• You cannot reply to this topic

Malazan Pick'em Football !

#141 User is offline   Vengeance 

• High Priest of Shinrei Love and Worship
  • Group: Administrators
  • very good...;)

Posted 24 December 2008 - 06:08 PM

I am going to take Tampa
How many fucking people do I have to hammer in order to get that across.
Hinter - Vengy - DIE. I trusted you you bastard!!!!!!!

Steven Erikson made drowning in alien cum possible - Obdigore

#142 User is offline   Slum 

• House Knight
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 24 December 2008 - 09:25 PM

Dolphins!

What a Cinderella story it'll be if they upset the Jets and get a playoff berth. Favre hasn't been looking so hot lately, maybe his age is starting to show...

#143 User is offline   Bent 

• Keep Rolling...
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:POOP!

Posted 26 December 2008 - 05:23 PM

I am going to pick the packers to hand the Lions their final loss this week, and hope Both leaders manage to miss this week. What a great year for football.

However this is subject to change as I may wait until the leaders get their picks in, to give me a better chance.

This post has been edited by Bent: 26 December 2008 - 05:25 PM

THIS IS HOW I ROLL BITCHES!!!

#144 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 27 December 2008 - 12:33 AM

Bucaneers!!!
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#145 User is offline   Daser 

• First Sword

Posted 27 December 2008 - 02:02 AM

This is the first year i have paid attention to the regular season, normally i would only watch the AFC/NFC finals and superbowl. I have no clue how the already qualified teams usually play after securing a spot, so maybe my last pick is stupid as hell.

Atlanta Falcons will battle on my behalf for the illustrious throphy i want so bad.

I know i will be watching without interruption Sunday and with lots of beer ready for all kind of celebrations/emergencies/depressions.
I am gonna cheer for the Patriots since i think it would be real shame if they go 11-5 and dont get into the playoffs.
San Diego will also get my support since i still find it hard to understand that Philip Rivers isnt chosen for the pro-Bowl and i want him to prove them all wrong.

Good :robo: Luck to you all and may the best man (Team) win.

This post has been edited by Daser: 27 December 2008 - 02:03 AM

#146 User is offline   Grumble 

• High Mage of High House HAWT

Posted 27 December 2008 - 08:51 PM

View PostDaser, on Dec 27 2008, 02:02 AM, said:

This is the first year i have paid attention to the regular season, normally i would only watch the AFC/NFC finals and superbowl. I have no clue how the already qualified teams usually play after securing a spot, so maybe my last pick is stupid as hell.

Atlanta Falcons will battle on my behalf for the illustrious throphy i want so bad.

I know i will be watching without interruption Sunday and with lots of beer ready for all kind of celebrations/emergencies/depressions.
I am gonna cheer for the Patriots since i think it would be real shame if they go 11-5 and dont get into the playoffs.
San Diego will also get my support since i still find it hard to understand that Philip Rivers isnt chosen for the pro-Bowl and i want him to prove them all wrong.

Good :robo: Luck to you all and may the best man (Team) win.

How nice of you to support my pick ( Patriots).

Atlanta are through to playoffs no matter ... they may be tempted to rest their stars ... they won't need them to beat St Louis anyway.
What Would Jack Do ?

#147 User is offline   Shinrei 

• charin charin

Posted 27 December 2008 - 11:41 PM

My beloved (Favreless) Packers will complete the Lions perfect season.

Sigh....1 game from the Super Bowl last year. We really miss Nick Barnett. Our defense hasn't been the same without him.
You’ve never heard of the Silanda? … It’s the ship that made the Warren of Telas run in less than 12 parsecs.

#148 User is offline   Grumble 

Posted 28 December 2008 - 11:35 AM

You think the Packers have had it tough with an injury?

Seahawks have lost the whole offensive line, all their receivers, Pro Bowl defensive end, Pro Bowl QB for 11 games etc,etc and we have 1 less victory than the Packers ! Cheeseheads need to show some heart !!!
What Would Jack Do ?

#149 User is offline   Shinrei 

• charin charin

Posted 28 December 2008 - 12:42 PM

<cough> hall of famer <cough> hall of famer

Aaron Rogers played very well this season. From his stats and lack of serious errors, many people are saying that you can't pin the packers record on his shoulders. I agree that it is not Rogers fault per se, BUT, you can pin the record on the fact that Favre is gone. Last year's team was young and inexperienced, and there is no doubt in my mind that Favre's renewed sense of leadership and shear enthusiasm for the game was what put the Packers one game from the big dance. Rogers couldn't replace that. I like the guy, I think he is perfectly capable of going from an efficient QB, to an efficient QB who is also an inspirational leader.

Also, Barnet is more than just a pro bowl defensive player. He's the signal caller and the heart/leader of the defense. AJ Hawk, although a talented player, proved he is not ready to run the defense at the pro level. The confusion and busted assignments and allowing late drives to win the game (EVERY FRIGGIN WEEK!) are largely due to Barnetts absence.
You’ve never heard of the Silanda? … It’s the ship that made the Warren of Telas run in less than 12 parsecs.

