• « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Whats making you happy right now

#18621 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 06 September 2022 - 03:12 PM

View PostRenewed For 2 More Seasons, on 06 September 2022 - 03:09 PM, said:

That's really incredible!

I've heard so many stories post-COVID of lost family members to the conspiracies....so to have mine not only return to the fold, but apologize and try to make endless amends...is astounding indeed.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#18622 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 06 September 2022 - 05:23 PM

Holy Johnny Appleseed Batman! The apple tree that abuts me and my neighbor's yard is fecund with an abundance of apples this year. Anyone have any good apple recipes? - pie, crisp, cake, turnovers, slap apple fun time games? These apples are the green variety, not sure what variety exactly but probably most likely a granny smith.

#18623 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 06 September 2022 - 06:19 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 06 September 2022 - 05:23 PM, said:

Holy Johnny Appleseed Batman! The apple tree that abuts me and my neighbor's yard is fecund with an abundance of apples this year. Anyone have any good apple recipes? - pie, crisp, cake, turnovers, slap apple fun time games? These apples are the green variety, not sure what variety exactly but probably most likely a granny smith.

https://smittenkitch...-granola-crisp/

Deb Perelman is a god and I worship her recipes.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#18624 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 06 September 2022 - 07:53 PM

Thx.

There's so many I think I'm going to collect a basket and take it to the equestrian center nearby that has a program for special needs children - offering therapeutic rides and such to instill confidence and break through communication reticence.

#18625 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 06 September 2022 - 08:14 PM

Oh those horses will love that. It's been a drought summer for us and upstate NY apples are very small this year.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#18626 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 06 September 2022 - 09:38 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 06 September 2022 - 03:12 PM, said:

View PostRenewed For 2 More Seasons, on 06 September 2022 - 03:09 PM, said:

That's really incredible!

I've heard so many stories post-COVID of lost family members to the conspiracies....so to have mine not only return to the fold, but apologize and try to make endless amends...is astounding indeed.

That's really great QT on so many levels. And your FIL is right, either you forgive or you don't. Good choice.

Between this and TLJ you've had quite the time of unexpected reversals!
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#18627 User is online   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 06 September 2022 - 09:51 PM

Uh what’s that now?
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#18628 User is offline   TheRetiredBridgeburner 

• House Knight

Posted 07 September 2022 - 08:43 AM

View PostQuickTidal, on 06 September 2022 - 02:55 PM, said:

My sister (and brother-in-law) and I have made up and started to heal the relationship.

I would never have thought it possible honestly. But back when we almost lost my mom a few months back, she hugged me and said she was sorry twice.

She's never said sorry to me in my life.

But after the most recent events in the "Groove" thread, she sent my wife and I long notes about how she wishes she could take back everything she said to me, and erase the animosity of the last two years. She took responsibility for everything she said and did, and apologized for not being there for me when mom got sick as she should have been and asked for my forgiveness.

I have given it. I told my father-in-law that I have not forgotten the things the said and maybe I'm not all the way there to forgiving her, maybe like 70% and he stopped me and said "If you're going to forgive her, do it 100%....because clinging onto some upset about what occurred will only serve to keep those negative feelings hanging around and that's not healthy"...and he's right.

So I've forgiven her 100% and we will mend our fractured relationship.

They got vaccinated late last year and I think that was their first step out of the conspiracy-laden nonsense. And my mom's illness and impending death has made them realize what's important and it's family that they'd ostracized.

Again, I never thought I'd see the day, but it makes me happy to see my sister not only offer an olive branch, but be sorry about everything...it's simply not like her, and I hope over time this wound heals.

This is wonderful!
- Wyrd bið ful aræd -

#18629 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 07 September 2022 - 12:12 PM

View PostRenewed For 2 More Seasons, on 06 September 2022 - 09:51 PM, said:

Uh what’s that now?

I re-visited TLJ and I like it now. I still have some issues with it, but the main thrust of the film works fine for me now, and things I refused to see on my initial (and only) watch in theatre, changed when I re-watched.

GROWTH!
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#18630 User is online   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 07 September 2022 - 01:24 PM

Hallelujah! I knew that day would come, if I just used every birthday wish since 2017 on it.

#18631 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 07 September 2022 - 03:55 PM

I'm so proud of you I might cry.

Speaking of, my little boy started pre-school today.

I nearly cried!
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#18632 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 07 September 2022 - 04:46 PM

View PostTiste Simeon, on 07 September 2022 - 03:55 PM, said:

I'm so proud of you I might cry.

Speaking of, my little boy started pre-school today.

I nearly cried!

Indeed. We had school start for ours today too, and funnily enough my son's (3, nearly 4) first day in Junior Kindergarten where we expected him to be upset, he was fine and excited as he trundled off inside the school without issue....but our daughter, who is 6 and has two years of school under her belt already, was sobbing in line for Grade 1 as my wife had to leave her to go help my son into his line on the other side of the school. Poor wee lass. I'll make sure to give her extra big hugs when I get home tonight.

