Who's game is next?

Current finished list is:

Obdigore - Dresden Game
Lady Bliss (Blend as co-mod) - Buffy the Vampire Slayer
D'rek - Brighter than Day
Tapper - Mini
Tapper - Standard
Gnaw - Day of the Doctor

Odbi didn't get enough last time and may be better for a lower TMDI this time round so any of the others up for it?

You forgot my Gladiator game in that list! It's ready to go too! :)
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#1783 User is offline   Thingyman 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 29 April 2014 - 07:46 PM

Hey there. I hope this is the right place to post this :)

I'll try to keep this relatively short and to thepoint.

I am organizing a "Game of Mafia Champions", which will feature the very best players from a bunch of different mafia communities. A cross-site game.

This is a very huge, very ambitious and very unique project. It's an experiment in seeing what happens when different mafia cultures clash. Also, it's a chance to let the best mafia players on the internet face off against each other.

The first three games of this kind have already been completed (almost 40 different mafia sites participated).

Game 1: http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/59/puzzles-other-games/1-game-mafia-champions-ww-invitational-game-thread-1368321/

Game 2: http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/59/puzzles-other-games/2-game-mafia-champions-ww-invitational-game-thread-1381100/

Game 3: http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/59/puzzles-other-games/3-game-mafia-champions-ww-invitational-game-thread-1428519/

(feel free to remove the links if they are inappropriate or against your rules)

I am now trying to gather players for the fourth game in the series. And I wanted to ask you if your site would be interested in having a representative in this game? :)

I will let you guys decide completely by yourself how you choose this representative, whether it be by public poll or the mod selecting the representative or some third thing. The only thing I would ask isthat you please only send someone who you deem to be a champion of your site, someone who has enjoyed accolades or is acknowledged as a consensus top player. Please no "troll representative" :)

Extra information about the game:

- The game is scheduled to start May 5. Each game day (including night phase) is planned to be 2 real life days. Saturday and Sunday will always count as one real life day though, so less time intensive over theweekend. (i.e. Monday and Tuesday = 1 game day, Wednesday and Thursday = 1 game day, and the weekend = 1 game day - so each week has 3 game days in it).

- There will be 24 players and the game should last about 2 weeks.

- As for the setup, it wil be a semi-open setup with potential roles being listed in the OP - without revealing which are actually in the game.

- If your site wants to, you guys are very free to spectate the game. We will also have a spectator chat on Skype set up which anyone not in the game can be invited to. It was very fun for the first three games and attracted people from a bunch of different sites. It even led to a lot of people trying out eachother’s sites.

Note: It really is important that the chosen personcan post plenty every game day. If there isn't anyone on your site who would be ableto manage this fast paced format, then that is obviously understandable :D. Whoeverthe representative is needs to be prepared for 1000+ posts on day 1.

Thanks for taking the time to read this. I hope that you're as excited about this as I am. Please let me know if you have any questions.

If you guys are interested, I'd preferably like the representative to be decided by May 2.

Kind regards,
Thingyman

This post has been edited by Thingyman: 29 April 2014 - 07:50 PM

#1784 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 29 April 2014 - 08:39 PM

1000+ posts on day one? Man reread would be a birch.
I don't know who on here would have the time to commit to such a game, I would like to see Malaz mafia represented, because there are some sterling players on site, but the sheer volume of postage will put most off I think.

eta - very unique is a phrase that annoys me, unique means one of a kind, ie, there are no others, you're on game four :)

This post has been edited by Macros: 29 April 2014 - 08:41 PM

#1785 User is offline   Gnaw 

• Recovering eating disordered addict of HHM
  • View gallery

Posted 29 April 2014 - 08:42 PM

Tatts!
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor Frankl

#1786 User is offline   Blend 

• Gentleman of High House Mafia
  • View gallery

Posted 29 April 2014 - 08:44 PM

Heh, it would be hilarious to see Tatts go in there. They think 1000+ votes is a lot - with Tatts in there it would be more like 2000+ posts on Day 1.
There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail - should we fall - we will know that we have lived. ~ Anomander Rake
My sig comes from a game in which I didn't heed Blend's advice. So maybe this time I should. ~ Khellendros
I'm just going to have to come to terms with the fact that self-vote suiciding will forever be referred to as "pulling a JPK" now, aren't I? ~ JPK

#1787 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 29 April 2014 - 08:47 PM

I agree with nominating Tatts! Not a troll-entry at all!

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#1788 User is offline   Shinrei 

• charin charin

Posted 29 April 2014 - 10:04 PM

Tatts!
You’ve never heard of the Silanda? … It’s the ship that made the Warren of Telas run in less than 12 parsecs.

#1789 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
  • Interests:Mafia. Awesome Pictures. Awesome Videos. Did I mention Mafia?
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 29 April 2014 - 10:08 PM

I accept. I don't expect to do well, and you'd be picking me to represent all you Clever People. However, if they do be mean to me I could see Khell avenge me in a later game.
Apt is the only one who reads this. Apt is nice.

#1790 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 29 April 2014 - 10:10 PM

I can do 1000 posts if that is what's required...

#1791 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 30 April 2014 - 06:00 AM

Oh goody

#1792 User is offline   Khellendros 

• Saboteur of High House Mafia

Posted 30 April 2014 - 01:25 PM

View PostTattersail_, on 29 April 2014 - 10:08 PM, said:

I accept. I don't expect to do well, and you'd be picking me to represent all you Clever People. However, if they do be mean to me I could see Khell avenge me in a later game.

Tatts Tatts Tatts!!!

I'd love to enter myself (and fail miserably) but I won't have much posting time over the next couple of weeks.

