• « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Whats making you happy right now

#16901 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 22 May 2019 - 01:23 PM

James Corden and his producers and such decided to do an AMA on Reddit....and it went terribly with them all roasting Corden like a Christmas turkey...JAYSUS, lol

https://np.reddit.co...i7s&sh=ded2ea4a
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#16902 User is offline   TheRetiredBridgeburner 

• House Knight
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 22 May 2019 - 01:55 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 22 May 2019 - 01:23 PM, said:

James Corden and his producers and such decided to do an AMA on Reddit....and it went terribly with them all roasting Corden like a Christmas turkey...JAYSUS, lol

Wow.

I mean I can't stand the bloke but I didn't realise it was quite so popular an opinion.

I'm sure there are "X celebrity is an asshole" stories about lots of people with no grain of truth to them... but there's no smoke without fire and it seems like there are rather a lot of those sort of anecdotes about him!

This post has been edited by TheRetiredBridgeburner: 22 May 2019 - 01:56 PM

- Wyrd biğ ful aræd -

#16903 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 22 May 2019 - 02:11 PM

View PostTheRetiredBridgeburner, on 22 May 2019 - 01:55 PM, said:

View PostQuickTidal, on 22 May 2019 - 01:23 PM, said:

Wow.

I mean I can't stand the bloke but I didn't realise it was quite so popular an opinion.

I'm sure there are "X celebrity is an asshole" stories about lots of people with no grain of truth to them... but there's no smoke without fire and it seems like there are rather a lot of those sort of anecdotes about him!

I scrolled through the entire thing, and this guy really does seem to add up to the stories about him being a dick, with many instances of him being an asshole corroborated.

There is anairplane story that makes him look TERRIBLE....and it's been confirmed by a bunch of people who were on that flight as accurate apparently, even though it seems like a made up anecdote.

I listened to him on David Tennant's podcast the other week and I thought to myself "Man, this bloke seems a tad full of himself"....interesting to note that feeling on my end was not an anomaly. LOL.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#16904 User is online   Garak 

• Emperor
  • Interests:40k, Star Wars, Babylon 5, WW2, A Song of Ice and Fire, the Drenai series, the Riftwar and all that followed it, D&D, Vikings, the Malazan Book of the Fallen. I think you get the gist of it.

Posted 27 May 2019 - 04:04 PM

The leader of the Social Democrats Party in my country (ignore the party name, they are a self serving crime group and nothing else) just got sent to jail. He was hoping his party would win the EU parliment elections here but they failed hard (he also just lost a referendum that killed his chances to avoid jail). His political ally, the head of the ALDE party, also suffered a defeat as his party didn't get enough votes to pass. Considering both of these cunts spew anti-EU rhetoric all the time (trying to blame the EU for the country;s shit economic situation ..... the one caused by them), it's good to see them lose. Especially since this gives a good idea of how the 2020 elections will go. Their chance to still be in charge of country is becoming slimmer by the day.

Not that I'm expecting great things from the other parties but the Social Democrats Party has been runing my country into the ground since the fall of the Soviet Union.
The meaning of life is BOOM!!!

#16905 User is offline   RACHEL 

• Captain

Posted 28 May 2019 - 04:04 PM

I won a Goodreads giveaway!!!!! A kindle copy of Limited Wish by Mark Lawrence. YEEESSSS

https://www.amazon.c...=gateway&sr=8-1

#16906 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 28 May 2019 - 06:18 PM

Congratulations!
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#16907 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 28 May 2019 - 06:18 PM

Noice
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#16908 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 28 May 2019 - 06:33 PM

This series of commercials just gets better and better as it goes on! PLOT TWIST!

#16909 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 28 May 2019 - 09:10 PM

About to go on vacation to Florence!
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#16910 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 29 May 2019 - 05:15 AM

Will you be visiting the machine?

#16911 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 29 May 2019 - 06:24 AM

View Postamphibian, on 28 May 2019 - 09:10 PM, said:

About to go on vacation to Florence!

Amazing city, you'll love it.

I'm off work today, and I'll be watching King of the Monsters in 4 hours with my boy - I don't know whose more excited!