#150 User is offline   Bent 

• Keep Rolling...

Posted 28 December 2008 - 02:53 PM

OK, my pick stays on the Packers then. Good luck guys.

#151 User is offline   Thelomen Toblerone 

• Ascendant
  • Group: Team Handsome

Posted 28 December 2008 - 03:17 PM

Aw, I was hoping someone would go for the Broncos to win this week. They wont, they're going to be smashed into tiny little pieces, but still. That's gonna be a top game, ending something like 49-45 or sometyhing mental like that.

#152 User is offline   Grumble 

Posted 28 December 2008 - 09:13 PM

Well played everyone !!!
What Would Jack Do ?

#153 User is offline   Thelomen Toblerone 

• Ascendant

Posted 29 December 2008 - 02:07 PM

Shocking performance by Denver. I stayed up til bloody 4am to watch Phillip Rivers rape them, Cutler was poor, but it was the absolutely abysmal defence once again that let them down. The Chargers made massive gains so many times, purely because Denver were so poo.

Poor old Favre too, not a way he'd have liked to end his career. Good for Pennington though, I really like him, the Jets were crazy to let him go.

I'll be cheering for Atlanta in the playoffs, they're my NFC team, and I think Matt Ryan's a superb young QB. What about you guys? And who do you think will win the superbowl?

#154 User is offline   Vengeance 

• High Priest of Shinrei Love and Worship
  • Group: Administrators
  • very good...;)

Posted 29 December 2008 - 02:38 PM

I think that Caralina has a pretty good shot. But I also like the Viking just not to make it all the way.
How many fucking people do I have to hammer in order to get that across.
Hinter - Vengy - DIE. I trusted you you bastard!!!!!!!

Steven Erikson made drowning in alien cum possible - Obdigore

#155 User is offline   Grumble 

Posted 29 December 2008 - 06:22 PM

View PostThelomen Toblerone, on Dec 29 2008, 02:07 PM, said:

Shocking performance by Denver. I stayed up til bloody 4am to watch Phillip Rivers rape them, Cutler was poor, but it was the absolutely abysmal defence once again that let them down. The Chargers made massive gains so many times, purely because Denver were so poo.

Poor old Favre too, not a way he'd have liked to end his career. Good for Pennington though, I really like him, the Jets were crazy to let him go.

I'll be cheering for Atlanta in the playoffs, they're my NFC team, and I think Matt Ryan's a superb young QB. What about you guys? And who do you think will win the superbowl?

I can see each home team being beaten in the Wild Card Weekend.

Pains me to say it but Sh*tsburgh look good in the AFC along with Indy

In the NFC I would love Atlanta to put a run together but expect the Giants will be the team to beat ..... watch out for those Eagles, I love their D.

AFC to win the Superbowl !
What Would Jack Do ?

#156 User is offline   Bent 

• Keep Rolling...

Posted 29 December 2008 - 07:03 PM

I am really baffled by the lack of respect for the Tennessee Titans, especially after the pounding they gave the Steelers 2 weeks ago. So I will go ahead and pick the titans as the Super Bowl champs this year. And yes, its because my niners arent in the playoffs(But they beat Washington this week which is a good sign for next year), as well as the fact that I live in Tennessee.

#157 User is offline   Daser 

• First Sword

Posted 30 December 2008 - 09:07 AM

Alot of good teams this year and none that seems unbeateble so i aint gonna guess on any superbowl champs yet.

I will say that i think a few teams look a bit weak tho. Arizona and Vikings especially.

I am really looking forward to the Colts - Chargers game. 2 of my favorite QB clashing and maybe a sign about how strong these teams really are.

#158 User is offline   Slum 

• House Knight

Posted 30 December 2008 - 02:53 PM

Better watch out for those Eagles...they destroyed the Giants and Cowboys in the past few weeks (in the supposed strongest division in the NFL). Reminiscent of the Giants late-season surge last year.

As usual, though, I'll be rooting for the Colts.

#159 User is offline   Thelomen Toblerone 

• Ascendant

Posted 30 December 2008 - 05:14 PM

I think the Cardinals look too reliant on their passing game and weak on defence, and fancy the Falcons to beat them - likewise the Vikings rely too much on Peterson and their passing game is poor, so the Eagles should make it there. The Colts should beat the Chargers, but it's the Baltimore Miami game Im really interested in - two evenly matched teams to my eyes, the Ravens D is solid and Miami has a good all around offence with Pennington and the Brown/Williams tandem.

For the superbowl though, Im predicting a Steelers vs Panthers matchup, with the Panthers pipping it.

#160 User is offline   Daser 

• First Sword

Posted 03 January 2009 - 05:33 AM

The 20th aka Shin are you making a final announcment on the end score or are you leaving it to me and Grumble to decide who won?

I am willing to bet on the playoff games, until 1 of us lose a match, to break the tie if you cant make a decision. :p

Share this topic:

• 9 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users