• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Whats making you happy right now

#17761 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 19 September 2020 - 03:00 PM

Haha! I just have the biggest grin on my face. The Stanley Cup finals this year is being played by two teams (Dallas and Tampa Bay) that I don't think could be further from Canada. Hey Canada, you suck at your national sport. Be better Can't-A-Duh... be best.

You fond of produce? How do you like them apples! *POW!

This post has been edited by Malankazooie: 19 September 2020 - 03:26 PM

#17762 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 19 September 2020 - 11:41 PM

Wifey is working, kids are at grandmas. I've got a case of Oktoberfest and mexican food. I'm gonna sit on the front porch and listen to good music until they're both gone.
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#17763 User is offline   Cyphon 

• Cagey Bastard of TQB
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 29 September 2020 - 07:33 AM

Its nice to see that with everything you're dealing with that you're posting in the happy thread over the groove messing thread BK. I know the background music is 100% a messed up groove, but I'm glad there are some small silver linings here and there.
Para todos todo, para nosotros nada.

MottI'd always pegged you as more of an Ublala

#17764 User is offline   Gwynn ap Nudd 

• High Fist

Posted 01 October 2020 - 03:29 AM

It's fat bear week.

#17765 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 01 October 2020 - 04:38 PM

You hear the news Mez, new AC/DC album incoming this year!!!

#17766 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 02 October 2020 - 07:06 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 10 September 2020 - 07:47 PM, said:

Holy crap, a Rick Moranis sighting! Damn, I sometimes wondered whathappened to him and if he was happy. Growing up, we had the "Honey I" movieson pretty regular rotation, and they were a favorite of mine. I wondered ifhe was happy and content in retirement. He looks good, so this makes me happy. Leave it to that Canadian hunk Ryan Reynolds, to bring us this cheer.

EDIT: stupid tweet embed thing doesn't work for me for some reason. So here is the direct link: twitter.com/VancityReynolds/status/1303687095492505600

Not 'making me happy right now' but if you didn't see it:

'Actor Rick Moranis Randomly Punched in Face on Morning Walk in NYC

On an early morning walk on Central Park West, actor Rick Moranis, of Ghostbusters and Honey I Shrunk the Kids fame, was randomly punched in the face. Video footage shared by the NYPD shows a man dressed in black and an “I Love New York” hoodie with a backpack on his shoulder punch Moranis with a closed fist directly into the face. Afterwards, the actor fell to the ground and the suspect nonchalantly walked away. He went to the hospital after the incident and received treatment for his right hip, head, and back. The suspect is still on the loose.'

[video]

https://www.thedaily...=cheats&via=rss

Tbh I only recognized the name from your post....

#17767 User is offline   Azath Vitr (D'ivers 

• Ascendant

Posted 02 October 2020 - 07:23 PM

' Physicists build circuit that generates clean, limitless power from graphene

[...] "An energy-harvesting circuit based on graphene could be incorporated into a chip to provide clean, limitless, low-voltage power for small devices or sensors," [...]

freestanding graphene—a single layer of carbon atoms—ripples and buckles in a way that holds promise for energy harvesting.

The idea of harvesting energy from graphene is controversial because it refutes physicist Richard Feynman's well-known assertion that the thermal motion of atoms, known as Brownian motion, cannot do work. [...] found that at room temperature the thermal motion of graphene does in fact induce an alternating current (AC) in a circuit, an achievement thought to be impossible.

[...] The team used a relatively new field of physics to prove the diodes increased the circuit's power. "In proving this power enhancement, we drew from the emergent field of stochastic thermodynamics and extended the nearly century-old, celebrated theory of Nyquist," said coauthor Pradeep Kumar, associate professor of physics and coauthor.

According to Kumar, the graphene and circuit share a symbiotic relationship. Though the thermal environment is performing work on the load resistor, the graphene and circuit are at the same temperature and heat does not flow between the two.

That's an important distinction, said Thibado, because a temperature difference between the graphene and circuit, in a circuit producing power, would contradict the second law of thermodynamics. "This means that the second law of thermodynamics is not violated, nor is there any need to argue that 'Maxwell's Demon' is separating hot and cold electrons,"'

https://phys.org/new...r-graphene.html

This post has been edited by Azath Vitr (D'ivers: 02 October 2020 - 07:23 PM

#17768 User is offline   EmperorMagus 

• Scarecrow of Low House PEN
  • Group: Tehol's Blissful Chickens

Posted 03 October 2020 - 07:59 AM

View PostBriar King, on 03 October 2020 - 04:18 AM, said:

Geek update: Which really ain’t an update just a heads up that’s really way to fucking late to do anyone any good tonight but Mars and the Moon are dancing toe to toe right now and it’s amazing to see esp being in the mid 60’s at present which is toning down the heat haze. The effects of that really aren’t bad anyway with the Moon or planets but it has definitely helped with glorious Orion that is starting to creep across the sky in the AM. I go to bed to early to see Sirius rise but it’s on Orion’s heel so it shouldn’t take much longer before I see that blue jewel rising up. I will have to recalculate my time tables though cause I usually start seeing it mid to late October rising through the treetops to the east but now there are so many felled trees... it’s gonna be visible so much sooner and lower from my yard view point.

I was walking tonight and saw the bright thing hugging the moon. I was so curious what it was.

