Whats making you happy right now

#17241 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 05 November 2019 - 07:55 PM

View PostMorgoth, on 05 November 2019 - 10:38 AM, said:

View PostTsundoku, on 05 November 2019 - 10:37 AM, said:

View PostMorgoth, on 04 November 2019 - 08:28 PM, said:

I've been to the second interview for a job, and tomorrow I'm going to the second interview for another job. Both seem pretty exciting, though the case I'm working on for tomorrow is really fun, and if that's the sort of work I'll be doing for them I'm very excited. Still, it's stressfull and it helps not at all that work has been more than a little crazy the last couple of weeks.

Didn't you just start a new job recently?

Hah, no I've been working for my current employer for almost 4 years now.

Pffft! Dilettante. :p
"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#17242 User is offline   TheRetiredBridgeburner 

• House Knight

Posted 05 November 2019 - 08:57 PM

Snagged tickets to Phantom of the Opera in Manchester for me, my mum and my oldest friend. I've wanted to see this since I was a kid! Posted Image
- Wyrd biđ ful arćd -

#17243 User is offline   Brujah 

• Suicide of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 05 November 2019 - 09:35 PM

Won 350 bucks on a scratch off
And when you're Gone, you stay Gone, or you be Gone. You lost all your Seven Cities privileges. - Karsa

you're such an inspiration for the ways that I will never, ever choose to be...
- Maynard James Keenan

#17244 User is offline   Puck 

• Mausetöter

Posted 06 November 2019 - 12:46 AM

Snagged a ticket for one of two live shows my favourite - like, favourite of favourites - band will do next year in Germany. And it's not just in Germany, it's just half an hour away. Can't believe my stupid luck, though to be fair, my area does have a sizable Russian-speaking population. It's been almost a decade since they played here and I never managed to go before and was prepared to give up on trying to ever see them live. Sooooo excited :dancer:
Puck was not birthed, she was cleaved from a lava flow and shaped by a fierce god's hands. - [worry]
Ninja Puck, Ninja Puck, really doesn't give a fuck..? - [King Lear]

#17245 User is offline   Morgoth 

• executor emeritus

Posted 06 November 2019 - 08:48 AM

Thanks you guys!

Interviews are exhausting and thrilling and frustrating. I can't help but look back and analyze my own performance. Fingers crossed.

My boss told me one of the prospective employers called him for a reference. So we got to talking about what they could offer me for me to stay. It was a very productive conversation, both in regards to salary, and in effectuating some improvements I've wanted to get done for some time. If the interviews don't pan out, or if the offers I receive aren't to my liking, it looks like I'm still getting some benefit from this. A true win win situation! It is gratifying to know that I am valued by my current employer too.
Take good care to keep relations civil
It's decent in the first of gentlemen
To speak friendly, Even to the devil

#17246 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 06 November 2019 - 09:44 AM

View PostMorgoth, on 06 November 2019 - 08:48 AM, said:

Thanks you guys!

Interviews are exhausting and thrilling and frustrating. I can't help but look back and analyze my own performance. Fingers crossed.

My boss told me one of the prospective employers called him for a reference. So we got to talking about what they could offer me for me to stay. It was a very productive conversation, both in regards to salary, and in effectuating some improvements I've wanted to get done for some time. If the interviews don't pan out, or if the offers I receive aren't to my liking, it looks like I'm still getting some benefit from this. A true win win situation!

Good for you. :)

It is gratifying to know that I am valued by my current employer too.

... what does that feel like?

Besides 'gratifying'?

This post has been edited by Tsundoku: 06 November 2019 - 09:44 AM

"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#17247 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 06 November 2019 - 01:38 PM

View PostTheRetiredBridgeburner, on 05 November 2019 - 08:57 PM, said:

Snagged tickets to Phantom of the Opera in Manchester for me, my mum and my oldest friend. I've wanted to see this since I was a kid! Posted Image

Have you never seen it?! Oh man, what a treat! All I Ask Of You is my jam from that musical.

ENJOY!
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#17248 User is offline   TheRetiredBridgeburner 

• House Knight

Posted 06 November 2019 - 03:03 PM

I have the original West End cast recording on CD (Michael Crawford and Sarah Brightman) and have the 25th Anniversary concert on DVD... but I've yet to see it in a theatre. Can't wait!!
- Wyrd biđ ful arćd -

#17249 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 06 November 2019 - 04:53 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 06 November 2019 - 01:38 PM, said:

View PostTheRetiredBridgeburner, on 05 November 2019 - 08:57 PM, said:

Have you never seen it?! Oh man, what a treat! All I Ask Of You is my jam from that musical.

ENJOY!

View PostTheRetiredBridgeburner, on 06 November 2019 - 03:03 PM, said:

I have the original West End cast recording on CD (Michael Crawford and Sarah Brightman) and have the 25th Anniversary concert on DVD... but I've yet to see it in a theatre. Can't wait!!

Seen it twice. You're in for a treat.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#17250 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 06 November 2019 - 05:08 PM

View PostTheRetiredBridgeburner, on 06 November 2019 - 03:03 PM, said:

I will only warn you that whoever is playing Christine will change it up from Brightman's iconic performance from the original run. I've seen it a bunch of times since the 90's and every single Christine put her own "spin" on the songs, sometimes this goes over fine and sometimes it was bothersome. Mostly because I'd listened to the original cast recording so much that Brightman's exacting performance is indelible on my brain, so even little musical hitches and changes make me wince.

Oh, and “Notes/Twisted Every Way” can sound like a mental asylum live if not performed exactly as it should be. I've seen it done well and poorly.

Otherwise you're in for a treat, especially if the set direction is solid!
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#17251 User is offline   TheRetiredBridgeburner 

• House Knight

Posted 06 November 2019 - 05:09 PM

Cheers guys! :D

Yeah I get the "own spin" thing being a pain when you're so used to one version - took me an age to warm to Sierra Bogges (the 25th Anniversary Christine) for the same reason!

And it's also the reason I can never quite settle with anyone playing Valjean in Les Mis - because I heard Colm Wilkinson first and nothing or nobody is ever going to top it.

This post has been edited by TheRetiredBridgeburner: 06 November 2019 - 05:13 PM

- Wyrd biđ ful arćd -

#17252 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 06 November 2019 - 06:54 PM

View PostTheRetiredBridgeburner, on 06 November 2019 - 05:09 PM, said:

And it's also the reason I can never quite settle with anyone playing Valjean in Les Mis - because I heard Colm Wilkinson first and nothing or nobody is ever going to top it.

Are you me? Because this is me.

LOL

#17253 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

• Malazan Yo Yo Champion 2009
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 08 November 2019 - 10:51 PM

I had 3 new people start in my team at work this week. I have worked 40 hours in 4 days and I'm knackered but they were all really lovely so I have a warm fuzzy feeling. May be the booze I had to try to express wind down at the end of the week. But hey, it's the thought that counts.
Burn rubber =/= warp speed

#17254 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 10 November 2019 - 01:09 AM

First weekend not spent at the condo. Did a whole bunch of paper-sorting. I can see my desk again- for a solid month it was covered in letters, papers and all the greetign cards I got for my birthday, almost a month ago.

Now I got a ton of stuff sorted out, and I finally found the second Tims gift card I got from a grateful client this year. I ran out of money on the first one 2 weeks ago, and I kept trying to find the second one whenever I had some semblance of free time.

Also had the time to finally re-register for the new login system for the Student Loan Service Centre and take a look at my outstanding balance. I'm down to an amount that I can manage to just pay off by the end of the year and not have to worry about it anymore.

Feels good not to have to rush anywhere.
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#17255 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 14 November 2019 - 12:54 PM

I decided to ask to take every Friday off for the rest of the year before I go on posting leave 20 Dec.

Miracle of miracles they okayed it.

I'm still waiting for this one to bite me on the arse, but in the meantime I'll enjoy my 3 day weekends for the next month and a half.

#17256 User is offline   Brujah 

• Suicide of High House Mafia

Posted 14 November 2019 - 01:10 PM

View PostBfuckinK, on 12 November 2019 - 12:10 AM, said:

Winter is coming a month ahead of schedule. Low tomorrow of 26F with 17F windchill. Kinda mind blowing. That’s like every other year or three rare mid January temps.

Weather was indeed weird this year for the southeast. It went from high 80s F in the middle of October to being 26F this morning. We usually get a period of good weather between summer and winter, but it feels like we skipped Fall, and went from Hot As Heck to Cold. No lasting period of 65 to 70 F
And when you're Gone, you stay Gone, or you be Gone. You lost all your Seven Cities privileges. - Karsa

you're such an inspiration for the ways that I will never, ever choose to be...
- Maynard James Keenan

#17257 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

• Malazan Yo Yo Champion 2009
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 15 November 2019 - 12:54 PM

Mother in law just left after staying for a week and a half. Relief.
Burn rubber =/= warp speed

#17258 User is offline   Tiste Simeon 

• Faith, Heavy Metal & Bacon

Posted 16 November 2019 - 10:00 PM

My son turns 1 tomorrow and if that wasn't the quickest year ever I dunno what was!
A Haunting Poem
I Scream
You Scream
We all Scream
For I Scream.

#17259 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 17 November 2019 - 12:43 AM

It gets worse!!!!
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#17260 User is offline   Puck 

• Mausetöter

Posted 17 November 2019 - 02:42 PM

Peace and quiet for the next three days.

Edit: Also, I think I finally managed to rein in my wayward sleeping schedule back towards more human fields, as in not staying up until 4am then walking around like a zombie on four hours of sleep. I'm at around seven hours of sleep now, which is a huge improvement.

This post has been edited by Puck: 17 November 2019 - 02:44 PM

Puck was not birthed, she was cleaved from a lava flow and shaped by a fierce god's hands. - [worry]
Ninja Puck, Ninja Puck, really doesn't give a fuck..? - [King Lear]

Share this topic:

• 966 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

14 User(s) are reading this topic
1 members, 12 guests, 1 anonymous users

1. Cause