• « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Whats making you happy right now

#14981 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 24 May 2017 - 12:45 PM

View PostLoki, on 18 May 2017 - 02:40 AM, said:

THOSE UNIFORMS!!!

Attachment DAD7iwzUMAAPHms.jpg

...the uniforms are a bone of contention since they feature the Delta insignia. At this point, the Delta was exclusively the Enterprise's logo, and was not taken on by all of Starfleet as the main insignia until after Kirk's 5-year mission...about 15 years from this show.

I'm also bothered by the lack of colour-coded departments. It's one of my favourite things in the Trek universe...and it's in play on Pike's Enterprise in the same timeline of this show (See: The Cage)....so why it's not being used here is baffling.

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 24 May 2017 - 12:47 PM

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#14982 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 24 May 2017 - 01:05 PM

If there's no redshirts.
How are we going to know who is going to die???

#14983 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 24 May 2017 - 01:45 PM

View PostMacros, on 24 May 2017 - 01:05 PM, said:

If there's no redshirts.
How are we going to know who is going to die???

Right?!
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#14984 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 24 May 2017 - 08:42 PM

YES!!! UNITED!!
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#14985 User is offline   Coltaine - 

• First Sword

Posted 24 May 2017 - 08:53 PM

Just back from a Tarte Flambee restaurant with an all you can eat option. Awesome in a group. We had nearly all kinds :wallbash:

Only disadvantage. You only get a new one you have finished the current one. So one has to do the sacrifice and eat the rest if something is left and no one wants it. I never want to see a Tarte Flambee with Nutella and bananas again ...

#14986 User is offline   Lady Bliss 

• Shameless Minister of Silly Catwalks of the Abyssmal Army
  • Group: The Abyssmal Army

Posted 25 May 2017 - 10:37 PM

View Post- Coltaine -, on 24 May 2017 - 08:53 PM, said:

Just back from a Tarte Flambee restaurant with an all you can eat option. Awesome in a group. We had nearly all kinds :wallbash:

Only disadvantage. You only get a new one you have finished the current one. So one has to do the sacrifice and eat the rest if something is left and no one wants it. I never want to see a Tarte Flambee with Nutella and bananas again ...

I had to look this up. So it's basically a french pizza place?
"If you prick us do we not bleed? If you tickle us do we not laugh? If you poison us do we not die? And if you wrong us shall we not revenge?" - Shylock

#14987 User is offline   LinearPhilosopher 

• House Knight
  • Interests:Everything.

Posted 26 May 2017 - 04:54 AM

Anime North is in less than 24 hours!!!!!!!

Just gotta get through tomorrows work day and im good.

Stay posted for pictures of Emperor Battlemech Espeon.

#14988 User is offline   Coltaine - 

• First Sword

Posted 26 May 2017 - 05:53 AM

View PostLady Bliss, on 25 May 2017 - 10:37 PM, said:

View Post- Coltaine -, on 24 May 2017 - 08:53 PM, said:

Just back from a Tarte Flambee restaurant with an all you can eat option. Awesome in a group. We had nearly all kinds :)

I had to look this up. So it's basically a french pizza place?

In the broadest sense. I guess the Alsatians would get crumpy if call it a pizza :wallbash:
The dough is thinner, no tomato sauce is used, cheese is also not always needed, but creme fraiche in most cases, the topping is fewer, but you can eat a lot more of it and the different tastes can be crazy, especially in the case of the sweet ones. Had one with vanilla ice cream and hot rasperies.

#14989 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 26 May 2017 - 11:48 AM

View PostLinearPhilosopher, on 26 May 2017 - 04:54 AM, said:

Do they still host that at the Marriott by the airport? Last time I went was probably like 2002...but it was fun.

#14990 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 28 May 2017 - 06:17 PM

Hot weather, first game of the new outdoor season tonight, and my hangover was gone by noon.

Many reasons to appreciate life right now.
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#14991 User is offline   HoosierDaddy 

• Believer
  • Interests:Football

Posted 28 May 2017 - 06:24 PM

The 500. Please no Alonzo win.
Trouble arrives when the opponents to such a system institute its extreme opposite, where individualism becomes godlike and sacrosanct, and no greater service to any other ideal (including community) is possible. In such a system rapacious greed thrives behind the guise of freedom, and the worst aspects of human nature come to the fore....

#14992 User is offline   LinearPhilosopher 

• House Knight
  • Interests:Everything.