It's so gorgeous.
Dulce et decorum est
Pro patria mori
#sarcasm

#17769 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Interests:Football

Posted 08 October 2020 - 02:29 PM

The big 40. It's a good thing?
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#17770 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 08 October 2020 - 03:53 PM

Yes. 40 is the new 38.
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#17771 User is offline   Cyphon 

• Cagey Bastard of TQB

Posted 12 October 2020 - 05:41 PM

After accepting an offer on our house last week, we had an offer accepted on a house today. Sounds like the chain might be near complete too, so hopefully we can get this done before the stamp duty holiday ends in March.
Para todos todo, para nosotros nada.

MottI'd always pegged you as more of an Ublala

#17772 User is offline   Ain't_It_Just_ 

• The Recidivist
  • Group: LHTEC
  • Interests:Dungeons and Dragons, and the odd caramel slice.
  • The AIJman cometh

Posted 15 October 2020 - 07:55 AM

Recorded a duet with a friend - after so long in lockdown it's put the pep in my step!
Suck it Errant!

"It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum...and I'm all out of gum."

QUOTE (KeithF @ Jun 30 2009, 09:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It has been proven beyond all reasonable doubt that the most powerful force on Wu is a bunch of messed-up Malazans with Moranth munitions.

#17773 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 23 October 2020 - 01:25 PM

Watching Barack Obama speak and campaign for Joe Biden reminds me how much more normal and better things used to be. Can we make just one exception this time and allow Mr. Obama to be president again? We are in circumstances so highly outside the norm that I think it would be okay this one time to allow Mr. Obama one four year term to steer us back. Yeah yeah, I know it would require a change to the Constitution, but I guy can dream.

#17774 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 26 October 2020 - 08:37 PM

Holy crap, a Rick Moranis sighting! Damn, I sometimes wondered whathappened to him and if he was happy. Growing up, we had the "Honey I" movieson pretty regular rotation, and they were a favorite of mine. I wondered ifhe was happy and content in retirement. He looks good, so this makes me happy. Leave it to that Canadian hunk Ryan Reynolds, to bring us this cheer.

EDIT: stupid tweet embed thing doesn't work for me for some reason. So here is the direct link: twitter.com/VancityReynolds/status/1303687095492505600
<snip embed twitter link>

Was watching a movie trivia show last night and this episode was about movie monsters. One of the questions was to name the plant from Little Shop of Horrors. In answering (it's Audrey II btw), they talked about Rick Moranis having the lead in the movie. I vaguely remember the movie, but I sort of recall Rick Moranis was excellent. Anyway, it brought a smile to my face thinking about Rick Moranis again. We'll not talk about that ugly incident in NYC recently, fuck that 2020 year bullshit.

#17775 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 28 October 2020 - 05:50 PM

Congratulations LA Dodgers fans and the team for winning the World Series. Been since 1988 that you last held dominion over the world in baseball. I know LA is serious about their baseball and the Dodgers, so good on ya.

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Malankazooie: 28 October 2020 - 05:52 PM

#17776 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

• Malazan Yo Yo Champion 2009
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 29 October 2020 - 10:20 PM

The restaurants doing delivery since the pandemic. I never go out at night due to small child issues anyway so my eating repertoire has improved dramatically. Quesadillas and dirty fries tonight. Yes please.
Burn rubber =/= warp speed

#17777 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 30 October 2020 - 05:32 PM

View PostMalankazooie, on 26 October 2020 - 08:37 PM, said:

<snip embed twitter link>

Was watching a movie trivia show last night and this episode was about movie monsters. One of the questions was to name the plant from Little Shop of Horrors. In answering (it's Audrey II btw), they talked about Rick Moranis having the lead in the movie. I vaguely remember the movie, but I sort of recall Rick Moranis was excellent. Anyway, it brought a smile to my face thinking about Rick Moranis again. We'll not talk about that ugly incident in NYC recently, fuck that 2020 year bullshit.

This landed in my Inbox a few days ago.

Why 'Little Shop of Horrors' Is Uniquely Traumatizing

Isn't it weird how the serendipity of life will bring things like this to you in groups? It's like the subtle vibration of existence is trying to communicate something. I dunno what I'm sayin' It's close to Halloween, so maybe I'm just in a strange head space.

#17778 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 31 October 2020 - 09:52 PM

What the hell. Late afternoon, Halloween.

This dude, no older then in his early 20s came down my street riding his skateboard, wearing a 3 piece suit (without the jacket though), his vest had one of those sweet ass looking old-timer pocket watches. And he had full on detailed skeleton makeup and he was wearing a black beanie. And damn this dude was skinny as a beanpole. He must be going for some kind of hipster skeleton vibe. Then it dawned on me too late that he probably is a fan of the Tamsyn Muir Locked Tomb Trilogy books (Gideon / Harrow). I would have asked him but he was gone, skating away down the street.

This is the look he was rocking, sans the kick ass detailed skeleton head makeup. It's good to see some Halloween spirit out there in this 2020 shit year.

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Malankazooie: 31 October 2020 - 09:52 PM

#17779 User is offline   Loki 

• Knight Commander of Team Quick Ben
  • WWQBDFTW?

Posted 07 November 2020 - 07:26 PM

N7 Day

Wry, on 29 February 2012 - 10:50 AM, said:

And you're not complaining, you're criticizing. It's a side-effect of being better than everyone else, I get it sometimes too.

~TQB~

#17780 User is offline   Malankazooie 

• Elder God

Posted 07 November 2020 - 07:38 PM

Posted Image

Share this topic:

• 965 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic