• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

High Fist Paran?

#41 User is offline   Adjutant Stormy~ 

• Captain, Team Quick Ben
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 19 May 2008 - 09:43 PM

Mentalist;311723 said:

@ AIJ: people think that of Crust b/c he got the Wickans to mainland instead of turning them in... but since he did it for the money, I don't pt much trust into that

@L'oric--Fener's hiding in Errant's old temple in Letheras.

1) Didn't crust try to refuse the huge chest of cash Tavore lobbed at him?
2) Quote on fener? I don't remember that......
<!--quoteo(post=462161:date=Nov 1 2008, 06:13 PM:name=Aptorian)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Aptorian @ Nov 1 2008, 06:13 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=462161"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God damn. Mighty drunk. Must ... what is the english movement movement movement for drunk... with out you seemimg drunk?

bla bla bla

Peopleare harrasing me... grrrrrh.

Also people with big noses aren't jews, they're just french

EDIT: We has editted so mucj that5 we're not quite sure... also, leave britney alone.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#42 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 19 May 2008 - 09:46 PM

The Errant and Fener have a conversation in RG. He states his name at the end of it. It's before the Errant turns into a dick and loses an eye, I think.
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#43 User is offline   L'oric 

• High Fist
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 19 May 2008 - 10:06 PM

"it's all well and good, but I'm sure Hood didn't see it as straight out "betrayal"... probably more like "a test of faith"-Mentalist"

If I was a god like character asking for a worshipper of mine to do something they normally would not do what would be my paradigm?
-King Priam of Greece sacrificing his son to get the ships across the agean in order to sack Troy?
-Abraham told to sacrifice his son in the bible. He proves he would and the son is spared.
There might be another but I can't think of it off the top of my head.

Now given then SE loves to break down storied cliches I think it fits well that the knight of hood went against Hood's wishes, but I think it would fit in just as well with the analogy that being worshipped by worshippers that will not do your bidding is not the most pleasant of experiences, and thats just the way it goes for god's in the Malazan world.

Sincerely,
What I do not know fills many more volumes than what I do know.

#44 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 19 May 2008 - 10:14 PM

Lol, in all fairness, L'oric, your argument is valid, but I feel I MUST correct you :p
Priam WAS the king of Troy :p
you're thinking Agamemnon, who sacrificed his daughter to Artemis
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

#45 User is offline   L'oric 

• High Fist

Posted 19 May 2008 - 10:29 PM

Damn my memory! I took latin 15 years ago....and I am not going to take a refresher course. Maybe I should have googled that.-only one thing in my favor on that one and thats the question mark I left behind.
What I do not know fills many more volumes than what I do know.

#46 User is offline   councilor 

• High Fist

Posted 20 May 2008 - 03:22 AM

Aptorian;311058 said:

Somewhere in the end of Bonehunters, it says that Paran leaves 7C and he never returns. So that is highly unlikely.

Also Paran doesn't really have any connection to the Wickans, so he doesn't have any reason to get upset about another people subjugated by the empire.

i think it also mentions that he was heading towards aren. where do you think the punitive army is going to land?
Question:

Does being the only sane person in the world make you insane?

If a tree falls in the woods and a deaf person saw it, does it make a sound?

#47 User is offline   Ain't_It_Just_ 

• The Recidivist
  • Group: LHTEC
  • Interests:Dungeons and Dragons, and the odd caramel slice.
  • The AIJman cometh

Posted 20 May 2008 - 07:33 AM

councilor;311974 said:

i think it also mentions that he was heading towards aren. where do you think the punitive army is going to land?

He could have gone anywhere. But I assume he and the Host are still at sea.

@Stormy

The part in that i don't get is why he refused a huge chest of gold. Not because he thinks that "it was fine, don't mention it, etc.", because that ain't MBOTF. I still have a hard time working people out in the books. Example: have you tried following what Cartheron Crust says while on the ragstopper in DG?

#48 User is offline   D'rek 

• Consort of High House Mafia
  • Group: Super Moderators

Posted 21 May 2008 - 03:42 PM

Ain said:

The part in that i don't get is why he refused a huge chest of gold. Not because he thinks that "it was fine, don't mention it, etc.", because that ain't MBOTF. I still have a hard time working people out in the books. Example: have you tried following what Cartheron Crust says while on the ragstopper in DG?

I figure he began by refusing the chest of gold because he saw it contained a lot more then he was asking and knew Tavore was about to make some silly request of him. He'd rather have just taken his bag of gold and sailed away to Malazarctica then do some dangerous job in Imperial waters. In the end he relented anyways.

And yeah, he is tough to follow in DG. Kalam's talk about how Mockra can be used to induce a mental block on people comes to my mind. It would seem Crust spends most of that time under a mental block from Salk Elan which prevents him from
a) thinking too much about they're navigation
:p thinking about mental blockages
c) identifying Salk Elan as a Claw (or even as Pearl if Crust would know him)

he does a fair job of circumnavigating the blockage and trying to hint things to Kalam, who is either too stupid to realize the truth of things or being mental-blocked himself...

View Postworrywort, on 14 September 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I kinda love it when D'rek unleashes her nerd wrath, as I knew she would here. Sorry innocent bystanders, but someone's gotta be the kindling.

#49 User is offline   Mentalist 

• Martyr of High House Mafia
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:Soccer, Chess, swimming, books, misc
  • Junior Mafia Mod

Posted 21 May 2008 - 04:08 PM

The captain of the Ragstopper in DG is supposed to be quite mad. Supposedly, it's all Pearl's fault.

Could be that Catheron wasn't already "all there", though...
The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard
THE CONTESTtm WINNER--чемпіон самоконтролю

View PostJump Around, on 23 October 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

And I want to state that Ment has out-weaseled me by far in this game.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users