View PostSolidsnape, on 04 June 2015 - 01:35 PM, said:

View PostLoki, on 04 June 2015 - 08:59 AM, said:

View PostQuickTidal, on 03 June 2015 - 05:56 PM, said:

View PostSolidsnape, on 03 June 2015 - 04:18 PM, said:

View PostDolmen 2.0, on 03 June 2015 - 07:57 AM, said:

I'm a dad :p

Congratulations.
Now sleep...

Too late, he doesn't get to sleep again for like 2 years. Congrats Dolmen!

Don't let them scare you, every child is different. My son slept through the night from 3 weeks. Posted Image

Also, congrats!

Ha. So did mine.
At least my first did....

Serious, congrats man.
It's the shit.

I hate you both.....
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#12142 User is offline   Loki 

• Knight Commander of Team Quick Ben
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • WWQBDFTW?

Posted 05 June 2015 - 02:22 AM

View PostSlow Ben, on 05 June 2015 - 01:31 AM, said:

Congratulations.
Now sleep...

Don't let them scare you, every child is different. My son slept through the night from 3 weeks. Posted Image

Also, congrats!

Ha. So did mine.

Serious, congrats man.
It's the shit.

I hate you both.....

:p

I just received a progress report from one of my sponsor kids. Her name is Enkhjin and she is from Mongolia. She has just finished kindergarten and is excited about starting year 1. She even filled out the card all by herself. :p

I love getting letters from my sponsor kids.

Wry, on 29 February 2012 - 10:50 AM, said:

And you're not complaining, you're criticizing. It's a side-effect of being better than everyone else, I get it sometimes too.

~TQB~

#12143 User is offline   DeadHedge 

• Fist
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Reading MBotF and Playing 360/PC

Posted 05 June 2015 - 07:12 AM

Congratulations.
Now sleep...

Also, congrats!

Ha. So did mine.

Serious, congrats man.
It's the shit.

I hate you both.....

Congrats Dolmen, now you have an excuse to buy Lego :p

And for the record my sons coming up for 4 and so far he has slept every night 7 - 7 (bar from when ill obv) so you may get lucky
"The wise say that as vows are sworn, so are the reaped. I found this to be true"

Prince K'azz D'avore
Founder of the Crimson Guard

xbl GT - Arai Zenko

#12144 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 05 June 2015 - 06:13 PM

View PostDeadHedge, on 05 June 2015 - 07:12 AM, said:

Congratulations.
Now sleep...

Also, congrats!

Ha. So did mine.

Serious, congrats man.
It's the shit.

I hate you both.....

Congrats Dolmen, now you have an excuse to buy Lego :p

And for the record my sons coming up for 4 and so far he has slept every night 7 - 7 (bar from when ill obv) so you may get lucky

OK, i reeeaaallly hate you....
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#12145 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken
  • https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XbGs_qK2PQA

Posted 06 June 2015 - 06:12 PM

View PostMorgoth, on 04 June 2015 - 07:22 AM, said:

I'm going to our family cabin this week end. Take the day of tomorrow to drive the 5 hours there. It's an isolated log cabin in a small valley deep into the mountains towards the Swedish border. Nothing there but some sheep, deer and the occasional bear.

I'll bring the new Stephenson book, an excellent bottle of wine I've been saving and some quality beer. I'll by fresh produce at the closest market, make excellent meals and do long walks in the mountains. I'll also be bringing a lady, which makes the trip the first time I'll be doing something like this with a girl who is not my ex. I'm a little anxious, for obvious reasons I would think, but mostly happy that this is something I'm at all capable of doing.

Next time your up there you have to bring Annilation by VanderMeer, sounds like a excellent setting!
-If it's ka it'll come like a wind, and your plans will stand before it no more than a barn before a cyclone

#12146 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 08 June 2015 - 06:02 AM

View PostNicodimas, on 06 June 2015 - 06:12 PM, said:

View PostMorgoth, on 04 June 2015 - 07:22 AM, said:

I'm going to our family cabin this week end. Take the day of tomorrow to drive the 5 hours there. It's an isolated log cabin in a small valley deep into the mountains towards the Swedish border. Nothing there but some sheep, deer and the occasional bear.

I'll bring the new Stephenson book, an excellent bottle of wine I've been saving and some quality beer. I'll by fresh produce at the closest market, make excellent meals and do long walks in the mountains. I'll also be bringing a lady, which makes the trip the first time I'll be doing something like this with a girl who is not my ex. I'm a little anxious, for obvious reasons I would think, but mostly happy that this is something I'm at all capable of doing.

Next time your up there you have to bring Annilation by VanderMeer, sounds like a excellent setting!

Hah! I've already read it, but I wonder if I'd still be scared by it. The setting would certainly be fitting.

The trip was a great success by the by. Great weather, great food, great... other stuff. I hope it will be repeated.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#12147 User is offline   Messremb 

• Honorary Symp of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • High Artificer of Team Quick Ben

Posted 08 June 2015 - 06:36 PM

I've had a nicely productive day today - brewed up a new batch of beer this morning that is sat behind me bubbling happily then plastered the final 2 walls of the spare room and took delivery of new shower enclosure (although found that fitting it is going to need a lot more work than anticipated.) Now I just have a night shift at work to make it through...
"see that stranger's arm crushing the life from him - do you understand? Not an eternal prison for Messremb"

#12148 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 08 June 2015 - 07:34 PM

Now the details are finalised, I can follow up on my previous vague statement - my mum has been terminally ill from total renal failure, on the transplant list for three years and on dialysis for about 6 months, and now thanks to a good friend of hers donating a kidney to person A in town A, person A's friend donating a kidney to person B in city B, and person B's friend donating a kidney to person C around place C, person C's friend can donate a kidney to my mum! So not only is she now not going to die fairly soon, but no one else had to for it to happen!

