The others will feel left out.

:<

Posted 08 March 2006 - 03:28 PM

well when they've posted some summaries... they can have their names credited too.. :)

#33 User is offline   Imperial Historian 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 10 March 2006 - 01:27 PM

Looked through the summaries, noticed a few minor errors:

Prologue: "Whiskeyjack, a Bridgeburner and the Emperors elite." should be one of the Emperors elite?

Chapter One: There's no metion of the seer rigga's death and the fact that she possesed apsalar to protect her from the subsequent possesion by cotillion, which is a fairly important point

Chapter Two: "Just before Hairlock is selenced he ignites the fires of Tayshrenn's potential betrayal." should be "silenced"

Posted 10 March 2006 - 01:49 PM

I've corrected the spello's...
I'll wait to hear from BAD about what he wants to add in re Rigga.... I have the feeling that he was trying to produce a spoilerless summary.

#35 Guest_BAD_*

Posted 05 May 2006 - 04:10 PM

Exactly that Hetan. I was also trying to keep it pretty succinct, if i mentioned everything I may as well just write out the chapter. I thought the summaries were just for helping you find things you forgot or wanted to re-read etc. In general if someone just mentions the character or a scene around what you are trying to find you normally find it pretty quick. I do anyways. Though edit as you wish. =P

I'll do some more soon, not been reading much lately. But I have next week off work so I should be able to squeeze a few out. :)

#36 User is offline   Anomander Rake 

• First Sword

Posted 02 January 2006 - 05:05 PM

Hiya all,

I have now added a Chapter Summaries section to the Website, which can be viewed: http://www.malazanem...r_summaries.php

All admins and Mods have the ability to add to that section.

Maybe the mods/admins who are working on this project would like to work out a process so those members in the malazan team who don't have mod access can get their chapter summaries put on the main site.

A possible solution can be that Malazan Team members post the chapter summaries they have done on this forum (which also creates a backup copy that way), and then a mod or admin adds it to the main site. I believe it would be a good idea to give credit to the member who wrote a particular chapter (e.g. writing before or after the chapter 'Contributed by ', or 'Written By ' or 'Thanks to for the chapter summary' etc), Allowing a member to opt-out if they prefer to stay anonymous.

:D

Note: The layout, titles etc on the Chapter Summaries page can be changed (e.g. rather than having Chapter One, have Book One - Chapter One, or Darujhistan - Chapter One etc). Please feel free to change the naming convention or layout as you wish. HTML code can also be added if required (e.g. want to add a image or such).

#37 User is offline   Folken 

• Never throw your life away so easily

Posted 03 January 2006 - 01:55 AM

K I posted Chapter One for Memories of Ice just to test it out. Turns out we'll have to use HTML if we want to make this thing look pretty. On that note Rake can we have a global Cascading Style Sheet? It'll decrease the amount of HTML code needed, because at this rate each page will need to have its own CSS for formatting and things
<div align='center'>You must always strive to be the best, but you must never believe that you are - Juan Manuel Fangio</div>

#38 User is offline   Hume 

• Banned Like a Mushroom
  • Group: Banned Users

Posted 03 January 2006 - 02:08 AM

@ Folken

You may want to correct some grammar in that CS..
Especially in the last paragraph.

#39 User is offline   Folken 

• Never throw your life away so easily

Posted 03 January 2006 - 02:12 AM

I'm working on such things Hume, you remember my tragedy with the hard drive lol:p

But other than that, you think it needs more info? Perhaps more detail on the actual conversation between Envy and Tool and perhaps the arrival of Moon's Spawn when Gruntle meets up with KB?
<div align='center'>You must always strive to be the best, but you must never believe that you are - Juan Manuel Fangio</div>

#40 User is offline   Anomander Rake 

• First Sword

Posted 03 January 2006 - 04:11 PM

yep. :D looks good to me.

Share this topic:

• 7 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users