• « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Malazan Pick'em Football !

#161 User is offline   Shinrei 

• charin charin
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 07 January 2009 - 11:30 PM

Scoreboard updated! (what happened to moridin?)
Sorry for the delay. I'm a bad orginizer. And speller.
I like the idea of a playoff between Daser and Grumble, but I don't want to make the process too lengthy (since I already dropped the ball and made it too lengthy).

SO! Grumble and Daser, please pick a winner for EACH of the 4 Divisional Playoff games. The best record will be declared the winner. If both of you get the same number correct, I guess we'll have to continue on to next week.

Agreeable?

This post has been edited by The 20th: 07 January 2009 - 11:39 PM

You’ve never heard of the Silanda? … It’s the ship that made the Warren of Telas run in less than 12 parsecs.

#162 User is offline   Grumble 

• High Mage of High House HAWT

Posted 08 January 2009 - 07:43 AM

View PostThe 20th, on Jan 7 2009, 11:30 PM, said:

Scoreboard updated! (what happened to moridin?)
Sorry for the delay. I'm a bad orginizer. And speller.
I like the idea of a playoff between Daser and Grumble, but I don't want to make the process too lengthy (since I already dropped the ball and made it too lengthy).

SO! Grumble and Daser, please pick a winner for EACH of the 4 Divisional Playoff games. The best record will be declared the winner. If both of you get the same number correct, I guess we'll have to continue on to next week.

Agreeable?

What do you think Daser ... is this necessary.

If you do wish to play on I think we should PM our picks to Shin ( The 20th ).
What Would Jack Do ?

#163 User is offline   Daser 

• First Sword

Posted 10 January 2009 - 03:00 AM

When it comes to sports i dont like ties for championships or Trophys so lets decide this.

I hope i aint posting to late for you to make your picks Grumble.

Wow this is much harder when you have to guess/predict all games than just picking 1, but here i go.

Ravens - Titans

2 damn good teams but i like the Ravens better because they are a bit more balanced betwen there rushing/throwing attack and have the cindarella QB story going at the same time.

Chargers - Steelers

Chargers have 1 of the best QB if you ask me but is it enough when Tomlinson is doubtfull. Steelers have H. Ward which is great and a defense that just never stop making things happend.
Dammit i guess i have a mancrush on Philip Rivers so go Chargers.

Eagles - Giants

The Eagles are looking good and my nephew who are a big fan, says they are going all the way this year, but i just dont think they have enough strings to play on and Giants have plenty even without P. Burress.

Cardinals - Panthers

Around week 15 i thought either Patriots or Panthers was the best bid for champs among the teams i like. Since Panthers are whats left of my teams i will cheer like madman for them.

Good luck Grumble i am looking forward to see your choices and hope you will give short reasons why you pick like you do.

#164 User is offline   Grumble 

Posted 10 January 2009 - 11:59 AM

View PostDaser, on Jan 10 2009, 03:00 AM, said:

When it comes to sports i dont like ties for championships or Trophys so lets decide this.

I hope i aint posting to late for you to make your picks Grumble.

Wow this is much harder when you have to guess/predict all games than just picking 1, but here i go.

Ravens - Titans

2 damn good teams but i like the Ravens better because they are a bit more balanced betwen there rushing/throwing attack and have the cindarella QB story going at the same time.

Chargers - Steelers

Chargers have 1 of the best QB if you ask me but is it enough when Tomlinson is doubtfull. Steelers have H. Ward which is great and a defense that just never stop making things happend.
Dammit i guess i have a mancrush on Philip Rivers so go Chargers.

Eagles - Giants

The Eagles are looking good and my nephew who are a big fan, says they are going all the way this year, but i just dont think they have enough strings to play on and Giants have plenty even without P. Burress.

Cardinals - Panthers

Around week 15 i thought either Patriots or Panthers was the best bid for champs among the teams i like. Since Panthers are whats left of my teams i will cheer like madman for them.

Good luck Grumble i am looking forward to see your choices and hope you will give short reasons why you pick like you do.

Well I did suggest we PM our picks to Shin so neither would know what the other had chosen but I see that's not your style.
That said I see 2 games differently !

Like you I am taking the Panthers over the Cardinals ..... I see the Panthers as a much more balanced team these days and expect their running threat to allow them to make enough key plays in the passing game to take the win ..... Cards showed me something last week but I expect their road woes to continue.