And if they're mean to you, rest assured my vengeance shall be swift and unrelenting. No one's allowed to be mean to you except for me.

If you're entering, I will definitely be following this.
"I think I've made a terrible error of judgement."

#1793 User is offline   Tattersail_ 

• formerly Ganoes Paran
    snapchat - rustyspoon84

Posted 30 April 2014 - 01:30 PM

View PostKhellendros, on 30 April 2014 - 01:25 PM, said:

View PostTattersail_, on 29 April 2014 - 10:08 PM, said:

Tatts Tatts Tatts!!!

I'd love to enter myself (and fail miserably) but I won't have much posting time over the next couple of weeks.

And if they're mean to you, rest assured my vengeance shall be swift and unrelenting. No one's allowed to be mean to you except for me.

If you're entering, I will definitely be following this.

Khell can you answer a question about me?

Is there anything else that would be relevant to add to your bio for the game? Such as any mafia-related accolades(awards, nominations etc.), any significant experience with the game on other sites, any guides or strategic input that you've produced, any interesting stats on your game or something. If there isn't, that's not a problem at all.

This post has been edited by Tattersail_: 30 April 2014 - 01:30 PM

#1794 User is offline   Macros 

• D'ivers Fuckwits

Posted 30 April 2014 - 01:39 PM

I was just coming here to say we need to build an intimidating bio to let them know who they're fucking with

#1795 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 30 April 2014 - 01:55 PM

View PostTattersail_, on 30 April 2014 - 01:30 PM, said:

Is there anything else that would be relevant to add to your bio for the game? Such as any mafia-related accolades(awards, nominations etc.), any significant experience with the game on other sites, any guides or strategic input that you've produced, any interesting stats on your game or something. If there isn't, that's not a problem at all.

Tattersail has earned the Mafia card 'Ever-Present of High House Mafia'. This means that when the attendance register is called, his hand always shoots up with a delightfully girlish squeal of, "Yes sir, here sir!". The only games that Tattersail has missed in living or recorded memory are ones modded by himself. This enthusiasm translates into his style of play, which has been politely referred to as "rambunctious" and not-so-politely referred to as "a headless chicken". However, do not let this benign exterior fool you. Beneath sits a mafia warrior unafraid to prod and push absolutely anyone or anything, with a dark streak of cunning cunningly disguised by his innocently exuberant expression, and an absolutely uncanny instinct as town in sniffing out scum. Should Tattersail survive a day 1 lynching (always his most vulnerable time), then the opposing team would be right to fear.

This post has been edited by Khellendros: 30 April 2014 - 01:56 PM

#1796 User is offline   Shinrei 

• charin charin

Posted 30 April 2014 - 01:57 PM

That was a good description, Khell.

I think nominating HiddenOne would be funny, but Tatts is the obvious choice. :)

(If Tatts had said no, I would have nominated D'rek, next).
You’ve never heard of the Silanda? … It’s the ship that made the Warren of Telas run in less than 12 parsecs.

#1797 User is offline   Shinrei 

• charin charin

Posted 30 April 2014 - 02:07 PM

Ok, I can't believe I'm typing this because secretly I've been putting it off due to the horrible amount of work it's going to be, but Sengoku 5 is in the development stage (finally!).

It's going to be a bit of a beast*, so it won't actually be ready until I have a few good weeks to turn my thinky-meatz to the setup. I'm estimating beginning of July at the earliest.

*macros, I'll save you the trouble and acknowledge you're "out" without needing to post :)

#1798 User is offline   HiddenOne 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 30 April 2014 - 02:16 PM

View PostShinrei, on 30 April 2014 - 01:57 PM, said:

That was a good description, Khell.

I think nominating HiddenOne would be funny, but Tatts is the obvious choice. :)

(If Tatts had said no, I would have nominated D'rek, next).

What are you trying to say here, Shin?

I endorse Tatts, and Khell's bio is good, but we can't show the tender side of Malazan Mafia with humor, we must strike fear into their hearts
HiddenOne. You son of a bitch. You slimy, skulking, low-posting scumbag. You knew it would come to this. Roundabout, maybe. Tortuous, certainly. But here we are, you and me again. I started the train on you so many many hours ago, and now I'm going to finish it. Die HO. Die. This is for last time, and this is for this game too. This is for all the people who died to your backstabbing, treacherous, "I sure don't know what's going on around here" filthy lying, deceitful ways. You son of a bitch. Whatever happens, this is justice. For me, this is justice. Vote HiddenOne Finally, I am at peace.

#1799 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 30 April 2014 - 03:13 PM

The Espers 2 spoiler thread is currently about 15000 words, so about halfway done. I'm confident I'll have it finished and ready for a summer run, as well. If Shin's is also a beast, maybe he can run Sengoku in July and I'll run Espers in August to space things out.

Do people feel like they'll be around and able to play in the summer? Espers will need a fairly high player count, and I assume Sengoku will too.

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#1800 User is offline   Khellendros 

Posted 30 April 2014 - 03:17 PM

View PostD, on 30 April 2014 - 03:13 PM, said:

The Espers 2 spoiler thread is currently about 15000 words, so about halfway done. I'm confident I'll have it finished and ready for a summer run, as well. If Shin's is also a beast, maybe he can run Sengoku in July and I'll run Espers in August to space things out.

Do people feel like they'll be around and able to play in the summer? Espers will need a fairly high player count, and I assume Sengoku will too.

I should be around most of the time in July and August - though I may go on holiday for a few days in August (not sure when, or even if, yet). It's June which will be tricky for me to play in.

Share this topic:

• 97 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users