• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Whats making you happy right now

#18841 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 02 March 2023 - 05:14 PM

Just so we're clear i'm going to drink even more to balance out all this.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#18842 User is offline   Puck 

• Mausetöter
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 02 March 2023 - 10:09 PM

Seeing myself mentioned within the previous pages of this here thread is making me extra happy :wub:

I did actually miss the forums, but been too busy getting used to the job I started in November. Today I officially got assigned tasks I'd been sort of jockeying for ever since, so I'm a happy if a bit nervous bunny now. I went from desperately looking for a new job in October to essentially being resposible for the redevelopment of my new workplace's corporate design, with two people sort of assisting me and me overseeing their work. Not quite what I signed up for, but I'm looking forward to the challenge and my colleagues and manager seem very happy with my performance on the job so far. That's after I essentially threatened to quit about a month ago (though I didn't really want to, lol, because I lucked out and ended up in the best team I have worked with in my working life so far). Which is makeing me very happy. But also, knowing myself, I should keep a certain distance and not get too emotionally invested. But I love the job so far and taking on those responsibilities will help me a bunch later on.

This post has been edited by Puck: 02 March 2023 - 10:12 PM

Puck was not birthed, she was cleaved from a lava flow and shaped by a fierce god's hands. - [worry]
Ninja Puck, Ninja Puck, really doesn't give a fuck..? - [King Lear]

#18843 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 03 March 2023 - 01:15 AM

View PostPuck, on 02 March 2023 - 10:09 PM, said:

Seeing myself mentioned within the previous pages of this here thread is making me extra happy :wub:

I did actually miss the forums, but been too busy getting used to the job I started in November. Today I officially got assigned tasks I'd been sort of jockeying for ever since, so I'm a happy if a bit nervous bunny now. I went from desperately looking for a new job in October to essentially being resposible for the redevelopment of my new workplace's corporate design, with two people sort of assisting me and me overseeing their work. Not quite what I signed up for, but I'm looking forward to the challenge and my colleagues and manager seem very happy with my performance on the job so far. That's after I essentially threatened to quit about a month ago (though I didn't really want to, lol, because I lucked out and ended up in the best team I have worked with in my working life so far). Which is makeing me very happy. But also, knowing myself, I should keep a certain distance and not get too emotionally invested. But I love the job so far and taking on those responsibilities will help me a bunch later on.

Congrats on the upward movement and new responsibilities!
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#18844 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 03 March 2023 - 08:09 AM

Always great to see you when you can drop in here! Congrats on the job situation too!
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#18845 User is offline   TheRetiredBridgeburner 

• House Knight

Posted 03 March 2023 - 09:43 AM

Great to read that things are going so well for you Puck! :)
- Wyrd biđ ful arćd -

#18846 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 03 March 2023 - 01:18 PM

Hell yeah Puck!
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#18847 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl
  • Interests:Redacted

Posted 03 March 2023 - 03:41 PM

They booked her for next week! Great stuff. We're on the way back up again. I'm so proud of her.
Debut novel 'Incarnate' now available on Kindle

#18848 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 03 March 2023 - 06:20 PM

Hell yeah Maarks wife!
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#18849 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 03 March 2023 - 09:06 PM

Ah great news!
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#18850 User is offline   TheRetiredBridgeburner 

• House Knight

Posted 04 March 2023 - 07:01 AM

Brilliant news! :D
- Wyrd biđ ful arćd -

#18851 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl

Posted 04 March 2023 - 07:04 AM

I gotta say the one positive about her having to go on grippy sock holiday is that it allowed us to really review our finances in depth - so when she's earning regularly again (soon) it will make things WAY easier to manage as we know when stuff is due, what's due, can reduce debt etc etc. Having a little supplemental income from streaming is helpful too, as usually I can pay for a week's worth of food from one payout.

