• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Whats making you happy right now

#12561 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 09 October 2015 - 06:27 PM

That poor character is destined to go through his life bellowing "C-O-I-T-H-U-S! Damnit!" at periodic intervals.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#12562 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 09 October 2015 - 08:08 PM

"Look I know it's funny I'm just getting really fucked off about thi- DAMN IT!"
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#12563 User is offline   LinearPhilosopher 

• House Knight
  • Interests:Everything.

Posted 10 October 2015 - 12:50 AM

had a good first day at work.

passed another exam on the way to being CPA

and got my voting taken care off.

Im happy.

#12564 User is offline   JPK 

• Lemming of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Sacrificing myself for everyone else's greater good!

Posted 11 October 2015 - 03:00 PM

Mrs Kitsu came to me this morning for "the baby talk". I'm pretty damn hyped up right now. The only thing that's really making me laugh is that the wedding was only three months ago.

#12565 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 11 October 2015 - 05:01 PM

Held a dual celebration yesterday-for my birthday, and for getting called 2 weeks ago.

Got a table at a Uki/Russian/Polish banquet hall. Had about 20 friends come out- roughly half of them my Uki friends, the other half my mostly Polish-speaking friends from school/soccer team- 2 halves of my life, so to speak.
Everyone had a blast. People got along, despite my initial fears of some awkwardness. A few of my friends got a bit too drunk and insisted I do my best mountain goat impression in the middle of the dancefloor all night long (I'm a terrible dancer, so majority of the time I just jump a lot). We were also the youngest of the 6 or so groups that were having their festivities there, so we totally dominated the place with our energy.

Due to all the aforementioned jumping I was sweating buckets, meaning I was mostly sober throughout the night and able to be a decent, alert host.

Woke up this morning feeling genuinely refreshed, brimming with energy and positivity. For the first time since the stuffy, official ceremonies, and accepting congrats from family and co-workers, I actually feel the enormous weight of the past 10 years off my shoulders. And knowing I have so many great people behind me is a huge part of that. It just... feels genuinely good to be alive.
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#12566 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 11 October 2015 - 05:26 PM

My wife makes the best mother trucking chili in the world.
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#12567 User is offline   Itwæs Nom 

• Inquisitor of High House Mafia

Posted 11 October 2015 - 05:27 PM

View PostMentalist, on 11 October 2015 - 05:01 PM, said:

Held a dual celebration yesterday-for my birthday, and for getting called 2 weeks ago.

Got a table at a Uki/Russian/Polish banquet hall. Had about 20 friends come out- roughly half of them my Uki friends, the other half my mostly Polish-speaking friends from school/soccer team- 2 halves of my life, so to speak.
Everyone had a blast. People got along, despite my initial fears of some awkwardness. A few of my friends got a bit too drunk and insisted I do my best mountain goat impression in the middle of the dancefloor all night long (I'm a terrible dancer, so majority of the time I just jump a lot). We were also the youngest of the 6 or so groups that were having their festivities there, so we totally dominated the place with our energy.

Due to all the aforementioned jumping I was sweating buckets, meaning I was mostly sober throughout the night and able to be a decent, alert host.

Woke up this morning feeling genuinely refreshed, brimming with energy and positivity. For the first time since the stuffy, official ceremonies, and accepting congrats from family and co-workers, I actually feel the enormous weight of the past 10 years off my shoulders. And knowing I have so many great people behind me is a huge part of that. It just... feels genuinely good to be alive.

I assume 'Uki' stands for 'Ukranian'? My mom is Ukranian too btw
All things fall from kings to rose petals

#12568 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

• Malazan Yo Yo Champion 2009
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 11 October 2015 - 06:50 PM

Congrats Ment. It does seem on the forum that you've been studying forever so you totally deserve to feel great now!

View PostSlow Ben, on 11 October 2015 - 05:26 PM, said:

My wife makes the best mother trucking chili in the world.

And so soon after baby no. 2! She's superwoman as well as an awesome chili chef.
Burn rubber =/= warp speed

#12569 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 11 October 2015 - 07:05 PM

View PostCharlie Nom, on 11 October 2015 - 05:27 PM, said:

I assume 'Uki' stands for 'Ukranian'? My mom is Ukranian too btw

Damn right it does, :)
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#12570 User is offline   Grimjust Bearegular 

• Irregular Bacon Berserker Medic of the Abyssmal Army
  • View gallery
  • Group: Malazan Artist
  • Interests:MAFIA, drawing and writing.
  • Godless killing machine - and proud of it!

Also, braaaaiiiinnnnzzzzzzzz!

Posted 13 October 2015 - 09:15 AM

I have a cat! She's a mean old bitch, but I love her!

That is all.
Things and stuffs...and other important objects.

