Malazan Empire: Mummy 3: Legend of the Dragon Something Something Hey Look we Got Jet Li! - Malazan Empire

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mummy 3: Legend of the Dragon Something Something Hey Look we Got Jet Li!

#1 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 12 August 2008 - 09:35 PM

Gods this failed.

Honestly, this just sucked. Even Jet Li sucked and i would have said Jet li is not capable of failing this much in any universe.

The movie basically exists to move from one special fx/cgi/splody scene to the next, and poorly.

Yes, the 'splody is very nice, and some of the action scenes would even be great except that by the time the movie arrives at one the 'plot' and 'acting' make you want to stab yourself repeatedly in the thinkymeatz with the closest available blunt object.

The acting is weak. The plot doesn't even reach the level of widget search/stop the baddy of prior Mummy movies.

MUMMY 1 was big silly good fun. MUMMY 2 was weaker but still fun. This, this was insulting. Wait for the illegal download and then delete it after you've watched the three 'splody scenes. My expectations were low and this failed even that.

- Abyss, stunned at the fail.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#2 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 12 August 2008 - 09:53 PM

At least I'm not missing anything.
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#3 User is offline   RodeoRanch 

• The Midnight Special
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 12 August 2008 - 10:02 PM

I too saw it. It was C minus movie trying to be a B movie. I enjoyed parts but it was pretty weak.

And Maria Bello's accent was atrocious.

#4 User is offline   Skywalker 

• Mortal LightSaber
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Pedant.

Posted 13 August 2008 - 01:25 PM

Saw this (O GOD THE PAIN!) last week...

If you thought the kid was annoying in Mummy 2... wait'll you see what he grew up into. Hint: It aint exactly a case of cocoon -> butterfly. More like fat vampire moth.

Maria Bello and Brendan Fraser were ridiculous. The lady that played Yeoh's daughter was hot, I thought.

The most monumental fail in this movie however was when Michelle Yeoh and Jet Li finally go at it... and the fight is shot entirely in close-ups. I mean... WTF? Haven't the camera crew seen a kung fu movie in their whole goddamn life?
Forum Member from the Old Days. Alive, but mostly inactive/ occasionally lurking

#5 User is offline   J_Slr 

• Acolyte of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 13 August 2008 - 08:30 PM

Well you lads clearly enjoyed this movie :)

Seriously though, thanks for the heads up, was actually planning to see this.
QUOTE (Telas/Yellow (Mafia 30))
edit - gahhhhhh cross. Someone needs to come up with a new forum tool that flashes up a warning. DANGER! THIS WILL BE A CROSS-POST. YOUR POST WILL LOOK SILLY.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users