Now we just have to wait for the operation tomorrow and it should all be fine.
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#12149 User is offline   Andorion 

• God
  • Interests:All things Malazan, sundry sci-fi and fantasy, history, Iron Maiden

Posted 09 June 2015 - 01:15 AM

View PostIlluyankas, on 08 June 2015 - 07:34 PM, said:

Now the details are finalised, I can follow up on my previous vague statement - my mum has been terminally ill from total renal failure, on the transplant list for three years and on dialysis for about 6 months, and now thanks to a good friend of hers donating a kidney to person A in town A, person A's friend donating a kidney to person B in city B, and person B's friend donating a kidney to person C around place C, person C's friend can donate a kidney to my mum! So not only is she now not going to die fairly soon, but no one else had to for it to happen!

OK firstly my sympathies for what your family must have endured these past years. And my best wishes for the operation. Hope your mother returns to health and happiness

#12150 User is online   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 09 June 2015 - 02:08 AM

Yah bigtime.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#12151 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 09 June 2015 - 05:19 AM

Indeed.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#12152 User is online   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 09 June 2015 - 06:10 AM

After the surgery tell her they accidentally installed a prostate instead. When she looks surprised you shout "Just kidney-ing!"
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#12153 User is offline   TheRetiredBridgeburner 

• House Knight

Posted 09 June 2015 - 04:22 PM

View PostIlluyankas, on 08 June 2015 - 07:34 PM, said:

That's great news - all the best for her ;)
- Wyrd bið ful aræd -

#12154 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 09 June 2015 - 09:09 PM

My mother's operation is over, despite an hour wait between what time they estimated the surgery ending and what time they actually rang, everything went well, thank fuck, ('unremarkable procedure' when remarkable means something's gone wrong is a great phrase to hear) and she's sleeping. My dad'll visit her as soon as possible tomorrow morning, and my brother and I will as soon after as possible. Now, it's not all over yet - they need to run more tests to make sure the new kidney is working, she's staying in the hospital for at least a week, and she'll be on anti-rejection drugs for the rest of her life which'll trash her immune system and put her at a high risk of skin cancer from sun exposure, among other things - but the important thing is that she's going to be not dying, which is all I could have wanted.
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#12155 User is offline   TheRetiredBridgeburner 

• House Knight

Posted 09 June 2015 - 09:14 PM

View PostIlluyankas, on 09 June 2015 - 09:09 PM, said:

My mother's operation is over, despite an hour wait between what time they estimated the surgery ending and what time they actually rang, everything went well, thank fuck, ('unremarkable procedure' when remarkable means something's gone wrong is a great phrase to hear) and she's sleeping. My dad'll visit her as soon as possible tomorrow morning, and my brother and I will as soon after as possible. Now, it's not all over yet - they need to run more tests to make sure the new kidney is working, she's staying in the hospital for at least a week, and she'll be on anti-rejection drugs for the rest of her life which'll trash her immune system and put her at a high risk of skin cancer from sun exposure, among other things - but the important thing is that she's going to be not dying, which is all I could have wanted.

Really, really pleased for you! Fingers crossed everything goes smoothly from here on in ;)
- Wyrd bið ful aræd -

#12156 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 10 June 2015 - 06:54 AM

View Postworry, on 09 June 2015 - 06:10 AM, said:

After the surgery tell her they accidentally installed a prostate instead. When she looks surprised you shout "Just kidney-ing!"

Ouch that pun was spleenful.
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#12157 User is offline   TheRetiredBridgeburner 

• House Knight

Posted 10 June 2015 - 05:53 PM

Apologies for sort of showing off again, but I finished the Chain of Dogs maps today! ;)

Posted Image

And they're now on the wall in the Nerd Cave together!

Posted Image
- Wyrd bið ful aræd -

#12158 User is offline   melonhead 

• Lieutenant

Posted 11 June 2015 - 02:44 PM

Finally got my philosophy assignment done! Submitted it online a grand total of 7 minutes 32 seconds before the cut-off date. That was the fastest, and possibly shittiest assignment I've ever done, but hey, its done, and I'm happy about it!
Do you think God stays in heaven because he too, lives in fear of what he's created?Steve BuscemiSpy Kids 2

#12159 User is offline   TwoBeakers 

• Recruit

Posted 12 June 2015 - 02:42 AM

Been working on my first R series grant for the past few weeks and the boss is reviewing it. Beaker2 said "Maybe he will come back and say everything is good, go ahead and submit...and then leprechauns will jump out and start tossing gold around."

Boss just sent me an email saying he only made one small change and it looks really good. I'm putting out Guinness for the leprechauns.

#12160 User is offline   melonhead 

• Lieutenant

Posted 15 June 2015 - 11:47 AM

One exam down, two left!
Do you think God stays in heaven because he too, lives in fear of what he's created?Steve BuscemiSpy Kids 2

Share this topic:

• 966 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users