• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Star Wars: The Clone Wars

#201 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 18 April 2020 - 01:09 AM

View PostQuickTidal, on 17 April 2020 - 03:49 PM, said:

Latest episode was like a movie! 100% setting up the ROTS opening scene.

Maybe one of the best eps that TCW has ever done.

Wow, you aren't kidding. They changed the intro to the movie style as well, music included.

So...
Spoiler

#202 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 24 April 2020 - 10:08 AM

Episode 10....Holy gods! That was fucking phenomenal. Witwer deserves an Award for his Maul performance.

Edit: also, you could tell they had Ray Park mocap for the two sections of the fight...his style as Maul is unmistakable.

Fuck me this was good. Need to rewatch.

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 24 April 2020 - 10:30 AM

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#203 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 25 April 2020 - 12:10 AM

Right again! My lord that was beautifully done. They're doing a really nice job weaving this into Revenge of the Sith and I was enjoying actually seeing scenes from RotS in my head as this ep played.

And then I saw Hayden's Anakin in my mind and it struck me that this Ahsoka Tano could never have been Hayden's version's padawan. It was like my mind slammed into a wall at the thought. She is 10 times the person and character than Hayden's version of Anakin.

Fantastic episode. You gotta wonder what else they would've done if they'd gotten the 2 (?) more seasons they wanted originally.

#204 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 27 April 2020 - 05:19 PM

I'm on about ep 4 of the new series.

Good God why have they given Ahsoka Jar Jar's lower legs?! His weird feet and flared trousers were solely to make the cgi easier - even though as a water creature he probably should have had flippers or webbing or something. And now Ahsoka? Can't figure out that choice!

Anakin looks a bit odd too tbh. Clone trooper story with Echo was good - not so into the Ahsoka one yet but its early on.

This post has been edited by Traveller: 27 April 2020 - 05:19 PM

So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#205 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 01 May 2020 - 10:17 AM

Wait wait wait...was that

Spoiler

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 01 May 2020 - 10:17 AM

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#206 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 01 May 2020 - 11:41 AM

I've enjoyed every bit of this season so far. I've been watching one every evening, and when I put it on my boy comes creeping downstairs and we watch it together.

Just watched the Maul fight episode. Goddam it, that bit when she last sees Anakin...

Ahsoka riding in on the outside of a gunship was also pure awesome.

Can't wait for tonight - then there will be tears come Monday.
So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#207 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 01 May 2020 - 11:43 AM

View PostTraveller, on 01 May 2020 - 11:41 AM, said:

I've enjoyed every bit of this season so far. I've been watching one every evening, and when I put it on my boy comes creeping downstairs and we watch it together.

Just watched the Maul fight episode. Goddam it, that bit when she last sees Anakin...

Ahsoka riding in on the outside of a gunship was also pure awesome.

Can't wait for tonight - then there will be tears come Monday.

This seems to have been planned and executed as a full length movie and split into 4 parts...and I can't wait to re-watch it that way after Monday.

Also, did you hear that TROS drops on Disney+ on Monday as well?

I also expect some sort of announcement, either REBELS sequel series or possibly MANDO news with official confirmation of Rosario as Ahsoka. Either way May the 4th seems to be shaping up to be amazing!

#208 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 01 May 2020 - 09:18 PM

That was... amazing! It ties perfectly with RotS... even having the same communication in it, right before Anakin goes to see the Chancellor.

So many moments it could have been prevented - but so well planned and quite literally executed.

Just followed it with the middle part of RotS; it works really well.

Qt where was
Spoiler

#209 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 01 May 2020 - 11:12 PM

Spoiler

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 01 May 2020 - 11:18 PM

#210 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 01 May 2020 - 11:39 PM

OMFG, that was riveting and dynamite at the same time!

Spoiler

#211 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 02 May 2020 - 02:13 AM

View PostTraveller, on 01 May 2020 - 09:18 PM, said:

That was... amazing! It ties perfectly with RotS... even having the same communication in it, right before Anakin goes to see the Chancellor.

So many moments it could have been prevented - but so well planned and quite literally executed.

As to that
Spoiler

#212 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 02 May 2020 - 07:20 AM

Apparently
Spoiler

That bit with Ahsoka defending was made all the more awesome by the use of the RotS soundtrack - and one of the best ones at that.

And goddamn you, Mace. In his mission to be the Republic personified, he alienated Ahsoka and pushed Anakin right into making the wrong decision at the critical point.