The Weather will be a key factor in the Giants victory over the Eagles, but I am expecting the G-mens running game and superior offensive line play to tell in the end ..... tough one to call for me as both have beaten each other on the road this year and you have to love Brian Westbrook and Jim Johnsons D !

Over in the AFC I do see things differently.

Like you I think the Ravens/Titans are very well matched almost clones of each other ..... and like you I was favouring the Ravens because of their veteran D Lewis/Reed et al, however despite the loss of All Pro C Kevin Mawae I think the Titans win a close one and Cinders misses the ball !

Finally Steelers beat the Chargers ..... Steelers contain Sproles and challenge Rivers to beat them. Leagues best Defence wins that one ! ..... another close game I think but no amount of Man Love will help the Bolts. Steelers going to the Super Bowl.

Well just two guy's thoughts i guess ..... let's see how it plays out ..... Good Luck Daser !!!
What Would Jack Do ?

#165 User is offline   Shinrei 

• charin charin

Posted 12 January 2009 - 08:50 AM

How'd you guys tie for the best record and then each get only 1 out of 4? :(

OK

Pick the winners of the championship games AND the winner of the superbowl. However, if the winner is decided during the championship weekend, the super bowl pick is moot.

TO BE CERTAIN OF A WINNER: Please also pick the final combined points of the super bowl.
You’ve never heard of the Silanda? … It’s the ship that made the Warren of Telas run in less than 12 parsecs.

#166 User is offline   Grumble 

Posted 12 January 2009 - 08:14 PM

View PostThe 20th, on Jan 12 2009, 08:50 AM, said:

OK

Pick the winners of the championship games AND the winner of the superbowl. However, if the winner is decided during the championship weekend, the super bowl pick is moot.

TO BE CERTAIN OF A WINNER: Please also pick the final combined points of the super bowl.

Someone tore up the formbook ! :Surprise:

Picks to be PM'd to you right ?
What Would Jack Do ?

#167 User is offline   Daser 

• First Sword

Posted 13 January 2009 - 12:13 PM

View PostThe 20th, on Jan 12 2009, 09:50 AM, said:

OK

Hrmm i will defend myself alittle.

If we was just picking 1 game i would have lost becuase i would have taken Panthers. I never saw that loss coming.
2 games was 50/50 matchups to me and i got 1 win, 1 loss out of it. The last game i took my manlove for P. Rivers against the Steelers. Stupid but can be done when no money is at stake.

Did you do any better The 20th?

Grumble i have quick offer for you. I see the Eagles - Cardinal game as 50/50 match and since i love the throwing game i will put all on the line on Warners arm. If you like the Eagles and want this over faster then let me know, if not we will do as The 20th say.

#168 User is offline   Grumble 

Posted 15 January 2009 - 06:04 PM

If you are taking Baltimore to beat my pick Pittsburgh, I will pick Philly V's the Cards ...... is that what you are suggesting???
What Would Jack Do ?

#169 User is offline   Daser 

• First Sword

Posted 16 January 2009 - 08:55 AM

View PostGrumble, on Jan 15 2009, 07:04 PM, said:

If you are taking Baltimore to beat my pick Pittsburgh, I will pick Philly V's the Cards ...... is that what you are suggesting???

NO i agree that steelers are quite huge favorit. Since the Eagles - Cardinal game is more equal i was suggesting letting that game decide it all. I was hoping you like the Eagles since i am huge fan og throwing teams and is going to root for Kurt Warner.
If we both are going to pick the same teams for the championship games we might as well wait until the superbowl and see who gets closest to the score since we will be equal no matter what the other games end.

#170 User is offline   Grumble 

Posted 16 January 2009 - 10:26 PM

Might as well knock this on the head then .......

(13-2-1)Grumble : Giants, Chargers, Jaguars, Cowboys, Saints, Redskins, Jets, Bears, Cardinals, Eagles, Steelers, Titans, Vikings, Colts, Texans, Packers
(13-2) Daser: -----, Broncos, Jaguars, Dolphins, Vikings, Giants, Jets, Bears, Patriots, Colts, Cowboys, Bills, Titans, Panthers, Texans, Falcons
(11-2)Moridin : Titans, Bills, Bengals, Cowboys, Vikings, Buccaneers, Redskins, Bears, -----, Panthers, Steelers, Colts, Packers, Dolphins
(12-3)Bent : Giants, Patriots, Bengals, Bears, Jets, Steelers, Panthers, Buccaneers, Titans, KidneyStone, Broncos, Cowboys, Vikings, Colts, 49rs, Packers
(11-5)The20th : Steelers, Falcons, Broncos, Giants, Redskins, Buccaneers, Patriots, Bills, Chargers, Dolphins, Bears, Ravens, Jets, Cardinals, Saints, Packers

If repeated we need a set of rules in place in advance to cover issues like people not making/missing picks. :p

Still it was just for fun and fun is what it should remain.

What's that ? The Beer Bacon Trophy of Greatness you say .... mmm .... nah .... what difference would that make to someone anyway ........

Imagine

Boy meets babe

Attached File  beer1.jpg (31.68K)
Number of downloads: 7

Babe is impressed

Attached File  2.JPG (59.38K)
Number of downloads: 9

Babe introduces boy to her mates

Attached File  3.JPG (66.97K)
Number of downloads: 12

Boy and babes party

Attached File  1.JPG (55.84K)
Number of downloads: 6

Oh boy do they party !!!!!

Oh well we can always hope, well played Daser and I look forward to beating you next year.

This post has been edited by Grumble: 17 January 2009 - 10:10 AM

What Would Jack Do ?

#171 User is offline   Daser 

• First Sword

Posted 17 January 2009 - 01:43 AM

Yeah i was so looking forward to winning the trophy since it hasnt been easy to get more than 2 chicks at the time lately.

Ohh well i will make huge comback next year!

Well played all.

#172 User is offline   Shinrei 

• charin charin

Posted 17 January 2009 - 10:42 AM

There were rules about people missing picks, but when the forumocalypse happened that all disappeared and I didn't remember what I wrote.

Sorry, I never suspected there'd be a TIE game. Sheesh, I set this up for fun and I get hated on. :harhar:

#173 User is offline   Grumble 

Posted 18 January 2009 - 09:42 AM

View PostShinrei no Shintai, on Jan 17 2009, 10:42 AM, said:

There were rules about people missing picks, but when the forumocalypse happened that all disappeared and I didn't remember what I wrote.

Sorry, I never suspected there'd be a TIE game. Sheesh, I set this up for fun and I get hated on. :harhar:

No one is having a go Shin and I hope that we can put together another pick~em next season. Let me thank you for doing so this year :)

As you say it was fun and that is what we all had. What happened to the USA members, don't they know anything about their own Sport (lol).

Well played everyone who took part.

If I may talk about how it could be done next year, I would suggest ......

Picks from week 1, so we need to have players in place beforehand. We should set up around pre season asking for players. Winner will be best 17 pick record.
Failure to make a pick results in a loss being recorded, no exceptions. As we started a little late this year we ended up with myself making more picks than Daser which gave us a problem, this will not happen again.
I will be happy to help/discuss further nearer the time.

Once again many thanks to YOU Shin !!!
What Would Jack Do ?

#174 User is offline   Thelomen Toblerone 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Team Handsome

Posted 18 January 2009 - 12:19 PM

I'll definitely be involved next year, I only noticed this in about week 8 of the season and was incredibly pissed off at myself for not getting in on the fun, so I hereby throw down the guantlet for next year and claim those three birds for my bed in advance. :harhar:

#175 User is offline   Shinrei 

• charin charin

Posted 24 January 2009 - 12:50 PM

Yeah, the problem was I didn't think of setting this up until after the season had already started. Ideally, we can have it all set up in the pre-season as you suggest.

In the original rules on the old thread, 2 missed picks equaled 1 loss. I suppose it can't hurt to be more strict and make it 1 to 1.

#176 User is offline   Grumble 

Posted 25 January 2009 - 01:09 PM

View PostShinrei no Shintai, on Jan 24 2009, 12:50 PM, said:

Yeah, the problem was I didn't think of setting this up until after the season had already started. Ideally, we can have it all set up in the pre-season as you suggest.

In the original rules on the old thread, 2 missed picks equaled 1 loss. I suppose it can't hurt to be more strict and make it 1 to 1.

Yes, or we will end up unable to compare like for like records again !
What Would Jack Do ?

Share this topic:

• 9 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users