• You cannot reply to this topic

Whats making you happy right now

#12961 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 23 January 2016 - 08:51 PM

View PostMezla PigDog, on 23 January 2016 - 07:54 PM, said:

Salt and pepper ribs I hope.

My jalfrezi was awesome although I can no longer feel my gums. I think I'm finally full.

Good job! Salt and pepper squid actually; capital ribs, egg fried rice, chow mein and spring rolls, and a bottle of wine which has mysteriously disappeared already.

Fortunately I stuck another in the freezer.
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#12962 User is offline   Arthur Dayne 

• Nuclear Baconator
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Cows and their subsequent steak, and pigs with their glorious bacon making capabilities.

Posted 25 January 2016 - 10:47 PM

The construction guys on the site where I work are filling in a large, deep hole inside of a controlled area. The dirt is coming in by dump truck then being pushed in by dirt (mud) ramp down into the hole. They managed to stick the (very heavy) bulldozer down at the bottom of the ramp and now can't get it pulled out despite chain hooking it to an excavator. Reminded me of the "Usually takes a crane to get it out" meme on 4chan. I giggled for about 20 minutes. Bulldozer is still nowhere near able to come out an hour later.
If your cat wasn't meant to fly, why wouldn't they make them bigger?

#12963 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 26 January 2016 - 03:53 AM

Decided to start my first Malazan reread this past weekend. Only read the 10 Erikson books the first time through so this time I'll be adding in all of ICE's as well as Bauchelain and Korbal Broach. I think I'll be trying the Tor.com reread companion as well. I've started with Night of Knives since it precedes GotM and also because I've not read it yet, but always wanted to know more about Kellanved and Dancer before. The only slight bummer is I know its going to be a slow read. I just have no time to spare for reading since I finished my first read of Malazan a year ago. I've tried to read a couple different books since but couldn't really get going on them. I don't think I'll have that problem with this series!

#12964 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 26 January 2016 - 07:20 AM

Second round interview tomorrow. Legal adviser for a university. I'm tentatively excited. I really want the job, but I have some competent competition, and I also worry a little about the sallary. Still, I want this job, and feel sort of proud that I was invited back for this one.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#12965 User is offline   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 26 January 2016 - 07:47 AM

After all the bad celeb news so far this year, what's making me happy is rapper B.O.B. coming out as a Flat Earth conspiracy theorist yesterday and still going hard today, including a sweet Neil Degrasse Tyson diss: https://soundcloud.c...feat-neil-tyson
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#12966 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 26 January 2016 - 08:16 PM

He and Tila Tequila are hilariously gullible. Also profoundly stupid, but that goes without saying.
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#12967 User is offline   Andorion 

• God
  • Interests:All things Malazan, sundry sci-fi and fantasy, history, Iron Maiden

Posted 27 January 2016 - 03:54 AM

My brother and father gave me the complete ASOIAF box set for my birthday! No more borrowing books from my friends!Posted Image

#12968 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 27 January 2016 - 12:59 PM

What superpower did you obtain?
Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

#12969 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 27 January 2016 - 01:02 PM

That interview went very well. I picked out issues from the case that the people who wrote it hadn't considerd, so that was a pluss. Also, I seemingly got along very well with the people doing the interview.

My experience is perfect for this job, but I've not had anything resembling this sort of responsibility before. So if I don't get it, that's probably the reason. Hopefully the reason.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#12970 User is offline   Arthur Dayne 

• Nuclear Baconator
  • Interests:Cows and their subsequent steak, and pigs with their glorious bacon making capabilities.

Posted 27 January 2016 - 01:29 PM

View PostRaging Cajun Gator King, on 27 January 2016 - 01:12 PM, said:

View PostGorefest, on 27 January 2016 - 12:59 PM, said:

Stay tuned to the sex thread and I may reveal the power up.

Or the poop thread...
If your cat wasn't meant to fly, why wouldn't they make them bigger?

#12971 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 27 January 2016 - 01:36 PM

View PostRaging Cajun Gator King, on 27 January 2016 - 01:12 PM, said:

View PostGorefest, on 27 January 2016 - 12:59 PM, said:

Stay tuned to the sex thread and I may reveal the power up.