Posted 29 May 2017 - 12:19 AM

View PostQuickTidal, on 26 May 2017 - 11:48 AM, said:

View PostLinearPhilosopher, on 26 May 2017 - 04:54 AM, said:

Do they still host that at the Marriott by the airport? Last time I went was probably like 2002...but it was fun.

yup

Was at the radisson, fantastic location

#14993 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 29 May 2017 - 06:27 AM

Fun drunken evening playing video games, board games and Cards Against Humanity with my gf, two of my siblings and their partners

One round of CaH proved it's not just what's on the cards but the delivery that makes it truly hilarious, cause I was laughing so hard I nearly threw up
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#14994 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

• Malazan Yo Yo Champion 2009
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 29 May 2017 - 07:09 PM

Three day week coming up. And the little bubbaloo is 1 on Friday. Which is really fucking weird.
Burn rubber =/= warp speed

#14995 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 29 May 2017 - 07:18 PM

View PostIlluyankas, on 29 May 2017 - 06:27 AM, said:

Fun drunken evening playing video games, board games and Cards Against Humanity with my gf, two of my siblings and their partners

One round of CaH proved it's not just what's on the cards but the delivery that makes it truly hilarious, cause I was laughing so hard I nearly threw up

This is all true. It should also be noted that knowing someone's particular funny bone helps immensely with the laugh factor as well. I have a few friends that know EXACTLY the right way to make me laugh till I cry with a card. Man, I love that game!

View PostMezla PigDog, on 29 May 2017 - 07:09 PM, said:

And the little bubbaloo is 1 on Friday. Which is really fucking weird.

Yay! Congrats on the year celebration. Time goes so fast!

I am finding it hard to believe that our little one is over 9 months already....and has enough personality (read: sass) to be put on a swing-set for the first time and give her mother the most withering look imaginable!

#14996 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 29 May 2017 - 07:25 PM

I played Telestrations this weekend and it's also a lol-funny game. It combines Telephone (not sure what it's called outside America, it's the game where you pass on a word or phrase along a chain of people and see what it morphs into at the end) and Pictionary. You get this notepad and a word/phrase, and then the chain alternates between drawing and guessing (by writing) the phrase until it gets back to the original person. Wish I took some pictures to show how my original "Soccer Mom" drawing turned into "Bowling Baby" by the end.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#14997 User is offline   Loki 

• Knight Commander of Team Quick Ben
  • WWQBDFTW?

Posted 29 May 2017 - 11:45 PM

View Postworry, on 29 May 2017 - 07:25 PM, said:

I played Telestrations this weekend and it's also a lol-funny game. It combines Telephone (not sure what it's called outside America, it's the game where you pass on a word or phrase along a chain of people and see what it morphs into at the end) and Pictionary. You get this notepad and a word/phrase, and then the chain alternates between drawing and guessing (by writing) the phrase until it gets back to the original person. Wish I took some pictures to show how my original "Soccer Mom" drawing turned into "Bowling Baby" by the end.

Telephone is called 'Chinese Whispers' in Australia. We're a real culturally sensitive bunch here. :wallbash:

Wry, on 29 February 2012 - 10:50 AM, said:

And you're not complaining, you're criticizing. It's a side-effect of being better than everyone else, I get it sometimes too.

~TQB~

#14998 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 29 May 2017 - 11:49 PM

Also here in England!
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#14999 User is offline   Kruppe of Darujhistan 

• Justly Vilified
  • Cheating Hood since 1955

Posted 30 May 2017 - 12:29 AM

View PostLoki, on 29 May 2017 - 11:45 PM, said:

Telephone is called 'Chinese Whispers' in Australia. We're a real culturally sensitive bunch here. :wallbash:

What do you call Chinese handball?
What is not forbidden is mandatory.

#15000 User is offline   Kruppe of Darujhistan 

• Justly Vilified
  • Cheating Hood since 1955

Posted 30 May 2017 - 12:46 AM

View PostKruppe of Darujhistan, on 30 May 2017 - 12:29 AM, said:

View PostLoki, on 29 May 2017 - 11:45 PM, said:

What do you call Chinese handball?

Nevermind...

Australian variation
A game very similar to Chinese handball is still very popular in Australian schools, where it is known simply as "handball". Some schools even have specially designed handball courts, which are divided into one-and-a-half meter or two-meter squares.

The Australian version of the game has enough variation to be considered on its own merits. Historically, as the wall version was mainly introduced through primary and secondary schools, despite its incredible popularity from the 1950s to 1970s in countries like Australia and New Zealand, it has experienced a gradual demise in many sections of these and certain other countries since those times. This 'trend' seemed to be more the result of a changing policy by education itself rather than a conscious decision made by young people, to "update" and build new and alter existing schools to include narrow paths and garden beds of various kinds around the perimeters of the school walls. Thus this newer policy prevented the playing of this game against the wall in many instances.

Nevertheless, with such a great number of different games and activities now being referred to as "handball" and with the advent of the quite different Olympic game of same name, in order to reduce confusion, the wall handball game in Australia (previously also called "downball" - which also carries other versions) is currently under some consideration for a name change to "Rebound Handball" by one of the game's former associations in Australia, the Victorian Downball-Veeball Association, though this has not yet come to full fruition at this stage. See Australian Handball

What is not forbidden is mandatory.

Share this topic:

• 973 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

16 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 16 guests, 0 anonymous users