This post has been edited by Traveller: 29 May 2019 - 06:29 AM

So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#16912 User is offline   Puck 

• Mausetöter

Posted 31 May 2019 - 12:48 AM

We got a new electric kettle. One that has several temperature levels, which means I can now enjoy my 20+ kinds of flavoured hot water aka tea at the proper temperatures right away and without adventures in getting the water to boil, then waiting until it cools down to the proper temperature. It's the small joys in life... *sips Milky Oolong*
Puck was not birthed, she was cleaved from a lava flow and shaped by a fierce god's hands. - [worry]
Ninja Puck, Ninja Puck, really doesn't give a fuck..? - [King Lear]

#16913 User is offline   Andorion 

• God
  • Interests:All things Malazan, sundry sci-fi and fantasy, history, Iron Maiden

Posted 31 May 2019 - 01:02 AM

View PostPuck, on 31 May 2019 - 12:48 AM, said:

We got a new electric kettle. One that has several temperature levels, which means I can now enjoy my 20+ kinds of flavoured hot water aka tea at the proper temperatures right away and without adventures in getting the water to boil, then waiting until it cools down to the proper temperature. It's the small joys in life... *sips Milky Oolong*

Wait.... all tea does not require dumping the leaves into boiling water?

#16914 User is offline   TheRetiredBridgeburner 

• House Knight

Posted 31 May 2019 - 05:45 AM

Nice! :lol:

I am off on holiday! Have a cottage in Devon for a week from Saturday but travelling down to Wiltshire today to stay with some friends - breaks the drive up and means I get to meet their now seven month old daughter, called Lyanna (the First of Her Name, naturally).

Also had my first proper session with my PT last night and it was so much fun. She gave me some tips on stretching off and I don't feel too bad today (possibly won't hit until tomorrow but hey ho) - but most importantly I figured out I'm much stronger than I thought I was with a bit of guidance and confidence giving. Excited for my next session when I get home!
- Wyrd biğ ful aræd -

#16915 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 31 May 2019 - 08:18 AM

Good omens tonight!
Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

#16916 User is offline   Puck 

• Mausetöter

Posted 31 May 2019 - 11:36 AM

View PostAndorion, on 31 May 2019 - 01:02 AM, said:

Wait.... all tea does not require dumping the leaves into boiling water?

It works with boiling water, especially Black Tea, but some teas are more delicate and develop their aroma better at 80°C (Oolong, White Tea) or 70°C (Green Tea). Some of the really expensive stuff (which I don't own) even goes down to 50°C. The standard temperature for electric kettles here and I'm sure everywhere is about 100°C.

You know, I am already glad you said leaves, not tea bags.

This post has been edited by Puck: 31 May 2019 - 11:37 AM

Puck was not birthed, she was cleaved from a lava flow and shaped by a fierce god's hands. - [worry]

#16917 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 31 May 2019 - 01:37 PM

Or just drink coffee, which is vastly superior.
Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

#16918 User is offline   Puck 

• Mausetöter

Posted 31 May 2019 - 02:38 PM

Gotta love that coffee breath.

But seriously, aside from the fact that I also drink coffee sometimes, tea does have health benefits (Sencha Benifuuki has enough antihistamines that drinking it daily means I can reduce my allergy meds), does not cause withdrawal symptoms and the caffein from tea is absorbed at a slower and more even rate than that from coffee, avoiding the dreaded caffein spike. People used to be able to tell if I'd had coffee or not by the uncharacteristic behaviour it causes in me, which is apparently hilarious but also kind of annyoing.

#16919 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 31 May 2019 - 02:54 PM

Before coffee was invented, i wonder what people did in the morning when they woke up and thought 'god i need a coffee'.

Making me happy, new tablet wheeEEEEeeeeeee, farewell slowly dying ipad, you have been cast aside and wholly utterly replaced by something younger, faster, and vastly sexier.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#16920 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 31 May 2019 - 02:55 PM

I hope you've gone Android. IPad looks fancy and works well, but you gotta pay for every bloody app and nothing is compatible.

Share this topic:

• 973 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users