You've gained the power of perverse knowledge? Dude, I could have hooked you up with all of that without planetary alignment.
Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

#12972 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 27 January 2016 - 09:27 PM

Not a huge fan of people remaking music videos, but this one is right in my bailiwick

Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#12973 User is offline   Lost Marine 

• Fist

Posted 27 January 2016 - 09:32 PM

Interviewed for two different positions with the same organization. They called to tell me I was their top candidate for both and are going to fly me out to meet everyone and decide which position I want. That's pretty cool and doesn't ever happen in my field.

Also, my boss called out of the blue to tell me he'd put me in for a raise. I guess the other folks called for a reference check.

It feels nice to be courted after slaving away here for years with no real recognition beyond "Hey you do good work, here's some more to do. Also Jim left, you need to do his work too. Oh and no raises this year again either."

#12974 User is offline   Gorefest 

• Witness

Posted 28 January 2016 - 01:02 AM

Did you tell your boss to stuff it?

OT: after winning the second division title last year with record-breaking points and goal tally, my football team is currently sitting fourth in the top league table. How's that for a bleeding success story! Go us! Shame that we still are in financial dire straits and will probably have to sell off half our team before the transfer window closes this weekend.

This post has been edited by Gorefest: 28 January 2016 - 01:02 AM

Yesterday, upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

#12975 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 28 January 2016 - 02:53 PM

Checked my order tracker and Blade of Tyshalle is "Out For Delivery"!!!

Fuckin A!
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#12976 User is offline   Lost Marine 

• Fist

Posted 28 January 2016 - 05:39 PM

View PostGorefest, on 28 January 2016 - 01:02 AM, said:

Did you tell your boss to stuff it?

OT: after winning the second division title last year with record-breaking points and goal tally, my football team is currently sitting fourth in the top league table. How's that for a bleeding success story! Go us! Shame that we still are in financial dire straits and will probably have to sell off half our team before the transfer window closes this weekend.

I didn't, I actually really like my boss and the place I work now. It's government work though so raises are tied to the legislature. This is just a better opportunity for my family.

#12977 User is offline   Gnaw 

• Recovering eating disordered addict of HHM
  • View gallery

Posted 28 January 2016 - 11:49 PM

I went to the store for smokes. Spent an hour geeking out over a 1962 International Harvester Scout that had just finished a full body-off restoration. The only question I didn't ask the guy was why the fuck anyone would do a body-off restoration of an IH Scout. I've got an invitation to see his collection this weekend: two 50's F-150s and a 1951 Studebaker truck!

Redneck heaven indeed.
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#12978 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken
  • https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XbGs_qK2PQA

Posted 29 January 2016 - 01:20 AM

I have been in just a really really good mood lately, I think last year making the change to go toward all hard skills and learning about Machining/Blacksmithing has been one of the most positive changes in my life. I am taking blacksmithing class and a project welding classes for the next year consistently...I found a local open forge and go their on Sunday's. My shop is starting to look like a real shop..

So I made the commitment and joined ABANA and signed up for their conference for 2016 to gain more insight today:

http://www.abana.org...s/en-us/d1.html

This guy out of Oakland trains how to make Viking Axes!
The Arts these guys forge is just breathtaking...

One day I hope to be good enough to start dropping pictures, but definitely am doing this reallllly on the side, it's a slow process and I wish I could quit my job to just focus on learning it...but then I would be homeless...so..one step at a time.
-If it's ka it'll come like a wind, and your plans will stand before it no more than a barn before a cyclone

#12979 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 29 January 2016 - 11:56 AM

One of the guys in the gym told me he'd not recognised me earlier because my body conditioning was so improved over the last time he'd seen me. Talk about a compliment - he's one of those ripped to fuck guys. Nice to know my Path to AZ is working.
Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

#12980 User is offline   TheRetiredBridgeburner 

• House Knight

Posted 29 January 2016 - 01:06 PM

Going to our village pub for dinner (doesn't sound exciting, but people drive for miles for their food!) and they recently acquired a fifteen week old black Labrador puppy. Puppy is certainly not an ulterior motive.... nope....

This post has been edited by TheRetiredBridgeburner: 29 January 2016 - 01:06 PM

- Wyrd bið ful aræd -

Share this topic:

• 972 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

7 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users