• « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ye Big TV Thread

#101 User is offline   McLovin 

• Cutlery Enthusiast
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Knives. Stabbing. Stabbing with knives.

Posted 18 July 2008 - 12:46 PM

We've started watching the new Dr Who (with Christopher Eccleston and Billie Piper) on DVD. 6 eps in, not bad, not bad at all...

And, finally, after about 2 years, finally finishing up my viewing of the entire Babylon 5 saga on DVD. Only 10 eps to go....
OK, I think I got it, but just in case, can you say the whole thing over again? I wasn't really listening.

#102 User is offline   Binder of Demons 

• Lord of Light
  • View gallery
  • - Thread Killer -

Posted 18 July 2008 - 01:05 PM

@ McLovin - does that include CRUSADE, and that other spin-off, The Legend of the Rangers?

Despite some hammy acting, poor dialogue at times, and some appalling episodes, I really loved Babylon5 when it came out. Pity they never finished Crusade properly.

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt - Mark Twain

Never argue with an idiot!
They'll drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!
- Anonymous

#103 User is offline   Slum 

• House Knight

Posted 19 July 2008 - 06:27 PM

USA Network has started new episodes of Monk and Psych. Good season openers for both.

Burn notice has had two episodes too...these are really my favorite summer shows (on basic cable anyway).

Now I just have to wait for new episodes of Entourage and Californication...stupid writers' strike.

Fear Itself on NBC has gone to shit...started out alright but went to shit...

#104 User is offline   McLovin 

• Cutlery Enthusiast
  • Interests:Knives. Stabbing. Stabbing with knives.

Posted 19 July 2008 - 07:46 PM

Binder of Demons;354280 said:

@ McLovin - does that include CRUSADE, and that other spin-off, The Legend of the Rangers?

Despite some hammy acting, poor dialogue at times, and some appalling episodes, I really loved Babylon5 when it came out. Pity they never finished Crusade properly.

Nah, I won't bother with Crusade since it went unfinished.

I saw bits of Legend of the Rangers. Not good. Skipping it too.
OK, I think I got it, but just in case, can you say the whole thing over again? I wasn't really listening.

#105 User is offline   Slum 

• House Knight

Posted 30 July 2008 - 08:35 AM

Last week's episode of Psych was pretty good (just watched it). Rachel Leigh Cook is hot.

#106 User is offline   Slum 

• House Knight

Posted 30 July 2008 - 09:29 AM

Just watched The Soup presents: Chicks, Man

It is really funny.

Also, I see Eureka is back. That's a good show.

#107 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 30 July 2008 - 04:58 PM

Yes I was just going to start a thread about Eureka.

I enjoy that show quite a bit. Martha is pwning, and the crazy old bag has some sort of oozy substance she is hiding... what is going to happen!
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#108 User is offline   Slum 

• House Knight

Posted 06 August 2008 - 12:09 PM

I kind of like this new show The Cleaner, with Benjamin Bratt. He's an ex-junkie who got right with God and now he accepts money to get addicts into recovery. I know, it sounds meh, but the episodes are actually pretty entertaining. It's got some colorful characters.

I finally got around to watching the first episode of Mad Men - that's a good show too.

#109 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 06 August 2008 - 03:22 PM

New episode of Eureka on last night. The daughter was plenty good looking. And his face when she said 'Sherrif, please look under my shirt' was great.

Who is this new Harridan, and what secret mystery goo does she have? I MUST KNOW.
Monster Hunter World Iceborne: It's like hunting monsters, but on crack, but the monsters are also on crack.

#110 User is offline   Slum 

• House Knight

Posted 06 August 2008 - 03:59 PM

I'm saving that one for tonight. The DoD lady is still messing with her mystery goo, huh?

#111 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 06 August 2008 - 04:48 PM

No, we don't see it again. But she makes Jo install parking meters, the cafe is charging for food, and close the museum.

