• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Whats making you happy right now

#18061 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 26 June 2021 - 11:08 AM

View PostTiste Simeon, on 25 June 2021 - 09:44 PM, said:

Not that anyone noticed I was gone but I've logged back into the forum for the first time in a few weeks.

I hear the place had a meltdown in my absence. I'm not saying the two are linked, but...

Sorry mate, I assumed you were off doing Boris' work somewhere. You know, crushing freedoms, protecting the elites interests and all that. :D

This post has been edited by Tsundoku: 26 June 2021 - 11:09 AM

"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#18062 User is online   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 27 June 2021 - 08:44 AM

Boris has no jurisdiction here! So I just crush freedoms cos it's fun!
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#18063 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 29 June 2021 - 06:33 AM

Speaking of peace and quiet, we just went into a 3 day lockdown. At least half of the country is now in a short (thus far) lockdown.

Hopefully ol' Delta doesn't get too far out of hand.

I actually enquired about getting a Pfizer jab but was told it's via chain of command, and with all these other units and people with higher priority it may be a while.
I could go to a local GP (which I haven't been to in 14 years) after lockdown but I let my Medicare card lapse years ago. Ah well.
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#18064 User is online   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 03 July 2021 - 06:37 PM

Was thinking of going to a block party that's a bit of a PIA to travel to (only about 30 minutes though)... thankfully they have a livestream of the event with multiple camera angles and it looks almost empty. Possibly because of the expected rain. Music's not really my 'cup of meat' but it's okay. Was torn between that party and an outdoors show that's easier to get to anyway---think the show's winning out now... tbh I'd rather stay in but I'd suppose 'it's good for me'. Maybe I should just start walking around in the more crowded parts of the city a bit each day to get my human exposure / desensitization / in-person social practice (video isn't quite the same---though maybe I should try VR).

This post has been edited by Azath Vitr (D'ivers: 03 July 2021 - 06:38 PM

#18065 User is online   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 04 July 2021 - 04:34 PM

Figured out what colors to wear for the 4th of July---yellow, green, and black. (The opposite end of the spectrum from each of the US's traditional gang colors.) With some gray.

#18066 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 05 July 2021 - 02:13 AM

View PostBriar King, on 03 July 2021 - 11:05 PM, said:

Lmao has anyone else seen the Billy/Gizmo/Gremlins commercial for Mountain Dew? Pretty funny. I wonder if they are hinting at something with it or not?

There's a new cartoon version coming in the Fall i think. Not sure what audience it's intended for.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#18067 User is offline   Ain't_It_Just_ 

• The Recidivist
  • Group: LHTEC
  • Interests:Dungeons and Dragons, and the odd caramel slice.
  • The AIJman cometh

Posted 06 July 2021 - 12:45 PM

My brother is well into House of Chains now - and he just asked me his first question about the timeline :thumbup: Ah, the innocence of youth...
Suck it Errant!

"It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum...and I'm all out of gum."

QUOTE (KeithF @ Jun 30 2009, 09:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It has been proven beyond all reasonable doubt that the most powerful force on Wu is a bunch of messed-up Malazans with Moranth munitions.

#18068 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 06 July 2021 - 02:05 PM

I've just started The God is not Willing and damn if it isn't just picking up and carrying on the Malazan story following tCG. Having a shitty and stressful week but this is a ray of sunshine right now.
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#18069 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 06 July 2021 - 03:48 PM

Grandparents made it back home. My mom is starting to relax, and there's a possibility that she'll slowly get back to normal.

Being able to have suppers in the backyard again is nice. This is obviously soured by the realization that my grandma is eating herself to death and we're pretty powerless to stop it, but for the moment, there are the little, immediate things to enjoy.
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#18070 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 06 July 2021 - 04:01 PM

View PostTraveller, on 06 July 2021 - 02:05 PM, said:

I've just started The God is not Willing and damn if it isn't just picking up and carrying on the Malazan story following tCG. Having a shitty and stressful week but this is a ray of sunshine right now.

Good to know. I have it on tap for after I finish Sullivan's latest...so I'm diving into it as soon as my pre-order is delivered and I can't WAIT!
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#18071 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 06 July 2021 - 07:35 PM

I don't recall if I preordered or not

#18072 User is online   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 07 July 2021 - 03:41 AM

View PostQuickTidal, on 06 July 2021 - 04:01 PM, said:

Good to know. I have it on tap for after I finish Sullivan's latest...so I'm diving into it as soon as my pre-order is delivered and I can't WAIT!

You might wanna check the status of your order. Book Depository seems to be having supply issues even for pre-orders on this one.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#18073 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 07 July 2021 - 12:55 PM

View Postworry, on 07 July 2021 - 03:41 AM, said:

You might wanna check the status of your order. Book Depository seems to be having supply issues even for pre-orders on this one.

Yeah, I got the "it's been released to our warehouse" email on July 1st, but I guess it won't ship out til then and I've not received any shipping emails...so yeah, you're likely right. Boo. Oh well, I can wait.

Although how the eff they have shipping issues on PRE-ORDERS is beyond me. Like how do you fuck up a lead time like that?
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#18074 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 07 July 2021 - 02:51 PM

View PostBriar King, on 06 July 2021 - 01:34 AM, said:

Yay!!! My towns Wendy's was a total loss in Laura and today damn near 11 months later is the new ones grand opening. I'm not brave enough to try and fight the traffic to get in line but I hear on fb it's even crazier then when Churches Chicken opened last month and had traffic backed up to interstate.

I can't wait to taste one of those juicy burgers and heavenly nuggets after all this time since I last ate there.

Their burgers are ok.
Their fries are good enough.
I'm always down for a Frostie.

Their spicy chicken burger, with the spices mixed into the breading, w the sriracha mayo... GLORIOUS.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#18075 User is offline   Bapop 

• Lord of the Dining Tray

Posted 07 July 2021 - 07:43 PM

Finally got the first dose of Pfizer yesterday :D Even if we had scant restrictions to start with Sweden has started opening up so I'm glad I'm on the way to some sort of protection.
"I will live forever or die trying"

#18076 User is offline   Dutch 

• Bridgeburner
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen, American Football, Quick Ben

Posted 07 July 2021 - 08:20 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 07 July 2021 - 12:55 PM, said:

View Postworry, on 07 July 2021 - 03:41 AM, said:

Yeah, I got the "it's been released to our warehouse" email on July 1st, but I guess it won't ship out til then and I've not received any shipping emails...so yeah, you're likely right. Boo. Oh well, I can wait.

Although how the eff they have shipping issues on PRE-ORDERS is beyond me. Like how do you fuck up a lead time like that?

I have canceled the Bookdepository pre-order last weekend and within a few hours I had confirmation of the cancellation and was told that the refund would be on it's way which happened.

Ordered the book on amazon.co.uk and it was here in 3 working days (today). Usually it's 1 to 2 weeks.

So making me happy is that I have received the book. It might take a while before I get to read it though. 630 pages to go in "The mirror and the light" by Hilary Mantel
Sappers have a saying, he muttered. "Wide eyed stupid"

#18077 User is offline   Aptorian 

• How 'bout a hug?
  • Group: The Wheelchairs of War

Posted 08 July 2021 - 09:01 PM

You might want to take the cat for examination anyway. Animals are very good at hiding pain, so as to not appear weak. She might not be dying but maybe she's got arthritis or some other condition that you could ease with a daily medicin regiment.

I've definitely noticed my 14 year old cat some days being a bit stiff on her legs when she gets up after a long nap.

#18078 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 09 July 2021 - 01:11 AM

First time in the pool since the hard lockdown started end of Nov. My muscle endurance's gone, so was barely able to pull off 1.5 clicks in 45 min, and God knows how sore I'll be tomorrow; but it feels good to be slowly getting back into a routine. Had 2 pickup soccer games last week and full 11 on 11 exhibition game this week. Everything hurts, but feeling a lot better about myself.
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#18079 User is offline   Puck 

• Mausetöter

Posted 09 July 2021 - 05:58 PM

I'M BACK!

...not that anyone noticed me being gone, I figure, but my idiot ass had managed to lock myself out of my account. Thanks to those who helped me getting back in, you know who you are :thumbsup:
Puck was not birthed, she was cleaved from a lava flow and shaped by a fierce god's hands. - [worry]
Ninja Puck, Ninja Puck, really doesn't give a fuck..? - [King Lear]

#18080 User is online   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 09 July 2021 - 10:30 PM

'Team develops quantum simulator with 256 qubits, largest of its kind ever created

[... ] Under the right circumstances, the increase in qubits means the system can store and process exponentially more information than the classical bits on which standard computers run.

"The number of quantum states that are possible with only 256 qubits exceeds the number of atoms in the solar system," [...]

Already, the simulator has allowed researchers to observe several exotic quantum states of matter that had never before been realized experimentally, and to perform a quantum phase transition study so precise that it serves as the textbook example of how magnetism works at the quantum level.'

https://phys.org/new...ts-largest.html

Share this topic:

• 964 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

6 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users