#12571 User is offline   Gnaw 

• Recovering eating disordered addict of HHM
  • View gallery

Posted 15 October 2015 - 02:10 AM

Samsung 65" 4k. It's the visual version of Magnepans connected to Macintosh mono-blocks.

Awesome visual eye-candy.
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#12572 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 15 October 2015 - 03:07 AM

Anthony Bourdain wrote about why he loves doing Brazilian jiu jitsu. https://medium.com/p...nny-2004ad77ec1

The story of how he got started isn't quite told in this (his wife started, LOVED it, then later, his daughter started, and he finally made the jump into it while quitting cigarettes), but it's illuminative of how rolling around with other sweaty people is simultaneously hard, fun, puzzle-solving, and a legitimate thing to base travel around.

That essay resonates with me and why I do this. I'm really glad he and his family are having such a great time with this odd sport.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#12573 User is offline   Solidsnape 

• Emperor
  • Interests:Playing Guitar/Ukulele/Banjolele, reading, music, Wing Chun Kuen, my 2 boys and my wonderful GF.
  • From good 'ol Newcastle upon Tyne.

Posted 15 October 2015 - 08:20 AM

My oldest "little" boy is 7 today.
He's soooo bloody cute.

Can't wait to get stuck into that mario maker!!!

Happy Birthday Solidus!!!
"If you seek the crumpled bones of the T'lan Imass,
gather into one hand the sands of Raraku"
The Holy Desert
- Anonymous.

#12574 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 15 October 2015 - 05:17 PM

It's been almost a day already, but this:

is STILL the most exhilarating, and epic damned baseball moment I've ever witnessed. (CONTEXT HERE)

GO JAYS GO!

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 15 October 2015 - 05:19 PM

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#12575 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 16 October 2015 - 04:12 AM

Was that against the Rangers QT? If so, as a poor Angels fan, go Jays! :)
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#12576 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 16 October 2015 - 11:05 AM

View PostTiste Simeon, on 16 October 2015 - 04:12 AM, said:

Was that against the Rangers QT? If so, as a poor Angels fan, go Jays! :)

It was. Game 5, for the ALCS title, and moving on to the next round. The Rangers are out.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#12577 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 16 October 2015 - 01:45 PM

Good good! Thanks for avenging us :)
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#12578 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 16 October 2015 - 03:28 PM

View PostTiste Simeon, on 16 October 2015 - 01:45 PM, said:

Good good! Thanks for avenging us :)

It was our pleasure!

Also, the Rangers squad is filled with at least a few sore losers (Dryden, and Odom come to mind)...so it's nice to see them brought a bit low.

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 16 October 2015 - 03:28 PM

#12579 User is offline   Solidsnape 

• Emperor
  • Interests:Playing Guitar/Ukulele/Banjolele, reading, music, Wing Chun Kuen, my 2 boys and my wonderful GF.
  • From good 'ol Newcastle upon Tyne.

Posted 18 October 2015 - 12:56 PM

The Dan Carlin Hardcore Histories Podcast.
It's one of those things I can't believe I hadn't heard of.
Anyone who's into military history should give it a go if they haven't already.
Brilliant.
"If you seek the crumpled bones of the T'lan Imass,
gather into one hand the sands of Raraku"
The Holy Desert
- Anonymous.

#12580 User is offline   Gredfallan Ale 

• "But it's turtles all the way down"
  • Interests:Archery, cycling, science, & philosophy.

Posted 21 October 2015 - 10:23 AM

A couple of months, I returned to the board with a post about my depression in the Groove thread.

Well, today I can say that I've a positive outlook on life again, for the first time in years. I still have a long way to go, a lot of things to work on, a lot of stuff to fix, but I'm actually working on my career again and I'm enjoying it. I decided to join an advanced class lectured by my boss to get back into things and I'm actually enjoying it and handing in assignments. That last thing is a pretty big deal for me, as stopped doing that in the past because things were never up to my standards, so why hand them in? Now, I just hand them in and hope for the best. (Turns out they're fine, I've only received perfect markings so far.)

I have more confidence in my own teaching as well and started enjoying that again. As teaching is a pretty big part of my week, that's very significant for me.

Also, I've basically been offered a job in a the future, more or less the result of me showing progress again, so there's that as well.

Still, there are many moments that I can't see that. So, there's still a lot to work on. Nonetheless, today is a good day and there have been plenty of those in the last couple of weeks. That's progress.
'When I use a word,' Humpty Dumpty said, in rather a scornful tone, 'it means just what I choose it to mean — neither more nor less.'

'The question is,' said Alice, 'whether you can make words mean so many different things.'

'The question is,' said Humpty Dumpty, 'which is to be master — that's all.'

Share this topic:

• 967 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users