This post has been edited by Traveller: 02 May 2020 - 07:29 AM

#213 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 02 May 2020 - 02:38 PM

View PostTraveller, on 02 May 2020 - 07:20 AM, said:

Apparently
Spoiler

That bit with Ahsoka defending was made all the more awesome by the use of the RotS soundtrack - and one of the best ones at that.

And goddamn you, Mace. In his mission to be the Republic personified, he alienated Ahsoka and pushed Anakin right into making the wrong decision at the critical point.

Yeah it doesn't seem like
Spoiler

#214 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 02 May 2020 - 04:39 PM

Yeah I guess its that one!

Just watched the end of RotS with my boy - never had such an emotional reaction to it. I think we were both blubbing during Obi Wans speech while Anakin burned.

Clone Wars has given that movie such an added weight.

#215 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 04 May 2020 - 10:41 AM

Well that was a HELLA fantastic finale! Maul is yet again the standout...but that last scene....poetic. So poetic.

And Kevin Kiner inarguably made a better score in the last season of this show than John Williams did in the entirety of the Sequels...yeah, I said it. The nuance in Kiner's work is incredible and yet so very Star Wars.

Proof of Kiner's talent:

Spoiler

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 04 May 2020 - 03:29 PM

#216 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 04 May 2020 - 02:38 PM

Oh, and Filoni was on GMA this morning to talk about the episode and was wearing a hoodie with a 332nd Clone Trooper helmet on it...and I CAN'T FIND IT TO BUY!

Sigh.

#217 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 04 May 2020 - 11:23 PM

Wow, just Wow. I can't wait to watch all 4 parts consecutively.

Ahem...Disney folks in charge of making the big budget movies? Please get the F out of the way so that Dave Filoni and whoever else he would like to bring can take over. When they feel like it 'cause they're making amazingly great SW over here in "animated" right now. I need confirmation of the Rebels sequel!

This level of visual product deserves to be called something more than animation, by the way. They really have combined and perfected the styles of TCW and Rebels.

Spoiler

#218 User is offline   Garak 

• Emperor
  • Interests:40k, Star Wars, Babylon 5, WW2, A Song of Ice and Fire, the Drenai series, the Riftwar and all that followed it, D&D, Vikings, the Malazan Book of the Fallen. I think you get the gist of it.

Posted 05 May 2020 - 10:32 AM

I saw an interview with Filoni and he said they got Ray Park (the guy who played Maul in TPM) to do mocap for Maul's fights so that it feels as authentic as possible.

This post has been edited by Garak: 05 May 2020 - 10:33 AM

The meaning of life is BOOM!!!

#219 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 05 May 2020 - 11:36 AM

View Postparan falcon, on 04 May 2020 - 11:23 PM, said:

Wow, just Wow. I can't wait to watch all 4 parts consecutively.

Ahem...Disney folks in charge of making the big budget movies? Please get the F out of the way so that Dave Filoni and whoever else he would like to bring can take over. When they feel like it 'cause they're making amazingly great SW over here in "animated" right now. I need confirmation of the Rebels sequel!

This level of visual product deserves to be called something more than animation, by the way. They really have combined and perfected the styles of TCW and Rebels.

Hard agree on all fronts. I'm so glad Filoni seems to be so front and centre on MANDO, and with the announcement of Taika doing a full movie, I expect Filoni to be involved there too since they are good friends now.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

View PostBriar King, on 05 May 2020 - 03:05 AM, said:

FUCK ME SIDEWAYS!!!

I could swear these saber battles are mocap...I mean all past ones prob were anyway but the quality of what I just watched on a cartoon blew my socks off. I saw so much TPM mirror here which by far is still my number one saber fight.

View PostGarak, on 05 May 2020 - 10:32 AM, said:

I saw an interview with Filoni and he said they got Ray Park (the guy who played Maul in TPM) to do mocap for Maul's fights so that it feels as authentic as possible.

Yep, it was mocapped with Park doing the stunts.

Behold!

https://youtu.be/-k5lHp6g77s

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 05 May 2020 - 11:39 AM

#220 User is offline   paran falcon 

• Emperor

Posted 05 May 2020 - 02:05 PM

As to the final scene
Spoiler

This post has been edited by paran falcon: 05 May 2020 - 02:08 PM

Share this topic:

• 12 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic