• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Whats making you happy right now

#14641 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 06 February 2017 - 10:19 PM

Fingers crossed it wasn't The Jerky Boys with one of their classic pranks.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#14642 User is offline   EmperorMagus 

• Scarecrow of Low House PEN
  • Group: Tehol's Blissful Chickens

Posted 07 February 2017 - 07:19 AM

I've been writing a story (as a hobby) for a while now, and reading it is making me feel so talented (even though I know that I'm objectively NOT).

It's fun being proud of something you've done.
Dulce et decorum est
Pro patria mori
#sarcasm

#14643 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 07 February 2017 - 08:55 AM

I got a raise today. Workers started on my new bathroom. I'll get a veranda built in a month. Life is good.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#14644 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 08 February 2017 - 12:57 AM

took some pain, but I did hit full passive extension today. On my own I can pull off 4 degrees, so even if I get to that, that's going beyond noticeable.

I'm hopeful, as long as I can keep up working on it, i"ll have full motion in the arm again soon.
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#14645 User is offline   Loki 

• Knight Commander of Team Quick Ben
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • WWQBDFTW?

Posted 08 February 2017 - 02:32 AM

Dancing to Halestorm's 'I Like It Heavy' with my son who just shouted "Hallelujah Motherfucker take me to church". Oops! 🤘😂🤘

Wry, on 29 February 2012 - 10:50 AM, said:

And you're not complaining, you're criticizing. It's a side-effect of being better than everyone else, I get it sometimes too.

~TQB~

#14646 User is offline   LadyMTL 

• Epic bookworm

Posted 08 February 2017 - 12:17 PM

Loki, on 08 February 2017 - 02:32 AM, said:

Dancing to Halestorm's 'I Like It Heavy' with my son who just shouted "Hallelujah Motherfucker take me to church". Oops! 🤘😂🤘

This post is making me happy right now. There's just something about kids being vulgar...so wrong, but so funny. ;)
~ Denn die Toten reiten schnell. (Lenore)

#14647 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 08 February 2017 - 02:14 PM

LadyMTL, on 08 February 2017 - 12:17 PM, said:

This post is making me happy right now. There's just something about kids being vulgar...so wrong, but so funny. ;)

This is true. A friend of mine is aunt to a precocious little girl of 3, who came into the guest room while she and her hubby were sleeping, thinking it was her parents sleeping there, and she peeled back the covers to see her aunts face instead and after a moment of silence calmly said "Aw Fuck."

LMAO
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#14648 User is offline   Vengeance 

• High Priest of Shinrei Love and Worship
  • Group: Administrators
  • very good...;)

Posted 08 February 2017 - 08:50 PM

QuickTidal, on 08 February 2017 - 02:14 PM, said:

This post is making me happy right now. There's just something about kids being vulgar...so wrong, but so funny. :D

This is true. A friend of mine is aunt to a precocious little girl of 3, who came into the guest room while she and her hubby were sleeping, thinking it was her parents sleeping there, and she peeled back the covers to see her aunts face instead and after a moment of silence calmly said "Aw Fuck."

LMAO

When my son was 4 he was on top of a stool and dropped a crayon onto the floor below him. Same thing. Ahhh fuck.
My mother in-law was over and looked at me. Like I was going to tell him not to say that. I told her that he said it in the right context so why would I get mad.
I was so proud of him. ;)
How many fucking people do I have to hammer in order to get that across.
Hinter - Vengy - DIE. I trusted you you bastard!!!!!!!

Steven Erikson made drowning in alien cum possible - Obdigore

#14649 User is offline   Loki 

• WWQBDFTW?

Posted 08 February 2017 - 09:14 PM

Vengeance, on 08 February 2017 - 08:50 PM, said:

This post is making me happy right now. There's just something about kids being vulgar...so wrong, but so funny. :D

LMAO

When my son was 4 he was on top of a stool and dropped a crayon onto the floor below him. Same thing. Ahhh fuck.
My mother in-law was over and looked at me. Like I was going to tell him not to say that. I told her that he said it in the right context so why would I get mad.

So far the only times he has sworn have been when he has copied someone after they've sworn (and now copying the words to a song). He's yet to just come out and swear on his own. I don't swear often around him, usually only when something unexpected happens like breaking something or stubbing my toe. I've been saying 'ridiculous' and 'Maker's breath' and 'damn it' in place of usual swears. He says 'that's ridiculous' a lot. And 'damn it' occasionally. He prefers 'oh man!' courtesy of Swipper from Dora the Explorer.

When he is angry with someone he calls them a pinecone. :D

And you're not complaining, you're criticizing. It's a side-effect of being better than everyone else, I get it sometimes too.

~TQB~

#14650 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 08 February 2017 - 09:21 PM

Pinecone is a great insult.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#14651 User is offline   Andorion 

• God
  • Interests:All things Malazan, sundry sci-fi and fantasy, history, Iron Maiden

Posted 09 February 2017 - 01:18 AM

Loki, on 08 February 2017 - 09:14 PM, said:

LMAO

So far the only times he has sworn have been when he has copied someone after they've sworn (and now copying the words to a song). He's yet to just come out and swear on his own. I don't swear often around him, usually only when something unexpected happens like breaking something or stubbing my toe. I've been saying 'ridiculous' and 'Maker's breath' and 'damn it' in place of usual swears. He says 'that's ridiculous' a lot. And 'damn it' occasionally. He prefers 'oh man!' courtesy of Swipper from Dora the Explorer.

Pinecone is such an awesome insult! I am totally adopting this now

#14652 User is offline   Andorion 

• God

Posted 09 February 2017 - 01:18 AM

Cheesewiz, on 09 February 2017 - 01:09 AM, said:

Are you threatening me?

You are scared of pincecones?

#14653 User is offline   LinearPhilosopher 

• House Knight
  • Interests:Everything.

Posted 09 February 2017 - 02:33 AM

INTERVIEW WITH CORUS TOMORROW!!!!

EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!

#14654 User is offline   Loki 

• WWQBDFTW?

Posted 09 February 2017 - 03:19 AM

LinearPhilosopher, on 09 February 2017 - 02:33 AM, said:

INTERVIEW WITH CORUS TOMORROW!!!!

EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Canadian broadcasting company?

Also, GOOD LUCK!

~TQB~

#14655 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 09 February 2017 - 04:28 AM

Although we lost to the top team in the division (making it our 4th loss in a row), the core team somehow remains competitive (they weren't blow-out losses). If we can get our solid offensive players to get over injuries and show up regularly, we can actually make a good showing in this division.
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#14656 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 09 February 2017 - 12:15 PM

Loki, on 08 February 2017 - 09:14 PM, said:

LMAO

I realized i need to watch my mouth around the kid when she was 3.

She was walking across the living room and tripped on the cat, "Fucking Cat" she says. Wonder where she got that?
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#14657 User is offline   Andorion 

• God

Posted 09 February 2017 - 04:43 PM

Memories.

It's been a long day. I am very tired. I was just sitting by the window and watch the breeze stir the branches.

It was on a day very like this almost 6 years back that I told my SO I loved her for the first time.

I remember every single detail of that event.

I remember our first Valentines Day.... I had bought her a gift, but on the way to our date, I discovered much to my horror that I had forgotten to put it in my bag. I bought a perfume at the last minute. I gave her the proper gift later that week when we went to check out a new chocolate shop.

My memories are making me happy.

#14658 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 09 February 2017 - 06:06 PM

As a follow on.

I'm not going to go ahead and say it making me happy, because its something I hate doing, but it where it could potentially lead.

Having to redo/ update/ bla bla bla my CV tonight.

basically when the job I was running finished up a few weeks ago my current company didn't want to let me go as they have a project in London starting (which, ironically?, I have no desire to take on, and have parted ways with them as a long term project in Dublin was offered to me, starting in March, and I wanted some time off.)
anyway, for two weeks or so there I was just subbed into another company doing work on water treatment plants again (potable water, thank fuck, not like the literal shit flood I had to deal with lat year on the sewage treatment side of water works) The guy doing their commissioning and basically my point of contact within that company was someone who was actually a foreman on a job we were on years and years ago. great lad, we get on very well. He was trying to poach me for their company, asking me to jump ship, money wasn't good enough, yada yada ya, thanks but no, I'm heading to dublin.
so he rang me on Monday, saying he had just had a job offer come at him from the middle east, and he wasn't really in a position, life situation wise with his wife and dogs etc, to take it. if he knocked it back would I be interested?
Hells yes I would
so he messaged me today asking me to fire over my up to date CV, making sure I switch the focus on it to my petrochem and water treatment work. Basically he's trying to use the job offer as leverage to get a raise from his own company and is going to put me forward to ones hunting him in his stead, with the idea that he could go next year if they are expanding their electrical operations side.

sooo TLDR - updating my CV for a potential 2 year job in Dubai

This post has been edited by Macros: 09 February 2017 - 06:06 PM

#14659 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 11 February 2017 - 02:28 PM

Just waiting to pick Centz and Grimmy up! Should be a great evening.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#14660 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

• Malazan Yo Yo Champion 2009
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 11 February 2017 - 07:33 PM

You know those times when you know your other half is obstinately not listening to you and you know they need to? He's just realised I was right and had to come crawling. Oh the sweet I-told-you-so. Sadly it means I'm not getting the lovely dinner he had planned. I was telling him that the recipe he picked takes forever to cook but he just had to ignore me for fucking rugby and start a 4hr recipe at 7pm. It's worth it for petty victories. Take out!

Hope the Manky meetup is going well. Photos!

This post has been edited by Mezla PigDog: 11 February 2017 - 07:34 PM

Burn rubber =/= warp speed

Share this topic:

• 972 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

6 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users