Also, she brings back one of my favorite characters! yay! (I am sure you know who, but oh well, you knew it was going to happen)

#112 User is offline   Slum 

• House Knight

Posted 07 August 2008 - 07:58 PM

Saw Eureka. Pretty good ep...the researchers turning into snake-people was cool, and the daughter was hot. Lab 27, that biosphere thing (underground!) was pretty sweet. And, yeah, I figured you were talking about Harry; good to have him back. Thorn seemed to lighten up at the end...BUT she still has her purple goo mystery.

Burn Notice tonight. :)

#113 User is offline   Dr Trouble 

• Pug Life

Posted 09 August 2008 - 02:18 PM

Obdigore;366039 said:

New episode of Eureka on last night. The daughter was plenty good looking. And his face when she said 'Sherrif, please look under my shirt' was great.

Who is this new Harridan, and what secret mystery goo does she have? I MUST KNOW.

I just started the first season. Its pretty good.

I laughed alot on the first few eps. I'm getting season 2 on the ready for when I'm done.

#114 User is offline   Sir Thursday 

• House Knight

Posted 09 August 2008 - 05:11 PM

Raymond Luxury Yacht;353626 said:

How does McFarland's politics match up with yours? I imagine that a conservative would find the show much less funny than a liberal.

I don't think that's the problem - I don't particularly disagree with MacFarlane. It's just outright mockery isn't something that I find overly funny. For example, the bits of Family Guy that I find most funny are cutaways like the baboon landing on the guy in Hiroshima or the AIDS Barbershop Quartet. The episodes of American Dad that I saw didn't have anything like that.

Sir Thursday
Don't look now, but I think there's something weird attached to the bottom of my posts.

#115 User is offline   Dr Trouble 

• Pug Life

Posted 09 August 2008 - 06:51 PM

Just finished season 1 of Eureka after a marathon.

I really enjoyed it, but towards the end it was wearing a bit thing. Not to mention the plot holes and just completely unexplained things. Like: Where did the boss of Global go after the first episode? He was hilarious. I like stark and all, the dudes hot, but that other guy was interesting.

There are other things that I can't be bothered typing at 3 in the morning. But I will say this: Salli Richardson has a TIGHT body on her. What a fantastic ass! I went from a sitting to standing member in less then a second.

MOAR!!

#116 User is offline   Raymond Luxury Yacht 

• Throatwobbler Mangrove
  • Group: Grumpy Old Sods
  • Interests:Quiet desperation and self-loathing

Posted 14 August 2008 - 09:29 AM

New episodes of MythBusters and man vs Wild. Sweet.
Error: Signature not valid

#117 User is offline   Mezla PigDog 

• Malazan Yo Yo Champion 2009
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 15 August 2008 - 08:56 PM

Does anyone else watch The Tudors? It's wonderfully terrible. Another titty fest like Rome really. Anyway, I love it. It's the soap opera version of English history. A guilty pleasure :)
Burn rubber =/= warp speed

#118 User is offline   Biggles 

• Stabro

Posted 15 August 2008 - 11:18 PM

I like the Tudors...It is kind of like a soap opera.

#119 User is offline   Obdigore 

• ThunderBear

Posted 16 August 2008 - 03:34 AM

Trouble;368033 said:

Just finished season 1 of Eureka after a marathon.

I really enjoyed it, but towards the end it was wearing a bit thing. Not to mention the plot holes and just completely unexplained things. Like: Where did the boss of Global go after the first episode? He was hilarious. I like stark and all, the dudes hot, but that other guy was interesting.

There are other things that I can't be bothered typing at 3 in the morning. But I will say this: Salli Richardson has a TIGHT body on her. What a fantastic ass! I went from a sitting to standing member in less then a second.

MOAR!!

Indeed she does. I like Jo as well.

#120 User is offline   Slum 

• House Knight

Posted 17 August 2008 - 04:27 PM

Just watched the first episode of He-Man....hahjahahahahahahahah. Oh, man, I can't believe how cheesy it is now. I used to love this show when I was little. I think I should go apologize to my parents for forcing them to watch it...man, so bad it's hilarious.

I think I'll give Thundercats a shot later. Can't be as bad as He-Man, right?

Share this topic:

• 388 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

5 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users