• You cannot reply to this topic

Star Wars: The Clone Wars

#101 User is offline   LinearPhilosopher 

• House Knight
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Everything.

Posted 21 January 2016 - 08:10 PM

View PostAndorion, on 21 January 2016 - 07:11 PM, said:

Finally got around to seeing season 4. Is it just me, or did the tone of the series get really really dark? The bright kid-friendly vibe of the first two season seems to have gone and they have no problems showing biologicals getting killed as opposed to droids only. So far I really like it!

Its not just you, infact thats why many are of a mind s4+ is when this show is actually good

#102 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 21 January 2016 - 08:45 PM

View PostLinearPhilosopher, on 21 January 2016 - 08:10 PM, said:

Finally got around to seeing season 4. Is it just me, or did the tone of the series get really really dark? The bright kid-friendly vibe of the first two season seems to have gone and they have no problems showing biologicals getting killed as opposed to droids only. So far I really like it!

Its not just you, infact thats why many are of a mind s4+ is when this show is actually good

Would go so far as t say great even. I'd say 4 is where it escapes the bounds of a relatively complex kids show and becomes a serious story about a war.1-3 are ok to good with a few standouts, but 4 has entire storylines that are pure awesome.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#103 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile
  • Group: Malazan Artist

Posted 22 January 2016 - 06:44 PM

View PostAbyss, on 21 January 2016 - 08:45 PM, said:

View PostLinearPhilosopher, on 21 January 2016 - 08:10 PM, said:

Would go so far as t say great even. I'd say 4 is where it escapes the bounds of a relatively complex kids show and becomes a serious story about a war.1-3 are ok to good with a few standouts, but 4 has entire storylines that are pure awesome.

Totally. Just watched the Battle at Umbara... That moment when they realise what they've been doing is both awesome and gut-wrenching. Also the three Clones using Anakin's trick from tPM was nicely done.

It's my birthday at the end of the month; I'm going to wait and watch the rest on blu-ray.

This post has been edited by Traveller: 22 January 2016 - 07:36 PM

So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#104 User is offline   Andorion 

• God
  • Interests:All things Malazan, sundry sci-fi and fantasy, history, Iron Maiden

Posted 28 January 2016 - 03:43 AM

Season 4 Episode 18: Anakin vs Duku... ANakin clearly seems to be overpowering Duku at one point. Foreshadowing for episode 3?

#105 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 28 January 2016 - 07:27 AM

It is a bit silly, but you can't expect them to ram five/six seasons of episodes in between two existing movies and not have any continuity problems.

The biggest one for me is Hayden's Anakin. The Anakin in Clone Wars is so much better, in every way, than the one in the movies - and after watching up to about half way through season four now, he's had way more screen time. So when I put on RotS, I'm now thinking 'who the hell is that whiney guy?'

I have a question though - where is Yoda from? And is there a whole load of them on a planet somewhere, as a lot of the other various creatures from the movies seem to have a homeworld that needs saving. (I always thought Yoda was more convincing as a native of Dagobah than it just being some random planet he escaped to. Was it random, or was his choice guided by the force in some way I wonder?)

This post has been edited by Traveller: 28 January 2016 - 07:44 AM

So that's the story. And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge.

#106 User is offline   Andorion 

• God
  • Interests:All things Malazan, sundry sci-fi and fantasy, history, Iron Maiden

Posted 28 January 2016 - 07:49 AM

View PostTraveller, on 28 January 2016 - 07:27 AM, said:

It is a bit silly, but you can't expect them to ram five/six seasons of episodes in between two existing movies and not have any continuity problems.

The biggest one for me is Hayden's Anakin. The Anakin in Clone Wars is so much better, in every way, than the one in the movies - and after watching up to about half way through season four now, he's had way more screen time. So when I put on RotS, I'm now thinking 'who the hell is that whiney guy?'

I have a question though - where is Yoda from? And is there a whole load of them on a planet somewhere, as a lot of the other various creatures from the movies seem to have a homeworld that needs saving. (I always thought Yoda was more convincing as a native of Dagobah than it just being some random planet he escaped to. Was it random, or was his choice guided by the force in some way I wonder?)

According to Wookiepedia Yoda's species and native planet are not known

#107 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 28 January 2016 - 12:08 PM

View PostTraveller, on 28 January 2016 - 07:27 AM, said:

It's a species (not a named one though), as in TPM there was a female one called Yaddle.

Posted Image
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#108 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 28 January 2016 - 06:31 PM

View PostRaging Cajun Gator King, on 28 January 2016 - 06:25 PM, said:

It's always been thought he's a Whill. No known home planet/moon but you can bet it's out there.

That's a fairly decent guess.
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#109 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 04 April 2016 - 10:06 PM

Back to finish up season 5. Way too many spoilers cropping up via Rebels now!

Just watched Savage behead 5 Black Sun leaders in one throw. And found out how Maul got his new legs.

Two Sith + Mandalorians make an absolutely formidable team, cool to see them all in action together. Duel between Obi wan and Maul brothers was epic.

#110 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 05 April 2016 - 02:35 AM

Oh dude... What is coming is going to. Blow. Your. Mind.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#111 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 05 April 2016 - 06:12 AM

These last few eps have been a blast. I'm watching them on blu-ray with a really good pair of bluetooth headphones.That explosion that Artoo got caught in was really well done too.

This post has been edited by Traveller: 05 April 2016 - 06:13 AM

#112 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 05 April 2016 - 09:39 PM

Holy crap that was amazing.

Spoilers for end of season 5

Spoiler

This post has been edited by Traveller: 06 April 2016 - 06:30 AM

#113 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 21 May 2016 - 09:16 AM

Finally got round to watching the final 4 eps.

Really good to see a clear reason for Anakin to lose faith in the Jedi, and fuel his anger towards them. They were acting like dicks when they turned on Ahsoka quite so swiftly.

The last two eps especially made a real effort to show the Clone/Republic army turning into the Empire. The sets all looked straight out of the Death Star (prison block included) and the Imperial symbol is everywhere. The TIE 'fins' on a Republic troop transport looked a bit forced but the whole thing, with Tarkin in charge, looked like a real leap towards the OT.

And the music - nicely done, not-quite-the-imperial-march but an understated version; with Lukes theme from aNH playing as Ahsoka left.

I might have to get the Lost Missions or whatever it's called.

#114 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 05 January 2017 - 09:33 PM

Now watching 1st episode of season 6, The Lost Missions.

Great ep, with a nice anti-grav space fight, and... Anakin storming down a corridor in a manner eerily similar to Vader in Rogue One. In fact, VERY similar indeed! If you've got this, but not watched it since RO came out, look at around the 18 minute mark - it's awesome.

Headshots, beheadings, executions, impalings and floating corpses - I can't quite believe they got away with it all, I'm certain they wouldn't if they tried to do this in Rebels.

Also best droid lines ever.

This post has been edited by Traveller: 05 January 2017 - 09:44 PM

#115 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 05 January 2017 - 09:56 PM

Fuck you Krell!

Although, double wielding double bladed sabers is fucking awesome.
I've always been crazy but its kept me from going insane.

#116 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 05 January 2017 - 10:09 PM

I'm still kinda on vacation and havent worked alot the last few days.

Plus i'm just kinda jumping around watching the ones that seem the most interesting. Once i get back to real life, i wont have time to watch it much. I'll go back and watch the rest eventually.

On a side, Cad Bain is cool as fuck.

#117 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 08 January 2017 - 01:50 PM

View PostSlow Ben, on 05 January 2017 - 10:09 PM, said:

I'm still kinda on vacation and havent worked alot the last few days.

Plus i'm just kinda jumping around watching the ones that seem the most interesting. Once i get back to real life, i wont have time to watch it much. I'll go back and watch the rest eventually.

On a side, Cad Bain is cool as fuck.

Have a look at the cantina in ep4... there are a couple of Cad Bains species having drink. Actually a lot of creatures from there have ended up in Cws.

This post has been edited by Traveller: 08 January 2017 - 01:50 PM

#118 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 08 January 2017 - 05:01 PM

I love how the first arc of S6 deals with tying the whole idea of the clone chips that Rex, Gregor, and Wolff eventually remove and the near reveal of Order 66 way too soon!

#119 User is offline   Traveller 

• exile

Posted 08 January 2017 - 08:51 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 08 January 2017 - 05:01 PM, said:

I love how the first arc of S6 deals with tying the whole idea of the clone chips that Rex, Gregor, and Wolff eventually remove and the near reveal of Order 66 way too soon!

Yes, just watched ep 3 where it eventually gets covered up - at the cost of Fives. Really good eps so far. After CWs, it's hard to watch the scene in RotS when Cody turns on Obi Wan.. these episodes at least show why it happens.

Does anyone have any more detail about the transfer between Clone soldiers and stormtroopers? Were the clones phased out after order 66 and the 'end' of the war? Or did some of them become stormtroopers? If they were replaced, where did they all go? There were thousands of them; all with a chip in their heads. I wonder if all of them, like the clone deserter they found, became more aggressive towards jedi after 66?

I'd like to know as the clone trooper veterans really were awesome alongside the Jedi - and so far I don't know what happened to them, aside from the few that have reappeared in Rebels.

#120 User is offline   Slow Ben 

• Ranger

Posted 11 January 2017 - 12:27 AM

Maul and Savage teamed up with Mandalorians?

Yes please!

Share this topic:

• 12 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users