#18852 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

• Malazan Yo Yo Champion 2009
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 04 March 2023 - 09:23 AM

Algorithms make me laugh. They will also lead to the destruction of civilisation as we know it. But still. You know how google photos likes to give you "On this day in..." reminders? A peak of photo taking occurred around school closures as we had to send photos of my sons school work in to teachers. He also enjoyed taking photos at the time but would take the most banal pictures imaginable. So I keep getting what are meant to be heartwarming reminders of the living hell that was January to May 2021 pandemic home school interspersed with photos of the bins and the toilet and the stairs. Life is pathetic on a daily basis!
Burn rubber =/= warp speed

#18853 User is offline   bubba 

• High Marshall
  • View gallery
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:5.3%
  • Kill all the golfers...

Posted 11 March 2023 - 04:18 AM

Road tripping with Amphibian tomorrow to go hang out with Ladybliss in Boston. Posted Image

#18854 User is online   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 11 March 2023 - 04:42 AM

Whoa! Have fun!
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#18855 User is offline   Lady Bliss 

• Shameless Minister of Silly Catwalks of the Abyssmal Army
  • Group: The Abyssmal Army

Posted 11 March 2023 - 11:46 PM

View Postbubba, on 11 March 2023 - 04:18 AM, said:

Road tripping with Amphibian tomorrow to go hang out with Ladybliss in Boston. Posted Image

It was lots of fun! We went to a museum and Amp introduced us to momo food which was delicious!
"If you prick us do we not bleed? If you tickle us do we not laugh? If you poison us do we not die? And if you wrong us shall we not revenge?" - Shylock

#18856 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken
  • https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XbGs_qK2PQA

Posted 13 March 2023 - 05:24 AM

So happy for these two..

—awesome scenes !

Attached File(s)

-If it's ka it'll come like a wind, and your plans will stand before it no more than a barn before a cyclone

#18857 User is offline   Maark Abbott 

• Part Time Catgirl

Posted 13 March 2023 - 07:49 AM

Band is playing this absolute rager on Sunday. Not sure if we're opening or second on the bill but yeah, should be a banger. (band isn't on this poster so it's neither of these two btw)

Posted Image

#18858 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

Posted 13 March 2023 - 09:50 PM

View PostLady Bliss, on 11 March 2023 - 11:46 PM, said:

It was lots of fun! We went to a museum and Amp introduced us to momo food which was delicious!

Really nice to see Bliss feeling good. I hope things are looking up for you a little bit.

#18859 User is offline   Lady Bliss 

• Shameless Minister of Silly Catwalks of the Abyssmal Army
  • Group: The Abyssmal Army

Posted 13 March 2023 - 10:04 PM

View PostMezla PigDog, on 13 March 2023 - 09:50 PM, said:

View PostLady Bliss, on 11 March 2023 - 11:46 PM, said:

Really nice to see Bliss feeling good. I hope things are looking up for you a little bit.

Thanks! I'm doing better but won't really recover till I can get my surgery.

So I am in a bit of a pickle on the career front and would appreciate any advice anyone can offer....

The Boston contract was a flop. The company that wanted me out there were a mess and I got no benefits as a contractor. Now we are down to two options. Companies always are more interested in hiring at the beginning of the year.

Option 1) Huge IT Service Management company that rhymes with Mapgemini. The role is a step down as I would not be a people manager, and I would be having to do Incident and Problem Management. Problem is fun, but Incident is chaotic and stressful. Doesn't pay quite as well as Option 2, but the benefits are excellent.

Option 2) Small (I'm talking about 20 employees and maybe some offshore to supplement) networking company called Nexgen Networks. They have been around about 15 years and have good growth potential. I would be over IT Operations there and making a bit more with maybe not as great of benefits, basically building out their processes and managing a team, as well as providing account management to their top clients. Much more interesting work to me, but I'm not sure if they are the most stable option.
Thoughts anyone?
"If you prick us do we not bleed? If you tickle us do we not laugh? If you poison us do we not die? And if you wrong us shall we not revenge?" - Shylock

#18860 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

Posted 13 March 2023 - 10:11 PM

Having worked for small businesses and large businesses, if I was feeling insecure, I'd take the larger business offer and to hell with job satisfaction. Regular income is key. Job satisfaction comes later.

BUT - two solid job options means you have been right all along to back yourself. So you should feel confident that whatever decision you take and for whatever reason, it won't be the last of you.

Share this topic:

• 964 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

4 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users