It's always rough to see kids go into the school system and think "How can they be ready for this at that age?"

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 07 September 2022 - 04:47 PM

#18633 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 07 September 2022 - 07:40 PM

Finally got BA.5 bivalent booster (Moderna, since it's a larger dose and expected to last longer)---in two weeks time there will still be some indoor fringe festival shows (with masks and proof of vaccination required) that I might want to hazard (with my P100 mask and (probably) unvented goggles). In the meantime I might do an outdoor show this weekend or Monday that I can walk to:

'Recollection

CAUTION Theatre Company

If you knew that one day you would lose all of your memories- would you approach each day differently? Through a devised, interactive dance-theater piece that incorporates the five senses, contact improvisation, recycled material, photographs, olives, original music, and suitcases, a group of wanderers will reinvent The Spring Gardens and call upon a diverse audience to reminisce together and contemplate how life experience and the passage of time can simultaneously shape us and break us down.

In the wake of a COVID-19 Diagnosis (pre vaccination), creator Lauren Ackermann began experiencing persistent impairment of sustained attention, memory loss, and overall cognitive damage. As the pandemic progressed, neurologists began to classify these symptoms as "brain fog" but until then, because studies had yet to record the correlation, Ackermann attributed these experiences to recent traumatic events, aging, drug and alcohol use, and genetics and blamed herself for the condition. Desperately searching for a way to resolve her anxiety, she turned to art and Recollection was born.'

There's an outside chance I might go to this one (outdoors but I'd have to take public transport---which is supposedly well-ventilated...) in two weeks (at least I find the description amusing):

'Scoring the End
The MAAS Building Garden

Settlements of dust fall on the expanse of a passing afternoon. On a day like today, where there is no sun, the day is only passing. Given the debris on the windowsill, it's likely that a new genre of days are on the way. By which, I don't mean spring, but new days altogether. Some new, unfounded name, and in essence, unnameable altogether. Nothing is here for the purpose of use. Utility is a sign of the times. Efficacy, stupidity. A pink shirt draped on the horizon as if to gesture toward a sunset. A gesture is all it can ever amount to. A gesture toward allegory, a gesture toward rhythm, a gesture toward the artfulness of our age in general. The punch has been beaten back with a stick. In effect, the punch fails to exist, and therefore, there is no race toward it. A divine mystery, unfolding in a Shell gas station. The man at the counter is the only one saying things he believes. The [canine] days are upon us.

[...] Scoring the End attempts to generate numerous frictions in our art, culture, and politics, by asking how the 21st-century, post-pandemic body is moving and being moved by the world.'

This post has been edited by Azath Vitr (D'ivers: 07 September 2022 - 07:41 PM

#18634 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 07 September 2022 - 09:23 PM

Cousin over from the states, first time I've seen him in 4 years
Guinness time!

#18635 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 08 September 2022 - 11:03 PM

Holy guacamole! US Open Tennis - the match between Carlos Alcaraz and Jannik Sinner went until 3am in the morning and was the second longest match ever at the US Open. Now that's some individual human achievement. Tennis aint no joke, and the level of fitness demanded is up there with any sport.

Alcaraz won, next up is semi-final match against American Frances Tiafoe. Tiafoe has really captured the moment and has been quite the story. He will have a huge home crowd advantage.

#18636 User is online   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 09 September 2022 - 02:33 AM

Are ankle injuries common in tennis? I wonder what the wear and tear is.

#18637 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 09 September 2022 - 07:49 AM

Last night I had a small tangible growth moment.

Playing Starcraft Brood War, beat the hardest mission in that game without too much trouble. Still hard, but man, it felt good to see that I've actually improved so much at something.
Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

#18638 User is offline   TheRetiredBridgeburner 

• House Knight

Posted 11 September 2022 - 07:20 AM

Went to see Professor Brian Cox's tour last night. His voice is probably the most soothing way you can have your brain absolutely melted by complex physics.
- Wyrd bið ful aræd -

#18639 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 11 September 2022 - 07:32 AM

Things can only get better
They can only get better
If we disregard the second law of thermodynamics
(Things can only get, can only get)
Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

#18640 User is offline   Lady Bliss 

• Shameless Minister of Silly Catwalks of the Abyssmal Army
  • Group: The Abyssmal Army

Posted 13 September 2022 - 10:33 PM

I got a new job!! It pays well, looks interesting, and I felt like I had a great connection with my interviewers!! I’m so excited to start, and now I don’t need to worry about Blissling’s Christmas!

Oh, and I can’t wait to quit my current job that I hate!

This post has been edited by Lady Bliss: 13 September 2022 - 10:34 PM

"If you prick us do we not bleed? If you tickle us do we not laugh? If you poison us do we not die? And if you wrong us shall we not revenge?" - Shylock

Share this topic:

• 966 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

7 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users